• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/20/08 Racine, WI The M.P.S Tournament

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
What: The Most Powerful Shinobi Tournament (Prep for SB3)

Date: Saturday September 20th 2008

Time: Sign Ups/Casuals are at 10AM (but really sign ups are available until your tournament starts). Tournaments begin at 11AM. No late entries allowed, period. Tekken related tournaments will start at the discrecion of the person running that tournament. PLEASE SEE TOURNAMENT TIME SCHEDULE BELOW!!!

Where:
Paul's Video Arcade
5564 Durand Avenue (North East Entrance)
Racine, WI 53406

Games Played, (platform), (who's running it):
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl a.k.a SSBB singles and teams (Wii) (Webster)
- Soul Calibur 4 a.k.a SC4 (PS3) (Webster)
- Tekken 6 (Arcade) (NappyJin)
- Arcana Heart Full (PS2) (***)
- KOF MIRA (PS2) (Webster)
- KOF 98UM (PS2) (***)
- CVS2 (PS2) (Webster)...this will be on PS2, NO Exceptions!
- Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (PS2) (***)
- Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) (***)...LOL, I know u want it on DC...well people better bring them!

(***) - this means that I would like someone to volunteer to run that tournament. but if no one volunteers to do so, I'll run it anyways.

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:

SSBB SINGLES AND SC4 STARTS AT 11AM
SSBB TEAMS AND TEKKEN 6 START AT 2PM
CVS2, STREET FIGHTER 3 3RD STRIKE, AND MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 START AT 4PM
ARCANA HEART FULL, KOF MIRA, AND KOF 98UM START AT 6PM

Fees: For all fighting games except SSBB Teams and Tekken 6 - $5 For Tournaments/ $2 Venue Fee = $7 Total (minimum)...not bad!!! SSBB Teams is $5 per team mate (lol, a huge difference...right?), so that's $10 total. Tekken 6 is $10 with a $2 door fee (subject may change without notice on the day of the tournament).

Why is there a Venue Fee? Because it pays for the space to host the tournament. The Venue Pot goes straight to Paul (owner of the arcade) and the Tournament Pot goes straight to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. I, Webster, do not take any part of the money whatsoever.

Pot Pay Out (for all games):

1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10% (3rd is for all fighting games except for Tekken 6! For Tekken 6 3rd place prize is up to the one running that tournament)

The universal rules:
- Player may map buttons as long as it's agreed upon with opponent

- This is a B.Y.O.C (Bring Your Own Controller) event. So please plan accordingly. Rules are somewhat similar to that of Melee. But since Brawl is a new game I am going to treat it as such.

- No Game Breaking Glitches that will stall, disrupt, or break the natural flow of gameplay...period! If you're caught doing this u WILL forfeit the ENTIRE MATCH and be sent to losers or taken out of the tournament.

Rules for the SSBB tournament singles (ran by Webster):
- Double Elimination Tournament
- 8 Minutes Time
- 3 Stock
- 2 out of 3 matches: Winners, Losers, W/L-Finals
- 3 out of 5 matches: Grand finals
- First stage is always "Random". Loser may counter pick stage and character. Winner may change character. Then after we go into "Dave's Stupid Rules!!!" - Mode. And most Smashers should know what that means.

Rules for the SSBB tournament teams (ran by Webster):
- Same rules as SSBB singles with the following included...team attack is on and life stealing is allowed.

Stage Specifics:

Banned Stages:
* Hannenbow
* Sky World
* Onett
* Bridge Of Eldin
* Port Town Aero Drive
* Mushromy Kingdom
* Rumble Falls
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Spear Pillar
* Wario Ware
* New York City
* Summit
* 75M
* Mario Bros.
* Flat Zone 2
* Temple
* Big Blue
* Shadow Moses Island
* Custom Stages

Default Random Stages (5):
* Battle Field
* Final Destination
* Yoshi's Island
* Lylat Cruise
* Smashville

Available for counter pick (18):
* Delfino Plaza
* Luigi's Mansion
* Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World)
* Castle Siege
* Pokemon Stadium
* Mario Circuit
* Halbred
* Jungle Japes
* Corneria
* Rainbow Cruise
* Green Hill Zone
* Brinstar
* Pictochat
* Green Greens
* Distant Planet
* Pirate Ship
* Frigate Orphen
* Norfair

Rules for the SC4 Tournament (ran by Webster):
- 3 of 5 rounds
- 2 of 3 matches: Winners, Loser, W/L-finals
- 5 of 5 matches: Grand Finals
- first stage match is random
- winner must keep character, loser may counter pick character or stage, never both.
- if u pause during gameplay u lose the round
- if u soft reset during gameplay or at all u lose the match...and everyone will point and laugh at you
- the ONLY banned character is Darth Vadar. so that means Algol, The Apprentince, and Bonus Characters are allowed. this game has been out LONG ENOUGH for people to learn how to play with/against these characters. and there have been NO game breaking features discovered with these characters. and they are in both vers. of SC4 ("PS3 and XBOX 360")...so they are in
- glitches/games freezes of any kind that disrupt the natrual flow of the game are also banned
- with Ivy, u ARE allowed to wsB (Sword Stance) juggle up to 3 times, then u are allowed to do anything there-after except another wsB. In Whip Stance, 6A+B (hold), u are allowed to do this twice. after that u are NOT allowed to do another one. but u may do a regular WS 6A+B
- with voldo, all player side related glitches are banned! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- IMPORTANT: THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE RAN ON PS3. NO XBOX 360'S WILL BE USED AT THIS TOURNAMENT PERIOD.

Rules for the Tekken 6 Tournament (ran by NappyJin):

Originally posted by Syxx
Tekken 6 rules

3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches
Winners/Losers finals 3/5 matches
Grand Finals 3/5 matches
Must keep same character if you win, stage random
These rules for Tekken 6 tournament may change if NappyJin states so...

Rules for the Arcana Heart Full tournament (ran by ***)
- Default Time
- 2 out of 3 rounds
- Arcana Heart Full Characters ONLY (AH Reg characters and Mildred are banned)
- Winner Keeps character but may change Arcana, Loser may change both.

Rules for KOF MIRA tournament (ran by Webster)
- Default Time
- 3v3 Team Battle
- Winner Keeps characters may change order. Loser may change both.

Rules for the KOF 98UM tournament (ran by ***)
- Default Time
- 3v3 Team Battle
- You may customize you Super Gauge (this will be allowed until I find out that is't really supposed to be banned)

Rules for the CVS2 (ran by Webster)
- Default Time
- 3v3 Ratio Battle
- Roll Canceling allowed
- Console ONLY characters Banned (Shin Gouki, God Rugal, Orochi Iori, and Evil Ryu)

Rules for the Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (ran by ***)
- Default Time
- 2 out of 3 rounds
- Winner Keeps character. Loser may change character.
- Gill Banned

Rules for the Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 tournament (ran by ***)
- Default Time
- 3v3 Team Battle
- Juggernaut glitch allowed
- Picking the same character in teams is banned

Okay now for those that are sadden because their beloved fighting game(s) isn't on the tournament list...we will run those games at the lock-in later on that night, the day of the tournament. I'll announce what games we'll run then, think of it like an incentive for coming.

Good luck to all who attend!

Also, Paul (owner of arcade) has announced the following:

Originally posted by Coarse (a.k.a paul):

There will be a lock-in following the day of business (on the tournamen day: 9/20/08 and will start at 8:00pm and end at 3:00am) as well. There is a $10 admission charge. There will be sammiches from Subway for everyone to snack on, and I'll make sure the snack and soda machine is well-stocked for anyone who wants to buy such things. Otherwise, bringing your own snacks is acceptable. No alcohol.

Remember that if you leave the store, you won't be allowed back in and will need to leave mall property entirely. Since you'll have to stay inside, you won't be able to smoke, so bring patches or gum or whatever you need to stay off the deathsticks for an entire evening. Anyone caught smoking in the bathroom (And you will be caught if you try it. We'll smell it almost immediately.) will be booted and not be allowed to participate in future lock-ins.
The info for the lock-in will change! I'll update it as it does.

So everyone please plan accordingly!

LG7

Smash Apprentice
lol, alright... we will sometime, I have a couple of friends that're pretty good too.
So it'd be a good time :p

and I could always use some practice against ya as well, those were some close matches.

LG7

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's good to finally be on here... and able to talk to everyone.
Tried making an account the day after the tourney... but the website wouldn't send me a verification Email until a day or 2 ago, so I wasn't able to post anything :urg:

Tapion013

Smash Lord
He said it wont be making this one, but he may just surprise us and show up anyway.
no I won't be coming, unless Webster can entice me into coming to the all you can eat buffet ;) although even if I did come for that, I will not enter the tournament, just watch and maybe play friendlies.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
no I won't be coming, unless Webster can entice me into coming to the all you can eat buffet ;) although even if I did come for that, I will not enter the tournament, just watch and maybe play friendlies.
Then u are most def coming then. :bee: Buffet...my treat. Hopefully we can get others to join us this time. But yha will have to pay for yhaselves...LOL

sorry, but I no be rollin in dough

(worst slang EVER)...:laugh:

LG7

Smash Apprentice
Then u are most def coming then. :bee: Buffet...my treat. Hopefully we can get others to join us this time. But yha will have to pay for yhaselves...LOL

sorry, but I no be rollin in dough

(worst slang EVER)...:laugh:
SSBB Tourney, and a buffet!?
****, can't go wrong there.

This is gonna be one hell of a time! :laugh:

Tapion013

Smash Lord
lol, yeah that was pretty bad slang. If you're treating though, I guess I have no choice. We'll arrange everything later though, seeing is this is 6 weeks away :-p It'll be fun to watch everyone battle it out without worrying about WHO'S FIGHTING TAPION!!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind the money, but I'd rather watch good matches instead of watch everyone worry about who's getting second :-/

LG7

Smash Apprentice
lol, yeah that was pretty bad slang. If you're treating though, I guess I have no choice. We'll arrange everything later though, seeing is this is 6 weeks away :-p It'll be fun to watch everyone battle it out without worrying about WHO'S FIGHTING TAPION!!
Hey Tapion!
So you're actually going to be there? That's cool... I want to play you some more, cause after you creamed me at the last one, I saw the point that I had to get too, and been working on trying to get there. So hopefully... I'll be able to keep up with you a bit better, and prove some type of challenge to you. :D

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Hey Tapion!
So you're actually going to be there? That's cool... I want to play you some more, cause after you creamed me at the last one, I saw the point that I had to get too, and been working on trying to get there. So hopefully... I'll be able to keep up with you a bit better, and prove some type of challenge to you. :D
yeah I'll be there, and hope to see improvement in everyone that came. Don't worry about proving a challenge to me though, that doesn't matter, just worry about improving :)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I will do the best job possible, at destroying every opponent that faces me. U will all take a knee to my POWER!!!

BLACKNESS!!!

The following message was a usless advertisement to bump this thread. Please don't be alarmed. Blks do use words they don't know. It an attempt to make their scrubbiness seem okay. This is common practice in todays world on and offline. This message has been brought to u buy www.ignorantmother****ers.com .

Thank You

LMAO :laugh:

LG7

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about you all... but I was a bigger fan of the Knee then the punch. :p
then they ruined the knee in brawl, i was so saddened.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
The first post has been updated with taking the mystery game segment out and just adding SC3 to the line up. And if we have time we will run SC2 and Naruto A2.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Top 3 in SC2:

- X
- Mitsu/Yoshi
- Cervantes

in SC3:

- X
- Sophie
- Mitsu

Rest don't matta...

And I'd be glad to MM in SC3 vs. anyone from on here...we aint playing Smash anymore...now u stepping into my game of choice...LOL! :chuckle:

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
I'll probably be going i guess, feel like i should go to atleast 1 brawl tournament to see what its about.
And Koichi says you should do SC2 instead of 3, 3 is too glitchy he says.

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
You know there's no way I'm -not- going to this. :) Ryzen and I have gotten a lot better, too! He just won the last tournament we went to up in Eau Claire (NoBrand Con). Yay. As usual, he's getting too good too quick. -_-

While on the subject of NoBrand Con, I also won that nerdy beauty contest I told some people about. :)

Judge: "Against a horde of zombies, what is your weapon of choice?"
Me: "Dude, psh. I'd be making the zombies."
Crowd: "OOOHHH!!! GOT 'EEMMM!"

'Twas fun. :) Videos will be up of the smash tourney and the contest, too. I can't wait to see you guys again! You were all awesome!

By the way, Webster, I'm going to Paul's tonight, so I may or may not see you, yeah? ^.^

<3 Faye

Top Bottom