• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(• Official Confirmed Stage Discussion •)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tau

Smash Apprentice
why do people keep mistaking delfino plaza for a new stage?..

Tau

Smash Apprentice
When was the last time we got a stage update? I was almost expecting one this week. It's been a while, and I miss them. Hopefully we'll be getting one next week early in the week on either Monday or Tuesday.
yeah sometime this week, but i think that it will be one that we've already seen in like pokemon stadium or metaknight's ship.

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
do you guys think the stages will be good? to me it looks like to much is happening,
maybe not though i guess this is only a few of them as well, the animal crossing one looks good

Tau

Smash Apprentice
do you guys think the stages will be good? to me it looks like to much is happening,
maybe not though i guess this is only a few of them as well, the animal crossing one looks good
of course they'll good. i'm glad "to much is happening," because the melee stages got pretty boring shortly after i bought the game. imo they were just too much alike and that's why i loved stages like rainbow cruise, it wasn't just a few platforms and that's all. dont get me wrong, i always really enjoy playing at most stages in melee, i just think that brawl's look way more interesting and wont get to be so boring.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I myself am not a fan of too much level interactivity, but none of these stages seem to fit that description. The only ones that seem to go "over the top" are Rumble Falls, Sky World, Castle Siege, Bridge of Eldin and maybe Lylat Cruise. But even so, they don't seem to be that intense. Rumble Falls moves, sure, but it moves at a slow and steady pace in one constant direction. Sky World breaks apart right? Well even though it breaks there's still pretty much the same stage underneath it so it's basically all for show. And Castle Siege seems to be a "stand still/break/standstill/break/standstill" level. That's not too hectic. BoE just breaks in one section for a little bit every once in a while. And as for Lylat Cruise... we don't even know if the battle interferes with gameplay at all. And the other four levels are as calm as can be.

I think this list is going to be just fine. I think Sakurai found his mistakes last time from Melee and is rectifying them justly for Brawl. I have total faith in him this time around. And besides, with all the time he's spent on this game there probably won't be half as many flaws as Melee had.

(Wavedashing isn't a flaw)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Let's all take a look at what I've said about 3 posts ago about me liking all the stages.

Well... tonight that changed. From the moment I saw the first screen I just didn't like it. The level changes for five second and you spend more of the fight running around like a headless chicken trying to avoid traps than you do fighting.

Not my cup of tea. I'm going to try this map early on when I buy the game and see just how bad it is. Then after that, I'll most likely be done with it altogether. Also, I'm guaranteeing that this stage won't be tournament legal in any scenario.

EDIT:
But I am glad we did get a stage. It's been a while since our last one. And I'm also expecting two characters next week. The plan goes as such: one character every week, and if a week is missed there needs to be two the following week.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yay, our fist stage update this this forum was completed! Looks awesome, too.

It doesn't appear that there is much interaction between the stage and the characters, though. So, for all of you saying this one won't be tourney legal, show me in any of the screenshots with the changed background that any of the characters are receiving damage from the stage.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't appear that there is much interaction between the stage and the characters, though. So, for all of you saying this one won't be tourney legal, show me in any of the screenshots with the changed background that any of the characters are receiving damage from the stage.
On the contrary. Every stage in the, well, stage, has a time limit, probably of only 3 to 5 seconds, where you have to complete a task, such as staying dry by being under the umbrella.

It looks to me that every time a player completes a task, they get some kind of reward. My guess is that after you complete a certain number of tasks, you begin to fight for real, probably for only a minute or so before you have to complete the tasks again.

Basically, I think this stage is mostly for fun. However, it can be very interesting to play in tourneys, since you need to master all of the various tasks and such.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yay, our fist stage update this this forum was completed! Looks awesome, too.

Well the rain looks like its doing some damage (But no knock back) and of course the one who completes the task gets an advantage.

And don't even get me started on those arrows which would undoubtedly hurt the players... than man with the hammer doesn't look to friendly either.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Love it! I adore the WarioWare games, and I can't wait to play on this stage. I have a hunch that this one will be my favorite.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
On the contrary. Every stage in the, well, stage, has a time limit, probably of only 3 to 5 seconds, where you have to complete a task, such as staying dry by being under the umbrella.

It looks to me that every time a player completes a task, they get some kind of reward. My guess is that after you complete a certain number of tasks, you begin to fight for real, probably for only a minute or so before you have to complete the tasks again.

Basically, I think this stage is mostly for fun. However, it can be very interesting to play in tourneys, since you need to master all of the various tasks and such.
Wow, you seem to be an expert on the subject, especially considering Sakurai was very vague on the dynamics of the stage. I hate when people make enormous fallacious assumptions like this.

Well the rain looks like its doing some damage (But no knock back) and of course the one who completes the task gets an advantage.
That makes absolutely no sense. How can you tell it's causing damage if there's no knockback?? There are no damage meters...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That makes absolutely no sense. How can you tell it's causing damage if there's no knockback?? There are no damage meters...
Well when you get hit you usually see those light thingies around a character and thats what im seeing in the rain bit.

But seriously you think those arrows arnt going to hurt you?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..I am almost positive the rain will hurt you..1% damage each. If the mission was only to not get wet, that would be dumb. The arrows will hurt you to. The Hammer dude, well, he looks tough. Really, you know it will damage you.

I really like the main area of this stage though, the 4 platforms are interesting and I like it.

superduper

Smash Cadet
I really don't get it. Why are all these peoples hating on such an awesome stage?

I'm almost certain there's damage involved in the microgames, and the "reward" is simply not getting damaged. The "stable" stage comes in between every microgame and stays for, say, about 20 seconds. That's my guess.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I cant wait to find out what the rest of the Mini games are XD Some of them could make very interesting battles.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i wonder what the rewards are, health?an assist trophy? maybe to unlock a character you have to play through the stage while completing all the objectives. or maybe it will be an event match.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
I doubt the rewards will be any sort of item.

I figure this stage may be tournament banned. It changes from a floating platform stage (*Peach Bomb-able stages are also banned*) to random hectic walk-off minigame stages. And yes, I believe that everything you fail to do in the minigames will, in fact, hurt you. Look at the contact indicators on Mario and Kirby in the first screenshot. They don't seem to be affected by any knockback in the rain and Peach and Wario, who are under the umbrella, don't have any contact indicators on them at all.

I suspect that the rain will do light damage slowly without any knockback while you're in the rain;
I suspect that the arrows will hurt you like Link's;
And I suspect that the hammer-to-mountain earthquake will stun you.

But those are just guesses, and we will have to see exactly what each one does specifically and what other minigames will be in the stage. Also, we will have to wait until the game comes out to see if I even like this stage full of silly and seemingly overdone level interactions and changes.

P.S.- Way to keep updating the thread and staying on top of it 'the_grim_lizard'. Keep up the good work!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Some reason I get the feeling that the reward will not be damaged but something else tells me that it won't be. Not getting damage doesn't seem much of an award so I have second thoughts.

Nevertheless, this stage seems to be very un-orthodox but very intruiging[Spelling?]. I look forward to this stage a lot. I love how the main setting with four platforms is set up. It is my kind of...'thing' lol. The level designs are awesome too. It is just seems like a great and fun stage all around.

P.S.- Well Dyce..lol Grim only needs to update it like once or twice a month at this rate lol. Regardless, he is doing a good job.;)

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
What makes this official?
what makes this thread official? if that is your question then it's because it was posted first and it has all of the information really nicely posted;) also, Scav asked for it to be made when this forum room started.

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
what makes this thread official? if that is your question then it's because it was posted first and it has all of the information really nicely posted;) also, Scav asked for it to be made when this forum room started.
OH I SEE! lol

well...ummm >.>

I like Castle siege >.>

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
me too, i just hope that it hasn't replaced hyrule castle.. '~' great stage though. i like how it takes place during a battle and that you get to go to different levels of the castle.

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
me too, i just hope that it hasn't replaced hyrule castle.. '~' great stage though. i like how it takes place during a battle and that you get to go to different levels of the castle.
Hyrule Castle will be in there, i dont think its gonna be big like in Melee however

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Actually... it was posted second. But the mother post was done so much better than the mother post in the other "official stage discussion" thread. And it updates every time a new stage is released, unlike the other one. AND the fact that the creator of the first thread (who just so happens to be Scav... a moderator) gave his approval of this thread and didn't report or close it after so long.

...And I'm stoked on the DK stage.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ah Dyce we go back long ways..I see we both have grown from n00b to pwn! Course...I pwn more.;)

Anyways, I am stoked for one of the stages that seem Tournament playable, Yoshi's Island. The scenery is great, the main platforms are great, and the Ghost Platform is great. It is just a great stage.
Of course, I am intrigued by other stages[not Castle Siege]like Rumble Falls, Battlefield(day to night, etc.)
and of course the other Tournament stage as it seems, Animal Crossing! It's Final Destination with a platform. I predict a Zelda stage coming up next.;)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Please. I pwn more than a... than a... than a pwning machine!... Which I am!

... And yea, I forgot about Animal Crossing. That's probably going to be the #1 most played stage in Brawl. Once I start getting serious about Brawl (which will probably be once I've unlocked all the characters and have found my best/main) I'm probably going to be playing in Smashville religiously.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But i PWN more than both of you combined (So how many threads have you made that have over 20 thousand views?).

And yhea the AC stage looks interesting seeing how every time you go there it will be different... what will PT do in the BG there? have a coffee? and it would be cool if it actually interacted with your AC save file.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
hmm, i haven't really taken much look at the AC stage. it really looks pretty cool now that you mention it:) it's nice and big like FD but it also has a platform in the middle, i dont know why but that makes it seem alot more better. looks like it will be a popular tournament stage =D

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
And yhea the AC stage looks interesting seeing how every time you go there it will be different... what will PT do in the BG there? have a coffee? and it would be cool if it actually interacted with your AC save file.
He'll probably be running into and stumbling over the little animals and people and chairs and tables and whatnot. You're going to have a disadvantage playing there as PT because you're trainer won't be able to yell commands in time because he scraped his knee running into the coffee bar or tripped over Tom Nook and sprained his wrist.

Also, if an AC character is playable, PT will be attacked in the background in matches versing him. Thusly totally leaving PT's pokemon commandless and confused. FREE SHOTS!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I always wanted a Dragon type stage XD you would be in a mountain and you can see loads of Dragon PKMN nesting and stuff there.

But o well... what do you think the BG PKMN will do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom