• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked IV results

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
SINGLES

1. ChuDat
2. Cactaur
3. Jman
4. Scar
5. Eggm
5. Plank
7. Azen
7. DJNintendo
9. g money
9. Chillindude829
9. DoH
9. Vanz
13. CK
13. Boss
13.g-reg
13.newb
17.ChRed
17.Shinku
17.ThumbsWayUp
17.Skyheart
17.winston?
17.wenbo?
17.dosv?
17. Voodoo?
25. Peter
25. Skins?
25. Chivalruse
25. Kaiser?

TEAMS
1. Jman + Gmoney
2. Groom Blue
3. Bride Red (Chudat + DoH)
4. G-regulate + Cactuar
5.Eggm with 7 stocks and the stage hazard that knees you.
5. DJ nintendo + Boss
7. Evil Planz (Vanz + Plank)
7. Blue storm(winston + wenbo)
9. ChRed + Skyheart
9. Thumbs + Shinku
9.Matt+kaiser?
9. Dosv + Voodoo
13. Double D's
13.Rebel581 +Aero
13.Newb + Chivalruse
13.Dirty Skins
17.Purple Power?
17.Chris + Wenzel

I think that's correct, this is all off the top of my head. Top 13 for singles and top 5 for teams are definately right.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
w00t 3rd post got ***** by D'OH

good stuff cactuar see you next weekend

dun worry eggmaster we'll redeem ourselves next week

yo scar im really happy for you and ima let you finish but eggm had one of the best partners of all time *points to self Reik* ALL TIME. you guys had a funny team name lol

Jman orange fox is the best

Reioumu

Smash Lord
All of the matches are up on Justin.tv here

I wasn't at the livestream all of the time, so obviously, not all of the matches were recorded. I'll work on downloading them, changing around some settings (sometimes DJ Nintendo was too close to the mic and it got pretty loud) and I'll work on uploading them to youtube... I'm behind on other videos right now because of school and life, but I'll try to get some of the vids to Seb so he can upload them to his account. I'll start doing them when I get time. Too many midterms at school :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
good **** tristate, you guys definitely show we are mad rusty!!

@md/va (discluding azen chillin chu and a -very- few select others) im glad you all suck so horribly. have a little bit of region pride, maybe you'll learn to improve. ****ing pitiful that I have to deal with that **** playing an OOSer in my own region.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
why is plank a ****, people from his own state were rooting against him in a crucial match. thats sorta not cool

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
why is plank a ****, people from his own state were rooting against him in a crucial match. thats sorta not cool
Oh **** I didn't realize that's what he was talking about, I thought he was just saying we sucked. If you listen in the commentary I tried to be neutral, other than when i was singing let it rock.

I told him after the set he needs a combo video so we can sing a theme song for him.

I vote this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA

I'll make it if I get enough footage. He had some good stuff in the MM, which he did win.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
good **** tristate, you guys definitely show we are mad rusty!!

@md/va (discluding azen chillin chu and a -very- few select others) im glad you all suck so horribly. have a little bit of region pride, maybe you'll learn to improve. ****ing pitiful that I have to deal with that **** playing an OOSer in my own region.
Stop losing to Scar (in tournament). Give Colin Peach training. It's not rust, no johns, Chu is the only one on their level atm, just gotta train up to beat them @ the next one (and most importantly, Pound 4). This means not sandbagging in friendlies and actually trying vs. people in your own region, and having tons of smashfests/tournys.

Sucks that people cheered against you =(. People only hate what they fear?

*Wishes he wasn't 2+ hours away from these and that Chillin vs DJ Nintendo was recorded*

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Plank challenged Scar to a $20 moneymatch after scar beat Plank in tourney. Plank won too, I'm pretty sure he's on their level.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
are you directing this at plank? if so you are being dumb twig
Jon never plays serious vs me, what else am i supposed to think ^_^. And I am dumb, lulz. I feel he doesn't camp nearly as much in friendlies as in tournament, but that may just be me.

It really wasn't a snipe @ Jon, or anyone in particular, more so "play friendlies like tournament matches/MMs" if you want to really improve fast, which most people don't b/c it takes alot more effort, and is generally "not worth it".

*Edit- Rei - Yes, I know, but Scar is 2-1 over Jon in tourny sets, Eggm would be close as well, Cactaur beat him in a MM, and I'm fairly certain Jman would handily defeat him as well, soooo yeah.

Lobos

Smash Master
Expected reply from shinku, why don't YOU go back to playing brawl.....or just brawl + ^.^ so we can do Team Krimson Balls again! Don't let thumbswayup bring you down anymore :)

skyheart

Smash Lord
I woulda cheered against plank, only cuz he from md just like me, but he never tells me when they're playing nor does he ever gimme advice to help improve my game as a fellow MD smasher and he had an arrogant attitude when i first met him and he didn't think i was worth playing friendly's with. AND it was scar so yea i would have had to cheer for scar

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Newschool smashers just dont know **** about state pride. Your region is supposed to come before all. What happens in MD stays in MD, but you don't go cheering for other people against your region EVEN IF you don't personally like them. I can't tell you the number of times i've cheered for md/va players i don't personally like against OOSers or the # of times ive cheered for EC players i dont really like against WC people. It's because you want your region to be strong and you want to show them support and show that your region - as a whole- is getting better.

For me to expect this out of my region is too much anyway though, because it's been very painfully proven that the majority of you don't even WANT to get better.

skyheart

Smash Lord
LOL, i agree with what you said plank. and dont get me wrong i dont hate you. I like you, and you've gotten mad good since the last time I saw you at chu's, but yea you're right regions should stick together. but thats kinda hard when the good players in the region are jerks and say lots of crap about how the newbies need to get better, but then none of the old schoolers ever try to actually help them get better. I've never been given advice EVER from any oldschooler in MD/VA EVER. But i've gotten help from lol master, eggm, scar, and even cactuar when I talked to him online once. so yea......to me its like the new peeps help each other out, and we're slowly but surely getting better. but like all the actual md/va pro's do nothing but try to get money from us as smashfests/tourneys

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I think it's because we are really different people. The pros in MD/VA have always been really tight knit and as a whole we like to chill and play and just have a good time. The newer players in MD/VA always seem to be loud, talking about random **** we don't care about ALL the time, obnoxious laughing in the middle of matches and doing 4-falcon FFA's on FD doing nothing but falcon punches.

Whether or not you have a personality like that (you seem to be fine skyheart) it's very discouraging for us players who want to take the game seriously to deal with that.

I'm not one to just NOT play someone because they aren't as good as me. I play with newb usually 2-3 times a week. I trained HAT from NOTHING in melee to one of the top players in MD/VA. I have no problem training people I like or get along with, especially if I don't have to do it the whole time.

You just can't expect players like us to drive an hour to a fest in northern VA and not only will we get no really good practice, we will be annoyed by a lot of the players around us and lose money out of the situation. Like if there's no tournament, what sort of motivation AT ALL do we have to go to one of syphers tournaments? Like yeah I could go and help you guys out and make you a little bit better, OR I could go to work and make $150. You can't really blame us for that.

skyheart

Smash Lord
Once again I agree with what you're saying, but like not ALL smashfests are in northern VA. because thats an hour away from me also. But I usually open my house for people to come and play. sometimes stuff happens at UMD. and other random places in md. but the good players never have any type of involvement with their region that they want rooting for them. unless they're getting money.

And theres absolutely nothing wrong with wanting money. EVERYONE loves money and would love to win some. But that shouldn't be the only thing thats motivating the pro's to play melee, especially if they want support from their region, which is filled with mostly scrubs btw

The Newb

Smash Ace
...I usually open my house for people to come and play. sometimes stuff happens at UMD. and other random places in md. but the good players never have any type of involvement with their region that they want rooting for them. unless they're getting money.
I don't know if any of this conversation even pertains to me at all, but I'd play Melee with anybody, any time, given distance isn't absurd. I've been ****ing addicted to this game since 2003.

skyheart

Smash Lord
I don't know if any of this conversation even pertains to me at all, but I'd play Melee with anybody, any time, given distance isn't absurd. I've been ****ing addicted to this game since 2003.
Naw it doesn't. And we should def play next time i go to andrews house

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Plank, if you come to my place and play more often I can record you and makes a combo vid :D

I want to get better. Whenever possible I go to Oos tourneys, I was at RoM and SpocVII, I'll be at SpocVIII and RoM2. I go to every tourney and smashfest I can, because I want to play as many people as possible.

I would love to play seriously with pros, but alot of higher ups don't want to play friendlies with someone like me. I have to find people that are better than me, but not so ridiculously that neither player will get anything out of it. At least I'm decent enough now that there are very few players who would 4-stock me without even trying, espeially in MD/VA. I'm not saying I'm good, but I think I'm decent practice for most of the players in our region. Everyone of us in UMD want to get better, it's why we hold our fests. I mean I wouldn't expect chu to show up, but unless you have work or transportation johns, people have no reason not to come.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah I definitely try my hardest to make it to stuff, I used to travel way more but I got a DUI over a year ago and haven't been able to drive since. When I can drive again (november I get my license, hopefully car by december...) I will drive more and make more of an effort to play people.

Frederick is a ****ty location sometimes, everything is like an hour away.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
its hard to give "tips" to people when they just need to learn to wavedash or l cancel better (any kind of tech skill), or be more creative and tricky with their play, being less predictable, or just to be more consistent in general. you cant really teach that kinda stuff, so when i beat someone because they SDed a few times or something, and they ask me for tips, i dont really know anything specific to say.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
its hard to give "tips" to people when they just need to learn to wavedash or l cancel better (any kind of tech skill), or be more creative and tricky with their play, being less predictable, or just to be more consistent in general. you cant really teach that kinda stuff, so when i beat someone because they SDed a few times or something, and they ask me for tips, i dont really know anything specific to say.
This.

There is a certain minimum skill level generally for me to be able to effectively teach someone very advanced strategies, techniques, and overall mindsets. Anything below to that skill level is difficult because I would have to train them in things that are very basic, and generally take a significant amount of grind time to master.

Also, Plank isn't on my level. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

<3 you Plankypoo. Come train with me sometime.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah i admit you're a decent bit better than me now.

tis a sad sad day, all the time i wasted on brawl!

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
i rooted with you plank xD trust me if i could get back to my former Self :p it would be more fun but tis not the case in Va barely anyone plays melee

Top Bottom