• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4 - Sykesville, MD - Set 6-7, 08 - Guaranteed $5000 Pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Critical Hit 4

CH3 had roughly 110 people and it was semi cramped. For CH4, we are using the old venue as housing, plus a much bigger room right next to it.

$5000 Guaranteed Prize Pot!

This is the third East Coast Regional Event.

http://ecregionalcircuit.com/
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175544

Please register on All is Brawl for an estimated turnout by clicking, "I am attending this tournament"
http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2360

Date
September 6th and 7th

Place
Gaame Playe
6400 Ridge Road
Sykesville, MD 21784
410-549-0750
410-925-1938

Price
$65 pays for Singles, Doubles, Crews (if time allows), and venue fee for both days.
The tournament itself is providing housing in the old venue. It will be a fee of $8 to stay overnight. If you bring a Wii its $5 to stay overnight. All payments will be upfront and are strictly CASH ONLY. If you just want to enter singles, its $40. NO REFUNDS.

Payouts
All money is guaranteed by Gaame Playe.

Singles
1st 1200
2nd 600
3rd 300
4th 150
5th 75
5th 75
7th 50
7th 50

Teams
1st 1200
2nd 600
3rd 300
4th 150
5th 75
5th 75
7th 50
7th 50

Schedule
Day 1
9:30 AM - Doors open
12:00 PM - Teams Begin
6:00 PM - 1st Round of Singles Pools
2:00 AM - Doors Close

Day 2
10:00 AM - Doors open
11:00 AM -2nd Round of Singles Pools
4:00 PM - Singles Bracket
Left over time - Crews

Rules
-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 7:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination (Unless entrants exceed 64, in which we WILL do pools to bracket)
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items OFF
-- 4 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
-- 11 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise
-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
-- Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
-- NO Refunds
-- Bring your own controller
-- Any other calls/disputes will be settled by H2YL

CREW RULES
-- 12 Stock per crew
-- 4 to 5 man crews, with stock distributed evenly
-- Characters written down before the match, along with the first player
-- Winner takes all
-- The first match is on a random stage (neutrals)
-- The incoming player may choose to select the next stage, but if so, the player in may choose to switch characters. If random, the player must stay that character.
-- Trash talk allowed

HOTEL INFO
The closest hotel is roughly 15 minutes away, located in Owings Mills.
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/e...ionid=ZDSNJBL1DYEJWCSGBJN2VCQ?ctyhocn=BWIOMGI
4770 Owings Mills Blvd.
Owings Mills, MD 21117
410-654-0030

The venue has 24 tvs, 11 wiis, and 4 copies of brawl. We need 6 more tvs, 19 wiis, and 7 copies of brawl for this to run smoothly. Please post if you can bring any of these.

TVs (30/30)
Gaame Playe (24)
Toasty
Jceasar (3)
theDoom
TheYoster

Wiis (25/30)
Gaame Playe (11)
Atomsk
lightxdream
Khronox
Niko_K
echos
Toasty
Beta9001
Program
lightxdream (2)
theDoom
Snakeee
TheYoster
Forte

Brawl Discs (7/11)
Gaame Playe (4)
Chinesah
Jceasar
Nacker

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No mansion makes JCaez a saaad panda...

Can't you just make plank wear a sign that says "strike mansion against me"?:ohwell:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Do you want this to be REALLY big, because if so, then I'll sticky it beginning of august/after FAST 1 finishes.

KingAce

Smash Ace
^ I agree
If this was like beginning - mid august, and smashtality IV hasnt been updated for a long time then some Canadians (5 or so) would come to this

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hopefully I can make it this time.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'll be there again, and I'll lose again. But I don't care. I'm going to beat someone (I was fortunate to have TGPAdmin in my bracket on saturday)

Met

Smash Ace
**** this sounds wicked i will try and make it. I will drive a bus up there filled with hot chicks and beer and millions of winning lottery tickets it will be to good.

echos

Smash Journeyman
**** this sounds wicked i will try and make it. I will drive a bus up there filled with hot chicks and beer and millions of winning lottery tickets it will be to good.
Well im riding the bus with Jank

O and i'll Gannon mm anyone in the world >: )

Niko_K

Smash Master
^ I agree
If this was like beginning - mid august, and smashtality IV hasnt been updated for a long time then some Canadians (5 or so) would come to this
Definitely going to need to make this trip. Lets talk about it because this should be HUGE, not too mention our car will be taking top 5 singles and top 3 in doubles ;)

my peach will be amazing by this time

you're all on notice
Well guess your a bit late, since mine is already pro ;) lulz.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
ummmm
im def going to this...and im def going to playing to be playing as much as i can so i can acually do good...i was pretty dissapointed that i got elimnated pretty quickly soon as brackets started =\
and again...i will need a partner for this lol

echos

Smash Journeyman
Sorry you and Tyrant didn't work out as well as i hoped Candy you did beat me and Tru= though props on that man *pound*

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
if i can carpool with jake/cort/pc this time i might go, we'll see. expect better this time

edit: daaaamn singles bracket starts at 7pm? faaaack im not gunna get home until like 10 am the next day, not sure if its worth it.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I will go to this. Splitting into two days is a good idea, I heard it lasted till 2am last time. How long would first round singles pools take if...say 185 people were there?Would it be alright to bring a N64 with smash 64 just for friendlies?

hova

Smash Champion
Definitely going to need to make this trip. Lets talk about it because this should be HUGE, not too mention our car will be taking top 5 singles and top 3 in doubles ;)

Well guess your a bit late, since mine is already pro ;) lulz.

good luck with all that

hopefully you won't get caught up in the "welcome to md/va" club with the rest of the OOS from Critical Hit 3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I definately need to find a way to this. Cat Fight if you go we should do teams. I don't know anyone else who would want to go.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
if i can carpool with jake/cort/pc this time i might go, we'll see. expect better this time

edit: daaaamn singles bracket starts at 7pm? faaaack im not gunna get home until like 10 am the next day, not sure if its worth it.
Do you think it would be possible for me to carpool with you guys? I can throw in some gas $$$.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I say, as always, put crews on the back burner as the final event. Something to do just if there is time.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
anyway we can move things to an earlier time so those of us who have to drive 8 hours back (cough me cough) don't get faacked over too badly?

edit: good thing i read the schedule again eh?

chillindude829

Smash Master
OBM: The schedule has been adjusted so that the Singles bracket should get going by 4 pm at the latest on Sunday. I will be trying to make everything go as fast as possible, so hopefully it will start even earlier than that. Unfortunately there's no real way to make the Singles bracket start any sooner without eliminating the 2nd round of pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom