• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old ranking, now defunct

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Oh I just contacted you on facebook lol my bad.
I just said "I know I trash talk PM a lot but its fun and I love Lucas
Teach me your ways when you come home"

edit:

Just caught something. "Specialk" from Who's Tyler? 6 and "Special K" from Who's Tyler? 7 are both on deck. It's the same person, and ETFC V this weekend was his third event.

My bad for typing his tag inconsistently. Also please add Who's Tyler? 8 to the list of upcoming events, thanks~
http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...ang-bang-ssbb-p-m-ssb64-lindale-texas.348257/

Last edited:

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
The qualifications are in the FAQ, but if there are no players there that were previously ranked i would prefer the tournament have at least 25 ish entrants. Also, nobody try to contact me on facebook because I'm in china for the next week and you can't facebook there
Alrighty, I checked the FAQ and I think all three tournaments can count. Denti was at the first one, and I was at all three, so that takes care of the previously ranked player requirement. I'll work on getting the tio files sent to you. Also, have fun in China!

While I'm at it: could you put the Oklahoma Invitational on the OP?

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Texas Showdown is April 4th-6th! Featuring SSBM and SSBPM (Which will be on friday). Anybody interested in coming? I know the venue isn't cheap ($40 online, $50 at the door), but this is a great opportunity to show PM and melee off to the traditional FGC. There will be plenty of other fighting games, 3 days worth of events, and Capcom is even bringing Ultra SF4 that you can play! Registration is here

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
A couple of people from the Houston GameGuys weeklies have been asking me if our weeklies count for power rankings. The tournaments hosted fit all the criteria. Insomnia's tournaments as well as GameGuys have 20+ entrants each. Should we start sending our finalized brackets?

Oracle

Smash Master
A couple of people from the Houston GameGuys weeklies have been asking me if our weeklies count for power rankings. The tournaments hosted fit all the criteria. Insomnia's tournaments as well as GameGuys have 20+ entrants each. Should we start sending our finalized brackets?
I dont like adding weeklies because the growth rate of ppls scores who attend them is huge and its a little unfair to people who dont have weeklies. One weekly per month to be added in is fine

Also, are any of you guys coming to texas showdown?

Last edited:

Zhea

Smash Ace
Wait. I guess this is too little too late, but why does attendance boost rating? If all you do is beat the same guys, there should be a point where your rating shouldn't go up.

Oracle

Smash Master
It doesn't directly boost rating, but if you win a bunch at weeklies then your score will skyrocket because even if its just a little, every win will increase your score. with weeklies you can play the same ppl over and over again without risking a huge loss to your points like you would at a more stacked tournament. not to say that those wins are worthless, but you can get a really high score while being very isolated from the rest of the scene.

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
I dont like adding weeklies because the growth rate of ppls scores who attend them is huge and its a little unfair to people who dont have weeklies. One weekly per month to be added in is fine

Also, are any of you guys coming to texas showdown?
Texas showdown is ten/fifteen minutes from where I live. I will be there and I will probably house a couple of people in my dorms, provided my classes don't screw me.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
if you could go ahead and all the OK people that entered into this tourney to PR. once we have those other events we will hand them over to you as well.

SwonK

Smash Rookie
So what is the criteria to get power ranked? I've been to three tournaments that are listed on there and haven't been placed. I've attened PARG 2, BR10 and KotH 1

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
So what is the criteria to get power ranked? I've been to three tournaments that are listed on there and haven't been placed. I've attened PARG 2, BR10 and KotH 1
If you drowned in pools, it doesn't count. Only bracket out of pools counts. In other words, make it out of pools, and float yourself to the rankings, or just attend a tourneys that run a straight bracket.

D

Deleted member

Well the problem is that I don't even have a SCORE next to my name DMG. I don't know what I am

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ur 11th trust me (not rly i have no idea)

justanull

Smash Cadet
Can you merge my result from under "Reid L." to be under "Kawaii". I entered at Apocalypse as the former name and am moving to the latter name.

Oracle

Smash Master
if you could go ahead and all the OK people that entered into this tourney to PR. once we have those other events we will hand them over to you as well.
They need to go to at least 2 tournaments before theyre listed. Also I would prefer you not give me old tournaments at this point because it affects the score retroactively and can shake up the pr. From now on be sure you send me the tio files from your tournaments asap
This includes smash 9 and Im still not in top 10 lols. Gonna take a while. Oracle what k value are you using...
I think 24 is the kvalue? It generally takes 2 or 3 good placings to get into the 1700s

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
They need to go to at least 2 tournaments before theyre listed. Also I would prefer you not give me old tournaments at this point because it affects the score retroactively and can shake up the pr. From now on be sure you send me the tio files from your tournaments asap
sounds good. for the OKI, we were thinking of using an online bracket such as AIB or Challonge so the viewers as well as the commentators can keep up with the brackets. afterwards just make a TIO based off of them and send them to you through PM? facebook or smashboads? or email?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
This updates highlights:
- Sethlon & Austin are less than a point apart.
- Both players are less than a point away from 2000 points.
- Oracle's score is closer to Denti's than either Sethlon or Austin
- Lunchable's score remains a mystery

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Updated with Nowhereland! Some interesting results, check it out!

I apologize to lunchables about keeping your score hidden. I only did that because of how often you nagged me to update the scores over the past 3 weeks. I didn't intend to keep it going that long but I had trouble moving the scores to my new computer so it was taking a while to go back and update everything.

Also, I put the three tournaments this weekend (Who's Tyler, MPB, and Collected) up in the OP. I would recommend going to whichever is closer to you, but collected will be streamed by tourneylocator and they just removed the cap, so it looks pretty exciting.

D

Deleted member

Well I nagged you because the PR is kind of a way to track my progress as a player. When you deny me AND ONLY ME my own score for over 3 weeks... Am I supposed to be happy?
I'll get you back eventually, idc if I have to stoop below your level

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
U were 11th. Moved to 10th. Don't be poopie

D

Deleted member

How was I supposed to know I was 11th?
I wasn't given a score.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
10 people were above you, then you were listed, then the list kept on going with 12, 13, etc

The logical conclusion is that you were 11th, considering you probably slid up or Strawhat slid down. Simple as that

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Boo I was one spot off, sue me

I'm so good, I'm gonna fill half of the spots between 7th and 7th

Top Bottom