• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike is HIGH TIER an Ike guide by comboking

comboking

Smash Master

1. TERMS OR VOCAB

jab= standard A move
ftilt= forward tilt or strong side A move
utilt=up tilt or upward strong A move
dtilt=down tilt or downward strong A move
fsmash=forward smash or side smash
usmash=up smash
dsmash=down smash
nair=neutral A arial
uair=up arial A
fair=forward arial A
bair=backwards arial A
dair=downward arial A
upb=up special
b=nuetral special
sideb=side special
downb=down special
fs=final smash

IKE'S SWORD
Ragnell, a sword blessed by the goddess, which is one of the only indestructible weapons in the series.The sword is one of only a few weapons that can damage the Black Knight's blessed armor.After their final duel, Ike continues to lead the army towards the Crimean capital and defeats Ashnard, ending the Daein occupation and allowing Elincia to take her proper place as the nation's queen.

Pros and Cons
Pros:
  • Incredibly powerful
  • Very long range on most attacks
  • Heavy
  • Neutral A combo and Side B are fast attacks that can be used to approach. Side B (Quick Draw) has incredible versatility, allowing him to perform numerous effective combos
  • Up Tilt is long-ranged and quick
  • Back Air is quick and immensely powerful
  • Forward smash KOs at low percentages
  • Two powerful, long ranged spikes
  • Multiple attacks that can KO around as low as 50%
  • Amazing horizontal recovery.
Cons:
  • Most attacks start up slowly
  • Significant ending lag on several aerial attacks, special attacks, and Smash attacks
  • Up-B is short ranged horizontally
  • Large target
  • Very slow unless moving with quick draw
2! Edge guarding: Ikes tripple A move is strong and if the last hit hits your opponent he is going to go flying.The best way to actually hit them when they get near you just hold A and one you hit him it will fienish off the three hit combo.

Eruption is actually a good edgeguard because it has desent knockback. For most players, timing Eruption slightly earlier gives you a better chance, since after a point when he begins the actual attack, he has "super armor" and can't be knocked away. I found myself being hit before I could let go of the attack before finally being able to time it right and killing other players at ridiculously low percentages.

You can use a Fair or even a Dair or a Bair which is one of his fastest moves

you could jump off the edge and UP+B you opponent and possible aether spike him.

Down Tilt Spike

Down air Spike

Crouch stab Spike

3! Recovery:Over+B or UP+B 1. You can't over b then up b unless you get hit after finishing the over b move. If you DON'T get hit, you'll simply become exhausted and fall helplessly... so you only get the choice of one.

4! Combos: QuickDraw to aether For quick draw-ing into combos, you need to make sure Ike goes the distance but doesn't get too close to the opponent (he'll hit them)... so most of the time, learning the minimum distance for over b is good on the platform from which you'd be able to do whatever.

QuickDraw to Uptilt
Down throw to Aether
Nair+Nair+Fair
Nair - Jab Canceled jab - Jab canceled jab - grab - dthrow as an effective combo.you might be able to throw in an aether after the down throw at low percentages

5! Final smash:Ike
Name: Great Aether
Date posted on DOJO!: Mon. Nov. 12 2007
Set!
Description: I must be fair, since this is the "Final Smash" thread not the "Final Smashes that SonicMario wants to Talk about" thread. So I must give you Ike's Great Aether. Ike 1st grabs the Smash Ball and whoever is caught in it is hurled up in the air and when Ike comes up he bears on the unfortunate soul his Heavy sword in a Piledrive. It also seems to be able to hit Multiple foes into the Air. And if it misses any, they can't hit Ike, but they can add damage to the already screwed players. (Test how mad your Friends get when they are being hti by Ike's FS while your freel able to smash them into Oblivion)
Get Ready!
Advice for player using FS: I don't need to put much for 1 v. 1 combat. Just get close when in Standby mode. For multiplayer, try to get as many foes in your reach as possible.
Spike!
Advice for player avoiding FS: In multiplayer battles, avoid Ike until he starts damage on other people. Then forget Ike, attack the already woed characters getting attacked!

6! Here are some tricks that work with every character:http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique10.html

<Ukemi>​
When a blow sends you flying, tap the shield button just before you come into contact with the ground, wall, or ceiling. You’ll bound off the surface with a little hop and, like a judo master, cancel any excess momentum that would have otherwise kept you careening around wildly.

Press with just the right timing.​
Since midair move-based recoveries have become more fluid, I believe some will find this technique to be slightly less important than it was in the previous game.

<Perfect Shield>​
The enemy closes in to attack. You draw him or her closer, then closer still, and just before the blow connects...
Clang! You just performed a perfect shield! You’ll recover from the blow you just blocked with almost no delay and are in a perfect position to launch a counterattack!

<Stale-Move Negation>​
Use a particular move too many times and the damage it deals will begin to decrease!
And so it should. Let’s face it, it takes more skill to use a character’s full move set than to rely on the same attack over and over.
Moves will decrease in attack power when used repeatedly and get progressively weaker with additional usage, so try and weave a wide variety of attacks into your offense.
Also, if you feel like your attacks just aren’t launching the opponent as far as they should... Once again, I suggest you try mixing a few other moves into your offense.

<Glancing Blows>​
This isn’t really a technique so much as it is a little tidbit of Smash info.
When your attack just grazes the opponent you’ll hear a little "chik," meaning you’ve just barely grazed the opponent.

<Swim>​
In Brawl you can actually swim a little bit when you’re in water. You’ll soon drown though, and the more damage you’ve accumulated, the less time you’ll be able to stay afloat.

<Small Jump>​
This technique is absolutely vital in a scuffle.
Every character has a momentary animation before they jump where they sort of hunker down. If you let off the jump button before this animation ends you’ll perform a small jump.

Here’s a comparison with a standard jump.​
Try using small jumps to close in and score hits on your opponents while dodging their attacks.

<Pivot Grab>​
While dashing, press the direction opposite your current heading while performing a grab. You’ll get more range out of this kind of grab, so try pulling a 180 and scooping up your unsuspecting opponent with it.

Some more good advanced tactics to use!

Jab Cancelling to do this jab crouch stand up and repeat

Ledge dropped aetherpush down from the ledge than up+B it will hit surprised edgeguarders

Strategy & Tips
  • Ike's Forward-Smash is a good move. Learn to use it effectively, and you'll be KOing opponents before they reach 75%.
  • Most of Ike's attacks have a long range, use the length of his sword to offset his lack of speed.
  • Don't overlook Ike's Neutral-A. It's one of his few fast combinations, and can rack up damage early in the battle.
  • Ike's Forward-B can be held literally forever, so don't be afraid to wait until the perfect moment (especially in multiplayer matches).
  • Don't forget that Ike's Aether ability hits enemies on all sides of him. Also, try using it in the air
7! KIRK'S VIDZ OF EDUCATIONAL STUFF OF EVERYTHING his thread can be found here http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143306

8!
move damage percentage % this is from one of Kirk's video Ike Moveset Percentages and Ranges
Before I talk about the strengths and uses I am going to show you someone elses thoughts on the moves he thinks just like I think you!

Ground Attacks
  • Dash A - Slashes forward
  • Neutral A - Punches with his left hand, then a step-forward kick, moving forward with each blow, then an overhead swing of the sword
  • Forward Tilt - Horizontal slash
  • Up Tilt - Holds his sword out horizontally and raises it to above his head this way, jumping. One of his fastest ground moves
  • Down Tilt - Slashes along the ground. Slower than Marth's, but longer ranged. Spikes the opponent powerfully
  • Forward Smash - Overhead swing of his sword to the ground in front of him. Long ranged and very powerful, but very slow
  • Up Smash - Swings his sword from his feet over his head to behind him. Also powerful, long ranged, and slow
  • Down Smash - Slashes towards the ground on either side. Powerful, long ranged, and one of his fastest smash attacks
Aerial Attacks
  • Up Aerial - Slow swipe over his head in an arc, hits a wide range above him
  • Down Aerial - Thrusts his sword down under him. Powerful meteor smash if he hits with the blade
  • Neutral Aerial - Swings his sword in an arc around his body. Shorter ranged than most of his aerials, but hits 270º around him
  • Forward Aerial - Swings his sword like his forward smash, but a little faster. Overhead arc to horizontal by his feet. Long landing lag
  • Back Aerial - Quick backwards swing with his sword. Apperance similar to Marth's Neutral Aerial. Very powerful, fastest of his aerials
Grabs and Throws
  • Up Throw - Puts his hands together and clubs opponent upward.
  • Down Throw - Throws opponent down to the ground and stomps on them.
  • Back Throw - Throws the opponent backwards while kicking them.
  • Forward Throw - Throws opponent forwards while kicking them.
A
4 Damage
It is a good combo starter if jab canceled into a combo like Nair - Jab Canceled jab - Jab canceled jab - grab - dthrow!

AA
9 damage
This attack should only be used to use the third hit of the combo

AAA
16 damage
pretty good it is fast and does good damage and has decent knockback

Dash Attack
15 damage
can be used to KO at high percentage and is pretty fast

Down tilt
15 damage
pretty fast and it can spike

UpTilt
14 damage
it is used in the grand viper combo and is Ikes fastest tilt the hilt if you hit with it it is weaker!

Fsmash
23 Damage
Has really good knock back and is ike's best kill move it is really slow!

UPSmash
23 damage
very good move but has a lot of lag like all of Ike's Moves It is good if it is Hyphen smashed!

DownSmash
The first slash does 13 the second does 16 damage
fast attack that attacks on both sides of Ike kind of like Roy and Marth's

Fair
13 damage
Has very good knockback it is a really good aerial.

BackAir
14 damage
is Ikes fastest aerial and has very good knockback!

DownAir
16 Damage
it can spike!

UPAir
14 Damage
can be used to keep people up in the Air also known as juggling!

Grab and hit
3Damage
Not very strong

FThrow
6 Damage
pretty fast for being Ike's throw

DownThrow
6 Damage
leads into a lot of combos In My Opinion

BackThrow
6Damage
thats alot of damage just Kidding

UPThrow
6 damage
how much damage does this throw do the same as they all do!

HOLDB not charged
10Damage
super armor frames YES.

HOLDB fully charged
37Damage
really strong edgeguard

Forward B fully charged
16Damage
one of Ikes best recovery moves

UPB
19Damage
one of Ike's best recovery moves and has Super Armor Frames

Counter
1.2 times the original Damage
better than Roy and Marth put together IMO

Final smash
64Damage
has very good knockback

just for a little fun I am posting his taunts

Taunts
Up: Poses with his blade while crouching, and wind blows his cape up.
Side: Poses with his blade and says "Prepare yourself."
Down: Thrusts his sword into the ground, crosses his arms, and wind blows his cape up.
On-Screen Appearance: He is teleported in with a Warp Staff. His pose is different from Marth's

Roiths guide
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142660F
Final Smash information from http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115566

That all I got for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember ikes got T3H F!re:laugh:

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i hope ull add moar stuff

u should link my thread in here and when ill get the chance ill do the same

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Some things I noticed as an Ike player:

1. You can't over b then up b unless you get hit after finishing the over b move. If you DON'T get hit, you'll simply become exhausted and fall helplessly... so you only get the choice of one.

The good thing is of course, that you'll barely ever really get knocked far out. It's only dangerous when you get knocked to the side and at a low trajectory (since over b is more than enough to take care of horizontal recovery).

2. For quick draw-ing into combos, you need to make sure Ike goes the distance but doesn't get too close to the opponent (he'll hit them)... so most of the time, learning the minimum distance for over b is good on the platform from which you'd be able to do whatever.

3. For most players, timing Eruption slightly earlier gives you a better chance, since after a point when he begins the actual attack, he has "super armor" and can't be knocked away. I found myself being hit before I could let go of the attack before finally being able to time it right and killing other players at ridiculously low percentages.

4. For edgeguarding, Ike's aerial forward and back A are both amazing. The forward A has more range, and the back A has quicker execution.

5. Ike's crouch tilt is a meteor smash.

I'll add more things as I come to them. As for now I'm balancing my gameplay between Ike and Snake, and play Zamus/Game&Watch/Sonic/Yoshi occasionally.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Yes, if he stands edgeguarding and hits somebody trying to recover with his dtilt swing (which I thought wasn't a great attack otherwise... I'd rather use his dsmash if I wanted to hit someone on the ground), they get knocked STRAIGHT down.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
you should add moar and organize

i cant provide a link but go into the lucario forums and check out dark dragoons lucario database youll see what i mean

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
b/c everytime there is a new post i read it, how do u think i post over 50 posts a day....

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
hhhmmmm was that the update today, some of the stuff is good.

you should organize by sections now

comboking

Smash Master
okay i will do that iI am updateing it asd we speak.School was boring so don't expect full sentences

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
its the new semester and now i dont have acces to a com during the day of school..:(

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
aahhh so thats why ur busy...ill stop asking for u to add stuff to ur guide...:)

comboking

Smash Master
aahhh so thats why ur busy...ill stop asking for u to add stuff to ur guide...:)
no i am praticing during the school day for the test. plus this is practice for the test I mean my guide but i also don't have brawl so.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think the Smash Dojo "Quick Techniques" section is necessary for an Ike-specific guide...

Top Bottom