• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Dojima

Smash Ace
Lord HDL said:
We you originally consulted with me on this it was back in late 2004 when we first spoke and I was the one who suggested a $10 entrance fee, but when I heard that there may not be too many participants I suggested a $15 fee to give players a better incentive of entering."
Lord HDL said:
Maximus knows full well why I say this, and he show know by meeting and speaking to me personally that I am a humble player and person in general. But the simple fact is this is competition and people play to WIN. I don’t play to win money, I plan to win skills and best other people’s skills. I have done this many times in the past against the people at RUM and other parts of PR, so any tournament held by RUM would not be able to have an emerging elite at the top, because that person would be me. No one I’ve played has even come close to touching my skills.
Ok.......... Which one is it?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
For the former quote, I would be wanting to go with $10, unless everyone agrees to have a higher pot with $15.

For the second quote, I’m not sure why you quoted it. From the way I understand it, you’re questioning why I would have an entrance fee even though I don’t play to win money, right? The answer to that is that having prize money for the top (usually three) winners is standard in tournaments and other competitive events. I myself don’t care about winning money, if I happen to do so then that’s a bonus. If I don’t, doesn’t matter to me, I’m looking for the fun and the competition. However, there are other people that DO play for money. Accomodating for those people helps to increase the number of participants and give people an incentive to enter. Once people understand they have a chance to win money by utilizing their skills, they will be enticed. If the people from the east were to be partaking in a tournament that offered no cash prize, I don’t think they’d be willing to make such a long trip which wastes their gas, time, and effort. Just like the NY Lottery. I don’t think people will waste their time playing a guessing game over and over if there wasn’t a prize offered to them for winning.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
About the Smashfest. I still have no word from Jandro so the date is still not set. But Jandro says they let him but he still has to set a date.

Edit: I would like to see the community united and represent Puerto Rican smashers as one. So that when we get better we can go to the states and kick *** as one big Community. :)

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
OK, enough is enough. As mod of Boricua Smashers and the member that made the contact between boricuas regarding tourneys I must stop this.

Therefore, I order Sylence (Gamer's Guild), Lord HDL and anyone else involved in the RUM tournament to shut up, sit down, and talk about how to make this tourney better. I've had it with you guys fighting over this senseless debate. So what if Lord HDL wanted to help somehow? Pues bienvenido sea! What if Maximuspita was too? Pues bienvenido sea tambien! Esto paso porque USTEDES no se sentaron a hablar de eso. Si no, todo iria mucho mejor. Prueben esa tecnica y entonces hablamos.

------

...There, I've said my piece. I have nothing against you guys but it's not fair for you to fight and madden the entire community. It's pointless. I'm not siding with anyone nor being against one, I'm just trying to bring peace. Now, why don't we treat ourselves as MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY, NOT ENEMIES, and talk about how to make this tourney better? These're ideas I have until now:

~Let's leave the entrance fee at $10. It's not fair to charge an additional 5 bucks for singles, at least in my opinion.

~Who's gonna bring the food? How'bout HONEYCOMB!!! LOL, J/K. We could order a catering and offer it to the attendees.

~I'm with UrielVenellius. We should do one big community and go attend some big tourney in USA!

~This might seem senseless, but how about charging 2 dollars in the entry fee and donate them to the Hurricane Katrina victims *American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund*? I think it's an excellent idea.

*PANT PANT PANT* OK, I'm done.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I am quite sorry, but your post attempting to order people around cannot stand as absolute. The things I stated in my posts are backed by law and I have every right to explain to the public why the GG is being unlawful and do not know the rights they have and don’t have. What you are doing is trying to settle a problem without knowing exactly how to settle it correctly. I actually know a good deal about business and law and the GG has made it painfully obvious to me that they do not know what they’re talking about. If you want an example, I’ll give you one. The GG tried to charge us a reservation fee. Did you know that unless they have a legal license or certification to run a business, they cannot charge us anything? Doing so will violate laws and can be held against them in the court of law. Even if they had some type of document proving this, they cannot charge us any fees without our consent. That means they will require the signature of every single participant, agreeing that we will all pay the reservation fee. If even one person chooses not to sign, the agreement is not valid and we wouldn’t have to pay them anything. This is just one example of the unlawful acts that the GG tried to engage in. Other examples are things such as attempting to discharge a manager, and claiming ownership over an event that the community, a separate group, started. If you do not believe that the things I’m saying are true, go speak with a lawyer. I actually knows these things as fact and I have confirmed with reputable sources that the GG is trying to engage in acts to which they have no right to engage in. Attempting to argue with me will also mean arguing with the law, and that’s not exactly something you can do.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
I am quite sorry, but your post attempting to order people around cannot stand as absolute. The things I stated in my posts are backed by law and I have every right to explain to the public why the GG is being unlawful and do not know the rights they have and don’t have. What you are doing is trying to settle a problem without knowing exactly how to settle it correctly. I actually know a good deal about business and law and the GG has made it painfully obvious to me that they do not know what they’re talking about. If you want an example, I’ll give you one. The GG tried to charge us a reservation fee. Did you know that unless they have a legal license or certification to run a business, they cannot charge us anything? Doing so will violate laws and can be held against them in the court of law. Even if they had some type of document proving this, they cannot charge us any fees without our consent. That means they will require the signature of every single participant, agreeing that we will all pay the reservation fee. If even one person chooses not to sign, the agreement is not valid and we wouldn’t have to pay them anything. This is just one example of the unlawful acts that the GG tried to engage in. Other examples are things such as attempting to discharge a manager, and claiming ownership over an event that the community, a separate group, started. If you do not believe that the things I’m saying are true, go speak with a lawyer. I actually knows these things as fact and I have confirmed with reputable sources that the GG is trying to engage in acts to which they have no right to engage in. Attempting to argue with me will also mean arguing with the law, and that’s not exactly something you can do.
Great, now you're arguing with me. Firstly I am not trying to resolve a problem; I am only encouraging one simple fact: That you don't solve a problem in public, but in PRIVATE. Second, I know not about your or the Gamer's Guild. I don't know why you guys are fighting. I don't care what you say, I don't care what the Guild thinks, nothing. I don't want any problems with anyone. I clearly said above I don't have anything against you, but this really offended me and I thought you were a much smarter person than that. Also, those stupid legal facts about this and that? That's your problem, not mine. You shouldn't tell that to me, tell that to the ones with whom you have the problem. Lastly, I am not trying to solve a problem without knowing how. This isn't my problem to start. Like I said before, I don't want this to be public, and it's shame it did. This problem must be resolved, at least from my point of view, between the parts and in private. In other words, meet with Maximus and the Gamer's Guild and solve the problem yourselves. I've had enough of this BS *You KNOW what I mean to say*. I'm not here to fight, I want to play Smash with others. And stop being so 'legal' about things, it's very annoying and has no basis whatsoever. And I highly doubt your 'credible sources'. Yeah right.

Therefore, stop it. All of you, especially yourself, LordHDL. Go solve this yourselves. I am here to talk about how to make things better in the Smash community, not fight over this crappy-@$$ of an issue. Your attitude has made many angry. Instead of leaving it at that you keep extending it. Therefore, your membership in Boricua Smashers has been banned until further notice. I'm sorry.

End of discussion.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Is no one reading my posts? What is it exactly that gives people the drive to read and respond to only part of my posts and disregard the other parts?

Firstly I am not trying to resolve a problem; I am only encouraging one simple fact: That you don't solve a problem in public, but in PRIVATE. Second, I know not about your or the Gamer's Guild. I don't know why you guys are fighting. I don't care what you say, I don't care what the Guild thinks, nothing. I don't want any problems with anyone. I clearly said above I don't have anything against you, but this really offended me and I thought you were a much smarter person than that. Also, those stupid legal facts about this and that? That's your problem, not mine. You shouldn't tell that to me, tell that to the ones with whom you have the problem.
People have to read my posts. Take a look at something I said like two or three posts back.

Going along with Wolf’s previous post. Maximus, if you really want to resolve this in the best manner possible you must speak to ME. Don’t go fetching the president of the GG or anyone else to get involved in this issue. I offered my willingless to come to an understanding. It’s up to you to accept or decline. But like Wolf says, it’s best if you speak to me personally about it. Do not hesitate to PM me or even call me on my phone and resolve matters. I only posted this large post because you were spreading misinformation about me and I wanted to make everything as clear as possible so no one gets any false impressions about me.
Therefore I do not see the logic in you saying things like "I thought you were much smarter person than that" when you are not even reading. I never asked if anyone cared about all this legal business. You want to know why I’m posting in public? Because so far it has been a good number of days, I have seen Maximus and Sylence on the bottom of the forum index indicating that they log on to SWF, and I have not received not one PM or phone call from them attempting to solve the matter. I have my willingness, as I stated in previous posts for those who actually took the time to read, but if they do not accept then who is prolonging the problem here? Certainly not a person like myself that stated long time ago that I wanted to end it quickly. This came to public as soon as Maximus made a post saying that he was the only one going to running the tournament as if GG had power over an event that the community started. This is not about the GG trying to screw me over, it’s about the GG trying to screw EVERYONE over. I was the only one to put my foot down and take a stand, and I was the only one who actually knows what GG has the right to do and not do given that I have the law on my side. You don’t have to agree or like the law, but you have to abide by it. GG has demonstrated to me very clearly that they don’t know what their rights are, and this is evident in something like trying to run a business (charge a reservation fee) without any license or certification, or without the legal and binding consent of the community itself.

And I highly doubt your 'credible sources'. Yeah right.
You’ve got to be kidding me. Once again people prove that they are not reading my posts carefully. Let me quote myself again.

This is just one example of the unlawful acts that the GG tried to engage in. Other examples are things such as attempting to discharge a manager, and claiming ownership over an event that the community, a separate group, started. If you do not believe that the things I’m saying are true, go speak with a lawyer.
Speak to ANY credible lawyer and tell me that what I said is not true. I insist that you go do so, because if you are doubting what I say or the people I’ve spoken to all it means is that you know nothing about law and what our rights are. It seems I’m the only one here that actually knows about this stuff, and I’ll not let a separate group attempt to cheat the community out of running its own event or taking their money for reserving a property that doesn’t even belong to them, especially without a license or certification.

Therefore, stop it. All of you, especially yourself, LordHDL. Go solve this yourselves. I am here to talk about how to make things better in the Smash community, not fight over this crappy-@$$ of an issue. Your attitude has made many angry. Instead of leaving it at that you keep extending it. Therefore, your membership in Boricua Smashers has been banned until further notice. I'm sorry.
My attitude has not made you angry, you’re making yourself angry. You have the choice to be angry or not be angry, but that choice is solely on you so if you’re angry it means you took that call by your own accord. No one forced you.

Also, I already said that I keep posting because I see Maximus, Sylence, and other people from RUM sign on to SWF and they make NO attempt to speak to me personally. Instead, what you see of their last posts is them trying to libel me, call me immature, and other such things. What do we gain by them attempting to make me look bad or insult me? Nothing is gained by this, and at the same time they still make no attempt to solve the issue. Something I’ve been trying to do from the start (yet it would seem that people who do not READ my posts think I’m trying to make things worse). Also, I only joined your MSN group to see how it would be and possibly speak with other smashers in a private area. However, there is nothing in that group and no one there I cannot contact anyway, so banning me is irrelevant because you are only doing it out of spite and anger and you can choose not to do. Your anger, something that you have control over, is letting you make irrational decisions instead of trying to go about things reasonably. You keep posting and trying to get the last say in the matter, but all you’re managing to do is state false information and causing me to reply on that. If you don’t want to be involved in the issue, then why did you force yourself? Telling people things like "I order you to SHUT UP" is not exactly friendly, nor is it a good way to end or keep out of a problem that you don’t even want to be involved in. You keep saying that I’m extending the problem and not trying to solve things reasonably, yet you clearly are not reading my posts. Let me quote myself yet again just in case you seem to have forgot already (or anyone else for matter).

Going along with Wolf’s previous post. Maximus, if you really want to resolve this in the best manner possible you must speak to ME. Don’t go fetching the president of the GG or anyone else to get involved in this issue. I offered my willingless to come to an understanding. It’s up to you to accept or decline. But like Wolf says, it’s best if you speak to me personally about it. Do not hesitate to PM me or even call me on my phone and resolve matters. I only posted this large post because you were spreading misinformation about me and I wanted to make everything as clear as possible so no one gets any false impressions about me.
Here is the part that I want everyone to be clear on. Take a good look at it and read this snippet from the above quote.

But like Wolf says, it’s best if you speak to me personally about it. Do not hesitate to PM me or even call me on my phone and resolve matters. I only posted this large post because you were spreading misinformation about me and I wanted to make everything as clear as possible so no one gets any false impressions about me.
This goes to anyone: If you’re going to reply to my posts, please make sure you read everything carefully and understand completely well everything I said. People have made it very obvious to me several times now that they are not reading my posts carefully. That’s we get posts like Wolf’s saying that I’m trying to extend the problem and that I want to address this problem in public. Nowhere did I said I want this problem to be in public. I posted in public in order to show everyone how GG was attempting to wrong the community, and that I would be willing to come to an understanding with them if they spoke to me personally. If you are a person that would like GG to illegally take advantage of you just for the sake of a video game tournament, then that’s on you. But for those that have spoken to me personally about why it’s imperative we avoid wrongful hands, they agree with me and rather work together in better environments where the entire community is in charge, not a separate group trying to usurp ownership. Also, please do not come in saying "this isn’t a power or ownership issue." I just proved with legal information that it is in my last few posts. If you still don’t understand, you can always contact me, preferably on AIM (because it’s more direct than PM) and I will explain everything to you. Please do not post here saying that I’m full of BS because you’ll only worsen the situation. If you want to do that, talk to me personally. No one here is going to be able to solve this issue except Maximus. He needs to speak to me. If that does not happen, this will likely persist whether we want it or not. If Maximus takes too long then I will PM him myself and if I do not get a reply, then all that will do is confirm to me (and to everyone, actually) that they don’t want to resolve the matter reasonably and that they are the ones causing difficulty for everyone else.

EDIT *PLEASE READ*: I have already PMed Maximus with details and am attempting once again to resolve this issue. Please do not post saying that I’m causing trouble. No one from RUM has bothered to PM me so I have taken the initiative to PM Maximus myself. I’m hoping this thread will be filled with no more nonsense. Please understand.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Meh not going to be able to go smash with you guys in Mayaguez this week, I have a test from my online course and it has to be presencial (I have to be at college), and it's at 7pm. Maybe next week.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I hope hdl and wolf have just cleared that up but from now on, let's just post peacefully from now on with respect and humildad so no one misunderstands other guys posts (we should stick together!) well thanks for listening you guys.

....later

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I apologize to everyone, but Maximus declined to engage in any reasonable resolution. Instead, they rather let the problem go unaddressed and leave bad ties between the PR smash community and the people at RUM. This is out of my hands. Since it is clear to me that no attempt for an understanding is going to be made on their part, I’d like to confirm that this should be the end of the arguing in this thread (they have told me that there will be no further discussion on this on their behalf). We can now continue to use it for other things such as speaking about smashfests or a hub for communication between us.

With that said, I’d like to ask people if they can confirm attendance for our event in the east, or if it’s still up in the air. So far the people that have replied to me have said it’s a go for them, but we still have yet to get a date and location. Hopefully we’ll have those soon, so if you can’t confirm participation just yet, don’t sweat it. We are all speaking to each other about the date, location, and a few other things so once we all have that set I can announce when the tournament will be as well as the name of it. There will be a major difference between this event and the one that will now be held by the GG of RUM. Our event will be community-driven, meaning that everyone, including participants, has equal say in all matters. The host(s) will be responsible for things like the ruleset and managing pools/brackets, but besides that everyone has equal power. Our tournament will have some of the best smashers on the island as well as many new eager players ready to step up to the plate and prove themselves. There will be plenty of time for friendlies and breaks in between in case you need to use the bathroom or eat. The manner in which the event will be run will be very flexible. For example, you don’t need any type of ticket or "wait in line" business to play with someone. You just walk up to someone and ask them for a game. They say yes, and bam you got yourself a match. Just go up to people and ask for matches. You won’t have to worry about official tournament sets until the host(s) call you.

As far as the smashfest Jandro is organization. I don’t know when it’ll be but I’m pretty sure he’ll post here regarding that if he gets a date. Although I don’t believe I’ll be able to make it (kind of far for me).

Xyhthyx, would you still be able to make it to my house this Thursday? Because if so then I’ll check if I can have company and see if it’s cool. If you can’t, then hopefully next week or so when you have time. Let’s try to get some fun smashing going.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman

About time you were quiet about it. You can say all you want, you politician-wanna be, but we don't have to listen to someone like you. Therefore, we will no longer listen to the likes of you.

And a note to the members: If I sounded a little rude before in my previous posts, I humbly apologize... But not to that IDIOT of HDL.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I’m sorry you feel that way Wolf. I actually dislike politics (with a passion) as well as law and such. Also, you cannot speak for the entire community. It’s up to everyone else to decide whether they want to cooperate with us. Please not that I am not trying to pose as the big cheese leader here. I’m just the one that can post the most frequently on SWF. Anyone who’s rational (and actually read my posts carefully) knows that I’m trying to help the community as much as I can, not hurt it. The proposed resolution was declined, and there’s nothing I can do about it. Sorry if that’s not the answer you wanted to hear, but I don’t see why you can call me an idiot for trying to solve things. Calling people names never solves any problems. Now if you want to come to our event, you are more than welcome to. If you need a ride or anything you can let us know and we’ll try to see about getting you one. If you don’t want to participate in our smash event because you are personally upset at what happened, then I’m sorry you chose to do that. But Wolf, take a look at my posts. Did you see me insult anyone even once? I can’t help but feel that you are actually very young (in fact I think you mentioned this earlier in the thread), but you have to understand that most of us are like 19, 20, and above. The point is you had good intentions as far as wanting to solve the problem, but you went about it in the wrong way. It’s over with now, so there’s no point in trying to insult anyone, including me.

Freakalequin

Smash Rookie
I REAAAALLY do hope that the situation is over now. I've been reading every post since the whole thing started and frankly its sad. I hope that it doesn't stop the people who wanted to come from still coming. I believe we are going to have a blast in the tournament and I also believe that there is going to be a huge gathering of some of the best smashers in PR. I implore you to come. If you have any problems regarding transportation to come to the tournament, you can PM maximus or me and we will work something out. We're not in it for the money, we're in it for the fun and the competition. As I said, I hope the situation won't continue and that we may have a great tournament. I know people don't know me so I'll just say who I am. I am Fred, jigglypuff player of Mayagüez and a friend of maximus. That is all I have to say.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
I’m sorry you feel that way Wolf. I actually dislike politics (with a passion) as well as law and such. Also, you cannot speak for the entire community. It’s up to everyone else to decide whether they want to cooperate with us. Please not that I am not trying to pose as the big cheese leader here. I’m just the one that can post the most frequently on SWF. Anyone who’s rational (and actually read my posts carefully) knows that I’m trying to help the community as much as I can, not hurt it. The proposed resolution was declined, and there’s nothing I can do about it. Sorry if that’s not the answer you wanted to hear, but I don’t see why you can call me an idiot for trying to solve things. Calling people names never solves any problems. Now if you want to come to our event, you are more than welcome to. If you need a ride or anything you can let us know and we’ll try to see about getting you one. If you don’t want to participate in our smash event because you are personally upset at what happened, then I’m sorry you chose to do that. But Wolf, take a look at my posts. Did you see me insult anyone even once? I can’t help but feel that you are actually very young (in fact I think you mentioned this earlier in the thread), but you have to understand that most of us are like 19, 20, and above. The point is you had good intentions as far as wanting to solve the problem, but you went about it in the wrong way. It’s over with now, so there’s no point in trying to insult anyone, including me.

I'm glad you finally stopped being like that. And I'm also glad you understand my motives. However, I AM still mad at you. But, who knows? Maybe, sometime in the future, we could get along. I am currently eighteen and I felt offended before. I also never said you insulted us. I'm just glad this is over and we can get along like the community we are.

Freakalequin said:
I REAAAALLY do hope that the situation is over now. I've been reading every post since the whole thing started and frankly its sad. I hope that it doesn't stop the people who wanted to come from still coming. I believe we are going to have a blast in the tournament and I also believe that there is going to be a huge gathering of some of the best smashers in PR. I implore you to come. If you have any problems regarding transportation to come to the tournament, you can PM maximus or me and we will work something out. We're not in it for the money, we're in it for the fun and the competition. As I said, I hope the situation won't continue and that we may have a great tournament. I know people don't know me so I'll just say who I am. I am Fred, jigglypuff player of Mayagüez and a friend of maximus. That is all I have to say.
Yes, I agree. I do hope it's over. BTW, my name is Wolf, I am from Lares and I go to UPR in Arecibo. Since I'm the only fan online from Lares, I am calling myself "The Patriota Pikachu Masta" from now on lol. Also, you are welcome to join my MSN Group, http://groups.msn.com/BoricuaSmashers

I do hope you visit.

yamnobody

Smash Rookie
Wolf E. Urameshi said:

About time you were quiet about it. You can say all you want, you politician-wanna be, but we don't have to listen to someone like you. Therefore, we will no longer listen to the likes of you.

And a note to the members: If I sounded a little rude before in my previous posts, I humbly apologize... But not to that IDIOT of HDL.
Wolf I know what it's like to see people talk and talk and get to nothing. This things happen a lot all around the world every day. When people really grow up they see things diferently and actually fight for what they know is right. You shouldn't go insulting people just because you are mad at something that happened. Many of us feel the same way too but we don't go and insult eachother for it. Open your eyes and see what is happening, not just from one side or the other but from the collective knowledge you have gathered clearly before taking a decision.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
LOL!

It's OK, just like we'd say: Borrón y cuenta nueva, let's just forget it and move on, OK? After all this... I really don't want to remember this. Therefore, I decree that the "Obscure Island Incident" be not mentioned again.

Freakalequin

Smash Rookie
SO, if I'm not mistaken there is going to be a tournament held the 22nd of October. Everybody is invited. THERE WILL BE SOME SERIOUS COMPETITION!!!! I will be looking forward to smashing with you people.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Yes, as far as we know the tourney, but there are some problems I would like to address.

~I understand this tourney is done on a small budget, but... WHO WILL BRING THE FOOD?

~Let's give this event a better name. After this incident, I won't remember this. *read previous posts for more infoi*

~What is the correct entry fee?

~~~~~~

After that, there is something I would like to do. It was rather useless to do fighting posts here. Therefore, I will ask you guys to erase all of theposts you made before in which you fight.

I am currently in a lack of time, but I will do so as well.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
Xyhthyx, would you still be able to make it to my house this Thursday? Because if so then I’ll check if I can have company and see if it’s cool. If you can’t, then hopefully next week or so when you have time. Let’s try to get some fun smashing going.
A family issue has arised and I might not be able to go. If it is resolved by thursday then I'll go, if not, then next week.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Sorry Wolf, but we’re not able to delete any of our posts. Only mods can do that. And if we edit all our posts that would just be very confusing.

As far as the food. Well, you’re welcome to bring your own stuff. But I don’t know the area too well. You might want to ask yamnobody if there are any food places around the area. I’m sure there may be some vending machines around, but not sure about food places.

The guys are discussing a suggested name amongst themselves. If they all like it then that will be the final name we use. We should give them a good number of days since they’re not all able to contact each other at once. Also, I’m assuming the participation fee is $10. It’ll only change if the rest of the community prefers to have a higher pot. If they all agree on whatever price then that’s what we’ll go by. But in my opinion $10 is the most likely choice.

Also for those that are coming, will you still be bringing other multiplayer games? I can probably bring a few like F-Zero GX, Double Dash, and Soul Calibur II. I also believe Carlos has Star Fox Assault so if he can bring it then that’s great. If anyone has other games like Mario Power Tennis that they can bring, that’ll be great. The other guys aren’t able to post as frequently so I’ll try to keep everyone informed on their behalf. All I can say at this point is that ours will not be on October 22nd in order to prevent conflicting with the other event. That way if you wish to attend both, it would be practical. We’re aiming for a Saturday, so try to keep your weekends free if you can.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Wolf E. Urameshi said:
~I understand this tourney is done on a small budget, but... WHO WILL BRING THE FOOD?

~Let's give this event a better name. After this incident, I won't remember this. *read previous posts for more infoi*

~What is the correct entry fee?
You might want to bring a backpack with sandwiches and drinks also, there are a lot of eating places all around the RUM and there will be time given for people to go and eat. There are also quite a few vending machines all around the student center. People could also get thogether and order Pizza, is free delivery. This is what is had at the moment, but it could be arranged to have some food. Soon there will be an official thread to this specific tournament, so anything regarding the tournament can be discused there.

The final entre fee was decided to be 10$. Since this is a first tournament the main point is to attract new upcoming players to come and 10$ is a comfortable fee that most people agree on.

Jandro

Smash Cadet
Woot disaster was sorta prevented....i say sorta cause if a hurricane hits the disaster still hited...

About my smashfest im afraid to say no for now since my grandpa IS helping out a visiting friend. He asi maybe in the future ;_;

And i must say YES tot he stop the discucion only after i say... When did the Gamers Guild come into the smash !@#$.... i didnt care about anything except smashing and involving anything else other then me kicking someones @$$ there shouldnt be anything else. ALSO i can asure you HDL is NOT gonna win that pot. And if he actualy does hes not gonna get it easy. I am more then ready to Turnip his ***. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of us are already at HDL's standard, because i dono about you but since i heard the trouny is a GO i have beem training none stop! So much that im taking a break cause my mind was thinking about smash a little 2 much (when your dreaming of turnips and bombes flying around and giving % to your "enemy" its a sign!).

To conclude........ NO SMASHFEST FOR ME!!!.....

Could someone else try? i wanna PLAY!!! Thats all i want!!! If i could play 5 games with every smasher in the island i could care less if its a tourny run by the GG or HDL or even Hitler himself!

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Heh. Looking forward to that Jandro. You’re so sure I’m not going to romp you. Be sure to train that Peachy, because once you commence the smack talk there’s no turning back.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Jandro said:
Woot disaster was sorta prevented....i say sorta cause if a hurricane hits the disaster still hited...

About my smashfest im afraid to say no for now since my grandpa IS helping out a visiting friend. He asi maybe in the future ;_;

And i must say YES tot he stop the discucion only after i say... When did the Gamers Guild come into the smash !@#$.... i didnt care about anything except smashing and involving anything else other then me kicking someones @$$ there shouldnt be anything else. ALSO i can asure you HDL is NOT gonna win that pot. And if he actualy does hes not gonna get it easy. I am more then ready to Turnip his ***. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of us are already at HDL's standard, because i dono about you but since i heard the trouny is a GO i have beem training none stop! So much that im taking a break cause my mind was thinking about smash a little 2 much (when your dreaming of turnips and bombes flying around and giving % to your "enemy" its a sign!).

To conclude........ NO SMASHFEST FOR ME!!!.....

Could someone else try? i wanna PLAY!!! Thats all i want!!! If i could play 5 games with every smasher in the island i could care less if its a tourny run by the GG or HDL or even Hitler himself!
A smashfest could be held at my house in Aguadilla one saturday. We could smash all day (possibly 11am-6pm), put some money between everyone to get pizzas and soda and viola! A smashfest. Everyone would need to bring TVs and Cubes of course, one TV isn't going to cut it.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Well it sounds pretty Xyhthyx but yeah... It's in aguadilla most players here on East can't afford the gas. But it would be cool if we could go though. I mean after I fought HDL I have been enlightened and I need competition!

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I could contribute a TV and definitely my cube. Didn’t you say you live like 3-5 minutes away from Cora? So you probably live around the base area right? Man that’s really close. If you could do a smashfest I’d probably be there like that. Just need to know the location of the actual house. I think I’d be good with pizza and soda too.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Xyhthyx said:
A smashfest could be held at my house in Aguadilla one saturday. We could smash all day (possibly 11am-6pm), put some money between everyone to get pizzas and soda and viola! A smashfest. Everyone would need to bring TVs and Cubes of course, one TV isn't going to cut it.
Sounds pretty good Xythyx. I will go if you make one. Aguadilla is near from I live so I can probably go.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Ok I got 2 people, there's also Bryan from Aguada, he can show up. Damian is always around on Saturdays and some other random people near my house. Next saturday isn't good, 'cause of some personal problems. But October 1st (saturday after next) is probably alright. If anyone else is interested, post here. This is what it looks like so far...

TVs:
Mine
Javi
HDL

Cubes:
Mine
Damians
HDLs

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
LOL, sorry, HDL. I meant edit the posts so you could leave the bad content 'away.'

As for the Smashfest, I really can't go... *Great, first I reject HDL and now poor Jandro, lol.*

I can go to Mayaguez if someone goes and gives me a ride, but I can't go if no one goes. And I highly doubt anyone can take me in a pon, I live in LARES, imbeciles. LOL.

EDIT: ...Whoops. I forgot what HDL said about editing. Just write, "Post edited due to offensive content." That'll do.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Xyhthyx said:
Ok I got 2 people, there's also Bryan from Aguada, he can show up. Damian is always around on Saturdays and some other random people near my house. Next saturday isn't good, 'cause of some personal problems. But October 1st (saturday after next) is probably alright. If anyone else is interested, post here. This is what it looks like so far...

TVs:
Mine
Javi
HDL

Cubes:
Mine
Damians
HDLs
Good. Sign me up for another cube and smash copy. Im fine with October 1 too and I hope a lot of people shows up.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
That personal issue I had has been resolved. HDL I'm up for smashing at your house tomorrow if you still want. Was thinking of pushing the smashfest for this saturday but I'm leaving it for October 1 since I think my parents need to know one week in advance not 2 days hehe.

SMASHFEST
Time: 12ish-6ish

TVs
Xyhthyx
Javi
HDL
Damian (?)

Cubes & Smash
Xyhthyx
Damian
HDL
Eval

Players
Xyhthyx
Javi
Damian
Bryan
HDL
Eval

Random friends of mine
Joel
Erik
Raul

Don't forget to bring controllers.

If everyone knows how to get to CORA we could meet there and head to my house, or if you don't we could meet at AGUADILLA MALL which I'm sure you can't miss on your way here. Or if you're feeling bold, I could give you directions to my house.

Make sure you eat a good lunch before coming, and bring money to pitch in for a round of pizza and soda. Feel free to bring other games other than smash to play. Multiple TV Halo 2 will also be happening (as it always does every weekend at Javi's house).

Rules of my house: No swearing, and every other moral your moms taught you.

We all meet at 12 at the meeting spot we agree on and head to my house. We can play up to 6pm, at which point I will kick everyone out (sorry, outta my control hehe) but at 6 if you decide to stick around you can still stay and play Halo 2 at Javi's house down my street.

Edit: Tell me what you think of the time, whichever is most convinient to all the players. If meeting at 12 is a problem, let me know.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
12 PM is no issue with me. If we opt to meet at Cora, where will that be? Say, in front of the center? I’m not sure if it’ll be open on Saturday (should be). But the people there always find some dumb excuse to close it, so you never know.

Tomorrow’s* cool if you want to come over Xyhthyx. I’m not sure if I told you how to get here, I probably did. I’ll check my PMs and if I didn’t I’ll just PM you on how to get here.

Halo 2 huh? Man it’s been a while since I played that, my skills have definitely been watered. I guess I’ll call my parents a little before 6 and if they consent then I’ll probably stay and play some Halo 2 for a bit.

Oh yeah and just remember: Link is the Japanese Batman! (That means he’s better.)

Edit: Oops, thought you made that post today saying you’re coming tomorrow. You posted yesterday saying you were coming today. Got confused with the days.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
If we opt to meet at CORA then it would probly mean meeting in front of the west gate (the gate in front of the highschool).

I'll be at your house around 4-5. You sent me instructions, PM me a number to call in case I get lost though.

xAoS

Smash Cadet
Hey folks,
For those who don't know me, I'm Eddie from Mayaguez. Everyone at the RUM knows me, I've certainly been there a few years too many. I'm a regular smash player in the western area and I've played several a few of the best players here in PR. I've visited the boards occasionally but really the hype of the upcoming tournament is what actually got me to get involved in them. So really I just wanna hollar out to all you other smash players around the island and give support for the guys here at Mayaguez.
When did the Gamers Guild come into the smash !@#$....
As for the answer to your question, I just wanted to comment that the GG has always been "into" smash, in fact, the real reason we started was because we were being hassled left and right by people at the RUM who always found some excuse to not let us use the univeristy's facilities to play smash. We played practically every day and the original club members were all members of the smash community. Afterwards we did spread to all other genre's and consoles of course. The tournament is exactly one month away, and so the GG is responsible for reserving the student center at that day. Contrary to what some of you may have heard, reserving the day involves filling out an official form by a recognized university organization, signatures from the staff and the club sponsor are also needed, then permission from the center directors and blah blah blah...it's a real pain in the *** and involves running up and down the campus getting signatures and permissions. It's mostly protocol I suppose, but then again, not just anyone can show up one day with 10 tv's and 10 game cubes, invite 20 people, and run a tournament just for the hell of it. But for those who've never been here, it's worth it guys, the center's an excellent place to run a tournament, plenty of space, plenty of food, plenty of bathrooms, and plenty of eye candy if you know what I mean. Of course the club also has to respond in case of any mishaps, such as oh I don't know, if people start chucking cubes at each other, but I'm sure none of that will happen. Also, these smash fests are a great idea to get warmed up for the tournament, so if more are set up I'll see if I can take some time off my real life and meet some of you guys I haven't met. Don't get the wrong idea about GG, everyone here just wants to have fun and play smah, so leave the fighting to the Jiggly's and Pichu's and we'll see each other in one month!

Top Bottom