• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Jump w/ bair and nair!!!!! *update* can be done w/ all aerials and video

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Ok so I've known this for about a few days now, but I wasn't sure if I was just dreaming or something. But I finally confirmed it for myself in training mode.
ALSO please go to tactical discussion for a better explanation for why this works.

As the title says, Marth can do an infinite jump w/ the bair and nair. This is like bowser's infinite jump. However, the timing is MUCH more difficult. I can do it semi-consistently w/ the bair but w/ the nair I have not gotten the timing down. Anyway when I did this I was at 2/3 speed.

So this is how I did it at 2/3 speed. First I SH bair. Then I use my double jump right before I hit the ground. Now right before I reach the apex of my double jump I do a bair. Then I am able to double jump again before I hit the ground.

If you don't get it at first don't frustrated the timing is ridiculously weird. For the nair I haven't figured out the timing yet, so I won't post anything but essentially its the same as the bair. Also just saying right now, if you guys figure out a better timing method for any of these plz post them.

*update* found to work w/ fair also
And tactical discussion forums have shown it is possible w/ all aerials
thank you samurai panda
*update* video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dDtVaWjIys

Now in terms of usefulness, right now I would say its too hard to time to be useful, but just like all the other infinite jumps it could make an awesome mindgame. I also think this has some combo potential as you will be able to do another aerial immediately after w/o landing. I'm thinking bair to fair, maybe? bair to uair? who knows there are many possibilities. Anyway this will have an interesting effect in improving marth's gameplay although it might be too difficult to time.

Interesting property is the fact that this infinite jump can be done w/ two aerial contrary to all the others which use only one move. Also I don't know how the tipper stun effect will have on the timing.

Disclaimer: I searched the forums and I've seen nothing about this, so I'll take credit if it hasn't been discovered already. Also I can not take videos, I have no such recording device so it would be helpful if one of guys could post a video and I'll put it in the OP. Also this is not bair/nair then buffering two jumps upon landing.

I'll say again if you guys figure out better timing methods for both the bair and nair infinite jump in 1x speed then post them.

Discuss.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I know this works but the timing for this is ridiculous. Again please post better timing methods if you find one that works for you.

Fatalized

Smash Apprentice
awesome...i think we should call this the Dash Dance :)
Rename thread!!!! lol and i can find out the timing for this dun wrry...

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Wave cancel L Dash Dancing Grab Wall SFFL Pwn for name????

Someone please vid this this sounds awesome for marth!

3xSwords

Smash Lord
xMiMix srry but I don't got wifi
I need a stupid adapter but I don't have that yet.
You will have to replay one yourself or someone.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Yes, now post a vid so I can put it in the OP. Also FF'ing the bair seems difficult, but as long as you got it that's great.

∫unk

Smash Master
I may try to practice this after crews and the tourney tonight... why does this only work with b-air and n-air? It would be so good with f-air too...

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
if marth could do this out of a shfairx2 then it could link to another shfairx2 better.
i think it'd be good around 50% on midweights? not sure.
i'd practice this right now but i have some other important work.

to understand better what aerials give infinite jumps, why does this happen? what tricks the game into thinking you landed? why does this only work with nair and bair, why not fair as well?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
@icraq who knows why it happens it just does. For bowser it worked b/c his sideB made it so that the game thought Bowser was touching the ground when he wasn't. So I guess you could say the same principle might apply here. Still don't why it works.

Go ask m2k or samurai panda lol

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
im going into traning mode right now. lol marth will be that much more ownage. if i do it like 5 times ill record it

thanks for the tip OP

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I did this and thought I was dreaming too.

Gazebo

Smash Rookie
This also works with fair, and I personally found it easier to get the fair to work than the bair or nair. This was in 1x time.

In addition, your jump height does not matter, theres a specific frame (may be two, but the difficulty of successfully pulling this off leads me to believe that its one frame) during which pulling out the attack allows you to jump before hitting the ground.

You cant press jump too early or you wind up hitting the ground and doing a regular jump. If you press jump right before hitting the ground, it either works or you do your "second jump" off the ground. It's really weird but the animation of the second jump plays and you cant jump again, but the jump comes off of the ground if you miss the "sweet" frame by a little.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
This also works with fair, and I personally found it easier to get the fair to work than the bair or nair. This was in 1x time.

In addition, your jump height does not matter, theres a specific frame (may be two, but the difficulty of successfully pulling this off leads me to believe that its one frame) during which pulling out the attack allows you to jump before hitting the ground.

You cant press jump too early or you wind up hitting the ground and doing a regular jump. If you press jump right before hitting the ground, it either works or you do your "second jump" off the ground. It's really weird but the animation of the second jump plays and you cant jump again, but the jump comes off of the ground if you miss the "sweet" frame by a little.
Epic 1st post. So it does work with fair then, do you have a vid by chance?

Gazebo

Smash Rookie
Epic 1st post. So it does work with fair then, do you have a vid by chance?
Sorry to say that I don't, but I got it to work like this:

Do a short hop, double jump when close to the ground, but going forward, like a forward jump. Do a fair a little bit before the peak, and then maneuver back to your starting position and try to jump again near the ground.

I mean, it worked for me maybe 2 in 100 tries, but it's something.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I'm starting to get the feeling that this might be possible with all aerials. O.o Maybe we should move this to the tactical discussion boards and see what they make of it.

Also has nobody else got a replay of them doing it? B/c I don't have a recording device or wifi so I can't do anything to show real proof, so it would be nice if somebody can finally record themselves. I really don't want this thread to be viewed as one of those rick roll ones. Those are just too bad.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, this "glitch" only works when you're above ground.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol we should call it:
infinitejumpw/bai/nair/fair
what difference does this have than normal jumping
is it something to do with lag?

Top Bottom