• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Dojima

Smash Ace
Rum & Smash 3, Tentative date September 30

Crono thanks for the support, lol.

Ok lets talk about the tournament. The pending date is September 30, 2006. The fact that most of you are already university students make this the best date available. Most courses have 4 or 2 exams, this date is halfway to the midterm, and just after the first exam in 4 exam courses. If you have any problems with this please say so before the date becomes final. The place would be the RUM sudent center annex, we have it reserved but is not 100% confirmed, the posibility of problems with the locale is minimal but there is still one, but we can say that the place is tentative, if not we always have Rum & Smash 2 locale.

On the other Topic, Rum & Smash 3 T-shirts, do you people think is a good idea or not? We had it pretty good on the first one, the desing for this one is not made, so before I get to work in it since it takes quite a bit of time I want to know how many people are interested in it?

Yeah I got kinda pissed when I head Carlos had not gone to OC2, but what happend happened, at least this assures me that he will play his best at Rum & smash 3. Release the anger Carlos!!!!!

Please leave some feedback about this tournament.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
The list has been updated with two new members, thanks to Vain for notifying me.

Anyways, just heard about Rum&Smash 3, looking forward to going... unless my communications professors get all punk-*** on me and bombard me with terrorist homework, LOL. *I'm in Bachillerato en Comunicacion Teleradial now, so... XD*

Vain

Smash Journeyman
Rum and Smash 3.

As many of you know I'm leaving in October for my lovely Army Mission to Egypt, Rum and Smash 3 will probably will be my last tournament showing till 2008 so I hope it is a memorable expirience for me. The date is September 30 so far, when confirmed we shall be making a thread in the tournament discussion section of SWF.
We hope for your utmost cooperation and your pressence!! Hope to see you all there~!
About Shirts, I'm all for it.
Remember only you can make it happen!

Rum and Smash 1

Rum and Smash 2

Rum and Smash 3?
Remember only you can make it happen!
Happy Smashing!

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
The second image is kind of misleading because a bunch of people didn’t get in the shot. But then, there were people missing from the first one too.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Bueno, como ya falta un poco mas de un mes para RUM & Smash 3 ya es hora de pedir por equipos. Para un torneo de como 20-32 personas el minimo de estaciones serian 8 (o sea 8 TV's y 7 GC's). Estaria usandolos todos hasta q empiezen las finales y eso quiere decir bien pocos friendlies durante el torneo como tal. Asi q si quieren jugar muchos friendlies con todos los participantes sugiero q traigan sus propios TV's y GC's.

En mi situacion actual yo puedo proveer 2 TV's y 2 GC's (Los de mi casa y los de Freddie). Tambien podre contar con el TV y GC de Vain.

Esto hacen 3 estaciones, nos hacen falta por lo menos 5 estaciones para hacer un full tournament de 32 personas correr comodamente (si aparecen mas de 32 personas tendriamos q hacer un arreglo de bracket) . Espero la ayuda de todos para hacer posible el mejor torneo de Smash en Puerto Rico. Mas detalles adelante. Los esperamos en Mayaguez.

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
well i already got a ok from my parents and i got a ride so i am 99.9% asurre to go i am not a 100% because you never know if a car malfunction should happen but anyways i can bring my tv but it would need a vcr, but i will ask ATH and Dark Soma if they can bring there tv's and i bring my cube and one of them brings there cube i will leave feed back as soon as posible on this matter i will try to help

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Yo puedo llevar un TV y un cube, y si por alguna razón no puedo llevarlos se los notifico aquí con por lo menos dos semanas de anticipación. No pienso llevar mi memory card por miedo a perderlo, pero si en verdad lo necesitan me dejan saber.

Vain

Smash Journeyman
Army deals me a low blow.

The unexpected happened, I was chosen for the advanced party leaving Puerto Rico September 12,2006 meaning I won't be able to participate in Rum and Smash 3. This upsets me beyond belief, but I signed to the military and I must deal with it.
Sorry all that I won't be able to attend, I really wanted to go too.
You'll have to count out my Gamecube and T.V. I'm verry sorry.:( :(
I may be out but I hope you all have a great time at R&S III.
Happy Smashing~!

Crono the Great

Smash Cadet
A cry for help

Yo quisiera saber mas o menos a que hora empieza RUM & Smash 3 y a que hora termina, ya que es un viaje de 2-3 horas para mi. Es casi seguro q vaya y tbn pienso llevar un amigo mio. Somos los unicos de aca que podemos ir asi que esperamos ser buena representacion de Gurabo.

Otra cosa q esta un poco fuera de tema pero se los agradeceria mucho si me pudiesen ayudar. Tengo que hacer un informe oral acerca de Mayaguez. Si alguno de ustedes me puede decir alguna de estas cosas se los agradeceria mucho.

1-EL apodo de su pueblo (ej. gurabo=pueblo de las escaleras)
2-comida tipica (si hay alguna)
3-festivales celebrados
4-legendas (si hay alguna)
5-tradiciones o creencias (si hay alguna)
6-patron o santo de mayaguez
7-actividades especiales o celebraciones
8-restaurantes (no se por que la maestra pidio esto)

P.S. No se pongan a buscar la informacion, eso me toca a mi, pero si de mente saben alguna pues por favor diganmela. Gracias mil.:)

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
Que hay?

Esta tarde jugamos smash un rato en la INTER.

So Yuca y Joe% si ven este mensaje esten pendientes, vamos a jugar de vez en cuando en en el centro estudiantil

Rasalas, DSL y yo estuvimos jugando un rato, tienen q jugar con DSL le mete con falky
estuvo en su casa todo el verano sin mucho que hacer, cuando jugamos con el hace poco nos sorprendio asi q miren a ver si sacan un rato pa' meterle, no queremos que se corroan y se queden atras. Chekiamos

Kama out-

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
well i already got a ok from my parents and i got a ride so i am 99.9% asurre to go i am not a 100% because you never know if a car malfunction should happen but anyways i can bring my tv but it would need a vcr, but i will ask ATH and Dark Soma if they can bring there tv's and i bring my cube and one of them brings there cube i will leave feed back as soon as posible on this matter i will try to help
Si DJ Blaz va yo voy, q mal q no puedes ir Vain :(

"Is not about winning is about showing I can kick your arse"-Yo

Rasalas

Smash Journeyman
i got my ok from parent, i can go to the tourney but i need a ride if anyone goes and have room i would really appreciate if it wouldnt be a problem to take a ride with that person, if i go i will bring my tv and my gc.

and its true what kama says, DSL is a pretty good falco, one of the best from PR or so ive seen.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Hey guys, me estoy recuperando de la operacion ambulatoria que tuve ayer Lunes. (lump en el area inguinal.)

I´m much better now pero necesito mucho reposo.

Hawk, yako y yo estuvimos smasheando el viernes pasado, le esta metiendo bien duro, y ahora le ha dado con meterle con samus.
Ha mejorao´ bastante.

I hope to go to R and S 3 next month. Sigan entrenando...

Blazing no hemos jugado desde los tryouts. It´s been a while.

llamenme cualquier cosa pa´jugar smash.

HDL, I didn´t appeared in the pic of Rum and Smash 2 because I was the cat shaver (pela gato) who took the picture lol.

East avisenme pa´ jugar!!!!

.............later

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Muchas gracias a todos por su ayuda. Esto hara posible q RUM & Smash 3 salga en grande. Espero de la asistencia de todos, NO SE LO PUEDEN PERDER. Ya es confirmado, el torneo sera en el Anexo a la Cafeteria del Recinto Universitario de Mayaguez el 30 de septiembre de 2006 asi q separen la fecha. Cosas buenas van a ocurrir ese sabado. Que lastima q Vain no va a poder ir, pero me gustaria q en este se grabe con audio a ver como sale .

Y ahora para la tiraera =D

and its true what kama says, DSL is a pretty good falco, one of the best from PR or so ive seen.
Mira loco si eso es verdad entonces tu no has visto nada. Traete ese chamaco pa R&S3 q tengo 5 pesos q dicen q ese falco no puede con mi doctor mario.

Sigan con la tiraera mi gente xD.

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
Mira loco si eso es verdad entonces tu no has visto nada. Traete ese chamaco pa R&S3 q tengo 5 pesos q dicen q ese falco no puede con mi doctor mario.

Sigan con la tiraera mi gente xD.
AWWWWW escucha rasalas que tu perro no meaaaaaaaaa AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol

yo digo que si dsl es bueno pero no tiene experiencia so yo le voy a el doc de maximus pero blazing dice que mi marth le gana a el de EVIL AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Rasalas

Smash Journeyman
LOL!!!!!! nice guys...yo le voy al doc de maximus pero yo solamente decia que el era un buen falco, uno de los mejores de PR no el mejor of course, anyways, como dije arriba, le voy al doc de maximus.

lol at blazings post above.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
meh... crap...
For the first time ever, I think about finding someone or something to get to RS3, and now my mom tells me I have to take the practice for the College board exam every saturday on September, and now that I checked my celphone's calendar... Sept.30 is a saturday!!! Otherwise, maybe if it were a sunday or if I weren't going to take the test, I would have searched for someone to take me, it looks like RS3 will PWN as a tournament. Have fun!
Too bad, I wanted to show my Ness improvements... Maybe I'll do a video..

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
!? where did my post go?

Anyways, it looks like RS3 will PWN, but sadly, something's in the way...
It seems that today was the first time I thought about going to RS3, seeing that many easties are going, so someone has to represent the center(me?), of course, maybe some of you know it, I'm a senior now(last year), and I need to take the College board exam, so.. today mom tells me that I'm going to take the practice for the test EVERY SATURDAY on September, which does suck... then again... RS3 takes place on a saturday, oh well, I really wanted to show my Ness again, improved Ness I mean, but everyone that's going, have fun and represent your side!

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Sorry!!!

it's all the browser's fault!!

By the way, before I jump into conclusions like I just did minutes ago...
HOURS! for registration are?

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Much pa ti

LOL!!!!!! nice guys...yo le voy al doc de maximus pero yo solamente decia que el era un buen falco, uno de los mejores de PR no el mejor of course
Perdona la perse Rasalas pero quiero probar un punto. El q tu digas q el es unos de los mejores Falcos de Puerto Rico no tiene ningun valor pq en realidad si tu no puedes llegar al menos a las semifinales consistentemente entonces eres un ñemo. De q yo sepa solo HDL, Evil y yo tenemos Falcos q valen la pena pelear y los demas le falta bastante para llegar a nuestro nivel(en otras palabras son unas clecas). Asi q sigan con la tiraera a ver si ese chamaco pratica para ganarme =).

AWWWWWW Carlos, mira y q tu marth es un ñ-Emo =3. DALE BLAZING, q tu has mejorado muchisimo. Esto se tiene q grabar.

Bubbleman, I plan to start teams around 12-1pm so registration would begin around 10:30 or 11 am. Though I really want that teams occur as smoothly as possible so that we can have more than enough time for singles.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
No teams!!
Triple eliminitaion of singles would be.... Awesome =)

Maxi my Falky will **** your Doc anytime, anywhere!

Blazing=Ambos fuimos pa´l Biweekly pero no nos enfrentamos.

...........scrubs -_-

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
No teams!!

...........scrubs -_-
first of all triple elimination would not be AWESOME=]............

second no you would get **** badly

third yes we did we played like 4 friendlys carlos saw the last one so he can back me up

and carlos your marth is mine and it will be recorded lol buhahahahaha

AWESOME=].................... :laugh:

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Mucho pa ti, Zyko

No teams!!

...........scrubs -_-
Acho pai, trae tu billetera q ese fin de semana cobro contigo. Pon tu chavos en la linea a ver si el gas pela.

Mas updates del torneo. Bueno ya mismo estare cotizando el numero actual de equipo pero todavia no hemos tocado el tema de grabacion. Como siempre se nos hace dificil de conseguir VCR's y camcorders pero si alguien puede ayudarnos se les agradeceria grandemente. Asi q porfavor posteen si pueden ayudarnos con equipos de grabacion. Mas detalles pronto.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Eso es Max, habla mierda que asi es que me gusta. Pero no es tan divertido cuando el que habla mierda puede provar lo que habla.
En otro tema yo tengo 5 pesos que dicen que mi Mewtwo puede contra cualquier low tier tournament character de cualquiera (Max y HDL exentos). El que quiera esos 5 pesos traiga su billetera a R&S3.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
It’s true, none of you really have room to make a judgment on who’s good and who’s not.

Marth is coming out to play. I challenge all you mofos to consistently get me down to 1 stock or win during warm-ups. Any character against my Marth on any MLG-allowed stage. We’ll make it 2/3 sets and you guys can choose all the stages.

¿Ustedes se creen que dan y no cogen? Vamos a terminar esta pomposidad y si piensan que yo no hablo la verdad, pruebenlo. Si no pueden contra Uriel, Maximus, ni yo, no importa. Pero a Uriel se pone EMO a veces.

Please make sure you understand these rules! You have to register. There have been some issues with certain people in the past. You guys need to be fully acquainted with this so there are no hiccups in the tournament progress.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
Tiraera Activa!

De q yo sepa solo HDL, Evil y yo tenemos Falcos q valen la pena pelear y los demas le falta bastante para llegar a nuestro nivel(en otras palabras son unas clecas).
QUOTE]

Soy una cleca T.T

Rasalas tu sabes cuales son los Falcos q te han dado problema ultimamente: Zyko/H@wK & even Zero, pero no tanto. Y nisiquiera somos "unos de los mejores en P.R." Pero como quiera tu Fox esta fuerte y nos da liga, *Blazing's phrase: AWESOME!*

YA SABEN! Lleven todos sus billeteras! Esto va a ser the money match tourney!

Si convenso a mi mai:

Doji- Mewtwo vs. mi Zelda
Mizu- Doc vs. ???
Moca- Fox vs. Fox
HDL- Marth vs. Marth

But just for fun! Estoy pelao! La ultima vez no jugue con nadie del west T.T

Bubbleman, triple post?!?!?!?!?!

Sigan tirando! Awesome! scrubs -.-

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Mi gente, la razon pq les estamos tirando es pq nosotros sabemos q ustedes no pueden con nosotros. Estamos TAN confiados q llegamos al punto de q podemos apostar dinero sin temor a perderlos. Asi q esto es un reto pa ustedes. Vamos a ver cuantos de ustedes se ponen a practicar para montarmela en R&S3.

Acuerdensen si no me la montan entonces eres una cleca.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
It’s true, none of you really have room to make a judgment on who’s good and who’s not.

Marth is coming out to play. I challenge all you mofos to consistently get me down to 1 stock or win during warm-ups. Any character against my Marth on any MLG-allowed stage. We’ll make it 2/3 sets and you guys can choose all the stages.

¿Ustedes se creen que dan y no cogen? Vamos a terminar esta pomposidad y si piensan que yo no hablo la verdad, pruebenlo. Si no pueden contra Uriel, Maximus, ni yo, no importa. Pero a Uriel se pone EMO a veces.
Se jodio esto, HDL posteo en español:cry: Now I´m intimidated.

Mizu como yo se que tu eres de los top three, solamente apostare 1$ pero de que te la voy a montar, TE LA VOY A MONTAR.

Hawk, no se lo chupes tanto a los del west lol.

........later

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
Eso es Max, habla mierda que asi es que me gusta. Pero no es tan divertido cuando el que habla mierda puede provar lo que habla.
En otro tema yo tengo 5 pesos que dicen que mi Mewtwo puede contra cualquier low tier tournament character de cualquiera (Max y HDL exentos). El que quiera esos 5 pesos traiga su billetera a R&S3.
dale doji yo voy a mi ness contra tu mewtwo en el low tier challenge voy a traer mi wallet

Kama Out-

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
lolololololololo loL!!!!!

Hawk and others@ Ignore my triple posting, I had browser errors last night.

On other topics...
Kama's Ness, I know it has the power to beat my old one, but will it hold out against Doji's Mew2? I've never seen a competitive Mewtwo, unless those videos of Mewtwos glitching in some strange ways... But it's a battle of mind gaming, I think...

So someone's Falco comes from the east, is that person even here on SWF?
Or maybe, just maybe, Rasalas, Falcos are your new counters, maybe...

Los westies estan confiados con victorias, ahora... podra algun eastie derrocarlos? No se, y ya el post suena inutil.

Ya que mencionan top 3... ademas de HDL y Mizu, quien esta por ahi? Evil o ATH?

Por ultimo, los malditos repasos para el college board son de 8 a 4pm, todos los focking sabados de septiembre, asi que, pues.

y ya, ahi quedo mi post :p

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Esos repasos son ejemplares de lo que es una pérdida de tiempo. El college board es una mierda, no se por que hay tantos que le temen.

Also I'm going to MM someone. I'm not sure who yet, as most of my monies that day will go towards the sign up fee and gas and food, so I can't just go around blowing off $billz but me MMing (mamando?) a few is likely.

Top Bottom