• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

she only gets better - combo vid teaser

Jasona

Smash Ace
EDIT#2 -> v3 is up. still a teaser. closer to a real vid though. gotta work on the presentation and the combo diversity
she only gets better v3

EDIT -> new vid, still a teaser. unless you consider just undr 2min a decent combo vid length. plus, there is no music or title/end screens. i'll continue updating this one until it is a decent vid
she only gets better v2

she only gets better
there wasn't enough footage for a real combo vid... or music. like the title says, she only gets better from this point on. there is still a tremendous amount left to discover and i have a long list of "accidents" to practice that can make her much better. keep your hopes up. shes getting there

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I came.
Good work.
I saw.

I concurred.

D-air, jab, d-smash (d-tilt). 'Twas epic! (With the use of d-tilt, if used properly, your opponent will be at 32%.)

I added it to my favorites for my YouTube account so that I can go back and incorporate these useful attack methods just in case I forget.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Wow.. realized how slow and boring my Samus is after seeing that.
Same. But then most of the other Samus vids do the same. But that just reflects on my skill so either way that was some great stuff Jasona. Can't wait for the finished project. And yeah nice work with grabbing. I need to incorporate it more in my game. Has anyone else seen that thread about "Reverse Grab Boosting?" Here's the link just incase anyone needs it, though it's been updated in a compilation of AT's under the technical discussions:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169086

Basically I want to get more experienced players' opinion on this. Apparently the people who tested this say Samus is one the charaters who benefits from this. From my efforts I've gotten some small slides, although I think longer than what they have in their vids, although not much. Or is this also good for Samus since she has a ranged grab?

I think this could be a good defense against other's approaches. Like Dash away from opponent then pivot grab while still sliding backwards. Could help spacing the grabs maybe? Oh and though I think it says it in the thread, what makes this different (better?) than pivot grabbing is that it can be done before the dash animation begins.

So any ideas on how viable/beneficial this can be for Samus?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Cool vid. I think the most important thing (for me) that I got out of it is how big dtilt's hitbox is vertically. You're hitting pit while he's not on the ground several times with that. I'm afraid I'm going to have to steal this ;)

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Cool vid. I think the most important thing (for me) that I got out of it is how big dtilt's hitbox is vertically. You're hitting pit while he's not on the ground several times with that. I'm afraid I'm going to have to steal this ;)
You both got robbed! I'm stealing that with Ike lawlz :laugh:

...but seriously that was definitely mad Melee...except for the zairs of course but the speed definitely reminded me of how fast and fluid she was in Melee.

Hive

Smash Lord
O.o really impressive! How hard do you think it would be to incorporate these combos into regular gameplay though? Or are they situational? You don't seem to use them much in the games vs undrdog is why I'm asking...

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Awesome vid, I would just suggest having more than just Samus Vs Pit though. Aside from that, I like how you use the grab mixed with short hopping to start a combo.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's not so much that he doesn't use them, it's more accurate to say I am scared of them and I make sure he can't use them. lol

Autx

Smash Cadet
I added some music to your teaser vid jasona, to spice it up. Kind of a hack job (poorer vid quality, and a tag at the top of the screen) but it flows pretty nicely and even syncs up with some of the fighting.
The song is "tunnel theme" from Metroid 2 by Metroid Metal, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_-d44mUH1Q

Jasona

Smash Ace
I added some music to your teaser vid jasona, to spice it up. Kind of a hack job (poorer vid quality, and a tag at the top of the screen) but it flows pretty nicely and even syncs up with some of the fighting.
The song is "tunnel theme" from Metroid 2 by Metroid Metal, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_-d44mUH1Q
wow. music makes a big difference in presentation. thanks

Autx

Smash Cadet
No problem Jasona, can't wait to see the complete version when your done.

Jasona

Smash Ace
No problem Jasona, can't wait to see the complete version when your done.
i don't think it'll ever be complete. i'm going to add to everytime i get some new or better footage. it'll probably get a huge upgrade when i finally get back to the tournament scene and combo some non-pits. i'm confident that most of these combos will work against most of the cast
just finished a session with undr. ridiculous amounts of new combos happened. i won't be able to incorporate any of it into the vid until the next time i head his way. although i may be able to get undr to pull the clips
one combo that i managed to pull off and capture today was the pop em in the air (DA, unfinished fair or whatever else) and repeatedly jab them until they DI away, then end with a dtilt. i'm certain i can get in 5 - 7 jabs, but i panicked today and only used 3. it lasts especially long when the opponent gets popped over the ledge. the jab has ridiculous range. opportunities for this combo come up much more frequently than i originally thought
also got a few amazing ledge combos. drop down off the screen below my opponent nad jump to up+b, ledge grab cancel to uair/fair to whatever is appropriate for the opps damage %

undr and i started playing on more platformed levels today and samus has massive combos with platforms. it became very rare for me to do less than 2-hit attacks. everything seemed to chain. i'm excited. crazy things are happening now that i've stepped up my game

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's true for the most part. His Samus is starting to remind me more and more of his Melee Samus. His speed is rivaling my Pit.

isingh262

Smash Rookie
Excellent

Wow~~~

Really great work. You're the first Samus player I've seen to utilize the Jab Cancel so effectively.

Top Bottom