• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

PETEY PIRANHA

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumored that there will be boss appearances.

This time, I’d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!

Too intense!

Locked in the iron cages he holds are the princesses, Peach and Zelda. He looks angry. Wh-what is he doing?

He’s attacking with the iron cages!

You can save either Zelda or Peach, depending on which cage you damage more and subsequently break.

So, do you think there are two different story lines depending on who you save? Do you think Petey takes off with the other? If he does, does that mean he'll return for round 2 later? Speculate!

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
I don't quite agree with the special moves, but otherwise, I like it. Good job convincing me, old chap :D.

With his current cameo-spree, he does seem very likely for Brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Petey is definitly one of my favorite Mario characters. I would love to see him in Brawl but, I doubt his chances are very high. Although, he did make the poll list.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I would too love to see Petey appear in brawl. I think he does, in fact, have a good chance of making it since he made it into Double Dash and all those other games mentioned earlier.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I'm gonna bump this to post some moves I thought of for Petey. Because I LIKE him.

B - Goop Hurl. Petey hakcs up a glod of brown goop from his mouth, hitting his opponent and doing moderate damage, something like Link's Arrows.

>B - Tornado Toss. Petey throws a small twister that moves in a straight line for some time until it hits an opponent, wall, or just runs out of time. When hit, the foe will be knocked around and bit and launched upwards.

DownB - Head Smack. On the ground, Petey leans his head back with some windup time, them smashed his head against the ground to create a shockwave in front and behind him. In the air, it can be used as a smash attack.

^B - Flutter Chomp. Petey leaps into the air and flutters his leaves, causing him to go higher. As he does so, his head is raised and he repeatedly bites, hitting anyone who gets in his way. Can be used as a triple jump.

So, whaddya think?

EDIT: Wow, I totally just noticed how similar these are to the original poster's ideas. Oh well.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. Brawl should not turn into a fighting Mario Party game. Super Smash Bros. is more than Mario.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
So? How many Super Mario characters do we have now? Five? And if Petey is added, that'll make six. So six out of forty characters from Nintendo's most popular series is "overrunning" the game? I think not, good sir.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Petey has one actual decent role, and that's in Super Mario Sunshine. He only has cameos in the rest of the games. That's a boring character to me. True, he'd be an original character-style, but he's the literal last choice(not counting generic enemies) for the Mario series character in the Smash Bros. Series.

If it was a Mario Fighting Series, then he'd fit right in as being one of the few true powerhouses.(DK, Wario, and Bowser being the rest...as Metal Mario doesn't count not being an original character)

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
So? How many Super Mario characters do we have now? Five? And if Petey is added, that'll make six. So six out of forty characters from Nintendo's most popular series is "overrunning" the game? I think not, good sir.
I'd say that it's 'overruning the game" when pratically every other franchise other than Mario only has about two to four characters.

And while I won't rant about Petey here, I will say that his chances are slime because of the huge amount of Petey haters out there.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
He vomits on people. And wears a DIAPER.

God, there's heaps of WAY better characters than this puking plant.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
DokturSea said:
Toad
Geno

They should be in this WAY before Petey, even Waluigi and Daisy deserve it more, Koopa Troopa should even be in it before. Petey somehow weasels his way into games, I'd even rather Bowser Junior, he definatley does not deserve to be in before other Mario characters.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Who is this Geno people keep talking about? Is there a thread about him and if so could someone direct me to it? I have no idea who he is.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
DokturSea said:
Who is this Geno people keep talking about? Is there a thread about him and if so could someone direct me to it? I have no idea who he is.
Geno is only the greatest character of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

And do we really need any more Mario characters aside from the RPGs?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
McFox said:
I hate Petey Pirahna so much.

So so much.

He vomits on people and wears a polka-dotted diaper!

Lame.
Quoted for truth and emphasis on said truth. I don't need a hungover plant taking up space reserved for better characters AGAIN. Why is this worthless weed so common in Mario games lately? It's sickening. :mad:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I agree 100%, I hate how he weasels his way into games, I also think it's stupid that he ends up playable over Toad, not to mention, in pretty much every game he's playable in, exept maybe Toadstoll Tour, he sucks, because when you're trying to drive or hit a ball, you can't see past his giant head.

Scarablord

Smash Rookie
I've never been a fan of Petey I must admit. In fact, quite the opposite.

Having said that, he COULD work as a fighter in Brawl, but that doesn't mean to say I want him to.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Petey Piranah is the biggest most stupid sack of **** that nintendo has created lately and they havn't exactly been pissin out rainbows lately, Petey Piranah is a cheap knock off of Naval Piranah except he moves, wears a polka dotted speedo and throws up on people, Petey is worse than the Super Mario Sunshine model of King Boo he is the sole reason I hate that game so much, I would rather have Wendy O koopa then have Petey Piranah what has he ever done apart from piss the **** out of people by throwing up and making those stupid jelly monsters come after you HELL NO, NO PETEY PIRANAH EVER! Let him fade away until he is more or less forgotten like Capt Syrup and Stanley the Bugman (and by the way both of them need to make a reappearance)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
Petey Piranah is the biggest most stupid sack of **** that nintendo has created lately and they havn't exactly been pissin out rainbows lately, Petey Piranah is a cheap knock off of Naval Piranah except he moves, wears a polka dotted speedo and throws up on people, Petey is worse than the Super Mario Sunshine model of King Boo he is the sole reason I hate that game so much, I would rather have Wendy O koopa then have Petey Piranah what has he ever done apart from piss the **** out of people by throwing up and making those stupid jelly monsters come after you HELL NO, NO PETEY PIRANAH EVER! Let him fade away until he is more or less forgotten like Capt Syrup and Stanley the Bugman (and by the way both of them need to make a reappearance)
One of the best posts I've ever heard, but then again, I am EXTREMLEY against him, so that could be biased.

pezaddict

Smash Lord
The Petey Pirahna for SSBB comcept lives on. :p

I personaly think Petey Pirahna should be in SSBB. Those of you who saw me post in the original Smash Revolution thread should know this.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Finally someone not acting like Petey killed and ***** their entire family. Like really guys, it's a freakin' video game character. I find it a little immature for you to "****ing hate his ****ing guts" when he doesn't exsist.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
pezaddict said:
The Petey Pirahna for SSBB comcept lives on. :p

I personaly think Petey Pirahna should be in SSBB. Those of you who saw me post in the original Smash Revolution thread should know this.
Petey doesn't deserve to be in SSBB I would rather have Toadette and Toadsworth

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
People just don't give Petey a chance becuase he's from Super Mario Sunshine. I bet you if he was from Super Mario Bros 3, people would be selling their souls to the devil for him to be in the game.

He throws up, can fly, is heavyweight, a PLANT character. Most unique than another humanoid swordsman.

His big head would be perfect for smash attacks. He can also poison attacks from his spew. He can also throw tornadoes. Not to mention dive attacks, sonar blast, sand blast. And I cane see his grabs being eating type attacks.

And BTW, that's not a diaper he's wearing. It's a speedo. He tries to be sexy. :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
GreenKirby said:
People just don't give Petey a chance becuase he's from Super Mario Sunshine. I bet you if he was from Super Mario Bros 3, people would be selling their souls to the devil for him to be in the game.

He throws up, can fly, is heavyweight, a PLANT character. Most unique than another humanoid swordsman.

His big head would be perfect for smash attacks. He can also poison attacks from his spew. He can also throw tornadoes. Not to mention dive attacks, sonar blast, sand blast. And I cane see his grabs being eating type attacks.

And BTW, that's not a diaper he's wearing. It's a speedo. He tries to be sexy. :p
No it's a diaper he has accidents on a frequent basis, with all that water mario gives him

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok Let's see the nicest way I could say this.

Petey Pirahna deserves absolutely NOTHING. Not a position in Smash, not a spot in any Sport or Party Game.

I don't know HOW this character even gained popularity in the first place.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Its the fact that he's one was of the most p*rn (can we say this) related characters Mario games. :laugh: :laugh:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont hate Petey because he's from Sunshine. I like Sunshine. A lot. Petey is a plant. A dumb plant. It would be like putting a Goomba as a character.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
You're joking right? You'll pick a generic enemy that goes down with one hit over a boss that can ACTUALLY defend itself?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
GreenKirby said:
You're joking right? You'll pick a generic enemy that goes down with one hit over a boss that can ACTUALLY defend itself?
Yes, and here is why

xianfeng said:
I had my little rant.

Top Bottom