• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Über-pro Falcon guide by AngeloBangelo OMFG VERSION 2.00 IS OUT!!!1

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I've seen a video before, where someone playing Falcon was on a hanging from the ledge. Then they got up from the ledge into a knee.
How is this done?

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
Press down or back to fall off the ledge. Use down if you're going towards the stage, back if you're dropping off to hit someone that is out behind you. From here you can use your double jump and any aerial along with it. Also make sure that after you perform your move you hold towards the stage to land on it, otherwise get ready to do your up+b again. That's why the get-up knee is a favorite, because forward+a already gives you the momentum you need. And cmon, it's the knee.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
This is a great guide for me to look at. Captain Falcon is a pretty fun character, and I've learned combos that I should try on my friend-and he's a falcon userXD

I'm actually an aggro player, so I run my matches with mario or falcon. I'm strarting to get better with falcon though. I love doing bubble kills with falcon!

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
This guide is so dated >_>
Sorry. Bodybuilding calls!

Brawl is almost out anyway. Well, according to the release date which is pushed back every week.

I'll probably stick to Brawl for a while too and hopefully make another sweet guide.

Time will tell!

Panik

Smash Journeyman
Sorry. Bodybuilding calls!

Brawl is almost out anyway. Well, according to the release date which is pushed back every week.

I'll probably stick to Brawl for a while too and hopefully make another sweet guide.

Time will tell!
So your avatar is not photshooped?

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
So your avatar is not photshooped?
Heh, no.

Ask cherokeewarrior and he'll tell you... ANGELO IS ON TEH STEROIDZ PLZ RUN OR DIE THX.

But umm... Na. Not photoshopping involved. That'd be a pretty lame thing to do. :'(

Panik

Smash Journeyman
Heh, no.

Ask cherokeewarrior and he'll tell you... ANGELO IS ON TEH STEROIDZ PLZ RUN OR DIE THX.

But umm... Na. Not photoshopping involved. That'd be a pretty lame thing to do. :'(

Yeah, I didn't mean any offense anyway, but I didn't know if it might have been shopped to make the joke about have bigger muscles than the Cap'n. You know. Yeah.

Naeris

Smash Rookie
I hope this isn't a duplicate question. I've looked across the boards and tried using the search function, but to no avail.

Anyhow, when I watch some of the good player videos, their up-b seems to go way further than I can get it to go. It increases their recovery length fairly significantly. Is it just a timing issue after a jump? Falcon seems to be moving faster and further. I'm not sure how it's accomplished. Any help would be nice.

DYC

Smash Champion
I hope this isn't a duplicate question. I've looked across the boards and tried using the search function, but to no avail.

Anyhow, when I watch some of the good player videos, their up-b seems to go way further than I can get it to go. It increases their recovery length fairly significantly. Is it just a timing issue after a jump? Falcon seems to be moving faster and further. I'm not sure how it's accomplished. Any help would be nice.
They reprogrammed the game to let their Up-B go farther.

Dn2

Smash Rookie
does anyone know the names of the songs in AngeloBangelo's falcon pwnage video.
thanks.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
First song was Subject to Status by Pitch Shifter
Second song was Needled 24/7 by Children of Bodom

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Yeah, I didn't mean any offense anyway, but I didn't know if it might have been shopped to make the joke about have bigger muscles than the Cap'n. You know. Yeah.
None taken, man. Understandable because at this point, even in real life, I look photoshopped. It's great! :D

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Let's say you're in training mode. You're Falcon vs a Fox computer. You set his damage to 50%. Use a Dair, and try to knee him out of it. It's not possible without SHFFLing.
It's actually really easy to pull off, without SHFFLing the dair, so I guess it's would be better to get a another example for people to realize the difference.
Personally I'd look for some combo that absolutely requires SHFFLing to be pulled off.

Also does anyone know a way to internalize l-canceling?
I can do it perfectly when training but I just forget to do it during matches, and it's not a timing thing( I can use most ATs except for the superwavedash with Samus and some other stuff I can't remember, I can even multishine), it's just I always remember after I've already landed.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Play people who'll **** you for not l-canceling. That way, you either l-cancel or die.

But, yeah, I don't know. I guess this is one of those times where's it's the ambiguous and not so helpful advice of "just keep playing people until you do" sort of thing.

I just need to be faster in coming out of l-cancels. Too often I stand there for a bit being like "cool, I hit them...wait, I could've followed up on it...poop". Need to be more aggressive and manlike in seeking out combos.

Ja

Smash Journeyman
You should add the character specific percentages at which uthrow/dthrow is a guraunteed knee, regardless of DI. From g-reg's thread:

marth - 68% - uthrow to knee.
85% - dthrow to knee (g-reg **** nastiness)
shiek - 65-70% somewhere in there - uthrow to knee
fox/falco - 90%+ (? must check i cant remember) (any DI but away) uthrow to knee
peach - around 80% (?) - dthrow to knee.

Would be good to get exact percantages and clarify the ambiguious ones.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
angelo bangelo,
i just ran your sig through one of programs,
and the layer output of some of the picture is different to others...
so i therefore say (and with some confidence) that your sig is photoshopped at least in part...
im sorry but why would you lie about such a thing?

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
You should add the character specific percentages at which uthrow/dthrow is a guraunteed knee, regardless of DI. From g-reg's thread:

marth - 68% - uthrow to knee.
85% - dthrow to knee (g-reg **** nastiness)
shiek - 65-70% somewhere in there - uthrow to knee
fox/falco - 90%+ (? must check i cant remember) (any DI but away) uthrow to knee
peach - around 80% (?) - dthrow to knee.

Would be good to get exact percantages and clarify the ambiguious ones.
d-throw to knee on Marth is not guaranteed until much higher than 85%. He'll be safe if he DIs away. You can try to throw him as quickly as possible and hope he doesn't DI, but if the player is any good it probably won't work too often. Try to stick with the u-throw at mid-high %.

u-throw to knee on Fox/Falco is not guaranteed until somewhere over 100-110%. Once again, they can get out of it by DIing away.

u-throw to knee on Peach is guaranteed at mid percents.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
d-throw to knee on Marth is not guaranteed until much higher than 85%. He'll be safe if he DIs away.
Youre a fool if you D.I. AWAY from falcon. Thats going to lead to U-AIR or N-AIR to knee.

Marth May be able to F-AIR spam or Sword dance, but only at a percent high enough where throw to knee shouldn't work.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
If Falcon d-throws Marth around 85% and Marth DIs away, I'm pretty sure Falcon cannot follow up with any aerials in time. Want me to check in frame-by-frame?

GodheadsLamentX

Smash Apprentice
If Falcon d-throws Marth around 85% and Marth DIs away, I'm pretty sure Falcon cannot follow up with any aerials in time. Want me to check in frame-by-frame?
Are you kidding?.. Even at that percentage, Dthrow>Uair>knee seems to work fine for me (even when ASDI away). If not just running a little further and double jumping as they use their 2nd jump into the knee unexpectantly.

Whatever though, thats my experience with that.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
D-throw combos on Marth at 85% are really delicate when he DIs away. He hits the ground quite soon, and can f-air right before that (although pulling out the f-air can be a bit delicate on his side as well). The n-air is easier to connect, but that won't kill him, and if he continues to DI away, I think he'll go too far for you to keep comboing him.

Also, double jump to knee isn't very practical against Marth since he can just f-air you. Also he doesn't want you to stay under him.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I think you should mention the evading factor of the raptor boost, this is imo what makes it such a great attack. When he falcon does the raptor boost he leans back quite a bit before he launches forward. So much that it can actually be used to avoid shieldgrabs. like if you spaced a shffl poorly, landed just in front of your opponent and now you know that youre going to get grabbed, you can do a forward b, they will miss it because falcon leaned back, and as they are lagging from the grab they get hit. Off course this is extremly situational and unspammable but still useful, so I thought I'd add. :)
Other than that fantastic guide! This has really improved my falcon play.

Dn2

Smash Rookie
Yeah...great guide. i improved a lot because of it. thx angelobange...

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
d-throw to knee on Marth is not guaranteed until much higher than 85%. He'll be safe if he DIs away. You can try to throw him as quickly as possible and hope he doesn't DI, but if the player is any good it probably won't work too often. Try to stick with the u-throw at mid-high %.

u-throw to knee on Fox/Falco is not guaranteed until somewhere over 100-110%. Once again, they can get out of it by DIing away.

u-throw to knee on Peach is guaranteed at mid percents.
Why Uthrow -> knee when u can Uthrow -> Fsmash? lol Uthrow into Knee isn't actually even guarenteed until around 120-125 I believe.

Top Bottom