• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Weeklies (Next: Friday Nov. 28)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I am bringing these back and remembering to update the post in advance. Hooray!

We will be playing both Melee and Brawl, but I only have one setup of each so people should definitely bring them. And TV's.

Next: Friday November 28 at 4PM

You can reach me at 513-907-9017 if you need any help.

Parking will work as usual... in UC's garages or on the street. I have a parking lot across the street, but seeing as there are many tenants who park there I'll ask everyone to avoid that unless they're not planning on staying long.

Everyone will get to check out my new place if they haven't already. We've got a lot more room here so it will be much more ideal for the festing. Hope to see everyone there. Lates.

EVENTS FOR THIS WEEK:

Since we may be having a decent out-of-town crowd I'll be trying to do some actual stuff this week. This is all subject to time constraints and setup restraints of course, but I think we'll likely have 20-ish people max so it shouldn't be too difficult to get through all of it:

-Brawl Singles ($5 entry)
-Melee Singles ($5 entry)
-Free Brawl Crew Battle (For Pie!!!)

*Rules:

Brawl Singles:
*$5 entry
* 3 Stock, 8 minutes
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Best of 3, finals best of 5.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by coin flip
*Stage strike format will be used for the first match, following 1,2,2,1 turn order, following the selection of characters.
*Each player receives one counterpick stage ban which they may declare at any point before the stage for the second match is decided. This does not negate the chosen Starter stage.
* The loser of the previous match chooses his counterpick stage before the winner picks is character. The loser then chooses his own character.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned.

Stage Lists:
Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter:
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Port Town Aero Dive

Banned:
Everything Else

*Depending on the turnout I'll likely just make this winner-take-all, but payouts to 2nd and 3rd may be possible, in which case 3rd will get their entry fee back and the rest of the pot will be split 70-30.

Melee Singles:
*$5 entry
* Items are set to off
* 4 stock, 8 minutes
* Best of 3, finals best of 5.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by coin flip
* Each player recieves a stage ban which they may declare at any point before the first match begins. If the random stage turns out to be a banned stage, the match must be restarted.
* The loser of the previous match chooses his counterpick stage before the winner picks is character. The loser then chooses his own character.
* No player may choose a stage they've already won on in the current set
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Random Stage List:
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Poke Floats
Corneria
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

Banned Stage List:
Everything Else

*Prizes will be given the same treatment as Brawl Singles, unless the number of entrants is significantly smaller in which case we'll make it winner-take-all.

Free Brawl Crews (For Pie!!!):

*We'll divide everyone into crews of at least 4 starters (3 stocks each)-- likely NE OH vs Cincinnati-- and stragglers may be allowed as substitutes (1 substitution per 4 starters). If we have enough people we may have a round-robin of more than 2 crews.

*Each player must write down their character selection before the crew battle begins. This is the character you must play throughout the whole battle.

*Each crew's opening player will be decided double-blind, and these two will choose the first stage through stage-strikes just like Brawl singles.

*When a crew sends a new player in, they can opt to either choose a counterpick stage-- in which case the opponent may change his character--or use stage strikes from the Starter list to determine the next stage. This decision should probably be made before the new player reveals his character choice, but if you mess it up that's your problem. :p

*General rules and stage lists are the same as Brawl Singles.

*There will be no cash prize for this, but I will be purchasing a pie, likely of the pumpkin variety but I'm open to suggestions, and this will go to the winning crew.

Yes, that's right. Pie. I can house, and there will be frickin PIE! Now there can be no johns for not coming to this.

clowsui

Smash Legend
way to step up Doctor X!
anyways next wednesday is perfect, as i will have finished my last real exam by then!
so hopefully my parents won't be too paranoid ;) but who knows...for all i know they might stick around for a bit or something :/

Doctor X

Smash Lord
way to step up Doctor X!
anyways next wednesday is perfect, as i will have finished my last real exam by then!
so hopefully my parents won't be too paranoid ;) but who knows...for all i know they might stick around for a bit or something :/
That's cool if they want to. My house is just down the street from Q's, though I'm not sure if you've been there before.The only thing they'd really need to worry about is the city itself... It's kind of a crappy place what with all the parties going on all around, which might even happen on Wednesdays. We won't be involved in those, but I can see how it might give them a bad impression.

I can give them my personal guarantee that there won't be any heavy drinking or drugs there. I'm not into that stuff myself and it's pretty much unheard of in my apartment.

e__

Smash Ace
YES!

I'll see if I can start coming. Maybe not next Wednesday, but any time I can I'll see if I can make it.

I'm still sort of young too, so my parents might want to talk to you about who's there, etc, but I'll go if you want.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Me and a friend will most definitely go once I get back from OSU.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Make this go on late cause I work until probably 11-1130. If you guys are lucky I might be able to bring pizza afterwards. Pizza pizza.

clowsui

Smash Legend
don't you normally work on the weekend Q?
regardless are we only going to have like 4-5 ppl there? no problem with it at all but seems rather small, the amount XD

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
Hey gents,

I'm not sure yet if I'll have that Wednesday free, but if I do I'd like to try and show up (assuming the event is open to all). To be clear, are we playing Melee or Brawl?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hey gents,

I'm not sure yet if I'll have that Wednesday free, but if I do I'd like to try and show up (assuming the event is open to all). To be clear, are we playing Melee or Brawl?
I'll be playing Brawl mostly. Everyone's welcome to bring/play whatever they want, though, and I'll probably play some Melee myself since Overswarm's not here to give me **** for it for a couple weeks. :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
Ah....
Man, everyone who is amazing at this game and lives in Cincinnati is not coming or coming reaaaallly late (i.e. Q, who doesn't normally even have work on the weekdays). The only person who is potentially coming within my staying period is Kel. DIS SUX :<

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Me and smash64 will most likely come. We would like to do doubles also if we could and we would mostly be playing Brawl too. How many tvs u guys got? we can bring a wii and controllers if needed

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Well i suck at melee so no for that one lol as for brawl sure, but if I see I cant beat you im stopping giving you money ^.^

smash64

Smash Champion
yeah me and infern are coming for sure i was thinking of bringing my N64 and ssb64 game to see if any one you guys are any good at that game if not then ill just keep it on my bag lol

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
They have 1 every monday and wednesday. I would rather go to this guys house since its closer to me and dont have a ride to newport

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol are there a whole bunch of nubs there?

If everyone decides to stay at UC then I guess my friend(s) and I will come to X's.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I think I'll be going to Game City tonight. As for wednesday, well... you know where I'll be.

Smashfests are just as important to the community as these tiny tournaments if you ask me... Plus I didn't really enjoy the Melee GC tournament I was at so I'm a little hesitant to give them my money again. Hopefully Brawl will be better since we won't have to deal with TV lag and whatnot.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Last wednesday it was cancelled cause not enough people came. Dont know about now but I would rather go to X's house since its convinient for me. I live close by and I think is will be more fun

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm going to try and attend this. The only thing that would keep me away is my own inability to drive downtown. I hate one way streets!

Edit: Also, what/where is Game City? I'd like to start supporting local tournys, but I don't know of any.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Wow, looks like I should definitely come to this!

We have, for 90% sure:
1. Doc X (Pit)
2. Kel (MK)
3. clowsui (me; Falco)
4. pukanecklace (my friend; Wario)
5. Infern Angelis
6. smash64
7. Lavos
8. Quivo (TL; but he's coming like SUPER LATE >=(
and another friend of mine - Burned (TL) on maybe. That's a decent turnout! On the maybe list also is Antinegative and e____ (Marth).

Also who wants me to record vids? If you have a tripod we could do it; just give us some DVC/miniDV tapes if you want us to record for more than an hour.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
For right now, the Newport ones aren't doing too hot, but the new GC manager has really stepped it up and there'll be a lot of advertisement for the Newport tournies that I'm hosting.

It's not every Mon. and Wednesday. Just every Wednesday, and when that can't work due to scheduling conflicts, then we do one Monday, like we did tonight.
That was because I'll be out of town for graduation vacation until next Monday. But I'll be back for the 28th tourny, and by then, the rules for the GC tournies will be fairly set in stone. Tonights was a practice really. =P

Glad to know you guys go to Smash Boards too, that makes things easier.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
For right now, the Newport ones aren't doing too hot, but the new GC manager has really stepped it up and there'll be a lot of advertisement for the Newport tournies that I'm hosting.

It's not every Mon. and Wednesday. Just every Wednesday, and when that can't work due to scheduling conflicts, then we do one Monday, like we did tonight.
That was because I'll be out of town for graduation vacation until next Monday. But I'll be back for the 28th tourny, and by then, the rules for the GC tournies will be fairly set in stone. Tonights was a practice really. =P

Glad to know you guys go to Smash Boards too, that makes things easier.
I may be able to shift the day of these fests if conflicts arise. Let me know.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Wow, looks like I should definitely come to this!

We have, for 90% sure:
1. Doc X (Pit)
2. Kel (MK)
3. clowsui (me; Falco)
4. pukanecklace (my friend; Wario)
5. Infern Angelis
6. smash64
7. Lavos
8. Quivo (TL; but he's coming like SUPER LATE >=(
and another friend of mine - Burned (TL) on maybe. That's a decent turnout! On the maybe list also is Antinegative and e____ (Marth).
Add to that a few more confirmed and a few more maybes through facebook. This should be a more than decent turnout... I'm actually a little worried we won't have enough setups... So please bring them if you can.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Holy crap, that's like ~15 ppl now XD

I don't have a Wii, so I can't bring any setups...I don't have any TVs either. x_x;

Top Bottom