• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/28/08 GameBreakers and Team DAMD present: Last Saturday Monthly Brawl

Ruuku

Smash Lord
GameBreakers and Team DAMD present: Last Saturday Monthly Brawl

On Saturday June 28th 2008, GameBreakers and Team DAMD will be hosting a Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournament. This event will also take place the last Saturday of every month.

3700 SW Davie Road
Davie, Fl. 33314

For directions:
-GameBreakers
(786) 303-4232
thegamebreaker@hotmail.com
Or simply look it up on mapquest/google

Additional information:
-Ruuku or Luc
(786) 269-7897
AIM: haitianhomey1012

Schedule:
-signups begin at 2pm and end 5 min. before each tournament begins
-doubles tournament will start at 3pm
-singles tournament will start at 5pm

Fees:
- all contestants will have to pay a $7 door fee (all of it going to GameBreakers)
- a $10 fee per attendee for singles (all of it going into the pot)
- a $10 fee per team member for doubles (all of it going into the pot)

Prizes:
1st=70% of pot
2nd=20% of pot
3nd=10% of pot

General rules:
- When it's your turn to play, you will be called ~3 times. If you are not present in this time or we do not hear from you as to where you are or what you're doing, we will attempt to run another match before yours. However, you risk being disqualified if there are no other matches in that round to be played.

- This is a “bring your own controller” (BYOC) tournament. We have no obligation to loan controllers, so come prepared. We're not responsible for you not having anything to play on. However, we do have rental controllers available to use for the price of $2.

Format:
Double elimination

Tournament rules, settings, and duration:

7 minute matches 3 stocks
2/3 matches
3/5 matches for Semi finals, Winner's Finals, and Loser's Finals
4/7 matches for Grand Finals
Items turned off
Loser chooses stage-> winner picks character-> loser picks character

Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville

Counterpick stages: Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

I will consider your opinions of the legal stages so let me know what you think.

Miscellaneous information:
- the entrance fee allows you to play at GameBreakers after the tournament.
- GameBreakers has Wii’s, PS3’s, Xbox 360’s, and computers to play on
- GameBreakers also has beverages and snacks for sale.

Please let me know if you will attend the event, even if uncertain. I need to keep track of the number of potential attendees.

Attendance:
1. Ruuku
2. Jin
3. 8-Bit
4. Disastorm
5. Zoo
6. Linguini
7. Lambchops
8. FlatSoda
9. Coselm
10. chckn
11. Gino
12. Jinkiees
13. chckn's friend 1
14. chckn's friend 2
15. StripesOrBars
16. The King Of Hearts
17. The King Of Hearts' friend
18. The King Of Hearts' friend
19. The King Of Hearts' friend
20. The King Of Hearts' friend
21. The King Of Hearts' friend
22. The King Of Hearta' friend
23. Afro_Thundah
24. Ced 5000
25. Ced 5000's friend
26. AK_SMASHBROS
27. AK_SMASHBROS's friend
28. AK_SMASHBROS's friend
29. AK_SMASHBROS's friend
30. Chaz
31. Seibrik
32. HRNUT
33. GDX
34. Area locals

Also, check out these upcoming tournaments:

FIU's 2nd Smash tourney, Miami, FL 8/9/08

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008

Willvolution 2008

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Theres one issue here luke!

This is the same day as the Crew battle tourny in orlando!

FIU was planning on goin, and we were also hoping u could come and be one of the 8 reps.

so the best idea i think would be to start this next month, july 28th and follow up from there...

sorryyyy <3

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Theres one issue here luke!

This is the same day as the Crew battle tourny in orlando!

FIU was planning on goin, and we were also hoping u could come and be one of the 8 reps.

so the best idea i think would be to start this next month, july 28th and follow up from there...

sorryyyy <3
I just say the thread. I'll think about it. If anything, James can probably manage to host this tournament alone.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Hmm, does that mean the $15 dollar door fee serves to register us for the tournament and entitle us to all the other gaming services at GameBreakers?
It's actually the $5 door fee that give you time at GameBreakers. The other $10 goes into the pot.

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
I assume the overall fee will allow us to stay for the whole tournament and not just 3 hours, right? >_>

Edit: Ahh crap. I'm heading to UF before this. >_> Won't be back for 6 weeks.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I assume the overall fee will allow us to stay for the whole tournament and not just 3 hours, right? >_>
Hahaha. Of course. The owner is really cool. People usually stay around after the tournaments and play other games. There's good Halo 3 players (me...) that hang there. Some good Call of Duty 4 players as well.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol this door fee is bull****
you charge a $5 overall door fee, you shouldnt be paying 2 seperate door fees if you want to do both events.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
lol this door fee is bull****
you charge a $5 overall door fee, you shouldnt be paying 2 seperate door fees if you want to do both events.
Although you are claiming that it shouldn't be done, you haven't given a reason for it.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
i will bee attending with 2 others.
ima try to get chops to go.
Are you the Zoo that called me the other day to play some friendlies? If so, let me know if you're free sometime this week.

look at every other tournament on smashboards.
they have 1 $5 door fee, thats it, change it.
Check out these threads:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173503

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164824

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170267

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170268

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175226

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174121

These either ask for more that $5 as door fee, have a seperate door fee depending on which tournaments you enter, or keep about 30% of the tournament fee. Please let me know if you have other reasons. I've have a lot of tournament hosting experience but there always is room for improvement.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol c'mon ruuku,standard for tournaments is one $5 door fee
NO ONE should be paying another DOOR FEE to enter the another event, cuz thats not a door fee, thats a grimy fee., dont play stupid bro rofl.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i agree with linguini,

but if it's still at an arguement, why not just 7 bucks as a door fee?

7 door fee, 10 singles, 20 team (10 per teammate).

Easier?

also, delfino for counterpick!

Ruuku

Smash Lord
lol c'mon ruuku,standard for tournaments is one $5 door fee
NO ONE should be paying another DOOR FEE to enter the another event, cuz thats not a door fee, thats a grimy fee., dont play stupid bro rofl.
You say that $5 is a standard yet pretty much all other tournaments around either charge a single higher entrance fee or keep a certain part of the pot. Some don't even allow you to play doubles only without having to pay for singles. Also, remember that I do not own the place where the tournament will be located. I only am limited to giving feedback and suggestions to the owner. Of course, such suggestions should be backed up by actual facts or significant evidence. I can suggest one of two things to the owner. Either change each fee to a lower amount or change it to have one entrance of a higher amount than each individual fee.

i agree with linguini,

but if it's still at an arguement, why not just 7 bucks as a door fee?

7 door fee, 10 singles, 20 team (10 per teammate).

Easier?

also, delfino for counterpick!
Both of your requests will be considered and brought to the attention of the owner. If nobody else has an issue with Delfino Plaza as counter-pick stage, then I'll add it.

chckn

Smash Ace
You say that $5 is a standard yet pretty much all other tournaments around either charge a single higher entrance fee or keep a certain part of the pot. Some don't even allow you to play doubles only without having to pay for singles. Also, remember that I do not own the place where the tournament will be located. I only am limited to giving feedback and suggestions to the owner. Of course, such suggestions should be backed up by actual facts or significant evidence. I can suggest one of two things to the owner. Either change each fee to a lower amount or change it to have one entrance of a higher amount than each individual fee.

Both of your requests will be considered and brought to the attention of the owner. If nobody else has an issue with Delfino Plaza as counter-pick stage, then I'll add it.
yeah delfino along with a few others like castle siege, pictochat, and even jungle japes are pretty standard cps, well maybe not jungle japes but I just really love that level lol

Masky

Smash Master
None of those are standard counterpicks with the possible exception of Castle Siege, especially in Florida.

Brinstar on the other hand...

Ruuku

Smash Lord
do you still have that gay double door fee?
If I make it into a single $10 door fee, how will it be different? I'm still confused about people complaining since I've already shown that most tournament venues either have the same "door fee" as this one, or keep even more money for themselves. Anyways, I'll ask tonight about it.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol $5 door fee is standard dude, stop trying to play dumb.
Ill def be at this full force, I got my act together in this game and ill be playing as gay as humanely possible on saturday.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
lol $5 door fee is standard dude, stop trying to play dumb.
My level of intelligence is completely irrelevant to this issue. I've already shown proof backing up my opinion on the matter to GameBreakers' owner. The thing is that when he reads posts like your last, he is likely to think that there is no reason to change the fees since there isn't actual standard fee on these forums, as they range from $5 to $10. As I've just posted today, I will discuss the matter again with him tonight.

Ill def be at this full force, I got my act together in this game and ill be playing as gay as humanely possible on saturday.
You still play DK though, right?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Also, before I talk to the owner, my idea was to have a single $7 dollar entrance fee for each player. Then an additional tournament fee (going to the pot) of $10 for singles and/or $20 for each team. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom