• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
Just saw the video and I agree about you playing with 9lv. CPU. still it was kinda fun to watch....I had nothing else to do. Wolf is that your main character?

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
I triedputting a photo but it doesnt work an X appears but no picture can somebody tell me how to put a picture in my signature

Aeon 2.6

Smash Journeyman
there's crappy, megauploads.com, youtube.com.. and there was another one, but I forgot it. I would suggest youtube.. its easier for everyone to view it, without having to download it to its computer.. but thats just me.

GS McCloud

Smash Rookie
there's crappy, megauploads.com, youtube.com.. and there was another one, but I forgot it. I would suggest youtube.. its easier for everyone to view it, without having to download it to its computer.. but thats just me.
****agree****

DarkSoma

Smash Cadet
I agree whit Aeon 2.6 youtube would be great(and u would really do me a favor since i dont have anything more to wahtch on youtube)but thats yust me.

And remenber smashfest this saturday be there everyone is invited yust call me if u need help getting there.

ds out-

Rasalas

Smash Journeyman
lol. ok, ok, im uploading them to youtube now, and you just dont have to dl to you computer, you can just set it to open with windows media player or some other video player you got. and btw, DSL, that falco looks gay (as always). but that one is the most, lol, although it looks kinda cool. i hope that falco doesnt appear in SSBB because i will be laffing to everyone who has falco as main.

im leaving tomorrow, i probly wont be on, if we are smashing this weekend (west) call me or PM me anyone's number so we can plan where can we go smashing, also i want to play with vain because he is leaving soon and i have never played with him.

Vain

Smash Journeyman
Well...My House wouldn't work.

My house is all the way in Moca and we're talking about a parador in Quebradillas, so someone going to get Rasalas, then driving all the way back to Moca doesn't seem do-able.
I just hope someone comes up with this last minute awesome plan or else I won't be able to Smash with you Rasalas, hit me up with your number as well as anyone else who is going to this, pm me your number. Thanks!

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Just saw the video and I agree about you playing with 9lv. CPU. still it was kinda fun to watch....I had nothing else to do. Wolf is that your main character?
Yeah, I was told I was the only Pikachu main in PR...

maximuspita said:
Wolf I would suggest you search around for pikachu vids such as Vidjo on the hub and try to learn what he does right but most important to learn is to find out what he DOESN'T do. Im not going to sugar coat it... you arent any good. However, once you start developing smash knowledge you'll start playing smarter. Also, get your techinical skills down. SH, FF and L'Cancels are a necesity.

Later.
...T.T

I thought I was good. I mean I knew I sucked but I didn't expect such... Heat. See why I want to play experts so bad? And how am I expected to practice with words? >o

I need someone to teach me.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
I smashed with random people who are terrible at smash today. Xhythyx was there and he said he'd be back pero me dejo plantao. Maybe he doesn't like me? That was at Cora by the way.

I hope all of you east people come to R&S3, especially those who never post. I also want everyone to ask me for friendlies at least once. I had a strange day.

Rasalas

Smash Journeyman
so far ive uploaded 4 videos of karla, im in process on recording some more videos, expect the links, ill post them and since its a lot of videos, i will make another thread, or if you can tell me a thread thats already been made for that.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Rasalas, you can also make a thread with the videos in sacaelpollo, I say this, not as shameless advertising but you can embedd flash files onto the threads on the forums, so you don't have to leave the page to see the videos, also all the videos will be in the same page, so after you see one you can just scroll down to the next one.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
Oye Doji yo me trate de registrar a sacaelpollo y no recibi el e-mail de confirmacion T.T Voy a tratar de nuevo horita.

DSL - coji tu phone number just in case. El problem es q no tengo pon mano. Si acaso te doy un call pa ver.

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
:yoshi: :yoshi: Yeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh volvi!!! XDD!!! :004: :004:

No tenia nah que decir desde hace mucho asi que no habia posteado xD

Pero ahora si tengo que aportar X) Buahahahaha!!

Anyway, ya Rasalas subio 4 videos de los que jugamos en el smashfest-friendly fest o lo que haya sido de mi casa. El va a grabar despues los que le faltan por grabar a la compu y subir y blablabla.

Necesito que, aparte de que me vean jugando con Sheik y me digan las madres(que tal lo hice, que me falta) y eso, me digan que tal lo hice con Marth, si tengo o no futuro con el o si primero necesito mas experiencia. Quizas vengan unos cuantos videos por ahi de yo usando a Roy(es para escojer mi secondary).

Estos son de Rasalas VS Yo por ahora.

Su Fox VS mi Sheik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrvST5RKEdM

Su Marth VS mi Sheik (ese Marth siempre me ha dado problemas..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Qe-siZ24Q

Su Roy VS mi Marth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yis-vNl_pME

Su Young Link VS mi Marth (har har har, me encantaron los 1meros 9 segs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFcMQ6fe_Qk

BTW me gustaria jugar con B4K4, Blazing, Vain,, Doji, Bubbleman, Aeon, HDL(sii, contra ti denuevo y las que vengan) y otros mas por ahi. Con Doji he querido jugar desde hace tiempo y tb me gustaria tener con el un Zelda VS Sheik para ver que tal usa a Zelda.

PD: Delen Rate a los videos y dejen comentarios en el Youtube eseeeeee!!>__>!!

PD EDIT 2: Otra cosa, Rasalas se equivoco y no va a estar en Quebradillas hasta el lunes, va a estar hasta el domingo, para ver si pueden jugar el sabado. Cualquier cosa que lo llamen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vain

Smash Journeyman
Impressive videos!!

You guys are 10 times better than in the All Star Tournament, I'm very impressed, specially with you Rasalas. What you're lacking is battle expirience now, with time you'll know when and where to do punishment and the ways of edgeguard and entry.
Those videos are definitely worth the watch =).
Lets see if we can get something going, Rasalas I got your number on my phone, I'll probably call you during the afternoon to see if we can do anything :)
Happy Smashing!

Dojima

Smash Ace
Saw the videos, lot of improvement. The only thing I can say right now is that Karura somehow seems to fear the returning player, everytime Rasalas was knocked outside the stage she just ran away and let him enter without a fight, edgeguarding is more important than wavedash and other techniques, practice them and you will sure be a tougher player.

Edit= @ H@wk
Dime bajo que nombre te registrste y te activo la cuenta, si te registraste bajo H@wk no terminaste la registracion pq no esta en la lista de los miembros, si usaste H@wk tienes que hacerlo denuevo.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
the pit and the video worlds

Oye Doji yo me trate de registrar a sacaelpollo y no recibi el e-mail de confirmacion T.T Voy a tratar de nuevo horita.
Maybe it fell somewhere on junk mail, BE SURE to check it out, I think mine fell there too, but I did manage to find it.

@Rasalas
Nice, Nice, Nice improvements, your Fox looks a lot different to the one on All-Star, I'd like to battle him sometime.

@Karura
I really don't know much about Sheiks(except the fact of the godly F-air), but maybe, just maybe, using Zelda to recover could help, maybe, other than that, your Sheik looks good. Of course, a match or two wouldn't hurt against ya'.

@Others
Ok, I'm still thinking about the idea of a tournament in Arecibo or Utuado, yet I need to know things that are necessary besides a place, setups and dates, like stuff about seeding and almost everything else based on organization.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Karura

- Space your aerials better, so that you don't get shield grabbed as often.
- Don't blindly rush in with dash attacks, what you should try to learn is ways to bait your opponent into Sheik's crazy tilts and grabs. One way you can do this is learning how to needle cancel, which you can learn how to do in the character specific forums, or just ask here if you don't feel like it. I'm trying to keep this concise.
- Don't let the opponent get back on unimpeded! Most of the time Rasalas' Fox didn't sweetspot his recovery, and you could have easily dsmashed but you were nowhere near the edge. Another thing I didn't see you do was edgehog, and ledgehop bairs to edgeguard. Edgehogging isn't just to keep your opponent from grabbing the ledge, it is a mindgame which limits recovery options for your opponent and Sheik has a lot of nasty things she can do from it, mostly bairs.
- I didn't see enough dtilts and jabs, especially after l-cancelling an aerial. Jabs have a one fram startup, and can be used to disrupt and stuff like that. You can even cg some fast fallers by dthrowing and jabbing to reset their position and grabbing again. I'm not sure what % this works on though. And dtilts are just sexy.
- Be smarter when recovering. In the Pokemon Stadium match, that shinespike kill was embarrassing, you shouldn't have even been up that high. Most of the times it will be more beneficial to drop below the level and sweetspot, then play some ledge games, etc.
- Also, I saw some pretty random move choices, like uair when fair would have killed.

Rasalas

- You have good tech skill, but that doesn't mean you have to continuously waveshine Sheik all the time. Try grabbing out of a waveshine, uthrow to uair. Racks up damage quicker, etc. Of course there are many other options, that was just one example.
- Sweetspot your recovery.
- Learn to be patient and bait with SHL, instead of rushing in with nairs and the like.
- Overall just improve on not being as predictable, try to explore with dash dancing and see what "mindgames" work for you.

If any of you is going to R&S3, I'd like to ditto you both (as Sheik and Fox), for money, or as a friendly if you prefer. Either way I just want to see how you used the advice I gave you.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
**** it's been a month since I come here and now it's at 239 pages. Well I just want to say something : Doji you got pwnt , East doesn't stand a chance in RUM&Smash3 ( hope this will start some controversy), I will beat everybody who stands in my way to victory... except for Lord HDL...

Hows that for my first post in 4 weeks? Arrogant? Stupid? Scrubish? I'll let YOU decide that.

EDIT: Actually I take that back I'll beat Lord HDL in finals.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Sheik’s jab is two frames. The only one frame move in the game is the shine, although the jab is still 2 frames so it almost doesn’t matter (what matters more is actually the lag after it hits, which isn’t much).

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I can say right now is that Karura somehow seems to fear the returning player, everytime Rasalas was knocked outside the stage she just ran away and let him enter without a fight, edgeguarding is more important than wavedash and other techniques, practice them and you will sure be a tougher player.
Si por que todavia no se tirarme pa darles el puño y mandarlos al demonio xD Lo que hago es esperar a que lleguen y se levanten pa darles pero el brillito ese dura como 3 segundos y no me sale.__.!! So voy a tener que empezar a practicar otra cosa

@Karura
I really don't know much about Sheiks(except the fact of the godly F-air), but maybe, just maybe, using Zelda to recover could help, maybe, other than that, your Sheik looks good. Of course, a match or two wouldn't hurt against ya'.
Eso es una de las cosas que hacia antes. Usaba a Zelda cuando estaba lejos de la esquina para llegar. Ahora no la uso por que en lo que me transformo, el oponente se agarrara de la esquina y no me dejara llegar. Cuando llegue con la nube, en lo que vuelvo a transformarme me tomara mucho tiempo y el oponente me masacrara.

Si llego a usar a Zelda para recover y me sale todo bien, me voy a chavar ya que, yo no se usar bien a Zelda, el oponente puede aprovechar esto o mi transformacion a Sheik y darme una paliza. Es por eso que quiero aprender a usar a Zelda para cuando me pase eso ellos esperen a que no sepa manejarla y sea todo lo contrario. Un Sheik-Zelda user.

Y me ha salido, solo que no puedo usar ese recover con todo el mundo ya que, yo no se de que manera juegan ustedes(o que cochinada vengan y me saquen >_> entonces me pude haber salvado una vida.. pero el me pudo haber quitado dos o subirme mas el % por hacer esa transformacion).

Karura

- Space your aerials better, so that you don't get shield grabbed as often.
- Don't blindly rush in with dash attacks, what you should try to learn is ways to bait your opponent into Sheik's crazy tilts and grabs. One way you can do this is learning how to needle cancel, which you can learn how to do in the character specific forums, or just ask here if you don't feel like it. I'm trying to keep this concise.
- Don't let the opponent get back on unimpeded! Most of the time Rasalas' Fox didn't sweetspot his recovery, and you could have easily dsmashed but you were nowhere near the edge. Another thing I didn't see you do was edgehog, and ledgehop bairs to edgeguard. Edgehogging isn't just to keep your opponent from grabbing the ledge, it is a mindgame which limits recovery options for your opponent and Sheik has a lot of nasty things she can do from it, mostly bairs.
- I didn't see enough dtilts and jabs, especially after l-cancelling an aerial. Jabs have a one fram startup, and can be used to disrupt and stuff like that. You can even cg some fast fallers by dthrowing and jabbing to reset their position and grabbing again. I'm not sure what % this works on though. And dtilts are just sexy.
- Be smarter when recovering. In the Pokemon Stadium match, that shinespike kill was embarrassing, you shouldn't have even been up that high. Most of the times it will be more beneficial to drop below the level and sweetspot, then play some ledge games, etc.
- Also, I saw some pretty random move choices, like uair when fair would have killed.
Ajaja...ja...jaa....@__@ que mucha cosa hay que aprender/mejorar... jajajajajaja!! Estoy sonriendo y riendome levemente de la .. hmmm.. como decirlo.. emocion!!!!!!!! (lo digo en serio por si acaso xD)

"Me falta todo eso por aprender.... entonces lo ire practicando desde ahora"

Para la prox.vez que juegue con Rasalas, voy a ver si le doy la cara a las esquinas, trato de mejorar eso de que me agarren mas de 1 vez, le doy un ojo cuando me hagan shine(me hicieron como 2 o 3 veces shine corridos >__>), y no irme por encima de los Foxs!! XDDD

PopeOfChiliTown gracias por las observaciones!! *-* a ver si me las aplico >__<!!!

Fue que me puse a comparar en como jugaba antes y en como estoy jugando ahora y me dio con sonreir y reirme asi xD por eso fue o_o!!!

Sheik’s jab is two frames. The only one frame move in the game is the shine, although the jab is still 2 frames so it almost doesn’t matter (what matters more is actually the lag after it hits, which isn’t much).
:yoshi:

Habian veces donde iba a golpear a Rasalas con el tornillo ese para arriba pero el brincaba mas alto y yo habia gastado el segundo brinco so, no podia darle. Y voy a ver que hago con ese Marth... No puede ser que mi novio este un tier mas arriba que yo y yo por alla bota todavia wtf!!! :rocket: Se supone que las tipas le partan la cara BUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH :rocket: (estoy joking por si acaso, no soy feminista).

East doesn't stand a chance in RUM&Smash3 ( hope this will start some controversy), I will beat everybody who stands in my way to victory... except for Lord HDL...
Usted se calla Mr.Anakin a.k.a. Darth Vader xD (no, mucho pa ti..). Aunque te hayas ido con la fuerza del lado oscuro quiero decirte como Padawan que soy que... nosotros los del East aunque seamos la minoria...(wow... *mira la pag.1* que minoria..) queremos decirte que... ATACAMOS COMO VELOCIRRAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...seremos chiquitos pero unidos JAMAS SEREMOS VENCIDOS!!!!! >[!!!!

Avalanch - Cien Veces

Cien veces caído
Cien veces me levante
No dudo en continuar
Sin mirar atrás.
Cien veces maldito
Cien veces por caminar
Siguiendo mi camino
Y el de nadie más.
^ >__>

Hows that for my first post in 4 weeks? Arrogant? Stupid? Scrubish? I'll let YOU decide that.
Una mezcla de esas 3 añadiendole idiotic, animal y un-cool jajajaja (vuelvo y repito, estoy bromeando >_>U)

EDIT: Actually I take that back I'll beat Lord HDL in finals.
4 Tokens a HDL!!!! No.. 8 Tokens a HDL!!! W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PD Edit: By the way se me olvido decirte xD welcome back

Aeon 2.6

Smash Journeyman
*looks at karura's post* O_o

um.. cool, VELOCIRRAPTORS.. heh :p

Anyways, um.. welcome back Uriel =)

About R&S3, im doomed, I'll do my best to go, but Bubbleman has some stupid college boards thingy and well, if I go, I'll have to go alone ;_;, and that wouldn't be any fun, would it? Pero yeah, voy a tratar de ir lo mas q pueda =)

Until then, I'll keep practicing, to show you all my beutiful sexy Roy..

H@wK

Smash Ace
w00t! What a post! Anyways, Doji, I think I registered as H@wK, so I do it again. I also check out the junk mail to see if it is in there.

Welcome back Uriel.

Hey guys, yesterday I played against Wandering Angel (ANGL) and Cirius j0Qr (<RJ☺), and they are doing pretty well. Hector's Sheik have improved and j0Qr's Yoshi, Fox and Marth are back in the game!

Angel and I recorded a video cassette of matches, now that makes two! But I don't have the materials, *cough nor the money cough estoy pelao cough*, to upload those vids, so I don't know what to do. Perhaps I hand them to Rasalas, to see if he can upload them. That way you guys can tell me some of the techniques I have to work on *points at Pope* or if I'm doing a decent/scrubish/good work.

Congratz to Rasalas and Karura, have improved a lot!

That's all I have to say, for now...

Bendicion.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
About R&S3, im doomed, I'll do my best to go, but Bubbleman has some stupid college boards thingy and well, if I go, I'll have to go alone ;_;, and that wouldn't be any fun, would it? Pero yeah, voy a tratar de ir lo mas q pueda =)
Hell yes it is going to be fun. Did you plan on going with Bubbleman and not talking to anyone there? Meeting new people ftw.

And duh, I don't know why I forgot that the shine was the only 1 frame start up move in melee. But my point is the same regardless, that Sheik's jab is a **** blur and Karura should put it to use.

Who from the east/anywhere but the west is going to R&S3?

Rasalas

Smash Journeyman
YAY!!! llegue!

as the title says, i just got back home. I wanted to thank you who commented for the vids, now i will put those tips to use next time i play, and ill be sure to be prepared for RS3, i wont lose on the first round like always, you'll see. ill upload some more vids, just wait some time until i have recorded them to my computer, they're a lot.

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
Hey for those who went to the smashfest in yuca's house great fight everybody. I still need to practice and Ill like to win a match with ath wich i doubt i will but still it was fun a a good expirience.

Aeon 2.6

Smash Journeyman
I'll be recording some matches soon.. so you guys can tell me how I can improve, that way, if I go to R&S3, I'll be more prepared and I well, give you guys a better match or w/e..

I'll post the videos later this week.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Uriel=Welcome back, DSL te comera el q-lito XD

The smashfest at Yucas kicked as$

Gamemaniac=Yeah le ganaste a mi DK, pero the 4'stockie con Fox. Siempre diste una buena pelea y le estas metiendo super bien con Peach!

ATH=Tu estas broken, todavia no te he podido ganar T.T pero por fin estoy techeando el edge ESO ES PUÑETA!!!!!!

Kama=Lol at our sets, I loved our matches and I finally saw you using another character other than very gay Marth lol.

Blazing=Tu Link esta brutal y no puedo creer q. te pude ganar con Falky y no con Fox lol. Update the tier list y baja a Joe% y a EOTG pa´ que vuelvan a jugar y dejen de estar pitchandonos.

DSL=Tu falco esta k'bron pero tienes que tener cuidado con mis shine spikes lol.
w00t! you 3'stocked ATH too broken!

Newb=Le pitchaste al Fox ditto y me ganaste con Doc T.T

Yuca=Si no hubieras estado bebiendo a lo mejor me ganabas....

Mizu! el cashbattle the Doc vs. Falco no va. Pero me gustaria un Fox ditto y otra pelea de nuestros mains (Fox vs. Ganon).

HawK, Mawp, Hecty.... No se tiraron pa´l smashfest de Yuca, homosexuales.....

Bendicion

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Rasalas me va a tocar contra ti la primera pelea de RUM&Smash3. ^_^

ATH sucks te voy a 4 stockiar con Pikachu
DSL sucks te voy a 4 stock con Marth

YUCA ya no me quiere :( No me llama y me esta pegando cuernos con el pelo de BLazing

EDIT: Lord HDL doesn't love me either :(

EDIT2: WOW KRAZYZYKO HAS LIKE 1,000 posts already holy f***

EDIT3: Karura, join the darkside and you will have powers beyond your imagination

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
I still love you uriel but you were the one who left me :( but you will pay by me beating you whit my marth and mario at R&S3 and after i beat you i will then again beat you in the tournament buhahahahahaha (that's if i dont get eliminated before facing you lol)

P.S. uriel's SHL camping FTW

WanderingAngel

Smash Journeyman
a diablo si llego a haber sabido iba seguro hawk me habia dicho ke habia uno en toa alta (no se si es el mismo) y mi mai nos iba a llevar pero hawk llamo y le dijeron ke no lo iban a hacer:( me tuve ke conformar con cojer pelas de hawk na mas lol

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
darkness, monsters, wonders and "jump"

Join the darkside and you will have powers beyond your imagination
This is so tempting... power...

Ya que alguien menciono Pikachu, el raton amarillo ese es una jodienda si sabes cancelar, me puse a usarlo y me quede un poco sorprendido, en que "tier" esta?

Por otro lado, a los que van para RS3, lleven VHS o algo para grabar videos, quiero verlo todo! Yo no se, pero si Aeon va, lo cual no se, pues, retenlo o algo... ya dije que no hiba a poder ir(yo), talves un milagro me ayudaria, pero pues... no puedo hacer nada para ir, a menos que ese dia el pueblo explote o algo(haha!)

Y por ultimo, es sobre los DJC(DoubleJumpCancelling), lo cual estoy practicando ahora con mi Ness, pero no me esta siendo muy util, excepto con el F-air, alguna recomendacion?

H@wK

Smash Ace
I still love you uriel
I love all of you guys *sends hugs and kisses* lol

A mi Zyko me dijo q llamara a Yuca, pero no creia q era en serio, si no me montaba con Hecty al tren y nos tirabamos pa' lla, se me hace facil llegar.

Asi q Uriel esta annoying con Falky... Pal carajo mi Falky, me voy con Link/Fox and edge tech skills! Nah, Falky incluido.
Bubbleman knows his ****! Ahora se tiro con Pika! Middle Tiers = Ownage!

Doji ya me meti a los foros de Sacaelpollo. lol @ Avatar de Mizu, known as Maxiputista! Ese nick esta broken!

Que mierda! Tratando de convencer a mi mai pero no quiere ceder! Por lo menos tengo un mes todavia. Vamo' a ver si logro convencerla. I'm such a scrub -_- >_> <_< -_-

Bendicion. *exepto a Zyko* jk

Top Bottom