• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First O.S.T.O.T.E.S.- Coventry, CT- Jul 26, 08 *UPDATED*

Chum

Smash Apprentice
I have decided to host he first O.S.T.O.T.E.S (Only Smash Tournament On the East Side) after attending multiple tournaments on the West side of the state, so I figured the East side needed some representing. Changed the name for obvious reasons. Also changed the date because I might be in Florida on the 19th.

So here is the deal as of right now the venue fee will be five dollars because it costed me a pretty penny to rent this place but is subject to change (All I need to get back is $175 for the venue) if numerous people are interested in this tournament. I also need people to bring Wii's if able and possible T.V.'s. As of right now I can get two Wii's and T.V.'s.

So i guess I forgot to set a time for this I'll be there around 11:30 to start setting up and registration for doubles will end around 2:00; registration for singles will end when the doubles tournament is finished.

AiB Link. Either join there or post here so i can have an estimated turn out.
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1355

*now on the 26 of july*
*Also I would appreciate much if people posted if they were even remotly interested in coming*

124 Lake Street
Coventry, CT

It's kind of wierd because there are two entrences; one to a park were you will have to pay to enter and one to the building where it will be free to park, I'll have a sign by the free one.

Call this if you need directions 1-860-543-4394

Singles: $10.00
Doubles: $20.00 per team.

singles:
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

Doubles:
1st- 80%
2nd- 20%

Rules:
Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners'/losers' finals best of 5, finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON

Stages

Neutral Stages: (Set to Random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Other:
No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage striking: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 2 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues
Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
****, CT has had more tournaments than you can shake a stick at now. And I have to work during all of them :(

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I was thinking about making the following weekend because I might be in florida too, I have a friend down there and we were thinking that we might go to F.A.S.T.1 I have until this weekend to change the date I believe. If more people want this the following weekend I'll change it.

EDIT-
....................copiers
I didn't realize what you were taking about until after I posted this. I thought you were talking about the rules lulz. I didn't mean to basicly copy that tournament; basicly same name and same time period sorry about if you want I would be happy to change the name.

Ryuukossei

Smash Cadet
Word son.

Sweet, this sounds pretty awesome, I am gunna try my best to make it out there!! If I can afford plane tickets tho... sad face.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Smash tournament on the East Side, finally. I know PLENTY of people that would be interested. Lots of great players on our side of the state. I will definitely be there and I know at least a dozen people who are coming with.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I started a trend. :"D

I'll definitely try to come.

I can bring a Wii... MAAAAAYBE a TV.

CT has like four tournaments a month. Yessss!

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I'll definitely be going to this, living on the north side makes all tourneys like 1h+ from me. Count me in! BTW cat fight mm mm mm mm mm real soon kthx :)

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I'll try to go to this as long as there's no closer tournies on the same day. I'll be brining a Wii if I come.

Cort

Apple Head
Change this to a week before if you don't want me attending or the week after if you do want me attending, DM has had this date for XIIesticle for a few months :x

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
I am thinking about it. If I'm able to go I would be able to bring possibly 1-3 Wii's and 1-2 TV's + my cuz and a friend. Lemme talk to them first about it. :D

Chum

Smash Apprentice
If you can bring TV's/Wii's just send me a pm please. Makes it easier for me. I like "definitely" over "possibly", just so ya know, because early notice is better.

pKNeM

Smash Cadet
I'll prolly attendand if so I'll bring a wii..as with shanus will update otherwise.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, looks like i'll only be here is soemone from mass can give me a ride. I'll split gas!

Top Bottom