• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
As I have already mentioned to Affinity, if you guys want to work on melee, you can always come up to barrio. Melee has again become the main game, but there are a few stragglers who play brawl. As for the tournament, we are still working on the room, and will post the thread as soon as it is confirmed.
good stuff hope everything thing goes ok with getting the room.
Yeah go to barrio
hmmm i do need some hardcore melee practice!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
cool i dont see why i wouldnt be there...i needz some pactices in melee & brawl!.me and afffinity want to train sometime this weekend is any1 else down?

Karmacide

Smash Lord
So many fighting games to play. My crew (Andy's-Super-Kickass-Crew) is playing Arcana Heart right now. Pretty soon it will be Soul Calibur 4 and Street Fighter 4. And Phong just got King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match, Hyper Street Fighter 2 and the new Guilty Gear.

No one ever picks up Smash over here any more, I only play it with you guys.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright guys, I've been feeling quite frustrated lately and i figured I'd let it out.

I am getting SO BORED of the lack of ANY KIND of smash gaming event in this city. This city is full of gamers but the LOCAL competitive scene is almost, if not, dead.

Also, I'm getting REALLY ANNOYED of hearing about tournaments here in town, getting excited, and then finding out that the rule-set is ********, the people that are running the tournament have no idea what they're doing, or the tournament just sucks.

To me, this entire situation is a joke. If there are enough people that want to play a game, go to events, and meet fellow players in this city, THEN WHY IS THERE NOTHING GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been calling Gamestops around town to see if they are planning on hosting any kind of Brawl tournament like the one that was hosted at the East Mall earlier this year, and everytime all they say is either, "No, were not planning anything. Sorry" or "But we just had a Brawl tournament" :ohwell:

Gamestop's slogan is "Power To The Players", which is total bull****. Gamers gain power through competitiveness; its what keeps love for gaming alive. Gamestop obviously doesn't give a **** about keeping the gaming spirit alive at all. They're all complete tools that just don't care.

I'm really wondering what will happen to gaming in this town in generally. It's around, but is so hard to be seen or noticed by those on the outside.

Overall, I'm starting to get pissed about how nothing ever happens in this town, even this state.

This place is really starting to suck. Srlsy.

[/rant]

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Alright guys, I've been feeling quite frustrated lately and i figured I'd let it out.

I am getting SO BORED of the lack of ANY KIND of smash gaming event in this city. This city is full of gamers but the LOCAL competitive scene is almost, if not, dead.

Also, I'm getting REALLY ANNOYED of hearing about tournaments here in town, getting excited, and then finding out that the rule-set is ********, the people that are running the tournament have no idea what they're doing, or the tournament just sucks.

To me, this entire situation is a joke. If there are enough people that want to play a game, go to events, and meet fellow players in this city, THEN WHY IS THERE NOTHING GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been calling Gamestops around town to see if they are planning on hosting any kind of Brawl tournament like the one that was hosted at the East Mall earlier this year, and everytime all they say is either, "No, were not planning anything. Sorry" or "But we just had a Brawl tournament" :ohwell:

Gamestop's slogan is "Power To The Players", which is total bull****. Gamers gain power through competitiveness; its what keeps love for gaming alive. Gamestop obviously doesn't give a **** about keeping the gaming spirit alive at all. They're all complete tools that just don't care.

I'm really wondering what will happen to gaming in this town in generally. It's around, but is so hard to be seen or noticed by those on the outside.

Overall, I'm starting to get pissed about how nothing ever happens in this town, even this state.

This place is really starting to suck. Srlsy.

[/rant]

it always has been hard to maintain a flourishing competitive smash scene here. local tournaments have always been rare and if one did happen they usually have low turnouts. to get a decent amount of people the advertisement has to be really really good and it would have to be announced several days in advanced. plus the boredom and burnout rates here have been pretty high. its still even now more lively than towards the end of melee's life cycle back when no one except me wanted to play. its pretty much all because this area isn't a very densely populated area... most strong and healthy competitive smash scenes are in the larger more highly populated cities.

but oh well...im still down for training and traveling to tournaments. this will be my main competitive game for a long time to come. im also willing to help try to get a local tourny going sometime in the future. where everyone else seems to be dieing down im just getting started baby! whenever i get a job its going to be on like donkey kong cause ill have the resources to spend on the tournament scene!! also if i end up going to that school in texas i leave it up to you affinity to hold down the fort!! even if it ends up being only u i want to be able to come back to wichita and still have some really stiff competition from you. in like a year or 2 i want to see an affinity that is 10x times better then he is today and i will try for the same.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Have you considered that brawl is a **** game no one wants to play play melee its still more popular and ill clown you everyday if you want I'm competitive
As hell

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
nynja wants to get some games in tommroow...im gonna bring melee too maybe we can play both hahaha

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i loled so hard at affinity's last post on page 222

affinity nice playing games online with you lately, your mk is really coming along. i remember when you still played d3 online and at the wsu tourney heh

i'd be really interested in playing you guys in brawl and maybe joining the crew since it seems you all are the only organized smash crew in wichita...although i know there are some guys out there that are decent but don't really have many people here to play with, like me.

idea, if we want to get a good smash scene going here in ict, host another wicked tourney like the one at wsu with the purpose of recruiting peeps. at least let them know 'hey we play regularly every week or however, come play with us if you are interested'

wsu had a pretty decent turnout, around 60 iirc, and that's not counting kids that are in high school/don't go to wsu. facebook could be a pretty good marketing tool imo.

also, please don't ignore brawl, there are tournaments out the wazoo everywhere (else). but that doesn't mean you have to ignore melee either.

part of the reason why i say this is because i'm decent at brawl and **** at melee so keep that in mind!!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
affinity nice playing games online with you lately, your mk is really coming along.
Yeah GGs. I stopped playing online since then though; WiFi just cripples my MK.

i remember when you still played d3 online and at the wsu tourney heh
Really? I don't ever remember playing Dedede... or playing in the WSU tournament lol
I helped run it; I wasn't able to enter. You might have mistaked someone else for me.

i'd be really interested in playing you guys in brawl and maybe joining the crew since it seems you all are the only organized smash crew in wichita...although i know there are some guys out there that are decent but don't really have many people here to play with, like me.
Yeah definitely, stop by. Like Attackstorm said were probably gonna meet tomorrow around or a little after noon. If you have any questions tomorrow give me a call: 390-4741

i loled so hard at affinity's last post on page 222
Bob Barker don't **** around.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah affinity i definitely confused you for someone haha. don't know who but it's someone else in this thread i think.

i could probably make it, i assume it's at someone's house?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
You're probably thinking of Alex, who currently mains G&W.

It'll probably be at Nynja's place in Rockborough at Douglas and Rock. Like i said if you have any questions tomorrow feel free to give me a call.

EDIT: ZOMG GUYS 500 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!11one111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111eleven11111!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
apparently i hop wont give me any saturdays off. and they work me 3-11. my birthday happens to be on the 19th and i told them that i was going to be out of state and they said that i couldnt have that day off but i could have sunday and monday. well since i allready told them that i was going to be out of state, then its on them to find more help in their kitchen. i warned them.

lol at bob mother f'in barker

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yea i was thinking of alex

anyway i slept in hardcore today so i couldn't make it!

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
i totally dont have to work tomorrow!!!!!!!! and i have a car that i can drive to get down there!!!!!!!!

affinity. just text me when you guys are going to smash and ill see if i can make it!!!!!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dayum you guys are out by towne east?

well we'll see...i hope i don't fall asleep in the next few hours

so yeah i didn't come over again, my bad. i was wondering, whatever happened to "the foot", the crew that some guys here made for the ICT?? i'm guessing metroid prism moved away somewhere...as did karmacide.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
ggs today guys steeler u should give affinity ur number so he can call u up for some smash next time.

hey...whos all going to the jccc tournament???

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
GGs to everyone earlier. The mock tournament was a lot of fun; I need all the practice I can get to be ready for the 26th.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Speaking of G&W, I've really been needing practice with that match-up ever since it gave me trouble at the last JCCC tournament.

Hey Alex, how's your G&W now? We should smash sometime after I get back from vacation; I return on Sunday.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
so yeah i didn't come over again, my bad. i was wondering, whatever happened to "the foot", the crew that some guys here made for the ICT?? i'm guessing metroid prism moved away somewhere...as did karmacide.
I'm still here and I still play. I was never in that crew though. Most of the guys who played Smash when that crew was around have stopped playing regularly though with the exception of AttackstorM.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I'm still here and I still play. I was never in that crew though. Most of the guys who played Smash when that crew was around have stopped playing regularly though with the exception of AttackstorM.
that's soo funny the foot lol....smash crews dont work here lol...

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
omg how ironic. i started to play G&W and am totally dominant with him so far. as soon as you get back affinity i will totally play against you!!!

i pick up and drop chars alot for some reason... i cant seem to stick with just one. :(

i like falco and G&W right now. diddy got boring after a while... idk

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
omg how ironic. i started to play G&W and am totally dominant with him so far. as soon as you get back affinity i will totally play against you!!!

i pick up and drop chars alot for some reason... i cant seem to stick with just one. :(

i like falco and G&W right now. diddy got boring after a while... idk

G&W is too good u have to stay way the heck away from his smashes when your at high %. i also stumbled upon this new character that ive been tearing up with lately, not sure if it is a fluke or not but i may have to bust him/it/her out whenever we play again.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181539

it's the thread for evo. for those going. i also made a thread on AiB for those who hate evo and want to discuss:

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=20823
evo oh why oh why do you have to have items. i would still attend if i could afford to go to las vegas...ooops did i say that out loud...

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Evo must have had a collective rash of *********** flooding through, that's the only explanation....or they've been getting tournament ideas from the guys who make the online ones at AllisBrawl

Top Bottom