• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its been nearly 6 months since release! Who is your main or favorite char so far?

Who is your main or favorite char so far?

• Mario

Votes: 54 2.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Bowser

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 39 1.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 65 2.6%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Wario

Votes: 67 2.7%
  • Link

Votes: 57 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 95 3.8%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 105 4.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 78 3.1%
  • Pit

Votes: 68 2.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 40 1.6%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 69 2.8%
  • Kirby

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 124 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 77 3.1%
  • Olimar

Votes: 73 2.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 50 2.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 100 4.0%
  • Wolf

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 2.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 49 2.0%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 111 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 17 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 153 6.2%
  • Ike

Votes: 106 4.3%
  • Ness

Votes: 58 2.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 82 3.3%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • Snake

Votes: 94 3.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This thread is just to tell everyone who your main is, discuss why your main is awesome, and tell us why you chose who you did. I know many people have probably changed their minds a few times in the nearly 4 months since the game's release, so lets see how this new poll turns out!

Here is the old thread for comparison: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154779

Also, sorry that there aren't different choices for ZSS and Sheik, 35 options is the maximum for the polls.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ZSS all da way.

I started out as Peach, who was my Melee main, but was very displeaased with the way she handled when I played a Smash scrub who couldn't take a stock off of me in Melee and almost beat me with his Meta Knight. I tried out a bunch of characters, and settled on ZSS. I like the almost-getting-combos feel she has.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I think Lucario is my guy. I'm still better with Lucas atm, but I have a feeling that will suffer in the long run due to his little grab gimp. Lucario is the character I play next to most as.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Snake, Fox, Or Dedede, because I have learned to use them and have had a lot of fun with them.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Yoshi. He was hard to adjust to from Melee at first but now I think I'm a lot better with Brawl Yoshi than Melee Yoshi.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Still Fox.Hes is awesome and very fun to play as.Marth,Falco,Snake and Wario are close seconds.
BTW,Snake its going to have A LOT of votes now...

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
First Pit on the list.

I decided to main Pit back in december if he fit my style. He did, very well. In Melee I mained Marth, but enjoyed Young Link more. Pit is everything awesome about Young Link, plus more weight, better recover, more tricks, and Gliding.

tyrone

Smash Rookie
My FAV newcomer is wario cause he's deceptively fast and he has the bike.....nuff said!!
MY FAV returning character is marth only reason is because he didn't get axed like some of the other characters.

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
I like to play as all 39 for the most part, but still Bowser. He's so **** fun to fight as, not to mention the koopa klaw is the best move in the game.

Pi

Smash Hero
As of now I no longer have a main, it's either Random or Samus. I don't reckon I'll chose another character.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I was thinking you'd make a new poll like this >_>.

My main is Sonic now, partially because of my fanboyism, partially because he's the most fun character I have playing, and partially because of his side taunt.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Olimar all the way. There is no greater satisfaction then beating somebody with a 30cm astronaught.

But Yoshi is a close seond for sure

Falcon...Puuunch!

Smash Cadet
I started out pretty indecisive, just choosing a character at random every time. However, I grew to like Lucas and Ness's Versatility so now I'm maining them. They fit my playstyle perfectly.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Still deciding between Zelda, Lucario and Zamus.
Zelda has no air game, Lucario is predictable, and Zamus just moves and attacks so much different from both Zelda and Lucario that I'd have to main her and her alone.

:dizzy:

Grandeza

Smash Master
I started as Diddy Kong. I loved his style and fast attack speed. Nanners were just so much fun to work with. I was also decent with Snake and Dedede. After a month or two, I started to get bored. I tried out a bunch of others and moved to Wario. At first he was my secondary but he's so much fun to play as. I was better with Diddy but I use Wario 95% of the time. I' sure in 2 months I shall have moved on to another character.

Adapt

Smash Lord
My vote is for ZSS not Samus...

I also use Marth and Zelda a lot, but they just aren't as fun to play.
These 3 were some of the characters I tried out at first along with Ganon, Jiggs, Wolf, Peach, Pit, Lucario and Ike.

I dropped Wolf, Ike, and Pit pretty quickly, with Ganon, Jiggs, and Lucario leaving not much later. I still use Ganon, Jiggs, and Lucario for fun matches because they are very interesting characters.

Recently I picked up GW and Diddy because I like their air games.

I think it's good to have some skill with all character's so even if I don't like them, I still use Random a lot

Edit: lol at peach pit

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
After piling through numerous characters (D3, snake, GaW, Poketrainer, Wario), I've finally decided to main Metaknight. He has speed, priority, and range. Perfect for my playstyle.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
One for Yoshi

I main Yoshi (At least for now) When Brawl first came out I was using Peach, but I just don't like her at all in Brawl and am very disappointed in her nerfs. I knew I had to switch so I went to Diddy and was doing good with him for awhile until my air game got horrible and too predictable. Now I'm Yoshi because he's got fast air speed, powerful moves that rack up damage fast, excellent aerial attacks, and lastly can be very evasive. I guess the part of my game I need the most in Smash Bros are characters that can hover or float in the air for evasive and attack purposes.

boshi2161

Smash Rookie
I main sonic and yoshi, and I'll probobly vote for whoever needs my vote the most. If it's about even after a while, I'll vote yoshi since i think I may like him more. It's a bit unfair though since I've been maining yoshi since the original, i've had TONS of practice with him.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I first mained Falco. Then I went to Wolf. Then ROB. Now I main Snake.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I am amazed that nobody has chosen Wolf yet (even thoguh its only been a few hours) and totally unsurprised by the currently leading (and probably forever leading) Metaknight.

Im a Lucario man myself. Though it was tough to pick between him and DK.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Back in melee it was all Marth for me, seriously if I played any other char I would get gimped.... by lvl 9s... >.>

Anyway I knew I wanted someone who's playstyle would be a whole lot different (keep in mind I had no idea what Marth's meta was) so I picked DDD from day one and have stuck with him. Why DDD? Why the **** not?! Chaingrab, gimp with bair, his Utilt pwns, his Ftilt pwns, his regicide is just plain unpredictable and funny, and he taunts like a champion (honestly, slap your belly after a victory and tell me you're not satisfied). Despite being the ruler of a kingdom and being a top tier smasher in brawl he knows how to chill *refers to DDD crouch*

LEGND

Smash Rookie
I have to go with Snake on this one. Once you know how to use him, it's just ridiculous how good he is. And his F-tilt is so effective it's an abomination against humanity. :laugh:

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I'm surprised, but I really picked up Falco. I find that his attacks have a bit more punch than Fox's, and the shine kick is a great use of that particular item. After that, Luigi is also pretty fun to play as due to his awesome aerial game.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
I would actually recommend adding the option of voting "Random" up there. Random has its own character slot on the select screen. My character icon is random. We like Random, we like Random. Seriously, i still like random at this point, so please i vote random.

Genoisdabest

Smash Cadet
I starting maining wolf at first then I moved on to Snake, and then i found myself ending up on Ganon, I wanted to find a character to get good with that no one else really used that much..

Now with Ganon i had gotten better by utilizing his down B more, it ending up helping me allot in the long run... ^^

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
I chose Link

The Legend of Zelda is my favorite game series
Link is just cool like that
My top mains are on my Sig

Too many meta-knights

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
I like Wolf because of his ability to overpower opponents and keep them off stages. Wolf is considered just above an average character despite his deficiencies.

Jkr4u

Smash Rookie
I would say Toon Link but i kinda changed over to Marth im still not sure. :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom