• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(04/11) PANHANDLE SMASH: We're not GIGS! (Tallahassee, FL)(Brawl/Melee/TvC/SFIV)

KBM

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure we're all starting off as noobs with 0 points

I know Drew wants to start seeding brackets but he's gotta start somewhere :S

OverLade

Smash Hero
If I have to play someone good before the 3rd round I'm going to be so angry I'm probably going to just spam tornado and Downsmash and then SD off the ledge with an up B........

KBM

Smash Ace
heh, yeah i hear ya. around here you either end up with the "Die Hard Terminator Drop-the-Soap-in-front-of-DBS" bracket, or the "Rainbow Sunshine My Little Pony" bracket.

for some reason, we never get a fair bracket XD
it's not drew's fault or anything, he sets it up right, just random chance hates us

B_AWAL

Smash Master
i think dark sonic is the best sonic in FL.
K, Title match if he comes :-)

It's my Title and I'm gonna defend it!!!

Also,

How will seeding points be determined for this tourney?

Im not gonna get bracket****ed again....
We seed U by location,

So the only thing we promise is that U won't fight Ur friends or people U came with in Round 1.

If I have to play someone good before the 3rd round I'm going to be so angry I'm probably going to just spam tornado and Downsmash and then SD off the ledge with an up B........
If ur paired up w/ Afro in round 1 it's tough 4 U...

It's not like we can rate who is on what skill level.

Besides, there are gonna b lots of GOOD people coming anyways.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
B_awal, just let me look at the bracket before finalizing it and calling matches. Im a pretty good judge of wat makes an even bracket/make sure no one plays people from their own region ect....

But dont take my word for it, ask the kind people of wfl!

thats a joke, dont take it seriously lol

but yea, i'll help out for sure.

*EDIT*

or u could just do pools and ignore me.

im a faster version of pools tho, trust me

KBM

Smash Ace
it doesn't say you ever edited your post brik

what would be the purpose of a fake edit...

either way, I know I'm gonna get Polmex and Gmoney, 0:2, 0:2, and go home.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
B_awal, just let me look at the bracket before finalizing it and calling matches. Im a pretty good judge of wat makes an even bracket/make sure no one plays people from their own region ect....

But dont take my word for it, ask the kind people of wfl!
thats a joke, dont take it seriously lol
but yea, i'll help out for sure.

*EDIT*

or u could just do pools and ignore me.
im a faster version of pools tho, trust me
In tourney matches Ur gonna fight certain people sooner or later regardless of when it is... If I fought Seibrik and then Afro and lost to them I'd be proud.

Every1 can express their Ideas and we will work out the best solution in the end.

The only thing that we've ever focused on is making sure that friends don't ever fight each other. Brackets have always been fair @ our tourneys when we've based it off of region.

Also, don't listen to KBM. I love him like a brother but he sometimes gets mad @ who he has to fight vs who he doesn't have to fight.

KBM

Smash Ace
hahah XD
the only problem with setting up the bracket like that, is if Seibrik ends up in the my little pony half of the bracket, he just got free money. if it's just a bunch of noobs in the my little pony half, then some noob just got guaranteed third place, which is cash for doing basically nothing.

there aren't really any ways to do it at this one since we don't have seed points yet, but if we do seed points based on placings at this one, it'll be better next time

-!-

Smash Lord
Play-n-trade? over this tourney . . . funny.
yea it's funny but we don't wanna be *******s to the guys that have moved their tourney two times already for us... plus we need another driver cuz Chris doesn't want to drive the whole trip himself so yea, next one for sure we'll go...

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
I plan to get top four in Melee. I know I'm shooting high, but I really wanna place. I'm starting to get sick of going to tournaments and just being the funny man. I wanna be a legitimate contender, too. The 11th should be tight.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Im probably housing ********* and My crew....(You to Parker Even though Your a black person)

>_<

Umm <_<

Im planning on win btw
$
PS..... NICK IS THE BEST SONIC IN THE WORLD...OTHER THAN ME :D

PolMex23

Smash Champion
it doesn't say you ever edited your post brik

what would be the purpose of a fake edit...

either way, I know I'm gonna get Polmex and Gmoney, 0:2, 0:2, and go home.
Naw dont think like that xD
Im humbled cuz i dont smell sarcasm...But I wanna ask you somthin...

How you know I love the Oli match up?...Mind reader you...you witch!!!

Its not that Luigi does **** against Oli...Its the player...In my opinion, both characters gets in da head ya digg?

I'm the best Melee Potemkin in Florida.
Get at me, lol.
Lol 10Lols

GG for GG ya feel me?

Melee Melee Melee

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hopefully the TOs know what the hell they're doing then.

Any estimate of how many ppl are coming to this?

Quite a few from AiB are coming....

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping to make it to this..

And umm... Why is Luigi's Mansion a CP while Corneria and Rainbow Cruise are banned? Seriously, there is some stupid crap you can do on LM.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Hopefully the TOs know what the hell they're doing then.

Any estimate of how many ppl are coming to this?

Quite a few from AiB are coming....
The RSVP list is on the front page (although Naples needs to be edited out now :( )

I didn't count, but we already have quite a few on the list, and hopefully more unaccounted players from tally (four i know of who don't have smashboards accounts or names.)

Hope AiB brings more players.

As far as Brackets go, Seeding by location is the way we feel is most acceptable for all who come. I would rather go into my first match, "Lizard vs. Seibrik, Lizard Vs. Afro, Lizard Vs. Reflex, etc" Than hear Lizard vs. Soma, Awal, DBS, or anyone esle from Fluxxed or Juke. There may be a few upsets in the first few rounds, but at least there will be no chance of hearing a first round announcement, "AfroThundah vs. Seibrik", "Reflex wonder vs. Kismet", or, "Masky vs. DarkTemplio"

We understand the complaint against it, but locational seedings are preferable for us, especially with out of state players coming.

This getting closer and closer..... :p

Green_Mario

Smash Journeyman
HELLO LOVELY LADIES AND GENTS....or just gents

WHAT IS UP! It's not too often I go on smashboards, but I want LOADS OF PEOPLE HERE FOR MELEE!!! Time to step it up boyzz. I WANT MY PEEPS FROM SOFLA ALL THE WAY TO GA TO BE HERE! I can help house people, and you know how good tally fire is :p

and one more thing, is tvc necessary? are a lot of people entering? only like 16 people entered at final round xii, and i mean...cmon. Just seems like a waste of time to me imo, need room for other tournies and possibly crews?

and btw, for melee get rid of random stages: kongo jungle and rainbow cruise...wtf is that shizzy

KBM

Smash Ace
LS YOU SO STUPID

Parker mains Potemkin in melee. He was tryin to teach green mario last wednesday, but i guess parker is the only on who can do it :/

KBM

Smash Ace
OH MAH GAWD TRIPLE POST!

I've played like, 1 good Luigi in my life Polmex. I won, but it was rough :(

Top Bottom