• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 10: The Ambush | Toronto, ON, Canada | Results/Shoutouts | 11/10/2012

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Original tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328882

Hosted by:

Follow & Like Vitality :)

Singles: 24 people entered

$10 Entry fee

1. [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) - :olimar:
2. Toronto Joe ($72) - :metaknight:
3. T.T.D.-Blacktwins ($24) - :popo:/:yoshi2:/:lucas:
4. infiniteV115 - :zerosuitsamus:
5. Suzaku - :marth:/:snake:
6. Meekspeedy - :metaknight:/:sonic:
7. R e d X - :ness2:/:metaknight:
7. Ruinn - :popo:/:dk2:/:metaknight:
9. Up-Air to Annie - :samus2:/:dedede:/:metaknight:
9. Dan-Da-Man - :snake:/:dk2:
11. Poke - :Falco:/:dk2:
11. Iliad - :marth:
13. Inle - :marth:
13. Phiddlesticks - :bowser2:
13. Fisch - :falco:
13. Leafshadow - :rob:
17. Black Gold - :rob:
17. Looftwaffles - :marth:
17. Yosh - :zerosuitsamus:
17. Dew - :pit:
21. Juicy Sausage (pidgezero_one) - :kirby2:
21. Friendship is Magic (Bing) - :marth:
21. $$$ - :snake:
21. Astronut - :olimar:

Doubles: 9 teams entered

$20 Entry fee (per team)

1. [GDLK] Tin Man + infiniteV115 ($108) - :olimar:/:metaknight: + :zerosuitsamus:
2. Meekspeedy + Toronto Joe ($54) - :sonic: + :metaknight:
3. Michelangelo (Inle + Blacktwins) ($18) - :marth: + :yoshi2:
4. R e d X + Fisch - :metaknight: + :falco:
5. Team Alice (Iliad + Phiddlesticks) - :marth:/:falco: + :bowser:
6. Poke + Dan-Da-Man - :dk2: + :lucario:
7. Salt and Pepper (Bing + Leafshadow) - :marth: + :rob:
7. Rawr + Dew - :random: + :random:
9. Expensive Meat (Juicy Sausage + $$$) - :kirby2: + :snake:

- If I put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :random: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly. In addition, if you main multiple characters, you get 1 character regardless of wins/losses, however if I am to add another character beside your name, you must have won at least 1 game with that character

- The OP will be updated with brackets and pools later

Cruxis

Smash Lord
black beat V? fuaaaaaaaaaaaaaark well done black

the lack of snakes actually fokin hurts me man. tin pls make next tourney in feb

Bing

Smash Master
You only listed one character :-(. I used Marth, Fox, Sheik, Peach and Falco. And mk in teams when we all went random against tojoe and Meek. Best set of the day

:phone:

Wait yeah wtf at payouts

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Tourney was so legit
Fun group of old and new players
Doubles semis pools was way too hype

Some shouts later

For singles I won most games as Fox and Snake, and a few as ICs this time; DK needed a break.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i think i used ness and kirby equally at this but w/e this was prob my worst tournament ever

see you guys around

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Shoutouts!!!!!!!

1. [GDLK] Tin Man ($144) - :olimar: Good job winning
2. Toronto Joe ($72) - :metaknight: Good Job on second
3. T.T.D.-Blacktwins ($24) - :popo:/:yoshi2:/:lucas: Good Job getting 3rd, I don't think anyone saw this coming. GGs in our Falcon ditto MM and in bracket. Our matches were soooooo close. Just to think if I had been able to clutch out the win this tournament would have ended so differently
4. infiniteV115 - :zerosuitsamus: GGs in the Falcon dittos. Last hit game 3 matches are so nerve racking for me. I don't think I've ever won one.
7. R e d X - :ness2:/:metaknight: Thanks for the friendlies before the tournament. Helped me realize how bad my MK really is, compared to my Falco
7. Ruinn - :dk2: GGs in the Loser's pool set, I think I could have won if I had stuck with Falco game 3 instead of MK dittoing you. Ah well, Hindsight's 20/20
9. Dan-Da-Man - :snake:/:dk2: GGs in the Falcon Ditto, and the friendlies at the end of the tournament. Falcon-Fox is not as bad a MU as you think.
11. Poke - :Falco:/:dk2: GGs in the Falcon ditto MM, you were one of the only people I went into the MM thinking I didn't have a good chance of winning
11. Iliad - :marth: Sucks we didn't get to MM, but I didn't want to risk missing my train. Unfortunately, when I got to Union Station discovered that my train had been delayed, so I ended up waiting half an hour before it arrived, so we could have played. We'll have to play next time, I'm looking forward to it.
13. Inle - :marth: GGs in the MM and tourney. I hate matches as close as our MM was. I probably should have stuck to Falco in our tourney match, or switched to ROB. MK was obviously a mistake
13. Leafshadow - :rob: Mario Bros2gud
17. BlackGold - :falco:/:rob:/:metaknight: Stop being free, and practice like hell for next time. And stop trying to use MK, you're bad with him.
17. Dew - :pit: Fun friendlies :D
21. Juicy Sausage (pidgezero_one) - :kirby2: GGs in tourney. Stingers gave me advice on the ROB-Kirby MU so I was feeling pretty confident going in. Going MK game 2 was definitely a better decision for me than going Falco would have been
21. Friendship is Magic (Bing) - :marth: Looks like Captain Fabulous couldn't stand up to THE PAWNCH!!! (did I even land a Falcon Punch on you, I don't remember)
21. Astronut - :olimar: Fun friendlies

General advice for all the Falcons I ditto'd except Poke - You need to know the options out of Dthrow better. And stop being so predictable after I Uthrow you. Half you would always double jump and the other half always Air dodged.

Anyway, I hope I didn't forget anyone, if I did, GGs

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
To the above 2 posts, the bracket file isn't ready yet because Tio doesn't work with losers' pools so Tin is taking the results from winner's bracket + pool sheets, and is going to photoshop a bracket that accurately represents the losers' pools bracket.

Watched the replays since they're on my Wii....I ****ing died to that usmash at 85% (it HIT me at 63%), Lucas2gud. I'll get you next time though blacktwins.

Same goes for you Joe. You can bet those sweet italian buns of yours that I will not be screwing up my air release followups.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
now that i think of it, i should have saved my set with blacktwins, was so fun.

and oh, in that case good job tin, keep up the good work.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
i think its p cool that black used lucas, its great to see more character variety TO really needs it

black i look forward to playin that lucas bruh

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
black beat V? fuaaaaaaaaaaaaaark well done black

thx Cruxis :)
Blacktwin aww yeah good **** bro, really impressed by your performance :cool:
thx alot holy :bee: im glad to have impressed you with this turnout!
Good **** joe.

And holy fuuuuuck. Blacktwins going in!
lol thx for the feedback patches.
Looool mah boi Blacktwin's beating people with Yoshi <3 Good job
thx raptor<3;) repping the yoshi mains .

sooo close to beating blacktwins too :<
shoutouts later
next time ruinn, no worries. good **** btw.
Good job BT. :happysheep:
thx iota c: means alot !
Whoa, good **** Blacktwins. o.0
thx firefly <3;)
:005:
Woah, good **** Blacktwins. o.0
ty Asa.
<3
:005:
im glad with the turnout i did, will do shout outs later but for now....
F*** NANA, SHE GETTING DIVORCED and V plz pass me the :salt: i need it for my fries :smirk:

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
To the above 2 posts, the bracket file isn't ready yet because Tio doesn't work with losers' pools so Tin is taking the results from winner's bracket + pool sheets, and is going to photoshop a bracket that accurately represents the losers' pools bracket.

Watched the replays since they're on my Wii....I ****ing died to that usmash at 85% (it HIT me at 63%), Lucas2gud. I'll get you next time though blacktwins.
Same goes for you Joe. You can bet those sweet italian buns of yours that I will not be screwing up my air release followups.
LOL i was surprised i killed you that early 1st stock(then again you didn't momentum cancel and di left so i got lucky) and if you didn't sd in game 1 it would've been a complete reset. ggs we def need to practice vs each other. (and ik your free monday so no salt on why not <.<)

joe, i will so get you next time. ggs, i was dissapointed in losing game 2 though for not getting that gimp :( you mashed slow but fast enough to escape. dam grab release failed for once
i think its p cool that black used lucas, its great to see more character variety TO really needs it
black i look forward to playin that lucas bruh
thx cruxis and no worries, when you come back to TO, my lucas will definitely give your snake a match to enjoy. :cool:
I'm fairly certain he used Lucas once, and that was against V115 on Frigate Orpheon. I could be wrong tho.
Bing's right. i used lucas against red x but lost in that one. and idk if i used him in any other match. and btw i went lucas in dubz, inle went g&w in dubz and won 1 match with them.
I saw him use Lucas against Red-X.
will still do shoutouts in a min. sry for double post. soon to be getting all the b***hes, 1st will either be either nicole or M2K's ex (no aids intended){doubt they even got it}:smirk:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
LOL i was surprised i killed you that early 1st stock(then again you didn't momentum cancel and di left so i got lucky) and if you didn't sd in game 1 it would've been a complete reset. ggs we def need to practice vs each other. (and ik your free monday so no salt on why not <.<)
Not sure if pun intended...XD
But yeah that makes sense. I guess this Monday's already over but yeah if you ever feel like coming over (or maybe if I can come over to your place?) then just msg me on fb

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
I feel so privileged getting to team with Blacktwins the tourney he truly shines.

Great job man.

@Ruinn
You main Donkey Kong, pot calling the kettle black.

clowsui

Smash Legend
So you guys aren't going to upload separately?

Ugh w/e

Tin Man, Joe will 3-0 you in at least one set next tournament. Calling it now

Top Bottom