• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 8: S***in' on da floor - January 13th

Kais

Smash Ace
Date: January 13th
Noon - whenev (people can start showing up at 11:30 to help set up/do friendlies)

J & R Cards & Comics
12 Center St
Brunswick, ME

Rules:

Rules that apply to both singles and teams:

-Double elimination

-Games are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule. ALL semi-final and final games(This includes loser bracket semis, loser bracket finals, winner bracket semi, winner bracket finals, and overall finals) are 3/5. Overall finals are 3/5, and the person/team coming up from the loser bracket has to win two sets because the person/team from the winners bracket has yet to lose a set.

Advanced Slob Picks:
First game is double-blind, random stage (using the 6 random stages). Second game, loser(s) declares stage (which includes any non-banned stage), winner(s) picks their character, loser(s) picks their character. You can pick the same character twice, three times, whatever, in a row.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

-4 stock/8 minute/no items format. Any ties that occur when time is finished are settled by stock/%. If there is STILL a tie, sudden death occurs.

-Stage striking is allowed, at the start of a set, both players may temporarily ban a stage from the list of playable stages. This, of course, only applies to that set.

-Pause Rule: Pause is left on, in case something comes up where players need to quit the current game. But pausing during a match without reason to will result in a warning, and if the problem persists a game loss. Then a match loss. Then a drop from the tournament.

-Stage selection is as follows

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle

Teams specific rules:

-Team attack is on

-Life Stealing allowed, but please wait until the announcer has declared you're eliminated, or for the camera shift to focus on the remaining players, so you won't pause the game.

- Seating: Each team gets two seats on one side, so that each team will be seated next to their partner and each team will have an equal view of the screen.

Other rules:

-Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

-Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

-Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game out will result in a loss of the entire set.

-Bring your own controller

-Refrain from using profanity, fights are to be taken outside, and just try to make the tournament enjoyable for others.

-Money matches and friendly games: If TVs are open, feel free to. However, if a TV is needed, you need to exit the game. Turn the pause on before you start your game and turn it off when it's over. It is also suggested you get money matches and friendlies out of the way during warmup time, if possible.

Entry Fee Information:

Singles: $15
Doubles: $5/person ($10/team)
Low-tier: $5 (Low/Bottom tiers)
Crews: $5/person

Pot is split 60%/30%/10%

MadDogZeb

Smash Rookie
I don't know if I can make it guys. Maine is just too far away. **** it I'll just fly there. See you there guys.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
**** that ****, Pumpernickel Pastrami Cream Cheese, or as dey say in da topsham hood, PPCC4L.

Banksya

Smash Ace
4L = for life

Eric - ok MM

PPCC < ham, mustard, potato bread, mayonaise

Diglett - sucks

solar - ''

JK LOL

ITS ABOUT TIME WE HAD ****TIN ON DA FLOOR

Banksya

Smash Ace
who is then? Mason? LOL

P.S. anyone who wants the MST 8 sig can put the text within the below box in their sig edit:

HTML:
[URL=http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=93049][IMG]http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2456/mst8edituz5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
JUST TO MAKE IT EASY

EDITED

Cort

Apple Head
I'm not very fond of this name.

I might come, but I'll probably won't until the name is changed. Then I might consider.

/subscribe

Soup Soup Mcgraw

Smash Cadet
"Hey do you have to be 18 to buy ex-lax?"
"If there were 10 kind of people who would the 2 types be?"
"To eat a cow is one thing but to eat a chiken is another."
" can't we all be friends?"
"why is there an S in lisp?"
"if you give a man fast food for a day then he will eat for a day, if you give a man fast food for a life time then he will die with in a year."

Banksya

Smash Ace
my dad knows judo

EDIT - Darc part of your coolness comes from your low post count. you were so rad at 67. LOL

Kais

Smash Ace
Hey you guys, I just got a great idea. How about I just schedule this for J/R and then we'll all be pleasantly surprised when I move it to the club!

Worst-case scenario: the site doesn't get changed!

So? Eh? Ehhhhhh?

Banksya

Smash Ace
gabe for last time your sig looks like poop =p

p.s. MY dad makes computers out from scratch so if anyone wants to donate me some crystals for my dads transistor shop it would be great. Has to be genuine Sierra Leone crystals or moon rocks, as my dad does not leave on his NASA rocket until June.

th0rn

Smash Lord
gabe for last time your sig looks like poop =p

p.s. MY dad makes computers out from scratch so if anyone wants to donate me some crystals for my dads transistor shop it would be great. Has to be genuine Sierra Leone crystals or moon rocks, as my dad does not leave on his NASA rocket until June.
......... ......... ....

Banksya

Smash Ace
th0rn nice post you post count upper boy

im going to have dad bullwhip with his leather studded cowboy belt that he wears everyday to work without a shirt and his assless chaps.

Top Bottom