• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Complex Crew Challenge

Delphiki

Smash Champion
We, Nova Complex, of the Sacramento Area of NorCal hereby issue a challenge to all nearby crews!

== Current Challenges ==

DBR of Concord
The KGB of Roseville
Three Letter Acronym of Hayward

== Results ==

Team Pauk - Choknater, Edy, Home Made Waffles, Mick, Park

versus

Nova Complex - Catnip, Delphiki, DRGN, The Marth Madness, Tomi-X

Nova Complex wins with two stock remaining.

== Info ==

We will accept the challenges of any other crews who wish to see the results of the crew battles!

All records and challenges will be kept here in this thread. Those crews who wish to face us multiple times, or whom we wish to try to defeat multiple times, will have the opportunity of having all results recorded by myself to ensure that we know our place among the crews of NorCal.

With that I hope that many upcoming crews will hope to test themselves against ourselves, and that all parties involved will grow in knowledge and skill from these challenges. You may also use this thread to challenge or MM any individual crew member. Feel free to do so, but I cannot answer for other players, so accepting or denying these challenges will be up to that player.

== Rules ==

Random stages will be Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, and Dreamland 64.

First player and character must be chosen before play begins. If necessary, a Double Blind pick will be done. Stocks will be equal between each crew. The crew with the higher number of players will have the smaller number of stocks per player (i.e., in a 3 v 5 case the 3-man crew would have players of 5 stock each, and the 5-man crew would have players of 3 stock each).

At the beginning of each match any player who possesses a number of stocks lower than the set game rules must sacrifice lives to match their assigned stock. Players then move to opposite sides of the arena and wait two seconds before play begins. The player who loses all of his stocks is eliminted, and is then replaced by a member of that crew's choice.

The entering player (one that is replacing a fallen teammate) is able to choose a stage after characters are announced. If the player chooses to do so, the defending player may change character, after which no player may change character.

Note - Zelda and Shiek are allowed their Transform (Bown+B) ability. If an opposing crew would like to ban Transform, please let us know in advance.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
And I, on behalf of Nova Complex, accept.

EDIT: If we win, there will be no more trash talking to any member of our crew, or putting down, and you accept that we are good players. So bring your game this time, because johns will not save you from this one.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
You do realize how one sided a crew against a single player is? He would have four times the stock as each of us. So, basically, if the player against the crew is slightly better than the crew's average he would have a good chance. And we know that NK is above our average. Wtf. And you know what he's going to say about the second part of that right?

Anyways, we accept the KGB's challenge!!

I haven't played B at all yet..... Do you think you can get Gio and B to the biweekly this Saturday? If so we can do it then, as long as Tyde shows up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
challenge accepted. it'll be a good match, guys.

now, if only i can get my brother to come to something... or get un-grounded myself.

lol. but yeah, i'm sure park, waffles, and edy are all fine with it. OMG NO PEACHES ON YOUR CREW GG!!!!!!!! haha j/k.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Sweet. Will you guys be able to make it to Sac so we can do this?

If we're to do either of these on Saturday, we need to do it at around 12:00, because Tyde has to work at 2.

Snap

Smash Ace
yo delphiki

im pretty sure nintendoking means 4 of his stock versus your entire crew.

i thought that was obvious. oh well.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hard to tell with NK. Could go either way. In that case though he'd get *****.

So...if Snap's right....

YOU'RE NOT **** WE'LL TAKE YOUR *** ANYDAY WTF?!!?! NK CHALLENGE NOVA LOLOLLO

Zoap

Smash Master
NK lets form a 2 man temp crew to do this lol. I mean really, ICS a Fox and Marth. THATS TOO EASY. I just got to watch out for DRGN

EDIT: Cuz if i get SS , Snap and Kawn up here 3/4 of us wouldnt have to play at all

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
LMAO Zoap you got it bud. Dont worry bout DRGN man, he cant stand my space animal lolol.
IT'll be cake son. You want the first matches or should i just **** from the get go? LMAOOOO!!

Zoap

Smash Master
u know makes no difference, as long as drgn is outta the way lol. I might be at the biweekly so lets do it there if we both are there.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
nk dont hate. appreciate.

delphiki KGB is from roseville.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Fat chance, but I may be heading up there for that Spring Break tourney. Not sure if any of the others would be able to come. What crew are you in, and who's in it? I'd be willing if we could arrange it.

I think the tourney is going to be in July. We got basically all the good WA people aside from SKYPAL. Minus a few.

Eggz

Smash Hero
You guys should come up in spring break anyway.

Our crew is:

Silent Wolf
RC
Ka Master
Tori
Bladewise
Zeru
Eggz
GimpyFish

When was Gimpy added in our crew?
When he quit Bowser. j/k XD
When reggie quit bowser?
When did this happen though?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Well I'd go up as long as some other NorCal playes are going. If you guys can help me find someone who's willing to make the drive I'd be up for covering a lot of expenses.

Zoap

Smash Master
its just me and nk we get 10 stocks a piece, so do u except, i mean im a mediocre peach and he isnt even ranked on the power rankings!! do...-.-

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
You guys should come up in spring break anyway.

Our crew is:

Silent Wolf
RC
Ka Master
Tori
Bladewise
Zeru
Eggz
GimpyFish
WA needs more crews...

I'll be crewless come this summer. Maybe I can become a temporary Sssp member... >_>

Or maybe I'll take your advice Eggz...and create a new crew..."the dan effect" :laugh:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol hey sup nova, our (eventual) crew battle should have the slogan:

"always a step behind fta."

LOLOLloLooloOLlooLOPOoLlolo. but yeah seriously they have always ***** us in our local tournaments, which is fun ^_^

park5150

Smash Ace
whoa...you challenge us to crew battle...kool. Can't wait to play someone!!!!!!!!!

TEAM PAUK
chok
hmw
park
edy
mick

Zoap

Smash Master
KDJ for the win, has tomi-x played my KDJ fox or how bout my M2k Fox i think not LOL

DRGN

Technowizard
I plan to ascend past FTA.
I hope what you mean by this is that you will ascend beyond where they are now. Nothing else can be said with certainty; as we ascend, so will they. We may one day become stronger than FTA, we may not, but either way I think that could easily only be temporary no matter how much we improve. Because while there may be no limit to the practical potential for this game, increases in power will gradually yet exponentially become more and more difficult (and we'll eventually experience the real weight of this), so probably the most likely outcome of us all growing in strength if we persue our potential wisely and "skillfully" is for us to be equals (or at least for many of us). The stronger we become, the smaller a variance in skill there will be, and so our levels would be nigh indestinguishable from one another. This may all be obvious, but, it's just the way I see it right now... And since i'm tired and have a tournament and possible crew battles to attend tomorrow, i'm just going to post it anyway and go to sleep.. ;)

EDIT: Btw, I didn't mean this as a complete certainty, just as something I thought was eventually likely. And it doesn't contradict Tomi's goal, it's just a possibility that would be way down the road anyway (if ever).

KDJ for the win, has tomi-x played my KDJ fox or how bout my M2k Fox i think not LOL
Lol, Zoap.. a thousand characters in one... lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
no srsly fta is 2 gud lol. kfc taught me how 2 mindgammez (even though he doesn't have any anymore) and the rest of their crew has all rapesied me at least once.

anyways mick is the best in our crew ^__________^_^_^
omg peach = yayuhz.

(in teams)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
omfg. andre is gonna **** in crrew battles, you will see guys. dont underestimate the non tourney go-er.

brandan will also **** hard.

man i am getting excited to see the results of Nova vs pauk lol.

Top Bottom