• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IRC for Coordinating ONLINE -FRIEND CODE BOT IS UP!

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Table Of Contents

0.Why IRC?
1.Starting Up ^_^
2.Dragonblades CHATZILLAIRC GUIDE FOR DUMMIES
3.Channels
4.Why Is IRC Better than Messageboards
5.Registering & Creating Scrims
6.Joining A Game
7.Finding your Double
8.Performing
8.Outro

0.Why IRC?

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. This will boost and help the smash board’s community and the other smashbros brawl communities. Basically it's a huge chat room where there will be game posted 24/7. So you can practically play with skilled people any time.

1. Starting up ^^

a. Go to http://gamesurge.net/newuser/ (read the tutorial). Sign up. And you will receive an email and this will come in handy later on in the tutorial.

b. Go to mirc.com and click download mIRC. Then click download mIRC.

c. When you setup mIRC you will see this (you can choose to register if you want if not wait till the continue button shows up)

d. It will bring you to this screen. Enter your name, and email and nick name and uncheck invisible.

e. Click on the servers option. Add. And add the server irc.us.gamesurge.net (same ports and everything)

f. Click on the Options option. Then click on the perform option. Type this info in the box. (If you’re only going to be using the gamesurge server choose all networks if you want. If not you can choose gamesurge your self. )

/authserv auth (gamesurgeaccount) (password) *type this in for your gamesurge account without the “()” type in the password the email gave you and use the nick that you signed up on gamesurge with.*

/join #smashscrim *fastmatch/scrim channel*
/join #smashtourny *tournament channel*
/join #findsmashpartner *findsmashpartner*
/join #smashworld *general chat*

It doesn’t matter what order it is in.

What this procedure does is that it automatically makes you joins these channels when starting up mirc also it logs into your gamesurge account automatically

g. After that, click connect option and click connect to server. And it should bring you too all the channels that’s discussed on this thread. GOOD LUCK. Have fun. If you need any help. Just aim me at differen7style

FRIEND CODE TRIGGER

This IS VERY IMPORTANT SO YOU CAN Recieve each others friend codes
To get the following instructions pm the friendcodebot !FCB Help or /msg friendcodebot !FCB Help

To register your friend code, PM the following to FriendCodeBot: !register YOURCODEHERE ( ex. !register 5555-5555-5555 )... If for some reason you enter the wrong code, use the same command and the old one will be overwritten ... To receive the code of another user, type the following: !fc USERSNICK ( ex. !FC Sportzfan15 ) ... Do note, be sure to let the user know that you have added them, so they can add you as well.

1. “Copy” the following:

Code:
on 1:text:!FC NICKNAME:*: {

/msg $nick FCCODE
}
2. In mIRC, click Tools>Scripts Editor (or hit Atl-R on your keyboard)

3. Click on the “Remote” tab

4. Click File>New (in the scripts editor window)

4. In your blank window “paste” the above

5. Before you close this window, change the YOURNICK (after !FC …space after FC) to the nickname you use on the channel. This should look like the following:

EXAMPLE: !FC Sportzfan15

Also, change the YOURFC to your friend code. It works best it you type it as follows:

EXAMPLE: 5555-5555-5555

When finished, it should look like this:

6. In that window, click File>Save as, and save it as "FCscript".

7. After all of this is done, click “OK”

That’s it…you now have your friend code trigger set up! This prevents you from having to type it out every time someone wants your code.

Now, if you don’t have mIRC or are unable to get it (you have a Mac for example), here is an alternative. If you would like to have a !FC trigger for your nickname, you can PM me your friend code and I will add it to my client. I am almost always online, so this will work.

(Note, this is possible to do in other programs, I am just not sure how scripts work in others. Feel free to PM me and I will do my best to try to help you figure it out.)

Don’t hesitate to PM me (here or on IRC) if you have any issues or need help of any sort. I am happy to help with any issues you might have. I am Sportzfan15 on the channel.

Happy Brawling!

2. Dragonblades CHATZILLAIRC GUIDE FOR DUMMIES

Getting on the IRC Channel

a. Step 1: Create an account
Go to http://www.gamesurge.net/createaccount/ to create an account.

b. Step 2: Install Chatzilla Firefox Plugin (if you don't already have an IRC client)
Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16 and install Chatzilla (requires Firefox). Make sure you go to Chatzilla preferences and make that consistent with your account (more detail soon...).

c. Step 3: Connect to a channel
Just click on one of the following:
irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/smashworld(general chat)
irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/smashscrim (scrimmage channel)
irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/findsmashpartner (finding doubles partner)

3. Channels

1. #smashworld (general chat)
2. #smashscrim (smashbrosbrawl scrimmages/for fun matches)
3. #findsmashpartner (finding a partner for doubles)
4. #smashtourny(daily tournaments)

4.Why Is IRC better than Message boards for scrimmages or (for fun matches) ?

1. It’s better than Forums or message boards
2. You can reply faster.
3. You can actually chat in real time or talk on a ventrillo server

5.Registering & Creating Scrims(For Fun Matches)

a. Step 1.

Use This Guide Join The Smash Bros Brawl Channel

http://www.gamesurge.net/newuser/
First you sign up on gamesurge.net.
Then you will recieve an email from gamesurge.net
The email will give you directions on how to login into your account on IRC

b. Step 2.

Type this in the dialog server status window after you finished step 1
/join #smashscrim

c. Step 3.

Creating a Game

The standard format for the scrim posting is

(Players) / Settings / Stage or Level/REGION&Country

Players
- Number of Players for the Match
Settings - If your going to use No-Items(No-I) or Lightning Mode(Fast) or Final Smash Balls(FSB), or even damage settings and Etc.
Stage or Level - Choose the Stage (corneria,bridge of eldin, your pick, etc.
Region - This will Ensure you who your playing with so you get the best latency or ping

d. After You Send the Room the Message

When you create a game, people will send you a PrivateMessage you and you will tell them a seperate channel
like #brawlscrim2345 or something like that

e. Reasons for a Seperate channel

- You can chat in real time
- Multiple users can join(just limit 4)
- You can get the brawl codes faster and easier.

f. Examples

1v1 / NO-I/NO-FSB/1.0 / Battlefield/UK

Doubles=2 Wiis ( In Which You Use 2 Wiis, that means 2 People On Each Wii)
2v2 = 4 Wiis ( In which You Use 4 Wiis, that means 4 Individuals with Wiis)

Doubles / NO-I/FSB/0.8 / Delfino Plaz or DP./East-USA

2v2 / NO-I/FSB/0.5 / Onett /Central-USA

(When You Create or Join a 2v2 brawl scrim you must tell your teammate or whoever you want to teamup with to join the channel)

FFA / Items/FSB/1.0 / Corneria / West-USA

6.Joining a Game

a. Clicking the Name

You click the name who posted the game
and a private message box shows up

b. Stating to Join

You are going to say “here!” or “lets play” something among those sorts
Example
You - Here! or Lets BATTLE!

c. Join this Channel!

Player - Ok the channel is #brawlscrim23455 (unless your doing 1v1 then you can chat in the Private Message Box)
You - Ok!

d. Joining a Channel

Double Click that channel to join or type this in your dialog box /join *channel*

Example
*Type* /join #brawlscrim23455

e. Exchanging Codes

Then you will Exchange Brawl Codes and play the game. look below for examples

Example

1v1

(if you don't know hwo to join a game, see reference for joining a game)

For Example

Just pm Friendcodebot or double click the nickname and say !FC "NICK"(there nickname) and it should send there FC write away and vice versa.

once each other enters brawl code then they say ready and join the game

Doubles

(if you don't know how to join a game, see reference for joining a game)

For Example

type in /join #(thechanneltheytoldyou)<YOU CAN CREATE ANY CHANNEL> (eg. (#smashscrim2323)

Just pm Friendcodebot or double click the nickname and say !FC "NICK"(there nickname) and it should send there FC write away and vice versa.

once each other enters brawl code then they say ready and join the game

2v2

For Example

type in /join #(thechanneltheytoldyou)<YOU CAN CREATE ANY CHANNEL> (eg. (#smashscrim2323)

crossjeremiah - i'm with randomguy1
randomguy2- i'm with Pancakeman

when everyone entered each others brawl code (if the case is that you need all codes to play 3 people instead of having one and the other 3 joining. )

crossjeremiah -rdy
randomguy1 - rdy
randomguy2 - rdy
PancakeMan- rdy

then you join the game.

FFA

For Example

type in /join #(thechanneltheytoldyou) <YOU CAN CREATE ANY CHANNEL> (eg. (#smashscrim2323)

when everyone entered each others brawl code (if the case is that you need all codes to play 3 people instead of having one and the other 3 joining. )

crossjeremiah -rdy
randomguy1 - rdy
randomguy2 - rdy
randomguy3 - rdy

then you join the game.

When your done with your match you can choose to keep them as a friend or delete them. i recommend getting a usb keyboard for entering wii codes.

7.Finding a your double

a. I dont have anyone...

You Can Join #findsmashpartner if you don't have a partner for 2v2

- in that channel your going to ask who wants to teamup or w/e

example

crossjeremiah - need 1 EAST
private message comes in

randomguy15 - I will ^_^l

b. This is Where We Meet

When you join a 2v2 Match tell him the channel of the match so he/she join

8. Performing

This is for you people who dislike typing /authserv auth "name" "pw" everytime you join.

a. For MIRC (regularVersion)

1.Goto

2.Tools/Options/Connect/Options/Perform

3. type these commands in the message box.

/authserv auth (username) (password)
/join #smashworld
/join #smashscrim
/join #findsmashpartner

There you will never have to authserv again

9. Outro

This will create a huge boost in the community like meeting new people and creating rivals.
Also You Can do Voice Chat with Ventrillo or any voicechatting program. You have to provide the voicechat server your self.

3-9-08 (smash release) THE #smashscrim channel will ban anyone who text flood with more than 3 lines per 60 secs. This is to kick out spammers and people who abuse the chat system. If you want to chat then join #smashworld. Though I won't be using the channel at that time because i'm getting the USA version I have taught people who bought the J-A-P version to use the smashscirm channel.

but i'll still monitor the channel even though i won't have the game yet

Note - This is not a tournament its a channel that will be up 24/7 for people who want to play from the forums or goodies anytime you like. its a great way to warm up before matches. but we will have tournaments organized soon.

if anyone wants to be a moderator in the channel since I can’t be on 24/7 just Private message me or post a comment (MUST KNOW HOW TO USE IRC TOO) also longer you stay idle, then you can get a level up to peon or maybe a op

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH IRC JUST PM ME OR IM me at AIM - differen7style

CHANNEL IS ONLINE

JAVA IRC. NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING
-

http://www.onlinebrawlcommunity.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=21

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
IRC is easy, just to install the Chatzilla Firefox plugin and click on a irc://... link. This is probably a good idea though.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
I just plugged in the IRC URL into chatzilla and it took me there. don't worry about signing up, guys, i think that's only if you wanna be an admin.

this is only useful if a lot of people join. please support this!

Mr.Snifflez

Smash Cadet
I just plugged in the IRC URL into chatzilla and it took me there. don't worry about signing up, guys, i think that's only if you wanna be an admin.

this is only useful if a lot of people join. please support this!
This is honestly a great procedure.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
well for #smashscrims you dont have to sign up on gamesurge. if you want to be part of the userlist for any of the channels then you need to sign up. i'm also thinking about having tournaments too. i just requested for #smashtourny.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah its definitely a useful tool, expect the online brawl community to have a channel as well before launch.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
You see these are not official matches they are just for fun matches or scrims and one day tournaments. no prizes or anything

Chout

Smash Rookie
This is a swell idea, i love IRC i used to use it all the time for unreal tournament. Someone once made a script in the community for IRC and it is by far the most fabolous script ive ever used. Im looking for it againa so if i get a hold of it ill post a link to it here, it is very useful and has many features for autojoining, auto signing in, many different skins, etc. etc.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Well autojoining will not work out so much, because these matches will be strictly userfind only.. if people hate /authserv auth

For MIRC (regularVersion)

Goto

Tools/Options/Connect/Options/Perform

and type in

/authserv auth (username) (password)
/join #smashworld
/join #smashscrim
/join #findsmashpartner

and you will never have to type in /authserv again or join the channels.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Its fast and easy if you want me to take you through a step by step process i can
just IM me at - AIM -differen7style or PM me

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll give it a try, it sounds fast and easy to use. Can you change your username once you make it? I kind of want it to be similar to my online smash name but I don't know what my name will be yet.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Well there currently 8+ users registered not counting the casuals or the people who didn't sign up
and theres 4 Operators.

-ChanServ- 500 Crossjeremiah Here Normal
-ChanServ- 200 arkitekt Here Normal
-ChanServ- 200 autobzooty Here Normal
-ChanServ- 200 FWFX4 Here Normal
-ChanServ- 100 cless-mint 16 hours and 12 minutes Normal
-ChanServ- 100 Neo-X 45 minutes and 29 seconds Normal
-ChanServ- 100 UtterKhaos 2 hours and 15 minutes Normal
-ChanServ- 100 ValiantNewbie 14 hours and 5 minutes Normal

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
yeah well...what if your computer is upstairs and your wii is in your basement? HOW WILL THIS WORK THEN?!

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Acutally your wrong. IRC is the best way to go. i have someone working on scripts for the channels right now. skype how are you organize 2v2 or ffa . best you can do is do 1v1 quickly. but you won't get your response right away on forums. thats why we use irc.

well to answer the wii location question.

1. Get a laptop
or
2. Move your Wii and TV and get a router if you dont have one

pirkid

Smash Lord
Really voice chat with Skype or this are the only good ways. I'd rather use this myself, it's a lot faster response-wise, but it's your choice.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Acutally your wrong. IRC is the best way to go. i have someone working on scripts for the channels right now. skype how are you organize 2v2 or ffa . best you can do is do 1v1 quickly.
Uhh...

1. Get on skype
2. Message one of your friends asking it they want to play
3. Message another one of your friends asking the same
4. Message another one asking the same
5. You all join the game and set up the match however you like.

Its not so hard...and although IRC may seem better, there's a lot of people who don't know how to use IRC. Skype is much easier. Its as easy as AIM or MSN, but with voice chatting and conferences added.

Www.smashfun.co.nr

lengeta

Smash Ace
You don't have to add friends in IRC, so it's better to meet up with other Smashers and play, rather than playing someone random. If your planning on playing with friends... yeah, that's different, and not really the purpose of this scrimmage channel.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
It seems like you put alot of effort into this, however Smashboards is planning something special to help with Coordinating Online Play, so the forum wont turn into another GameFAQs where most threads are asking for FCs.

Eszett

Smash Cadet
It seems like you put alot of effort into this, however Smashboards is planning something special to help with Coordinating Online Play, so the forum wont turn into another GameFAQs where most threads are asking for FCs.
If I might take a stab, will it involve matching up people based on preferences in items/stages/settings/etc.?

Anyways, I'll look into this IRC channel once the game comes out. I'll note it by tagging this post with the term megahallucination.

Top Bottom