• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible confirmation of Golden Sun representation in SSE?

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
Okay, I think I might be on to something so here. Allow me to explain:

When I saw the new "leak" posted of the SSE difficulty screen, I knew I saw an image like it before on the Dojo. I looked around for the SSE difficulty selection screen, assuming of course that the "leaker" just took the image and added effects to it to make it look like ingame footage. What I found was much more interesting.

Owning both Golden Sun GBA games, I noticed something familiar in the SSE difficulty screen shot:

What drew my attention was the village and mountain figure on the right side of the screen. I took the liberty of enlarging it:

Now what makes this so interesting is that it bears a striking resemblance to Mt. Aleph, a significant landmark in the Golden Sun story. Notice the rounded pillar like structures that make up the mountain? South of Mt. Aleph is Vale, a village home to GS's two main protagonists, Felix and Isaac. In the image a village is also visible underneath the structure. Could this be Vale as well?

Here are two more images to use as a reference for Mt. Aleph:

So I ask, is this a coincidence or are we potentially look at a GS character in Brawl?

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
looks more like Death Mountain to me actually, from ocarina of time. with that weird cloud thing circling around it

but hey, your theory works too! =)

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
Death Mountain looked much more like a volcano than this. The smaller pillars forming the mountain makes it bear much more a resemblance to Mt. Aleph.

Quaalude

Smash Rookie
The more I look the more I see it.
But!

Aleph is right next to a village, in SSE the mountain is totally isolated.
More like Death Mountain
And it somewhat reminds me of the mountain Dynablade lives on.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I think the Death Mountain theory is a little more likely now that I heard it, but I actually saw a similar note on another thread about it looking like a Golden Sun structure, which it does. Then again, perhaps its just a generic, towering structure with a cloudy ring around it... I mean, they are just plain cool. Look at it exuding coolness. Just like Meta Knight.

Talendime

Smash Ace
looks more like Death Mountain to me actually, from ocarina of time. with that weird cloud thing circling around it
omg that looks NOTHING like death mountain. death mountain is fat. I think the thread starter is right. and I hope he is, even though I've never played GS.

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
Nor is it the Dynablade mountain:

It looks far too distinct to be just a generic mountain. Mt. Aleph was pretty significant in GS as it was where Sol Sanctum resided and when the lighthouse beacons were lit, the Golden Sun actually formed above it. Of enough importance to be somewhat iconic of the series.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Nice observation. But even if it is Mt.Aleph, I wouldn't count a character right away. As you've brought this to my attention, I can see a number of odd places being represented in SSE. Not to say that a GS character is impossible though.

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
Nor is it the Dynablade mountain.

It looks far too distinct to be just a generic mountain. Mt. Aleph was pretty significant in GS as it was where Sol Sanctum resided and when the lighthouse beacons were lit, the Golden Sun actually formed above it. Of enough importance to be somewhat iconic of the series.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Nor is it the Dynablade mountain.

And the little mini humps around it seem to be in the exact same place. I really wouldn't doubt your find dude.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think you're definetly on to something. Before I even read most of the topic and just looked at the picture on the right like you told me, I made the connection as well.

While it's certainly not 100%, this has made my day.

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
If they were going to make a generic mountain, why not make a mountain range instead of a strange pillar mountain in the middle of a plateau?

Jesus Freak Nor

Smash Cadet
Ok, I have never played a Golden Sun game...but I can tell this.

The mountain in SSE is IDENTICAL to the one in the GS image...down to the stuff on the bottom and the village.

It seems that you are on to something. Good job.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
An interesting find, it is far to distinct and specific to be a normal mountain, it seems more like a spire. Also if you look at the surrounding area, it makes it even more distinct as it is almost all flat in that area (the mountain is far from generic and seems to be a major landmark).

I may have to do with Golden Sun. But on the safe side, check around and try and find another mountain that looks like a spire like that in video games, if not, we may have a confirmation soon.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
*headdesk*

You guys are getting worked up over a very generic mountain . . .
While this definitely isn't solid evidence thats not really a generic mountain. A generic mounting isn't tall and skinny like that. A generic mountain looks pretty much like a real mountain.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Now that you mention it, the resemblance is uncanny...I'm suprised this is the first time someone has pointed this out, given the gusto with which people tend to jump on these screenshots.

Are you sure those are huts around it, though? They kind of look like they might just be an arrangement of boulders to me, and the whole area is brown and lifeless. If it's the village around Mt. Aleph, shouldn't it be all grassy and stuff? Actually, wait a second...was that village destroyed by an eruption or something over the course of the second game? Ugh, it's been way too long since I played those games...

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's clearly a *****.

I mean. Mt. Adepth or whatever was it's name. It does look like the mountain from Golden Sun.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
After I read the topic thread, and saw the picture, I didn't even need to read the rest of the post. Anyone who has played Golden Sun instantly recognizes Mt. Aleph. I think you're on to something. Highly unlikely, but it's a nice find.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Hm...so possible confirmation is a BIG, phallic rock.

Who knew? :o I'm all for this possibility.

Top Bottom