• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Israeli Brawl Vids, Crystal107 vs Soulskeeper

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Hey, these are 2 high quality of Crystal107(Peach) vs Soulskeeper(Shiek). both of them are members of the Israeli Smash Community.

I'll get to play some tommorow Myself, I might record it with my Digital Camera and revive my youtube account once more.

Match 1
Match 2

If they put up more I'll link them

Comments welcome.

DTR

Smash Journeyman
great peach vids... been lookin everyone for somethin like this

best example of competitive play ive seen as of now

Whut

Smash Cadet
Finally, some great Peach footage. Footage of players (competitive or not) actually using Peach seemed scarce to me after Brawl's release date. I loved that little slap-fight at 5:24 in Match 1.
Thanks for the video, I.T.P.

Time to study.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Sheik looks so tight in this game, and sorta balanced. Her U-smash looks murderous.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Gets my vote for best brawl vids out there. It seems like you guys are more adapted to brawl then other competitive smashers. It almost looked like a slightly floatier melee match. Bravo guys!!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
She's a great Peach player! Glad to see some quality Brawl vids. Thanks for these!

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
LoL, actually, that crystal107 is me, I've been on the forum here for a while but didn't post much :p thanks for comments
I've been a peach player in melee too, soulskeeper has been a sheik player in brawl too - that game is after playing less than a day... the characters are pretty different, and peach's double slap is much much better.

We might record more :)

thank you

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Nice video!
Seeing videos of this quality this early from the release is very promising for Brawl's future competitive game!
Keep 'em coming! ^ ^

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
We might post some more videos, but not today/tomorrow, cause I won't be here anymore :(, sometime this week ;)

Anyways, float cancel is landing an ariel with fast fall after float and it has no lag landing, it's not in anymore... :(

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
we need to start uploading at stage6 for the better quality. Great game play, this game looks alot slower hopefully we will find alot more advance techniques.
It's floatier... peach also feels slower, sheik feels a bit slower too.
I hope advance techniques will come up too

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
in melee, peach can hold down and push jump to automatically enter a float just above ground level.

great vid, the peach was really good. record lots of vids tomorrow please :D

Directly from the smash boards float faq.
What your refering to is how to actually begin floating.

Float cancelling combines the other two things. You attack while floating, then
fastfall out of the float and land while the attack is still going on. Where
there used to be a recovery animation, there is only the regular landing
animation. Now you can follow up with anything you want (I prefer dash attack).

It's also useful if you have a dangerous throwing item, like a Bob-Omb or
Pokeball, to float at the opponent and make them guess whether you'll attack or
throw the item, then do the opposite. Or float cancel a forward air, then throw
right away.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I can't view the videos because I don't have this DivX thing. It needs about 5 GB space and I only have 3 GB left :( couldn't someone youtube them?

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
How's Peach's float time crystal?

Float time? be more specific.
I think you mean for how long she floats maybe? It feels just like in melee, but I haven't actually counted :p , though aerials don't come out fast anymore like in melee right after a ground float :(, especially NAIR.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Float time? be more specific.
I think you mean for how long she floats maybe? It feels just like in melee, but I haven't actually counted :p , though aerials don't come out fast anymore like in melee right after a ground float :(, especially NAIR.
Yep i was referring to how long she floats. Though it's unfortunate to hear that extra bit of information....

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
Yep i was referring to how long she floats. Though it's unfortunate to hear that extra bit of information....
I counted, it's 4 seconds, I think that it is the same as melee.
Peach has been buffed in many places, but has been nerfed in places she was good at in melee, but I think she is still comptetive.

Edit: Actually, I have A LOT to tell about peach.
Her double slap is one of her best approaching moves, seems so, it has a lot of range.
Her Dsmash isn't that bad, it's actually very useful and sometimes do a lot of damage.
Her new up tilt has a lot of range though I didn't have the chance to use it a lot.
Her down tilt has lots of range and is very useful.
Her side tilt seems useful too, but I'm not sure.
Up smash is almost the same, dashing is VERY VERY useful and good.
Side smash is very very strong, it gave me lots of kills.
Now floating... her areials are useful, but NAIR doesn't come out fast anymore like in melee, but it is still very very very useful, her DAIR is one of her best moves now, it kinda stucks the enemy in, it has nice range, and believe it or not, it makes the enemy fly UP after some hits.
FAIR seems like it gets a bit further than melee, but the timing is more or less the same, actually, for me it seems even more useful than melee's.
UAIR seems like it has more range than melee, but I didn't use it much :p
Now specials... well, veggies have been nerfed, they seem to be less useful, though if you look at my vids, I killed with a stitch face, that was the only time I actually killed with a veggie, never happened before or after - the veggies are easily caught too, so it can work against you.
Side B seems like it goes really further, but it doesn't have much priority, it isn't THAT useful, but maybe only against Sheik, who knows.
Up B is the saddest part of peach... it is EASILY punished, once you had to use it, it is really easy to hit you, you can't use mind games anymore cause closing the umberalla is just like opening it... though I killed with the umberalla once XD
her B seems to have more knockback this time, but still - don't use it too often, it has lag after using it, so only if you are sure you are getting hit :)
And that's about it... from the many hours of one day I've been testing her, that's what I've found.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Hmm things don't look so peachy right now. Well time and practice could make her alot better in future :)

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
Hmm things don't look so peachy right now. Well time and practice could make her alot better in future :)
Well, she is still pretty good, I won't consider her nerfed :)
she has many useful moves she never had in melee.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Very nice videos, both of you. It was nice to see some good examples of how a good Peach and Sheik play in Brawl, since videos have been scarce.

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
OMG I chained grab DEDEDE with PEACH >< using her down grab, maybe I was lucky and CP sucks :)

K1T3

Smash Lord
Great matches. You could still tell you were playing in the melee style. Thanks for the new peach info. Can't wait to see the new brawl techs implemented into this type of playing.

Near

Smash Cadet
Nice videos, but I'd really like to see a competitive take on newcomers, could you record some matches with newcomers?

Top Bottom