• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yes i am haha but this time i'll bring it, and i'm goingto actually enforce my "say who you are and who won" into the camera deal this time XD

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Hey hey mana...i understand the stuff about no recording on the venue, but is there any way I can assure that some matches of mine are recorded and go onto the DVD?
well im going to make an offer to all those who want to record a personal match of theres, which i will only allowed in a special area by the friendlies area. Since everyone is dying to record so much, there will be a record fee for your personal match. Like my idea or not this is not because we are money hungry, it is because we lack donations this year so im going to do this.

If your are planning to record a match in the recording area I will only allowed matches to be recorded on vcr tapes no camcorders.

Only the person you are playing and yourself are allowed in this area.

third you pay a fee of 10 bucks to get you vs the person you want to fight match. Best out of 3 and no more. Other rules are up to you. The money will go directly to the venue and other costs.

I think this would be fair for both us the staff and the people who really want their matches to be recorded against someone else for personal use. If I see people who shouldnt be in the area Ill give them a warning, then the second time they will be asked to leave the venue. And yes I mean it! Oh yes and in addition to this for all those who are thinking about playing the japanese it wont come cheap this year. Without donations this year expect each person to pay 20 bucks minimum to play them outside of the tournament and its first come first serve. The match will also be best out of 5. This money is going straight to their plane tickets bought in advanced. I will also make sure people know this is the recorded area for personal matches only. NO friendlies will be allowed on there. If people are playing friendlies I will give them a warning and the second time will be forefit in their tournament matches and im sure people didnt come all the way to pay 75 bucks just to be not abled to enter singles.

camcorders are allowed outside of the venue to record interactions etc. Inside the venue the staff will be recording funny moments etc for montages etc. So yes everyone benefits. I just hope nobody tries anything funny on us this year because we seriously mean business. So I hope everyone respects us and we will in return respect you the people making this event happen.

Also there are always complainers who will try to say wow they are going to make profits off dvds etc etc. Dvds usually are made to fill in the last debt holes. Then the rest is like an extra reward for us making the dvd which doesnt come cheap to us in our busy lives. Just burning around 220 dvds just made me exhausted not only one me , but my burner and computer. Compiling matches etc also is in turn tough. Then mailing everything to people becomes another issue. So yes if we make profit it is only because we deserve it and it needs to either help out the debt we put ourselves in to run it or other cost. So I hope im clear and answer all your questions.

Also I want to add this year oc3 is honoring our friend and smasher Tony aka Undisputed, may his soul rest in heaven looking down on us this year playing. Tony attended oc1 and died due to medical complications before oc2.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I understand about not bringing camcorders to tape tourney matches, but what of friendlies and money matches? What if I want to capture some of the human interaction outside of the matches, such as crowd reactions and funny moments like every Trevyn moment ever?

I understand that it would be hard to police people w/ recording equipment, and that there will inevitably be some underhanded soul who would record KDJ vs Forward or something and throw it up on Youtube... So if there is no way whatsoever to record for ourselves, will you guys be having multiple cameramen running around capturing random moments like the ones I mentioned?

Of course, if you did that, someone would have to follow Trevyn at all times-- he's just too hilarious...

EDIT: Thanks for clearing that up, Mana.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I understand restricting friendlies to best of 3 but you should allow money matches that are being recorded to go at least best of 5. I dont want Gimpyfish to complain about how he would've won if it had been best of 5 instead of best of 3. (please dont **** me for saying that :laugh:)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

I understand restricting friendlies to best of 3 but you should allow money matches that are being recorded to go at least best of 5. I dont want Gimpyfish to complain about how he would've won if it had been best of 5 instead of best of 3. (please dont **** me for saying that :laugh:)
well I dont know how many tvs ill have in this area and im sure lots of people want to record their match with someone. Ill change it to best out of 5 but the time limit has to be 6 minutes. Or best out of 3 with 8 minute time limit people can decide that.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Is a montage allowed?

I read your rules for allowing cameras into the game room, Manacloud, but is it okay if I may be the only one to bring one and make an OC3 Montage?

I've only made two montages:

UCLA Monthly II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwvYVXk2e8

North Hollywood Smash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDOUuHfX3E

I DON'T record full matches, not because my camera shows a 'black glare' across any tv but because I don't want to, since they get taped anyway.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
****** you*

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
I read your rules for allowing cameras into the game room, Manacloud, but is it okay if I may be the only one to bring one and make an OC3 Montage?

I've only made two montages:

UCLA Monthly II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwvYVXk2e8

North Hollywood Smash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDOUuHfX3E

I DON'T record full matches, not because my camera shows a 'black glare' across any tv but because I don't want to, since they get taped anyway.
That'd be cool if someone is willing to step up to do a montage, what do you think Ken / Mana?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
thats right

MAYBE IF YOU WERE GOING (insert sad bowser SMILEY from msn here)

I have q question about the japanese. So if we pay 20 dollars to play them can we play an additional 10 dollars to get our set vs them recorded? Something that special would be awsome to walk home with.
yeah, thats correct. But if someone offers a higher donation then the person paying 20 has to wait. But you get the idea. I dont know how to stress donations are needed this year. People aren't willing to donate so there has to be other methods setup to raise donations or money for the venue. This is the result. Otherwise I would have a recording area free of charge and allow camcorders, but not this year. sadly.

Also caotic is usually responsible for the montage, however, if caotic wants your help atlus then i dont mind letting you help make a montage for oc3. However it just better be montage footage and no funny business. That's why if caotic allows you to help and you try something im taking it on caotic >=). So caotic better do his job as staff. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.

jon playa

Smash Cadet
can anyone direct me towards something in the costa mesa area where people get together to play weekly/bi-weekly?

Thanks!

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Yeah, where are the montages for OC1 and OC2? I would like to see them.
They have footage but we don’t know what they did with it. I thought they were going to include some in the CD they made but I’m not sure since I didn’t buy one.

Mana -

I don’t see what the big deal is having so many restrictions with camcorders. Only a few people took cams last year, and I never saw any footage of it on youtube except for those short clips Magnum put up of the crowed. You guys saw me with a cam and I recorded at least an hour of or 2 from all 3 days and I didn’t record any matches except the ones you guys let me record. Please don’t restrict us to just being allowed to record outside. Most of the action takes place inside, and that’s where I’d like to get most of my footage.

I thought about making a montage for OC2 but I’m bad with music selection and I’ve never done one before. At least with this tape I’ll be sure to have something to remember the good times. If you guys don’t allows us to record inside then at least guarantee us that a montage is going to be made for sure. Promises are always made but at the end nothing happens.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Alright guys, the time is near..

We need everyone who has bought their plane tickets to post their flight Information on the registration site

http://www.nealpro.com/oc3/

so we can make pick ups a bit more convenient. LAX is a Busy place, and it's worse enough to drive up there for pick ups.

And if you Plan on going... "YES" now is the time... or has been 1 or 2 weeks ago to actually Buy tickets. Please don't procrastinate any longer, this isn't a last minute thing like homework and studying ;)

Furthermore, Whatever Airport you fly into meaning you have 3 choices, LAX, SNA or LBG, Please post your Information Or YOU WILL NOT GET AN AIRPORT PICK UP OR HOUSING.

We want to actually plan and group people into groups for easier pick ups to make things more convenient for the people and for the 0c3 staff.

thanks again

Ken

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
i don't think making the japanese only allowed to play the people willing to pay $20 is fair to the japanese. they're still paying what they can to come to america, so what if only a few people pay to play them? "sorry, you're only allowed to play against this little group of players the whole time you're here. also, only one match a piece. after that, no more playing." lame. i mean if that's what all the japanese players want, fine, but what if they just want to come play everyone?

edit: also, i think chester just invented a new word to describe bad this is.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
i don't think making the japanese only allowed to play the people willing to pay $20 is fair to the japanese. they're still paying what they can to come to america, so what if only a few people pay to play them? "sorry, you're only allowed to play against this little group of players the whole time you're here. also, only one match a piece. after that, no more playing." lame. i mean if that's what all the japanese players want, fine, but what if they just want to come play everyone?

At 0c2, the japanese were really grateful for those who donated to them for matches with them. If i believe so, there was an actual line for those who wanted to play Captain Jack. Of course this didn't stop the Japanese from playing other people during friendlies, that's if they wanted to. In any case, it is just like how I am, I don't really play friendlies with anyone and I only really do MM's if people Really want to play.

Mana is just trying to reinforce that Japanese players really need donations and not many people are kind enough to donate without something in return, in this case... a match with them.

Can we pay for the enterance fee at the door? I think my roomate may join me.
EVERYONE Pays entrance fee at the DOOR!

However, Please make sure he sign's up on the registration list. As said many many many many times before, we need to know how many people are expected and this saves us a lot of time and is helpful for us to run our tournament.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
It is Confirmed that Bombsoldier and Disc (bombsoldier's brother) will be attending 0c3.

Furthermore, just because bombsoldier is attending doesn't mean we won't be needing donations. I have used my credit cards to pay for bombsoldier and Disc at the moment and I am in Debt lots and Lots of money. I still hope for smashers to help donate towards bombsoldier and his brother, if not them then other japanese players who wish to attend.

Hopefully this raises a few heads and motivate more people to attend 0c3. I have put thusfor a lot of effort in this tournament along with alot of my time to make sure everyone has a good time. Also of course, encourages more people to Donate.

ken

Edit: thanks Adi- Fixed

if anyone has PayPal and wishes to donate. My email is "sephirothken20@hotmail.com"

Adi

Smash Lord
WOOT BOMBSOLDIER!

BTW ken there's a typo in your thing, make sure you say that "we won't be needing donations" rather than "we will be needing donations" or else you'ore going to find yourself in a lot of debt =P.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Pay $20.00 to play the Japanese
Pay $10.00 to have it recorded

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, can we decide AFTER the match is over if we want it put on the dvd or not? Because what if we get owned so bad that we don't think it's worth putting on the dvd?

$ick

Smash Lord
Sucks I'll be out of town during this, brother graduation. But good luck Socal, and hope it all goes smooth for ya Ken. Can't wait to see vids, results and all that good stuff. :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Alright! Need some help CAOTIC? I didn't see any montages for OC1 and OC2 :( I would really like to help you out in this and I assure you NO FUNNY BUSINESS.
I didn't attend 0C1, but I went to 0C2 and I'm making the rest of the videos from that tournament whch should be released before 0C3.

Should I make it to 0C3 (about a 50% chance because of ridiculous flight costs and busyness), I'll be glad to get some help from you if you wouldn't mind setting up crowd and misc. footage. GCII will probably help us as well, since he's generally awesome.

I'm generally way too trustworthy, so if manacloud finds some funny business he may intervene :) LOL

manacloud1

Smash Champion
let me explain

ultra
They have footage but we don’t know what they did with it. I thought they were going to include some in the CD they made but I’m not sure since I didn’t buy one.

Mana -

I don’t see what the big deal is having so many restrictions with camcorders. Only a few people took cams last year, and I never saw any footage of it on youtube except for those short clips Magnum put up of the crowed. You guys saw me with a cam and I recorded at least an hour of or 2 from all 3 days and I didn’t record any matches except the ones you guys let me record. Please don’t restrict us to just being allowed to record outside. Most of the action takes place inside, and that’s where I’d like to get most of my footage.

I thought about making a montage for OC2 but I’m bad with music selection and I’ve never done one before. At least with this tape I’ll be sure to have something to remember the good times. If you guys don’t allows us to record inside then at least guarantee us that a montage is going to be made for sure. Promises are always made but at the end nothing happens.
First off cat physician, your thinking like everyone else does. Do you know how many people want to play the japanese? Do you know how many people dont give a **** about helping them get here? Tell me who bought their tickets? OH yeah ken did. Sorry how you feel, but this is how its going to work. If people really wanted to play the japanese then they will donate to help them with their tickets. Otherwise they can fly to japan to play them. We made it possible for bombsoldier and his brother to get here the least people can do is help. So how can they help? Pay 20 bucks minimum to get matches with them to help out the people who brought them here.

Now i know what your thinking, but the japanese want to play everyone, right? Wrong, they do not want 100 guys asking them for matches. If you want to do whats right donate to the oc3 fund to help the japanese with their tickets.

Now on to ultra,
I respect what you say ultra. I know getting rid of cam corders isnt the way to go, however, last year at oc2 when we allowed it many people did go off and record matches they were suppose too. We had to tell them to stop etc. With all of us busy it is hard to keep track this time around so we are going to get rid of it all together in the venue. If you want to record stuff with your camcorder do it outside the event. Everything else will be put or tried to be placed on dvd to help us with loss profit. This year around I thought more people would be donating so i wouldnt have to enforce these restrictions, but apparently people dont care so thats how its going to be. Like i said if people donated then we wouldn't need the money weve loss to hold the oc3. Our only methods of breaking even are dvds and the money we lost to get the japanese here.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I don't think name calling is going to help.

I'm glad that Bombsoldier and his brother disc are coming. Paying to play the Japanese and record matches sounds very worth it to me. And the money is either going to their tickets or the venue in general. Either way it all works. I will give some money via the thing on the first page. Every little bit helps peoples. ^_^

Gojira

Smash Lord
I didn't attend 0C1, but I went to 0C2 and I'm making the rest of the videos from that tournament whch should be released before 0C3.

Should I make it to 0C3 (about a 50% chance because of ridiculous flight costs and busyness), I'll be glad to get some help from you if you wouldn't mind setting up crowd and misc. footage. GCII will probably help us as well, since he's generally awesome.

I'm generally way too trustworthy, so if manacloud finds some funny business he may intervene :) LOL

ZOMG your coming maybe......we must reform koopta troop and take crews

Neal, ken, mana, whoever does brackets dont put us up vs duperfriends again....that would be lame.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hah so the **** have come out to talk ****

dont pay.

manacloud seems REAL shady.
listen. Go search plane tickets from tokyo japan to los angeles international airport and tell me how much that is. Multiply it by two because its bombsoldier and disc. Then go ask the japanese how much money are they planning to bring.

Next go rent out a ware house large enough to hold 300 people then pay extra just because you care enough to let people sleep there. Do you know how expensive it is to rent a place in california and especially that allows people to sleep there? Why dont you ask neal or other people in so cal, its not easy.

Donations are out of the kind generosity of the players. So if players want to donate good for them and if they dont i do not care. However, since this year we are not receiving donations to cover our losses then we have the right to make up for them anyway we want. Its our tournament, enough said. And 20 bucks to play a famous japanese smasher and then record it is worth a lifetime. You're saving way more money then actually flying to japan and its optional. If people really wanted to play bombsoldier or disc then they would have donated to get them here. If they really wanted to play them and not help them out that doesnt make any sense becuase they are just trying to get in friendlies, which would never have happened if they couldnt show in the first place without us.

Now if i am shady I would not give housing to the players and lie about the japanese not comiing to get more money. If you dont have facts stfu please. It seems to me no matter what is going to happen people are going to either like it or hate it. If your not going to attend the tournament do not stop others who are willing to care enough to donate.

This is what guys like you like though stryk9, so im going to stop posting to these idiotic responses, for the people who are interested in attending the tournament i will answer your questions and please keep this thread clean of insults otherwise a mod will be informed.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
ZOMG your coming maybe......we must reform koopta troop and take crews

Neal, ken, mana, whoever does brackets dont put us up vs duperfriends again....that would be lame.

lol if you do form a koopa troop team, we wont put you against duperfriends of course...

we'll just have to put you guys up against an all sheik team. ;)

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
The issue with the 20$ matches is a little too complex to talk about in the boards because too many variables are involved. The restrictions with the cams though is just stupid, I don't care if Mana disagrees. If I want to remember this event with the help of my camera I believe I should do so. If Mana wants to distribute DVD's, man, I don't care! Let him. But dam! Relax wit the restrictions. You got T-shirts, 75$ entry, 20$ MM wit the Japanese, and the DVD sales. Come on! thats a lot of dough, if 300 due come. I also understand the issues with operating this tournament, its a hard job, but you wanted to do it. The smash community is very appreciative. I don't see the problems with the cameras. You will make some money with the DVD's. But I know you won't capture all the events I'll witness. In short, I just want to have fun and play the greatest in this country. I want to have "fun", not hassle with restrictions. Ease off!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

The issue with the 20$ matches is a little too complex to talk about in the boards because too many variables are involved. The restrictions with the cams though is just stupid, I don't care if Mana disagrees. If I want to remember this event with the help of my camera I believe I should do so. If Mana wants to distribute DVD's, man, I don't care! Let him. But dam! Relax wit the restrictions. You got T-shirts, 75$ entry, 20$ MM wit the Japanese, and the DVD sales. Come on! thats a lot of dough, if 300 due come. I also understand the issues with operating this tournament, its a hard job, but you wanted to do it. The smash community is very appreciative. I don't see the problems with the cameras. You will make some money with the DVD's. But I know you won't capture all the events I'll witness. In short, I just want to have fun and play the greatest in this country. I want to have "fun", not hassle with restrictions. Ease off!
its not restrictions these are rules. It applied to oc2 and now its changed for oc3, nothings new except what we learned from oc2 to improve oc3.

at oc2 camcorders were allowed and lots of people not saying everyone did not listen and we had to keep telling them to turn it off. This time around we the staff are going to be even busier. So thats why its being enforced. A great example is the oc2 dvds. neal thought it was a good idea to put on a disclaimer telling people who bought the dvd to not post them on youtube. We thought people would respect us,but the next day someone didnt like the dvd and posted all the good matches online. We lost a lot of sales because of it. This is the same with the camcorders, everyones saying right now how they will respect us and not record or put any matches online and then later on it happens. Then what? Will all the people who told me it wont happen apologize along with buying 5 dvds each? I dont think so.

75 bucks isnt profit to us. Its the tournament entry so please do not count it as profit to us. If you attended Mlg you only get to enter singles and doubles and thats around 40 bucks for both. Oc3 is only 75 offering housing, food for 3 days, and singles,crews,doubles, and internationals(being if you make the team). That is more then 75 dollars, so please do not complain.

T shirts arent profit. If people want a t shirt its their option to buy one and not everyone is going to buy one. When you go to a store and buy a t shirt with a design on it that you like. You are paying for the shirt, the design, and the store owners who need money to keep the store going. Oc3's venue was expensive, So shirts will help with cost. I expect to break even.

Dvd sales will increase more if camcorders arent allowed. If someone happens to leak bombsoldier vs pc chris its already going to ruin this for us. Thus no camcorders and the rule still stands. Its set as stone regardless if whether you like it or not. When I go to mlg I complain about rainbow cruise all the time, but hey its mlg their rules and i follow it. I do not complain to Jv. Mlg wont even let me record mew2king vs koreandj in finals if i wanted. They have vod, and we have our dvds.

Money matches with the japanese isnt money matches. It is donations when you play them. Think about it like this, they are here to play you after youve offered to help them out with their tickets. So we arent making any profit off of them, the money will go to their tickets. And not everyone will play them or take this offer. Only people who really care about the japanese will pay to play them. Ive mention this before lots of people will like or hate these rules but they are not restrictions they are here to enforce our tournament. We are allowing camcorders to record interviews with people you like outside of the venue. The only reason why people want to record inside the venue is to record matches with their friends, or other good matches, its quite obvious.
both Bombsoldier and Discsan's tickets = 2700. If 10 people played them and paid 20 its only 200 bucks out of their 2700 dollar tickets. Thats already cheap to get a shot at one of the best marths and falcos in the world. Not to mention housing them for 1 week and feeding them. They do not have any money what so ever. So to get them to oc3 was a big hassle, but we did it because we knew people haven't or would not get a chance to see bombsoldier in real life until now only at oc3. So Do not be stingy.

Of course we want to hold oc3, were doing it for the players already, so now respect our rules. All ive been getting lately are complaints about 75 dollars to enter. Fc is 75 and nobody is complaining. To have a 75 dollar tournament in California is cheap already for the players. I can name many large events like basketball games, anime conventions that cost way more than 75 to attend and just for one day. So what more do you want out of us. On top of that we have recieved nothing in donations that met our standards of what we should have gotten to ease our worries this year.

There is a simple fact most people are denying here. OC3 is a tournament like any other tournament such as Mlg,Fc,Poker world series. You put out money to have a shot at winning more money. The prizes this year are going to be big. Come bring your skills and if you can beat the people who have names out there such as pc chris, or mew2king, you can take what they think they already have a shot at. THE PRIZE AND TROPHIES. Who knows maybe some random noob might take out mew2king this year. I would like to see that.

So with all this said, Hope everyone understands where i am comming from.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
so like, what if you plan to go to OC3, but not to participate but watch your friends? I'm nowhere near good enough to compete in the tourney, but I do want to see some awesome matches. would there be a way to have a seperate cost for housing food and all that but not to compete? I also want the DVD and such, but I also want to see some matches in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom