• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange And L.A. County Smashers

2kool

Smash Cadet
Okay, when I first posted here I was hoping to find some smashers nearby to smash with.

So I'm posting this new thread because I learned that after today's little tourny mishap, I would like to join nearby casuals/tournies/whatever, and even get to know some smashers. I live in Buena Park, and generally the best time would be weekends (Fri-Sun).

If you would like to just get to know one another, or invite me to your tournies :D Go ahead and add me on Myspace (if you have one) www.myspace.com/raiun or, even better, if you're hosting one anytime soon let me know! Thanks!

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
I play a pretty decent marth, i can normally play on weekdays only most of the time cuz of work an ****.

But hit me up on aim sometime my aim is:StarBlade64.

2kool

Smash Cadet
Cool cool, but I should probably warn you guys that I RARELY get on AIM anymore :( I'm probably going to check it more often since all these smashers are asking for my AIM.

But um, if anyone here who's interested in smashing has a Myspace, just add me there. It's listed up above.

Other than that though, if anyone wants to set a date to meet up at someone's place, and smash it up and get to know each other so we can smash more in the future, feel free to =] I'm free just about all the time (weekends preferred of course). You can also PM me here if you need to.

AIM = LinknParkkFan

Myspace= www.myspace.com/raiun

SiRMaGuS

Smash Rookie
I'll post here since it's LA and OC. I live in Long Beach, so depending on where you live in Buena Park, its about a 20min drive. Same for Pasadena and Fullerton.
I can be reached easily @ myspace.com/alexkrise. I check email often, but use AIM rarely.
I'll definitly try and drop a line to 2kool on your myspace.

If you live near long beach, add me to myspace or AIM (SirMagus18), or email me @ sirmagus@charter.net... or PM me, I check the smash boards for the possibility of getting pwned in a tourny. I'm also looking for a crew to practice with so hit me up.

Anybody else that wants to play some games, let me know. Especially if you're over 21. Melee with 4 people and items on high gets pretty crazy after a 6pack, scratch that, make it 12.. :psycho:

unliscenced Dr. Mario

Smash Cadet
sweet... La Habra is like 10 minutes away and weekends are best suited for me too. my AIM is well i have 2 AIM S/N

xXUDMXx and
econtreras562

so yeah contact im usually on from 2-5 on AIM but depending on my girlfriend i may be afk.
My email is "econtreras562@yahoo.com"

2kool

Smash Cadet
x.Ta.Z said:
Looking forward to smash today =]
Good games today man, call me tomorrow and we'll get some more in ;) Your Samus is tight, and your Jiggs is evil xP Hope my Luigi gave you a run for your money! lol

Ha ha, I'm still lovin' the way my friend's Yoshi won against your Sam :p Don't underestimate the star man!!! I've died from it myself.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I live in Fullerton.. im me if you ever want to play.. just to warn you though, I'm a lil bit lazy to go far xD But I will goto Buena Park and Fullerton.

Aim = endlessduotq

2kool

Smash Cadet
Maybe we should host a small casual/tourny for all the people who posted in this thread----just probably not at my house ;) Ha ha, but that would be fun!!! You guys wanna plan something like that?

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
where should we have this little private tourney? i hope its on the weekends cuz im busy on the weekdays -_- would any1 wanna volunteer for housing and stuff?

2kool

Smash Cadet
Okay well, here's the way I see it:

For all those who've been keeping up with this thread and want to have a little LA/Orange County tourny, we need someone to volunteer their house for it to be held. I know it seems stupid for me to want to make a tourny and not offer my own housing, but well, my dad's a bit stingy on a lot of random people coming over =[ Plus, my friends and I alone are pretty loud (ha ha) so I can only imagine a house full of random smashers ><;

So yeah, if someone would volunteer their place, then we can set up a local tourny!!!

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
i hope its somewhere near my place ^^ im going to a tourney tomorrow so ill have some practice and more experience in smashing so ill probably be at my best if we hold a tourney

x.Ta.Z

Smash Rookie
My house is usually used for LAN parties and such, but I've been having quite a few at my house this summer..so my parents are kinda eh now. When summer is over, I can probably host one. I live in Westminster btw.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
awesome! right where i live! we can smash it up more! do u live near the mall? ^^ we can smas it up frequently since you and i live like a few minutes from eachother. :) also thanks for volunteering! ^^I MIGHT have a smashfest with the people i know on smashboards so get ready for a huge party! (My birthdays in March though... ;)

x.Ta.Z

Smash Rookie
I live right behind Westminster HS, but I'm usually hanging around the La Quinta HS neighborhood and near Mile Square. Hit me up on AIM and we can try to arrange some fights in smash. I can drive btw.

x.Ta.Z

Smash Rookie
Tourny

Oh for all of you interested, theres a small Smash tournament tomorrow (Sunday, August 6th) @ Gamesquare in Westminster on Magnolia/Warner. It's at 1pm and I think there is a small entry fee of $3. Im not sure on the details, but there are some pretty decent players that are going to show up there.

For directions to GameSquare, coming from the north, you take the 405-South and exit Magnolia/Warner EAST. Then make a right and past Warner. It should be on the immediate corner to the right.

From the south, take the 405-North and exit Magnolia. I believe it is not possible to make a left so you just simply make a U-Turn at the next light and once you past Warner, it should be on the immediate corner to the right.

Ill be there and I will most likely be wearing a red FMA T-Shirt thats autographed on both sleeves. Dont be afraid to say hi - Im always looking to meet new smashers.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
wow cool, id wanna go to the tourney but im tired from todays tourney i went to. i got my *** handed to me...and ken was so ruthless while playing me! i now fear top smashers lol it was really awkard cuz i was the ONLY little kid there amongst 20 older guys. u shouldve come today X.Ta.z, it was really close to my house which is probly close to urs. it was pretty fun yet i was intimidated when i first came lol

unliscenced Dr. Mario

Smash Cadet
hmmm.... about the local tourney thing... i might b able to use my house... i hosted a tourney a while ago and my parents didnt really mind... so ill c if their up for it.... ill let u guys know as soon as i have a response from them... they take a while to think about it so ill let you know asap.

2kool

Smash Cadet
unliscenced Dr. Mario said:
hmmm.... about the local tourney thing... i might b able to use my house... i hosted a tourney a while ago and my parents didnt really mind... so ill c if their up for it.... ill let u guys know as soon as i have a response from them... they take a while to think about it so ill let you know asap.
Awesome! Sounds great. Let us know asap man :D

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
heh
BURBANK
funny enough i was in buena park just yesterday (medieval times)
I'm speaking for 4 good smashers..........well ok two are mediocre
2kool i just added you let's see if we can do this

Nes

Smash Lord
well im having a tourney on the 21st im not sure about the location yet btw I live in N.H. (North Hollywood) any smashers from there or Burbank? I see cyclone248i is from burbank you live by the school if you wanna smash just hit me up on myspace www.myspace.com/el_spico I think you know "Mike Haze" well yeah I smash with him I think you know him.

2kool

Smash Cadet
well im having a tourney on the 21st im not sure about the location yet btw I live in N.H. (North Hollywood) any smashers from there or Burbank? I see cyclone248i is from burbank you live by the school if you wanna smash just hit me up on myspace www.myspace.com/el_spico I think you know "Mike Haze" well yeah I smash with him I think you know him.
Wah, NH is too far from me :[

2kool

Smash Cadet
**** that sucks man. :(
It's okay man, one day, we'll fight, one day, lol. Or maybe on SSBB on the Wii online! :O

ANYWAYS I have a question for everyone reading this thread: If I held a friendly/small tourny at MY place, would any of you be up for it? Now don't jump to conclusions that I will have one, I haven't even asked "the parent" if I can have one here. I live in Buena Park, quite literally a 5 minute drive from Knott's Theme Park. I've never hosted a tourny before so if I had one, bear with me and remember that it's my first time, so forgive my mistakes. If I decide to hold a tourny here (And get the okay from pops) then I'll post the address and we'll get all the info together asap.

But yeah, would anyone here come?

2kool

Smash Cadet
If I get a ride ill be down to go.
Sweet, I'm gonna ask my pops about this tomorrow, and if it's okay, then a smashfest/friendly/tourny/whatever will be held at my place ^^ So remember everyone, keep an eye on this thread!! And let me know if you wanna come (If it pulls through).

Top Bottom