• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

upstate SC brawl tournament (june 28th)

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Thats right a tournament in South Carolina. Conveniently located between NC and GA.

South Carolina always needs more tournaments and as I'm tired of having to drive to GA for tournaments I figured its only logical to host my own. This tournament will be hosted from my apartment. I should have at least four stations but if anyones willing to bring a tv or wii that'd be great. If you do plan to bring a tv or wii contact me ahead of time so I can account for it.

Address -

391 Cross Creek Rd
Central, SC 29630

Apartment 391 D

Any questions -

e-mail me at:
pisces2209@hotmail.com

or just post in this thread.

Time -

Registration starts at 12 PM.
Doubles starts at 1 PM.
Singles will start 30 minutes after doubles finish.

Entry Fee -

$10 for singles.
$20 dollars per team for doubles.

Prize Distribution -

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Tournament format -

Double Elimination
All matches are 3 stocks with a 7 minute time limit
Items are OFF. No smash balls.

Stage Selection:

- After characters are chosen for the first match, both players can restrict one stage for the duration of the set. Random select stages can be knocked out. Stages knocked out do not carry over to continuation sets.
- Unless all players can agree on a stage, the first stage of a regular set will be randomly selected.
- After each match, the loser of the match can counterpick with a legal stage or elect to go random before characters are chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.

Character Selection:

- A double blind pick may be called for the first game of a set.
- After each match, the loser may pick the next stage (or go random). After this decision is made, the winner of the previous match may change characters. Afterwards, the loser of the previous match may change characters.

Other rules:
- If sudden death is forced because time runs out the win goes to the player with the most stocks. If stocks are even the win goes to the player with the lower percent.
- If sudden death is forced by a suicide move such as ganondorfs over b then the game will go to the player who forced the sudden death.

banned glitches:
laser lock

Stages -

Neutral:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Lylat cruise

Counter Stage List:

Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Luigi’s Mansion
Brinstar
Corneria

Banned:
pictochat
Pokemon stadium 2
Hanenbow
Onett
Green greens
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Drive
WarioWare, Inc.
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
Skyworld
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Big Blue
norfair
jungle japes
pictochat

Note:
The rules aren't set in if people want something changed with the rules (especially the rule about forced sudden death as I like the rule but its not very standard) its very possible. Hopefully NC, SC and GA players will be able to make this if not even a larger range. If you need housing contact me and we can probably work something out. Also there will be friendlies of brawl and melee as late as people want.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Stage beefs:
Go all the way with your crazy stages if you want to use them. :p
Make Green Greens, Port Town Aero Drive, and Pirate Ship legal counter picks.
Either do that, or ban Corneria, Norfair, Japes, and Pictochat.
One or the other, d00d. ;o

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Ok, screw green greens, no matter what.
It always has been, and always will be- a dumb stage.

I hate Port town personally, but I won't ***** about it- its close enough to mute city's format so I think its a viable counterpick

Pirate ship? >.>

Also I think Mario circuit is usually a counterpick.

Screw pictochat- dumb stage, totally based on random occurences.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Stage beefs:
Go all the way with your crazy stages if you want to use them. :p
Make Green Greens, Port Town Aero Drive, and Pirate Ship legal counter picks.
Either do that, or ban Corneria, Norfair, Japes, and Pictochat.
One or the other, d00d. ;o
I think green greens and port town are both awful maps. Green greens because its annoying. Port town the moving stage doesn't have ledges you can grab to so it heavily favors some recoveries while destroying the others and the cars kill you at a relatively low percent (you can see them coming in most spots but not one and thats enough). Pirate ship I could see as legal although I've heard of some really stupid things happening on that map like lucas can camp the water force you to approach him with his up b then spike you when you do try to fight him.

I took my list primarily from a list on all is brawl but then changed it depending on my personal preference and what people were saying. In retro spect I think norfair and japes should be banned... so I'm banning them. Corneria and pictochat are both playable as a counterpick. Pictochat has the randomness going against it but still its a flat platform with ledges that aren't as bad as final d's. Corneria just has weird kill boundaries.

I'll still consider revising the list if I change anything else I'll mention it.

edit: I almost forgot. I would have mario circuit on but if a giant penguin grabs you there you automatically lose a stock and that doesn't really seem legit.

double edit: picto banned be happy.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
bump

Also I decided to get rid of the door fee. So don't expect anything better then water to drink.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Gah! I can't make it. Summers are so bad for me and tournaments. I know exactly where that is, too. It's almost like a second home to me!

I'll guess I'll have to enjoy my summer by means other than Brawl until the Fall comes. Anyways, good luck to everyone who's going to be there. See you in the Fall!

BEHR

Smash Hero
PP You better win.

Represent that NC.

And good Job winning the Raleigh Tourney. o;

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
How many people are going to this?
I'm expecting about 5-10 people from SC to make it. I'm going to a GA tourny this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to rally some GA people but about 2-10 from there is my guess atm. Then I never can find any North Carolina tournaments so I really don't know from there.

so I'm expect anywhere between 10-25 people.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks BEHR, it sure was porbably the hardest thing that I've ever done in smash yet(up there with do a Melee tourney set with that LoZR beast).
Ryanarius: Alright, I appreciate the estimate. There was just a NC tourney in Raleigh last weekend with 15 people participating, and about 10 more there for fun. I don't know how many will be willing to travel. I should be able to make it to this though. It'll be fun to see Yayuhz and TRC again.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Desu and I should be there. Thats about all I can really say though, georgians aren't big fans of brawl.

But Desu and I will definitely come by to pick up our teams paycheck!;)

/End trashtalk

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Its not looking like it'll be that big I'm guessing 10-15 now. If not that many people show up I may change the format to round robin.

If nothing else I'll be up for a handful of money matches I'm sure others will be too.

Edit: Actually I'm thinking if the entrants are under 16 we'll do swiss format. Thats basically first round will be seeded by location then people who win will play other people who have won and people who lose will play other people who have lost. Then next round people of similar records will again play and so on for 5 rounds.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I have a capture card so we can just record with that.

edit: I probably overuse the edit feature. If you want to bring your recording stuff we can record twice as much but we need tv's and wii's more.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Actually, I can bring both recording stuff and a TV+a Wii. That's all I got. Good enough?
Edit will there be a crew battle (Melee or Brawl) at this? I have yet to be in one.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I can bring both recording stuff and a TV+a Wii. That's all I got. Good enough?
Edit will there be a crew battle (Melee or Brawl) at this? I have yet to be in one.
I don't have crew battles planned but if everyone is up for one I'd be more then willing to host it as a tournament. Otherwise you could probably just money match crew battles.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
DR PEEPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't recognize me now, but you may know me by the name of HOLYMARTH007! You're coming to this?! Dude I am also! MARIO DITTOS MARIO DITTOS MARIO DITTOS MARIO DITTOS

Also I main Peach in Brawl. Play her and feel the wrath of her Dress! :3.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Suuup dude!!! Brawl or Melee Mario dittos? I don't care, Mario is too good in both games! LoZR has helped me(I Mario dittoed him 7 times in a row), and now I am better than ever! So let's go!
Peach;s dress scares me cuz that's where I heard the Toads come from.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
YOU HERD RITE!

My Mario in melee is mad rusty due to not playing Melee for a while now but if you'll sit down and play melee with me I'll start coming back. I don't really use Mario in Brawl but for a while I tried to learn him so I got the gist of him. We totally have to have Melee mario dittos, then have Brawl mario dittos and laugh at the difference.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Don't worry, you're beastly Melee Mario skills will return in no time.
Agreed, comparing Melee to Brawl matches is always fun.
Also, I miss your hat. Do you have a Peach dress now? Gotta get into character you know.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
LOL

I still wear the mushroom hat. I actually have a Pink shirt with a skull on it. So I just put the two together.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Just when I thought you couldn't have a cooler outfit, you go and do this to me!
Uhhh, but I guess to stay slightly on topic, who are you teaming with?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah man! You saw us at that Raleigh tournament, and we've both gotten better since then. I say that we will place at least. I'm also trying to get LoZR to let us use the "NC Catfish" team name to show that NC don't play. We all know that the Catfish is the toughest fish, he has a moustache.

Malk

Smash Champion
I give you official permission to be team catfish in accordance with section 314.8 of the NC rulez of SMASH

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks Malk, you're the most knowledgable NC smasher fo sho. Thanks for that. We will rep NC, don't worry.
Good job on 1000 post count.

Top Bottom