• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Viridian City of the SUMMER 8-29 Results

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Singles ( Bracket was somehow erased but I am sure Pierce or me can remake it with a lot of help from you guys )

1 - M2k - $400
2 - Ally - $200
3 - Atomsk - $80
4 - ADHD - $40
5 – fatal - $28
5 – jash - $28
7 – minty - $12
7 – ksizzle - $12

Doubles

1: M2k + Ally (M2k + Ally) ($300.00)
2: Atomsk + Fatal (Atomsk + Fatal) ($150.00)
3: Anti Sausage (Anti + Basic Sausage) ($90.00)
4: Dugfinn watches iCarly (Kisizzle + Inui) ($60.00)
5: Eazy + Orion (Eazy + Orion)
5: Diem + Ether (Diem + Ether)
7: Pierce + Blackwaltz (Pierce + Blackwaltz)
7: Two fat guys, one Rainbow Cruise (Doom + Malcolm)
9: Icylight + Bizket (Icylight + Bizket)
9: Zucco + Bleachigo (Zucco + Bleachigo)
9: Team Donkey Kong Country (Cable + ADHD)
9: Wes + Dire (Wes + Dire)
13: Cloudfox + Tom (Cloudfox + Tom)
13: M4GE + Kimchi (M4GE + Kimchi)
13: KS136 + Bloodcross (KS136 + Bloodcross)
13: Keitaro + YEs (Keitaro + YEs)
17: Team Rocket (Gunblade + J.G. Wentworth)
17: team we pwn all!!! (Inferno + Xivk)
17: Sneak + Mrdc (Sneak + Mrdc)
17: We Deed it for C33Z3 (Kingz + BigM)
17: Emukiller + Vanz (Emukiller + Vanz)
17: CandleJack + Mr. Grey (CandleJack + Mr. Grey)
17: RJ + BSC (RJ + BSC)
17: Alllied + Kid (Allied + Kid)
25: Emmy + Clai (Emmy + Clai)
25: Leo + Andre (Leo + Andre)
25: Lightning + Palpi (Lightning + Palpi)
25: HyperEnergy + Funen1 (HyperEnergy + Funen1)
25: Smurf + Nasty (Smurf + Nasty)
25: Rismfrosmgosm + Slowpoke (Rismfrosmgosm + Slowpoke)
25: Panda (SmerfFin + SdTaco)
25: Minty Flesh + Chaos Marth (Minty Flesh + Chaos Marth)

Thanks everyone that came out. This is probably the last time I will see most, if not, all of you for a long time. I decided after this I would not go to gaunlet to help Wes run it or just go to anything in general. I know most of you will post here saying I should not nor do I expect any Ims on aim about this matter. Above all it was a fun tournament and I thank you all for the memories throughout the years. Maybe I just need a break or just time to think about things. I just need a lot of time to think about things. Most of the stuff I see people do bother me greatly and it is sad that people cannot change.

~Alex Strife

strawhats

Smash Master
Didi M2K win cause Ally had controller problems? That's what I heard.

Inui.... :(

Yay Trevor, I called you getting 3rd at Chus but wow, good **** in teams with Fatal <333
No johns for ally. He beat ally fair and square, when he was playing really well. Ally had controller issues at evo 2k9 which was a month ago. Are we gonna use that john everytime ally loses. No, im just jking w/. u man, but seriously ally lost completely.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Awesome tourney. Glad I got to meet a lot of people from the boards and play them. Good job keeping this tourney smooth and efficient Alex, first time I stayed for singles grand finals :)

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Just posting this in the actual results thread

Thanks Alex for hosting a legitimate event..although you need not be so stingy with the mic ;[

ADHD - It would have been nice for my morale, and perhaps my momentum as well if that 9 hammer had connected but you played your part correctly. Good game. I will train harder for our next fight.

Ally - Nice meeting you. You pitched forth strong team play, can't bat an eyelid to that. Good game, and looking forward to fighting you in singles someday.

DM Brandon - You fought hard in teams. We will be changing our strategies, perhaps dramatically.

Ether - I see you adapted in ways, stopped completing Ftilt on my block. Seems as though I felt comfortable with Snake that day so it carried me towards the win. 'til next time.

Inui - Feel free to rub it in.. I conducted a critical defensive error and I paid the price. Good game. I will train harder for our next match.

Eazy - Good seeing you there...how does that 9 feel? Still hurting? =]

To all else, good games and HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE AT GAUNTLET

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
I did horrible im pissed at my self i lost too 2 people i COULD have beat. Ikon got alot better tho. All and all and pretty disapointing day ill make it up at gaunlet. Also me and my bro got bracket ***** :(

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Your brother did NOT get bracket *****. He had a joke of a bracket, the only good person he had was Kai until he lost to people.

Zucco

Smash Master
Funny how the bracket was lost after there was talk about poor seeding and whatnot. :laugh:

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
Guess to try some mini shout outs.

remix: you probably shoulda won that match but the gai trip lost it. gg's though

chaos marth: acursed metaknight but close matches

kingz-night-mare: ha-hah, shuck it trebeck!

pops: dam close matches and a fun DK

emu: beat the sh*te outta me x_x

metaknight user whose name i forgot: another wigi taunt spike out of a shuttle loop. victory!

vanz: hate your jigglypuff with a passion. >_<

alex&cris: great tourney for the last one, thnx for hosting.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Wow, stupid phone internet. Just read what you wrote, Alex. I'm even happier and feel better for going to this knowing that it was your "last" tourney. Good luck with whatever you're doing and stay strong. In other news, phone internet REALLY sucks.

b1anK

Smash Apprentice
I placed s000 bad I'm kinda relieved the full results aren't up lol

This was pretty fun though.

GOOD **** to Alex for finishing this at a normal time!

edit: post shoutouts later

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
...Doesn't Tio auto save the bracket? Unless you manually delete the file it should still be there. Also, I got 9th.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
This was a really great tourney for my first, even though I did really bad. >_<

It's a shame this is the last of these tourneys. They're not too far and my mom wouldn't have had a problem taking me here. @_@

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Me and minty got bracket ***** in doubles. Pierce and blackwaltz first round and almost won then diem and ether first round of loser's thanks to stupid things happening and yet we were the closest team to beating them x.x welll except for the teams that actually beat them

Even though we got last we worked really well together

Good **** in singles minty <3

I got 25th if anyone wanted to know x.x

I'll do better next time.

No shout-outs cause I hate doing them on a sidekick

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I placed s000 bad I'm kinda relieved the full results aren't up lol

This was pretty fun though.

GOOD **** to Alex for finishing this at a normal time!

edit: post shoutouts later
I'm fortunate in the same way as well. I placed super terribad in this tournament and maybe I should stop deluding myself into thinking I can do well with Ganondorf. Ganon's so much fun to use in tournaments, but the constant losing gets to me and overall, I'd probably feel better winning with a good character than making somebody work to beat my Ganon.

Also, lol at making me play two PA dudes I can play any time (since I'm schooling in PA) at a NJ tournament. Since this is likely my last OOS tournament in a long while, I wanted to at least go up against some OOS people in tourney. Figures...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
exactly....theres something fishy going on.
why would i do anything fishy.

The bracket just has to be redone I am working on it as we speak.

I admit I made a mistake and you , kelvin, saw how pissed I was that the bracket was missing.

I just gotta sit down and look at it and once I figure out who goes where ( most of it is intact just certain ppl have to be moved and i forget where.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
doubles genius gets 4th with a top 5 player of NJ

meanwhile Atomsk is still consistently top 3

Step it up Lucas
atmsk>inui
I knew people would effing blame me for it. I lost to super amazing teams, so w/e.

Why don't you ask ksizzle what went wrong? He's amazing and a great partner, buuut.......

Inui - Feel free to rub it in.. I conducted a critical defensive error and I paid the price. Good game. I will train harder for our next match.
You were ****** me, I got lucky.

Funny how the bracket was lost after there was talk about poor seeding and whatnot. :laugh:
It wasn't something done on purpose. Yes, Alex Strife makes some seeding errors, but I could have checked the bracket more closely to prevent that from happening, so it's partially my fault. He didn't mess up the bracket on purpose so that people wouldn't see his seeding errors. He's not like that.

I went 100% Ike and got 17th, losing to Jash (wrecked me game two) and Minty (counterpicked me with Snake and Dedede and got totally lucky and did not deserve to win). I would have easily gotten at least 7th with MK, but I really wanted to go all Ike and see what happens and have fun, which I did.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
I had a ton of fun, and I'm pretty sure every time I enter a tournament I realize "I should stop being a noob and spamming (insert move here)".

I'd say the biggest disappointment of the night was when Doom revoked his "EmuKiller is top 10 in the state" statement and replaced it with "dude you're not top 10 in the state". Truth hurts =-(.

Zucco

Smash Master
I just really want to see the Bracket. I honestly Dont think I got Bracket ***** personally but I find it strange that a few people did better then me that I know im better then.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I just really want to see the Bracket. I honestly Dont think I got Bracket ***** personally but I find it strange that a few people did better then me that I know im better then.
Welcome to huge tournaments where there's no space/time for pools.

Such things happen.

Seeding errors were made, but oh well. I'll help Alex Strife more next time so there will be no problems.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I knew people would effing blame me for it. I lost to super amazing teams, so w/e.

Why don't you ask ksizzle what went wrong? He's amazing and a great partner, buuut.......

You were ****** me, I got lucky.

It wasn't something done on purpose. Yes, Alex Strife makes some seeding errors, but I could have checked the bracket more closely to prevent that from happening, so it's partially my fault. He didn't mess up the bracket on purpose so that people wouldn't see his seeding errors. He's not like that.
i completely failed in doubles. in winners anti was ****** me on one side of the screen while inui was doing great vs basic sausage. i shouldve called for help so it was my fault. then in losers we went last hit last game but i sd'd at 54 percent costing us ther set vs atomsk and fatal. our losses were my fault and inui did great. it was just unfortunate events.

just to let everyone know i faced.

shippo
then blackwaltz.....
then zucco..
then m2k in quarters
then bizkit in losers
then adhd............

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I had a ton of fun, and I'm pretty sure every time I enter a tournament I realize "I should stop being a noob and spamming (insert move here)".

I'd say the biggest disappointment of the night was when Doom revoked his "EmuKiller is top 10 in the state" statement and replaced it with "dude you're not top 10 in the state". Truth hurts =-(.
I said you could be. ;) Didn't revoke that.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I played Yezz, Ksizzle's brother, Ally in winners, then Yezzz, Malcom, and Ksizzle in losers. Lost to Ally and Ksizzle.

Top Bottom