• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai too good! Victory pose for certain match ups! (Video Uploaded!!!)

Charoo

Smash Champion
I dunno if any1 post about this yet but if you use certain characters to fight each other, sometime randomly they will do something different that the usual 3 victory poses.

The only one I know for sure 100% is Fox vs Falco. If Fox wins the match, sometime he will say:
"mada mada dama Falco" (dunno how to write it in japanese) which roughly translate to "You're not ready yet Falco"

This is probably one of the coolest feature ever and it would be great if people can find all of them.

This happen when I was playing with my friend and it was a super intense match with me winning at the end. The crowd went wild (like 5 of us) when Fox said that to Falco haha.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD52AWKy1AI

dun mind the floor haha

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Badass.

Fox still has that awesome secret taunt he had from the Melee game. :D

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
If I recall correctly, "mada mada" is somthing like "Were you tired, Falco?" unless I'm confusing it with another sound effect. I don't know, we haven't covered that far in Japanese class.

Are there any for Zelda/Pokemon/ect? I'd expect one specificly for like Teams from Mario (Mario and Luigi, Mario and Peach) and stuff.

higgins

Smash Apprentice
that is wicked i wonder what Mario would say to sonic(since they were rivals in mario and sonic at the olympics

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
I thought "mada mada" just meant "Wait", "Hold up", or "Calm down."

Neat find, wonder about other combinations...

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Madamada can be "You're not ready yet" or "You've still got some way to go" etc..

This is an awesome feature :)

M.K

Level 55
Lulz, Ivysaur vs. Pikachu.

"Ivy ivy saur ivysaur saur saur IVYYYYSSSAAAUURRR. Saur Saur Ivy Vysaur!"

Pikachu:

"o_0 WTFFFFFFFFF?????"

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Stop getting it wrong:

"Can't let you do that, Star Fox."

>:O

Srules

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, nice find. Call to action! Someone make a video showing as many of these as you can find.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Awesome hehe.

Mada means something like "There's still more left," so Madamada is like... "I'm not done yet" or just plain "not yet."

Zevox

Smash Lord
Neat feature. I wonder what kind of responses we get from things like Mario beating Bowser, Marth beating Ike (or vice-versa), Wario beating Mario, etc etc. Could be some cool stuff.

Oooh, what about Mario vs Sonic? If anyone deserves some unique victory poses/lines, its those two!

Zevox

higgins

Smash Apprentice
i wonder what they would say for mario and sonic or what link woud do if be beat ganondorf or if they took him out with his finalk smash ooooohhhhhh i havent ever thought of that

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I can't understand the mentality behind adding stuff like this and TRIPPING and taking out other, useful things.

And Mewtwo.

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
I recall watching a Falco vs Falcon video where Falcon is recovering and Falco bairs the **** out of him and doesn't let him come back...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I thought "mada mada" just meant "Wait", "Hold up", or "Calm down."

Neat find, wonder about other combinations...
You might be thinking of "Mata". I could be wrong since I'm not learning or speak Japanese.

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
I can't understand the mentality behind adding stuff like this and TRIPPING and taking out other, useful things.

And Mewtwo.
It adds a ton of flavor. Giulty Gear's been doing this scince game 1 with Ky and Sol (atleast), The DBZ Bodikai games have it. It adds somthing to the game.

Also, don't start with the "Useful things" if you mean what I think you mean.

And Mewtwo bit hard, even though he was REALY Cool.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Mada mada" can mean a lot of things. "Not yet,""You still have a long ways to go," "Not (good) enough" or "Still no good," and "It's not over yet.", etc. Well, at least if "Dane" comes after. I don't know if it's the same without it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
"Mada mada" can mean a lot of things. "Not yet,""You still have a long ways to go," "Not (good) enough" or "Still no good," and "It's not over yet.", etc. Well, at least if "Dane" comes after. I don't know if it's the same without it.
I'm guessing that Japanese is full of idioms?

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Go figure, I don't actually post here about the game, but language gets me moving...

"Mada" means still, or not yet. "Mada mada" expresses that something still isn't good enough or is not yet ready. There's a trend in Japanese to say things twice.

So "Mada mada Falco" is, regardless of literal translation, saying Falco isn't good enough yet.

Oh, and "Mata" means again.

Idioms are fun! Japanese places greater importance on context. See Tifa in FFVII:AC when she flings Cloud skyward and says mada mada; it means to not give up yet or to not be done yet.

And to get back to the topic, yeah. Are there any people working on finding these so we can get videos? :D

Top Bottom