• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pikmin Distant Planet Stage Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalv

Smash Rookie
i am not sure if i like this stage... it could be fun, guess i will have to wait to play it

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
It was actually hard for me to discern where the platforms were. If I had a better photo clearly highlighting them it would make the stage much more interesting to me. I didn't even notice the 3 leafs until I stared at it for a while. Looks like a small stage to me. (-__-)''

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
The first thing I noticed was the really detailed background which looked like it was from the actual game level and the creature was moving in the background. Though upon further inspection the creature does NOT move. In each picture you'll notice it's in the same position, even when the one comes and tries to eat you it's still in the same position....which i found is lame.

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
There's way too much going on in that level man. It seems like it's purely surviving the stage vs. fighting other players.

Rain, bouncing platforms, giant eatey things...

It looks great, but I probably won't be playing it much, if at all...

Eagle

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm very disapointed to the non-moving background. . .

Wouldn't it be kickass if Louie came and killed the Bulbin there?

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
This stage confuses the heck out of me. Because of the way the three floating platforms are set up, it totally looks like the entire stage is arched, and totally out of proportion. Also, it seems like there are waaaay too many gimicks thrown in. Bouncing platforms, pellets, onions, rain, fanged strawberry monsters; I think it's a little much.

That said, I still think this is a sweet looking level. I can't wait to see all of the crazy shenanigans that happen on top of that dirt slope during a rainstorm. :p

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty positive that the red tower thingy is sitting on top of the center leaf platform in that picture. That should give you an idea of what the heck you are looking at. :p

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Brilliant!

I'm really looking forward to this stage! I mean it looks tiny from the first screenshot, but when you look at the size of the characters in comparison, it looks like there's a lot of space to get involved in haha. I personally love all the additional features, like the rain, the enemies, the onion and the bouncy vines. It seems like there's a lot of potential for fun four player matches =D. I'm one for chaotic stages after all, with those like Big Blue and PokéFloats being amongst my favourites in Melee - this should be a laugh when it comes to parties ^^.

I'm definitely pleased with the Pikmin selection so far :).

-- Andy

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
OH!
I see it now, nevermind, that big brown tree is behind the bulborb

dude...

look at olimar compared to dedede and the rest of the characters, lol
come to think of it, olimar looks like he acually has one of the longest tether recoveries when he's got all his troops. interesting, I guess he wont be at such a disadvantage on average.

TheLake

Smash Master
At least it looks like its straight from the game. That much makes me pleased.

That and im a sucker for rain.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha... it would be ridiculous if Olimar could pluck Pikmin off the top of the bulborb.

As for the stage, I am very excited about it. Some nice level interaction that will not overwhelm the stage. This is probably my favorite of the new stages announced so far... even if it did get tagged with the delay.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I'm mainly glad that it doesn't scroll like most stages. But I don't know about you guys, I like this stage.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Simply a placeholder. Discuss.
Are you planning on adding something to your post? Because you should really give a description/pictures for this stage or otherwise it's a waste.

Anyway, I absolutely love this stage. It looks amazing really, and also very hectic to play on as a Pikmin stage should. really looking foward to it.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Are you planning on adding something to your post? Because you should really give a description/pictures for this stage or otherwise it's a waste.
Point taken. Although I find the stage amazing, I don't know much about Pikmin to be able to put in anything constructive. Anything I would have to add to it is pretty much already explained on the Dojo. :p Besides, main reason I started this thread was for you to post your opinions.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Personally, when I saw this stage I thought it was awesome. It's beautiful, so detailed, so good, and I think from the looks of it the Bublin(?) looks like it's just a dangerous version of the turtle on the Termina level in Melee, doesn't look like he invades the stage as such, just an extra although dangerous platform. Overall, I can't see this being a gimmicky stage, the only two hazards (creature and rain) only occur on a specific platform, the centre platform looks pretty safe, unlike Zebes for example where the lava floods almost the whole stage. Overall I look forward to trying it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's kinda hard to a sense of scale for the stage. All in all though it seems a bit largr than FD if you count both things on each side. And while it may be a walk off, it seems that it's got a fair deal of balance, since that one segmant isn't directly connected.

undeadkirby

Smash Cadet
people complain that there are too many gimmicks in this stage but if you've ever played pikmin/2 you'll know it stays true to them as the main goal is just to survive lol love this stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom