• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mushroomy Kingdom

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
HOLY ****! I predicted this stage over 9 months ago. Thats amazing.

I would like to see a stage based off one of the levels from Super Mario World or something like that. Players would fight in normal 3D while the background would be scrolling along. Players could jump on the various enemies to gain Koopa KO's and the like and when everyone reaches the flag whoever could jump the highest could get the Super Smash Item and unleash a world of pain! The background would stop scrolling at the flag area and would restart the level (or go to a completely new one...imagine the underground!) and with that the process would start all over again.

That could also be something for an Adventure mode stage but w/e
Sakurai really DOES visit these forums :p

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Depressing. After reading the whole

"The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years, and it is now your battlefield."

part, i had this sinking feeling. I missed the green fields of mushroom kingdom...and the mushrooms for that matter :urg:

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
At first I thought this was for Adventure mode. Now that I actually let the idea of it being a stage sink in, I think this stage is a phenomenal.

*Edit*

Funny, the "ruins" part kinda made the whole stage thing for me.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Yeah, it isn't as colorful as the other Mushroom Kingdom stages, it's kind of bland.
But I still like this stage, it's like the old days and plus, scrolling stages, if everyone wants to admit it or not, are fun most of the times =D AND there's still the underground stage which offers variety.

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
I wonder if this part of the Mushroom Kingdom being in ruins will come up in Subspace Emissary at all. It'd be interesting if they gave more elaboration on why this area is in ruins, and where everyone is living now (Everyone still alive, perhaps...), e.g. did they all move? Did just the main characters escape before a giant moon hit the area?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
This is my favorite stage so far. The only thing I don't like about it is that it randomly selects between 1-1 and 1-2. They should have just made them both separate stages.

I wonder if they'll have other stages like this based on other games.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
The desert look really is a nice touch. I like the fact that it's a recreation of the entire level.

...And the style of music reminds me of Charlie Brown.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The desert look really is a nice touch. I like the fact that it's a recreation of the entire level.

...And the style of music reminds me of Charlie Brown.
Aye, the desert reminds me of home, and the music be very nostalgic with a fresh touch.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
This is probably my favourite of all the revealed stages, and it has awesome music too.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
So in gaming time, 22 years=Ancient?

I normally don't like scrolling stages, but this one looks fun..

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
OMG OMG OMG Mushroomy Kingdom!!! A stage that scrolls at a leisurely pace!! THAT'S WHAT I WANTED!! =O Okay well no doubt this will be my most favorite stage of all time... and I LOVE the music! ^.^

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I REALLY like this stage! I'll bet that recreations of 1-3 and hopefully 1-4 will be available to smash on as well. Although I wouldn't expect it, but the warp zone in 1-2 being fully intact would be insane - that would make the Mushroomy Kingdom the biggest stage ever in the Smash series.

~Old Man Nintendo

MrPitters2351

Smash Cadet
Awesome stage. Was looking forward to a desert-ruiny stage. Make me want to play 1-1 and 1-2. Cave stage is also a very nice touch. Looking forward to playing on this stage.
Now that we have desert, the stages look like a fantastic mix, don't you think?

Heegu

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. In the sse trailer we can see a ruiny stage.(right after ike does aether) Possibly this stage in sse?

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
i wonder why are you guys getting all worked up for
it's lame not green not mario galaxy not Peach's Castle but lame i got really mad when i saw this and i wish that i didn't see it:mad:

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I just feel depressed that its now all ruins....I wish it was more green and had more rivers of water in the background.

FigmentJedi

Smash Rookie
"You maniacs! You blew it up! You blew it all up! **** you dirty Kongs, **** you all to hell!"
Sorry, the whole ruins thing made Planet of the Apes go through my mind for some reason, but still freakin' cool they actually brought in THE original level.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
"You maniacs! You blew it up! You blew it all up! **** you dirty Kongs, **** you all to hell!"
Sorry, the whole ruins thing made Planet of the Apes go through my mind for some reason, but still freakin' cool they actually brought in THE original level.
:laugh: Nice one.

This stage is definitely brilliant. The ruined look, the music, it all comes togther.

As an aside, I predict that each time you scroll through the stage in a playthrough it will beome a bit more colourful and vibrant, eventually returning to its former glory.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
I quite like the colors, it reminds me of old movies giving it a retro tone.

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet
Wow this stage feels pretty dark. Its like someone just dropped a atom bomb on 1-1. Which is both eerie and awesome at the same time.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Wow this stage feels pretty dark. Its like someone just dropped a atom bomb on 1-1. Which is both eerie and awesome at the same time.
It was Bowser's retaliation for the times Mario stomped on his tiny castles. :laugh:

Top Bottom