• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing With Fire-A Zelda Exhibition Video

5yphon

Smash Cadet
nice vid. You and Naks made me start to play zelda, but sadly i have changed to a DK main. Still love the zelda footage though the uair is too powerful!

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Well, I learned 2 things today.
1) Zelda's uair is overpowered like no other.
2) Hawaiian (spell check?) Smashers ****.

The editing on this vid was sweet, and it really picked up the pace/combos at about he half way point.
I also liked the ending credits, some of those plays/players probably deserve to have vids themselves.

COM7

Smash Rookie
This angers me...my friends say I'm too star struck with you as is lol, this just makes me idolize you more, I love watching your videos, I always used Zelda since Sheik got called cheap in Melee, then I switched to someone noone else used and they said that was for a reason....
then I found your footage and started to teach myself to truely play...
AWESOME VID =D

D

Deleted member

sweet you add download links now @_@

edit: good stuff as always, uair is too good

asob4

Smash Champion
good vid, i don't like how all the kills from a certain move were all cluttered together. IMO it should have been spread out more. at about 3:50 is when i really started liking it.
i quickly grew tired of the up air unless comboed into

good vid nonetheless good job

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Organizing kills and techniques is actually a standard amongst some of the more well known combo videos of the past and present.

I did it with synching purposes and flow of the clips in mind. But it's cool.

Thanks for watching and for the props.

Timbers

check me out
Very nice vid. I think the only thing I could say about it is, when you had all those uair kills..you could have probably sped it up somehow. They were nice kills, but the clips felt a bit too long ^^; A 10 second clip having the two of you just running around and then opponent getting killed with a uair was dragged on a bit. A very nice video though.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
A 10 Second clip of us running around until I up air him? Can you give me a time stamp on when that occurs? I feel horrible for leaving such a boring clip in my video. I'm serious.

Timbers

check me out
o.o It wasn't meant to be taken literally, the description of the clips at least. The clips themselves weren't bad, but when it's generally the same clips over and over is what does begin to bore people, no offense. The entire first 2 minutes or so was you following them with a uair. Nothing else really going on except for that. Which isn't bad , but diversity is a good thing. This is going to be a terrible comparison, but kind of like watching a bunch of Ike fsmashes I guess. Yeah it's a killer but it's honestly not anything entirely impressive. If you have an entertaining string of moves leading up to the uair (or "ike fsmash") then it becomes a lot more enjoyable, and you did have a few really nice ones in there. Everything from about 2:30 onwards was great. Before that it felt kind of slow and repetitive. It was a great video though.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
o.o It wasn't meant to be taken literally, the description of the clips at least. The clips themselves weren't bad, but when it's generally the same clips over and over is what does begin to bore people, no offense. The entire first 2 minutes or so was you following them with a uair. Nothing else really going on except for that. Which isn't bad , but diversity is a good thing. This is going to be a terrible comparison, but kind of like watching a bunch of Ike fsmashes I guess. Yeah it's a killer but it's honestly not anything entirely impressive. If you have an entertaining string of moves leading up to the uair (or "ike fsmash") then it becomes a lot more enjoyable, and you did have a few really nice ones in there. Everything from about 2:30 onwards was great. Before that it felt kind of slow and repetitive. It was a great video though.
It's the same kill move over and over, but I show the same kill move in a variety of situations.

KiNGMONiR

Smash Cadet
yo judge... it might be a good idea to us vote for the best video, as 50% of the score..
The other 50% of the score can be up to you..

Anyways RSR's Sonic combo is awesome...

Timbers

check me out
It's the same kill move over and over, but I show the same kill move in a variety of situations.
<.<;

I know you do, which is why about 2minutes in was so good. Before that it was the same situation over and over.

I'm not trying to belittle the video at all, just sayin'.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Delicious.

Persistent as ever on making the clips fit with the music, I see.

Shirahama

Smash Rookie
You're a very talented Zelda. I notice you consistently use the notorious Din's Fire, the epic Bolt Kicks and, more notably, the Uair. I feel that this is your trump card and you use it to get a majority of your KOs (either that or Bolt Kicks). Hope that someone doesn't see it coming. >_>

K10

Smash Apprentice
Nice vid. Where in Hawaii do you live? most likely Oahu, right?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Nice vid. Where in Hawaii do you live? most likely Oahu, right?
Yes K10 I do. Since you live in Hawaii I suggest that you check this site out. Smashbroshawaii.com It doesn't matter what Island you're from. All members of Hawaii are welcome.

And yea Xan I have a filefront. Same as my name. Did you want it?

K10

Smash Apprentice
Yes K10 I do. Since you live in Hawaii I suggest that you check this site out. Smashbroshawaii.com It doesn't matter what Island you're from. All members of Hawaii are welcome.

And yea Xan I have a filefront. Same as my name. Did you want it?
I joined, but I'm not really that good at Smash and am not that passionate about it. I also don't live on Oahu(like most, if not all of the people on those forums).

Darkmusician

Smash Master
It's cool man. Just good to know that it's there ya? I mean you never know. You might end up visiting or going to college on Oahu. Or other possibilities.

Rdebo

Smash Cadet
hmmm, Darkmusician...
your siggy makes me laugh...in a positive manner seeing as I usually use low tierd chars.

your Zelda is ridiculous, I've mained her for a while and still struggle with the perfect f/b airs.
props on being a sick Zelda user.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
hmmm, Darkmusician...
your siggy makes me laugh...in a positive manner seeing as I usually use low tierd chars.

your Zelda is ridiculous, I've mained her for a while and still struggle with the perfect f/b airs.
props on being a sick Zelda user.
Thanks. I used to be so into Yugioh. I wish I had the whole series in Japanese.

K10

Smash Apprentice
It's cool man. Just good to know that it's there ya? I mean you never know. You might end up visiting or going to college on Oahu. Or other possibilities.
Already going to UH Hilo. I don't think I'll be transferring, but who knows?

4U2NV

Smash Rookie
I haven’t had brawl for long and I have yet to fight a seriously skilled Zelda in fact I didn’t know anyone actually used her! I thought they just picked her for sheik and the Zelda’s I have fought usually run off and turn into the sheik but now I see Zelda can be very powerful and you’re awesome. :)

Percon

Smash Lord
Darkmusician, are you implying that Zelda is bottom-tier (sig)? 0_0 It certainly doesn't look like it.

Anyway, nice video. You chased airdodges and hit people at the exact opportune moment.

Also, where is the music from? I don't recognize it... :x

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Nah the sig is old. The phrase is old too. Back in Melee. I just like the picture.

Though on most of the different lists I've seen Zelda isn't that high.

The music is from Digimon. The credits are by Reel Big Fish.

Top Bottom