• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ask Dark.Pch about Peach in Brawl *Day 4* New vids up

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Vs Pit
Vs PT
Vs Sonic
Vs bowser 1
Bowser 2
Vs Bowser 3
Vs Meta Knight
Vs Peach

Also Before I touch Peach in brawl if you guys have anything youwanna know about Peach then ask here, and when I get a chance to play I'll let you guys know what it is that you asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update of Peach in Brawl day 1:

Peach really feels different to use and much harder this time around. There is no FC, she cant no longer cut the lag of attacks. so its out if it seems that way to you us cause you did it after the ainamtion of the lad was done or nearly done.. Mid % and above you cant down air to Nair anymore. and if so you have to be frame pefrect. its hard to pull off. But at Low% I was able to FC>Dair>Nair Her last kick of the Dair sends your enemy in the air. Its ho longer a weak hit that you can follow with fast.

Her Fthrow cant kill. Thats out. I throw my enemy at around 130 and he did not die nor fly very far. So my advice is to try and follow up with a combo if you plan to Fthrow them. like into a wall and maybe an air attack. or as usual, just get them off the stage with it, but dont expect to kill with it.

Her back air hits twice. Yes, its a 2 hit combo just like Peaches Dash attack. And is mostly one of Peaches killing moves. That moves Kills better than any of her air attacks. And I belive thats her strongest air move.

Her Nair also hits twice. If inside Peach and you get hit, you will get hit twice before getting launched.

Her Up-B hits about three times I think. and has power. You can kill with the move this time around. and is good for a combo breaker. I was still able to do my Up-B tricks. sadly it was not caught on tape I belive. But next time I'll do them for all to see.

Turnip to FC>Fair is ok. But its easy to land in melee than brawl. Its a bit slow in brawl. not that much. But its not simple as in melee. You will need good spacing and timing to hit with it and not get punished for it.

Her jabs ack a punch and has more range. I thing you can 4 hit combo with them. I got for jabs in. Jabbed 2 times then I was able to follow up with another 2 jabs. and I think it does more damage then in melee.

Her toad had changed. it lances the enemy this time. It does not keep then in range when the spores come out. I think I sused in on video.

And her F-B is much faster and does not really lag. Really good upgrade to the move in my opinion.

The Characters that give Peach the most trouble from what I seen are Meta, Pit and Marth. Its Hard to get inside them. But Marth seems to be the worst out of them all. Turnips and back airs are a must when fighting them. And Marth seems to be her counter again. I could not beat my friends Marth with Peach, but the other sword people I could. Marth still has a good edguard on her. So its Hard to return. and he can still combo her. Not as well as melle though so us Peach players get a break there. You have to figure out a way to get inside these characters to do gamage. So once you get them off stage keep them out.

She does well against Link and Zelda thus far from what I see. But Zelda is more faster now and her hit boxes are bigger. So spacing is key when fighting Zelda. Same with Link. Bit your back air can go through most of his stuff. And she is also good against Ike cause of how slow he is. But when in range he can combo peach well, so watch out for that.

So a day with playing Peach it seems she is in reverse. the attacks that were fast or backed more power in melee are slower in brawl and vice versa. But she can still combo well. its just hard to pull off. And it took me a while to get use to her new frames and timing. but once I got it down, i was able to play fast with Peach and still do damage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on Peach in Brawl day 2:

combos I found a few but for finishing your enemy, wont really do the job. if you can combo into the Up-B that be the only way to kill cause the Up-B kills now. But here are some of what I came up with:

Dthrow> Jump>Back air (Dont Float to Back air, just jump and do it)

Dthrow> reverse up-B

Dtilt> Up air

Dtilt> Up air>Up-B

Dtilt> Nair

Dtilt> Fair

Dair (drop, dont float) and follow up with anything else you can faster. Point of dropping is so the fourth hit does not connect and they wont get sent flying. so they stay in your rang and you can do something after.

Dair>Nair (low-mid %)

Up air> Up-B

Jab to Grab

Jab to down smash

Dask attack to an air attack or up-B

Jab> Nair

Jab>Dtilt

if they sheild:

Dair>Dsmash

Dair>grab

Dair>jab

Dair> Ftilt

now after the Dair to Jab you can add on to anything else you please. a Grab, air attack, etc.

You can keep doing the down air on the sheild since the last hitt has the most power. But if you do it and wann keep your enemy in range to follow up with something, you have to fall before the 4th kick lands when you hit with the move.

The combo list you need to know the timing of the moves so you can attack after fast. so spacing is key. Most of the combos requires spacing if you wanna hit with them. Thats all I know for now. And also notice that it depends on % and how the Person DI's as well

Peach is Harder to use then in melle to me. The Fell of Peach is not smooth like melee Peach. it seems now its more important that ever to space your attacks if you want to follow up with something else or not get punished for a mistake. and you have to know the right time that your air attacks wont lag. The time when you touch the floor so you can attack after. You do it too soon and you will lag and be left open. Thats why spacing and knowing the timing of your attacks need to be combined or else you will find it really hard to use Peach. I'm not on point with that yet. I'm good at it but still have trouble. Just th feel of her alone isdifferent. so playing Fast with her was a problem now. cause if my timing was off, I get punished.

The first then I found out that Peach has somewhat of a wavedash. kinda. Her Second jump does not really send here anywhere. She kinda stays in place. So I While Jumping I air dodge ether down left or down right. She slighty moves in that direction and faces in that direction too. and she shield sightly comes up. So you run and then soon as you sump, Hit L-or R and aim for the stage. she stops nearly dead in her tracks.

another thing I found out I is that you can use her second jump for a quick stop and move in a direction you want. I think she slides a lil too. All you do is Jump, then tap the button again really quick and aim in the spot you wanna move. I guess it can be somewhat Double jump cancel but not really cause her Second jump has no height.. So when you use her second Jump you stay in place so tap it fast and then aim the stick in the direction you wanna move.

Last thing I found out is that Peach can somewhat pillar. You Instant float, Nair and land and repeat. Her N-air does not have much lag. and you can pillar like fight on the floor like if you was standing since her second jump really does nothing. So not to be close to the floor you have to time your first then instand float to a Nair, land and repeat. But if you Instant float right while you are on the floor and Pillar its alot more faster.

I'll have vids or doing these things to show how its done. I think its quite useful in my opinion for mindgames and making peach faster.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on Peach in brawl day 3:

Well third day of me using Peach and I think I got use to her. But I noticed one thing she lacks........a killing move. As in sheHas a hard time Killing her enemy. The only Moves i was able to kill well with was her Upsmash and Back air. Second place was her Fair and N-air. Also in this game now when you use a move over and over, it loses its power and knockback. So It makes it hard for Peach to kill. Cause the moves to get your enemy out of the stage in the first place are moves you need to K.O them. So by the time you work to get them off the stay, your moves may be weak to do a decent kill.

So the strategy I suggest with Peach now is work on those combos, dont try to kill early, get as much damage as you can. then go for the final blow (which wont be easy as I just explained.) My combo would help in this case. I was mostly about combos knowing I cant kill well. So I decided to just combo and just, get enough % depending on who I am fighting then end it. My Finisher was mostly Upsmash. Killed everytime. And since I'm good with the upsmash and known for it, it was not THAT hard to get K.O's of it. But its harder in this game than melee. so I say Peach NOW in Brawl is all aboutCombos. No early deaths, no gimping, thats all gone. Now you have to work hard for your kills, and with the speed and the way the game feels now, your gonna have work ahead of you. She will be indeed one of the tuffest characters to master or yet alone be really good with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on Peach in brawl day 4:

A character Peach has lots of trouble with is meta knight. Peach falls kinda slow now, and he can really take advantage of that. And its hard to get a good hit off cause the swing of his sword covers his whole body. I dont like fighting him on small stages like Onnett. I fought my friend there and it was really hard to land on the ground and get space. Big stages where you can get some landing room is your best bet. Space all your moves to get inside him and land a clean hit off him. Her jab does well against him to get inside.

Peach can still wall bomb I did it today but sadly that match was not recorded. But you can wall bomb. Someone will do it on video soon if not me and you will see.

Her second jump you can use it as a good edge hop. Since in melee you could not do it cause her jump had reach, you can do it this time cause her second jump goes no where. Look at "Vs Bowser 3" Video. I did it like twice. So you can use that as a fake out and grab the edge over and over. or attack of the edge coming back in.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Um, the ball is turned off, they are not playing with items or any of that. they are playing like it was melee

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Nice Dark Pch. If you dont mind I would like to add these to my thread. Also Great stuff at the tourney man. Your Peach Awesome. I need to play you again XD.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Is Peach's Down tilt any easier to spike with and how much more useful are the Toad and Peach Bomber in competitive play?
I am not sure. But I'll let you all know on all the questions you have been dieng to get answers to by the weekend.

Nice Dark Pch. If you dont mind I would like to add these to my thread. Also Great stuff at the tourney man. Your Peach Awesome. I need to play you again XD.
Sure I dont mind.

And thank you. Glad to give you your wish as to you wanting to play me. And any big tournament you go too, you can play me all you want. Hope you learned some stuff. Your Peach is pretty good. Gave me a hard time.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
I heard that Peachs float cancelling is out... could you check that man?

Thx

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Sure I dont mind.

And thank you. Glad to give you your wish as to you wanting to play me. And any big tournament you go too, you can play me all you want. Hope you learned some stuff. Your Peach is pretty good. Gave me a hard time.
Yeah I learned alot things from playing you. My Peach is a lot better because of it. Thanks a lot. Next time we fight I'll do a lot better. Also When Brawl is released in America can you send me your Friend code ASAP. I would like to play you in Brawl as soon as I can.

Thx
I can answer that. Peach does indeed still have her float cancel. It works Beautifully in Brawl. Peach can Combo very Nicely in Brawl.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering what kind of new combo's she has because I've been hearing Peach now has more combo potentional compared to her Melee counterpart. That, and how practical are they?

Thanks!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So do you like the Melee or Brawl Peach?
Also which outfit looked the best on her in your opinion if you used more than one?
Well I say my officall color, the daisy one. I have to use that. its goes with my name. Second best to me is the red one. Really cool looking. My top 2 colors and third is the green.

And I have to say I felt for comfortable using melee Peach more than brawl. Her FC is not so much the same as it was in melee. Like her back air. When you FC it, it takes a while if you still float to get another one out. Its not like melee when you can get other one right out. It takes time . So spacing is important if you wanna pressure your enemy and follow up fast.

Thx
Nope, still in , just a Bit different to use. I say is harder to master

Yeah I learned alot things from playing you. My Peach is a lot better because of it. Thanks a lot. Next time we fight I'll do a lot better. Also When Brawl is released in America can you send me your Friend code ASAP. I would like to play you in Brawl as soon as I can.
Your very welcome. Glad you learned some stuff and improved. Next time we play I would like to see what you got.

And Yes, I will be getting a well in maybe 2 weeks or so, so I'll gladly play you online.

Just wondering what kind of new combo's she has because I've been hearing Peach now has more combo potentional compared to her Melee counterpart. That, and how practical are they?

Thanks!
Well her combos are kind of different this time around. Like her FC> Nair. At mid to high damage I cant Dair to N-air anymore. Her Dair packs a punch and sends your enemy up in the air after her 4th kick. I do belive there was times when I could have done it but its hard.

You can up and down throw to a Nair at low percent. But after thatits Hard to land a hit unless you catch on to thier DI or the DI wrong.

First Page updated with hands on info with me using Peach for a day

Niko_K

Smash Master

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha.

Well I'm not sure I can give advice on your vids after one day of playing with peach. But I learned tons about her and got use to her really quick. and did damage. so Here I go as my first advice to a Peach player. you should feel special. ;)

From a day of playing I learned that you cant rush with Peach. And Spacing is important now than before. Imean its always was but You need to be on point with it if you wanna do damage.

Be careful with landing a FC> Fair on someones sheild. You time it wrong you will lag and leave yourself open. Let the attack come out fully then fast fall.

attacking out of the sheild to a Dair is useful. Since the Dair got Buffed you can stab thier shield and get them with the 4th kick which sends your enemy flying.

Time well your Turnip, > FC> Nair combos cause its not so fast to execute like it was in melee. Timing is different.

Characters that can attack long range use a turnip to get inside, then folllow up. I say use back air more. it one of Peaches best killing moves. and it hits twice. Good for shield pressure. But once you hit with a FC>Bair air, land right away. cause you cant do another air attack. Her animation takes a while to finish. bale like 2 secs from my understanding.

The combo you did to Charizard at the start of the first vid was great. reminded me of myself in melee. I have not tried crazy combos like that yet. I was busying trying to understand Peach. Like her move frames, when I can dish out my next attack, what moves have lag, how to cancel them, timing, etc. next time I get recorded I'll but my tricks to the test.

But pratice spacing and dont rush. Peach can somewhat get punished bad for rushing and etc.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thanks for the advice! I really hope I become a great tournament player like you were in melee!

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Why is the FC tougher to use? Do you have to be more frame perfect? Is the fast falling part of float cancelling not effective anymore?

About her down smash: we all know it got nerfed damage-wise, but how about other things? It looked like it had more range than in melee. Is it faster? More priority? Does it still land all of the hits if they crouch cancel?

Also, I believe dmbrandon and Montage crew said crouch cancelling no longer works as well. Do you think CC->Dsmash is still a good strategy?

How effective and useful do you think the side-b is? Can she still wall bomb?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ha ha ha, Well thanks. And I'm sure you will. I already have a few Peach players wanting to play me and show them some stuff. Guess they will be training with me of somthing, ha ha ha. I should be playing this game alot now if I can go to my firends house alot. So I'll will be learning new things and master her in time. after just one day I was able to play with Peach fast. You will see in the videos when they hit youtube.

Why is the FC tougher to use? Do you have to be more frame perfect? Is the fast falling part of float cancelling not effective anymore?

About her down smash: we all know it got nerfed damage-wise, but how about other things? It looked like it had more range than in melee. Is it faster? More priority? Does it still land all of the hits if they crouch cancel?

Also, I believe dmbrandon and Montage crew said crouch cancelling no longer works as well. Do you think CC->Dsmash is still a good strategy?

How effective and useful do you think the side-b is? Can she still wall bomb?
#1 Its more Harder cause her Fc is not so smooth like in melee. For one thing her back it takes about 2 secs to end and then you can do another back air or another air attack. Peach FC is melee is faster than the one in brawl So yea pretty much you have to be somewhat frame perfect.

You can still FC to a Fast fall then follow up with something else. But if you are to close, you can get attacked or grabbd after.Like if you Fast fall her FC>Fair before the attack ends, you will lag, you cant do anything until the animation has ended. But if you Fair, than fast fall you can follow up after, the lag is gone.

#2 Her Dsmash cant kill. So yea it got Nerfed. but you can land all hits if someone CC it. and I think its much faster and has more ramge. I did not pay much attention to it. it seemsed like it though. But beside it being Nerfed, it is pretty much the same, you can stab people shields with it. Just a lil more aster and more range if I saw correct.

#3You can no longer CC to a Dsmash. When you CC and Hit the c-stick you do your DTilt. This goes with every character.

#4 Her Side-B is faster and has less lag than before. Pretty good move this time around. I did not use it much but its not a bad move to use like in melee. and I have not tried to wall bomb. next time I'll give it a try

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Oh and I would like to add a question..
Could someone like compare Peach's Up tilt and Up smash like which has more range, damage, and whatre the pros and cons of them...
Oh and was the Peach Bomber useful? It seems like a Semi-spike to me.
And whats the point of the heart coming out sometimes...

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
so float cancelling this time around...do we need to fastfall b4, during or after the aerial for the least amount of lag?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Um is d-smash useful at all now?

And master peach we should play we live really close to each other. >.>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh and I would like to add a question..
Could someone like compare Peach's Up tilt and Up smash like which has more range, damage, and whatre the pros and cons of them...
Oh and was the Peach Bomber useful? It seems like a Semi-spike to me.
And whats the point of the heart coming out sometimes...
I did not try her uptilt, next time, maybe 2morrow, I'll check it for you.

Her upsmash........beautiful Me known as the upsmash god, I was able to do my ticks and nail with it. its more powerful than before. I believe it kills in less damges than it did in melee. its strong so that that buffed. But cause of the way the game is, it was hard for me to land them like I do in melee. But once you do, it packs a punch.

I say the bad theing about her Upsmash is you have to be on point to kill with it. its hard to land a good hit with it. Mindgames come into play here. But its great to use out of the shield. has more use doing it out of sheild than melee.

The Peach bomb is just faster and less lag. its not that hard to get a hit off with it. Does decent damage. And the heart animation does nothing. Nor affects attacks. its just for show

so float cancelling this time around...do we need to fastfall b4, during or after the aerial for the least amount of lag?

The only more you need to fast fall AFTER the attack comes out is her Fair to get the lag off. if you do it early, the lag will be there, all her other moves dont lag when you fast fall at any time. you can follow up easy.

Um is d-smash useful at all now?
it still is. It can stab the shield. seems the hit box on the attack got lower, so its stabs the sheild better. its also good to dish out a quick attack. and has more range than before if I am correct.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Does the Up smash still have that shoulder pad thingy?
If it does is it any easier to sweetspot it?
Ugh I'm asking to many questions...

Aask all the question you want. thats why I made this thread.o limit to the questions you want. its all the inside scoop you all want so you guys can beast with peach in brawl. I know I will ;)

I thnk so caise I can Upsmash out of my shield and hit my enemy. I'm not sure if it has that spcial sweet spot. But the hits on the side are weak. the strong point to K.O is her hand.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Interesting. If the heart is what does the damage then her Hit box is bigger and wider. utilt out of the shield anyone?

Top Bottom