• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Possible Leak Info. (WOW, just WOW) SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40549304

DISCLAIMER:
First off, I did not state ANY of this info. as my own and I myself am still questioning its credibility but, it all seems EXTREMELY legit and well-written. If this is proven, again PROVEN fake, please close this thread. However, as stated by many in the "What will you do when the leak comes" thread, give this kid a chance and read ALL of the info. without debunking it. This seriously could be our huge leak.

So originally, I was a little skeptical, this was posted by some kid named 'nin10dough' at GameFAQS (ugh, here we go again) who states he is a tester for the game and has played the near-final version (same story as always with these "leaks") He states that he has info on the remainder of the characters to be revealed as well as info. on remaining game Modes and Subspace Info.

nin10dough said:
1P MODE:

The Subspace Emissary:
Subspace Emissary is comparable to a choose your own path adventure game. The success and choices you make in your missions effect the outcome of the story. There are several different endings that rely on this factor. The better one preforms, the better the outcome will be (and the final coin reward).

The Subspace Emissary should be the first thing you play, as it unlocks various modes, characters, collectibles, CD's, and stages.

Upon beating Subspace Emissary with a good ending one unlocks:
X2 Sticker Packs
X5 Random Trophies
The Battleship Halberd Trophy
X amount of coins (Usually a huge amount)
Stage: Subspace Palace
Game Mode: Subspace Survival
Game Mode: Boss Showdown! (only the 1P version)
Challenger: JaJaMaru (1st play through)
Subspace Emissary: Episode 2

Also, your Subspace Emissary accomplishments are displayed on the Wi-fi mode:' Top Brawler' profile. (Does not change your rank however).

JaJaMaru is a ninja, I have no clue what game he is from to be honest. He is really fun to play as, and is similar to Sheik except his shuriken are WAY stronger than the needles. His Final Smash is some sort of Frog too, as apposed to Sheik's Harp of the Sheikah, which is a lame attack.
Okay WOAH, hold up. That's a ****-load of detailed info. This is right when I began to question that he might be the real deal. Sakurai already stated there would be a Boss Mode and "Boss Showdown!" sounds exactly like what he would call it. The rewards for Subspace do not seem too outrageous and Jajamaru sounds like the perfect WTF character. He was the star of Ninja-Jajamaru-kun for the NES which was one of the first "import" genre games to come to VC. Shiek returning and with a "Harp of the Sheikah" all seems very plausible.

Fianlly, Subspace Palace sounds to me like a Final Destination II.

Okay, ready for Bombshell Part II. I certainly wasn't...
nin10dough said:
Subspace Emissary: Episode II is a harder version of the original with an alternate storyline. (Unlocked characters have roles in it unlike the normal mode).
Since you are all curious about the Rank comment.

Top Brawler is a wi-fi mode that allows friends to view each others records over wi-fi. More importantly, there is a 'Top 100' list of players based on these profiles (the ones that submitted the information).

I imagine it will be quite an honor to be on this list once the game gets rolling. (I was ranked 17th! out of all the testers, in case you wanted to know) The number 1 brawler is known as The Top Brawler, and is rewarded with the Top Brawler Trophy. This stays in your collection forever.

There is a list of:

Wifi Matches Won/Lost
Vs Matches Won/Lost
Subspace Acheivements
KO's
Total Playtime
Damage Taken/ Given
Self-Destructs
Classic Mode Highscore
Target Test Best times
Smash Off (Formally Known as Multi-man Melee) Highscores
Homerun Contest Distance
Stickers Aquired
Trophies Aquired
Boss Trophies Aquired
Coin Total

There are many factors more that count toward the ranking formula...

Interestingly enough it also lists non-rankable statistics like which character your friend's play the most, their favorite item, Smash Balls broken, and other fun things..
INFORMATION OVERLOAD. Here's where knew this kid was telling the truth.

First off, he states that unlock Subspace Emmisary, Episode 2, has an alternate storyline with some unlockables. Now at first, I though this contradicted what Sakurai said on the Dojo about unlocking characters through Subspace but it actually doesn't. You see, he just stated SE unlocks characters, he didn't ever say they were CHARACTERS in Subspace.

Okay second, that entire list of ranks sounds extremely likely and a rename of the Multi-man is nothing out of the ordinary. Also, for everyone who says "Nintendo would never do ranks, FAKE", check this. It's only ranks between friends. It's not WORLD RANKS. This makes nin10dough's statement ALOT more credible.

Okay, ready for more?

nin10dough said:
Ridley is not in Brawl at all, not as a boss or character.
The Metroid series only has two playable characters, Sylux and Samus, and Sylux is very similar to Samus.

In response to the post over the Wi-Fi match part of ranking, it counts for every battle, the catch is that it is only seen in this mode.

Takamaru the samurai is in as an Assist Trophy.

Unlocking Captain Falcon is rather hard to explain but I will do my best.
Captain Falcon is in Brawl, you unlock him if you finish Zero Suit Samus's first mission (The first time you play as her)under one minute, and than choose him over Snake, win against Snake, and than pick him over Zero Suit Samus.
Captain Falcon is nearly the same as he was in Super Smash Brother's Melee, but is a bit slower. His Final Smash is "Final Stretch", a random fighter get's "Rival" over their head, and Captain Falcon's ship Blue Falcon,slams toward them (Usually KO'ing, and when it does KO, Captain Falcon crosses his arms and poses with cool fire around him).

For those wondering about Lucario, he requires one to collect 100 trophies to unlock, to me one of the hardest characters to unlock.
His A moves are actually punch combos, every single one of them!
This might seem stale but his B moves make it work very nicely. His standard B move is a blue version of Mewtwo's dark ball, I think it is called Aura Blast or something. Smash+B is Vacuum Punch, which pulls the foe to Lucario. Up B, is Extremespeed, which is like Mewtwo's Teleport, but it is directional like Zelda's, and it causes damage. Down B is Counter, (Think Marth). His Final Smash is 'Close Combat', he dashes at the opponent (Like Link's Final Smash), and than unleashes a blinding fury of punches, easily KO'ing the foe at 40%+.

Ness and Wolf are both in Brawl, to get them you must beat Classic with Lucas and Fox respectively.

Wolf O'Donnell is an interesting character actually, because he plays much differently from Fox (Unlike Falco) He has no Blaster, instead he uses a Rocket Launcher similar to Snake's, and his UP+B is a Jet Pack. If anything he plays like Snake!

Yes, there are third party bosses, as Dr. Eggman and a Metal Gear are fought in the Subspace Emissary.

Ganondorf is in, and he actually has his own moveset. His appearence is much different from that of Super Smash Brothers Melee, and he has a white hole in his chest for some reason. His Down: B pulls out a light sword too, which I thought was very out of character. He has alot of magic based attacks, and is slower than Ike.
HOLY JEEZ! WTF! These are the big bombshells. NO RIDLEY.

Honestly though, this gave him EVEN MORE credibility. Any other "leaker" would've stated, "Oh yeah, Ridley is totally playable." But no, this kid went all out. Just because his theme is in the game, doesn't mean he is...remember the X: Tunnel Scene update? And Sylux as the 2nd rep no less? WOW, that is also WTF. Of course, Sylux was on Sakurai's poll with 2 votes so good to see him.

Capt. Falcon is unlockable for one thing and along with only a few other unlockables as nin10dough stated earlier is part of the 1st Subspace Emissary Run-Through. His Final Smash sounds exactly like we all expected utilizing the Blue Falcon. Sounds as though, from the description, Samus in her suit actually comes later and you first play as only ZSS. Sounds logical as the first CG we saw of Samus in the Emmissary was of her in the Zero Suit.

Lucario takes Mewtwo's place. Again, expected, we all pretty much knew this...and his moveset sounds cool sounds like a Luigified Mewtwo but way better. And the whole "Ness is back" thing is again a pleasant surprise especcially along with a Wolf and Falco confirmation..

Ganondorf, of course is back and has a VERY interesting moveset. I must try him once more...The white hole in his chest, for those of you who don't know, confirms his Twilight Princess costume.

BTW, for those of you keeping track at home this COMPLETELY lines up with everything the first major "prophet" (The kid who said Dragoon was an item) said. Honestly, this "nin10dough" can't be making this up.

And finally, the moment we've all been waiting for, 3rd Party.

nin10dough said:
Sonic pairs with Pit/ Mario/ Kirby depending on the choices you make in the Subspace Emissary. You unlock Knuckles actually, by beating Classic Mode with him on Hard.

Knuckles is one the better characters to be honest. He is basically overpowered. He is a very heavy character, yet he is also fast on his feet... and he has tons of strong punches. He can actually climb ledges, when you use his UP B, which is Echindna Glide, and can burrow underground with his DOWN B. His Final Smash is a powerful punch to the ground that literally KO's anyone it hits, damaging anyone one the ground with shockwaves.

SamuraiPanda. I am crying tears of joy with you right now. Knuckles is in and apparantly has a moveset based around digging and burrowing", very unique and awesome.
KNUCKLES IS IN! HAHAHA!

nin10dough said:
Capcom has no part of this game, so those asking for Pheonix Wright and Megaman are out of luck. You can expect however, to see two of Square's characters, Cecil and Geno. If you need more detail, Cecil is a faster version of Ike, with a different Final Smash, and Geno is a blue scarecrow from some obscure Mario game that attacks using stars and lazers.

There are 500 trophies in total, and 44 characters.As per my testing, I've tested extensively where I know everything there is to know about the game. I'm taking the time to read everyone's posts, so forgive me for the lack of speedy replies.
All characters have different color schemes, but yes only Wario has an Alternate costume...
For the person asking about Top Brawler, I will tell you that is consent only, and the only way you can view a profile is by having that person on your Friend List.
I'm spent, I can't keep up with all the questions. Good night everyone, I will be back again soon after a good rest, and by than I'll have the energy to post longer replies to all your questions.

GENO AND CECIL?!

Perfect reps. We all pretty much suspected Geno but CECIL? PERFECT CHOICE. He reps. old-school FF games and, much like Roy, advertises for the remake coming this summer to DS. Good move, Sakurai.

As for the 500 trophies, that sounds totally rep and 44 characters is a solid amount (he still has yet to comment on about 7 characters. My bet? Olimar and Issac are in that mix...). Also, with the detail to Top Brawler, "friend's consent" rankings sound like the perfect way to go and exactly what the BIG N would do.

So as a quick summary:

-500 Trophies, 44 Characters

-Previously Unconfirmed Characters Include:
-JaJaMaru
-Sheik
-Sylux
-Capt. Falcon
-Lucario
-Ness
-Wolf O' Donnell
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Knuckles <- YES!
-Cecil
-Geno

-Character DECONFIRMATIONS include:
-Ridley
-Takamaru (Is a AT)

-"Friend's Consent" Ranking System called "Top Brawler" is confirmed.

-Subspace Palace is CONFIRMED as a Stage.

So, all in all, I 99% believe him, and trust me, I'm the guy who's talking about the crap that Prophets make up on Smash Dash this Sunday and I BELIEVE THIS IS REAL. If I believe in it, you totally should, plus all his info. lines up with everything every minute detail that every major leaker(ChaosZero, Serebii) said. IF this guy is making stuff up though, he definitely had some good ideas. I wouldn't have even THOUGHT of Cecil...

GOD...Transcribing all this for you guys took HELLA work. Enjoy!

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
This thread is a failure. It was started yesterday and we all went into detail and Youko closed it because it's fake. Sorry!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
No Olimar=FAILURE!

I can't believe some loser took the time to post such a large FALSE rumor...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
sorry for making the long post, but this has been proven fake.

besides, even if it wasn't proven fake by now, it's still too unbelieveable to be real.
I mean, takamaru, an AT? Impossible.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Supposedly this was proven fake because the nin10dough guy said that there is a top 100 brawler thing for wifi, and that only your wifi friends can see your vs. matches records and stuff. And he states that there is a top 100 and we know you can only have 64 friends because of one of the updates.

I think that doesn't prove him wrong at all. It jsut misinterprets information.

But anyways, we won't know if this is true or false for another few weeks.

Certainly got me excited though.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
How was this proven fake? Link please.

-Olimar, I believe, will be one of the 7 he hasn't talked about.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Supposedly this was proven fake because the nin10dough guy said that there is a top 100 brawler thing for wifi, and that only your wifi friends can see your vs. matches records and stuff. And he states that there is a top 100 and we know you can only have 64 friends because of one of the updates.
You canonly have 64 friends but think about this...

The poster neither confirmed nor denied Wii Console friends.

And also, Top 100 is a BLANKET statement. The kid could've just said that in a hurry. The amount of info. That is stated just makes it seems extremely realistic.

I would kindly ask for MODs to not close this thread until definite proof against it is shown.

Macrofly

Smash Cadet
This is very interesting. And even if it's fake, it's still pretty interesting.

Also, on what basis was this proven fake? Not that I'm doubting Youko, but I never saw the thread in question and I'm curious.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I'm really glad it's fake. For Captain Falcon's FS, I won't accept anything less than physical combat.

But this guy has the right idea for a Lucario moveset, at least.

Coselm

Smash Ace

And also, Top 100 is a BLANKET statement. The kid could've just said that in a hurry. The amount of info. That is stated just makes it seems extremely realistic.

I would kindly ask for MODs to not close this thread until definite proof against it is shown.
Well he mentions you have to submit your record. So maybe 100 top Brawlers are chosen each day by your vs. record?

Anyways that has nothing to do with your friends list, so he is not proven fake at all.

Again, I am not stating that I believe it is correct, simply that there is no reason he is proven wrong, and thus no reason to close this thread.

I REPEAT THIS HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN FAKE! IF THERE IS SOMETHING DISPROVING THIS THAT I HAVE MISSED, THEN PLEASE FILL ME IN!

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
interesting, this would be nice if this was real

i not saying it isnt real, but im not saying i believe it

nuro

Smash Lord
Nazo no Masamejou was a bomb. Despite how good it was no one bought it. The game is extremely rare even amongst emulation. Takamaru represents Japanese culture a lot which is probably why his game wasn't made in N.America. He really has less popularity even compared to the IceClimbers or Balloon Fighter. Even though he would be a great addition I still have my doubts of him being playable.

Besides if he was in he would easily be over powered. The guy eats ninjas for breakfast. JK ;)

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Another thing to prove it fake: Sakurai's said you'll unlock a bunch of characters on the first run of SSE, but this guy says you unlock like 1. This guy is just too unbelievable. He also said he's coming back today after he sleeps, but where is he? Nah. He's fake.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
This had been posted before and was closed, so the same will happen to this thread.

GameFAQs deleted the thread, but he did post again, naming every character. Now, this guy is making claims with no proof, and although he very detailed, there's an equal chance this is real or fake, so take what you will from this. No Olimar or Issac, so i prefer to keep an open mind until three weeks time.

-------------------------------------

Hello, I am an anonymous source who has recently finished testing the upcoming Wii title Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. Refer to me as 'Jake' if you have a query on any of the information in this post. I shall not be using my real name for obvious reasons.

As you may know, the NSTC Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, is scheduled for launch on the 10th of February this quarter. Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Dojo! has been faithfully updating fans on a semi-weekly basis, until now. I plan to use this gap as a chance to release some information of my own.

This is the second leak session I will be making pertaining to the upcoming Nintendo Wii title: Super Smash Brothers: Brawl.

First off, I would like to tell you that I now have another consultant, my fellow tester "Ace" who has a better knowledge of Nintendo games in general than I. According to Ace,Ridleyis in Brawl, but not as a boss. He is a stage hazard in theMetroid stage Tallon IV, I had just asumed that it was some sort of dinosaur wildlife. Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, as I have onlybasicgaming experience with non-fighting games.

Other than Ridleyhowever, 'Ace' found no decrepancies with the information I have given you, though he wants me to clarify that while the Top Brawler profiles are friend only, but the Top 100 is not.

Alright, now for some new information.

I will give you a full character list due to the demand.

-Characters-

Starting Roster:

- Mario, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Link, Zelda/ Sheik, Wario, Samus/ Zero Suit Samus, Fox, IceClimber,Kirby, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe, Pit, Pikachu, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Ike,and Lucas

That is a total of twenty. 10 on the top row and than 10 on the bottom.

? OOOOO OOOOO ?

? OOOOO OOOOO ?

? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?

? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

-Secret Characters

Jigglypuff (C.lassic Mode Clear)

Luigi (Subspace Emissary)

Captain Falcon (In Subspace Emissary)

Ness(Beat C.lassic mode on Normal withLucas)

Wolf(Beat C.lassic mode on Normal withFox)

Zelgius (Beat C.lassic mode on Normal with Ike)

Cecil (In Subspace Emissary)

Ganondorf ( Clear Event 120: Triforce Gathering 2)

Plusleand Minun (Clear Event 80: Opposites Attack)

Sylux ( Clear Event 46: Hunting Season)

JaJaMaru-Kun, (Subspace Emissary Clear ),

Marth(BeatSmash Off Survival for the first time)

Lucario (Collect 100 trophies)

9-Volt (See every Assist Trophy)

Mr. GameN Watch (Complete Target Test with everystartingcharacter)

Geno (Subspace Emissary)

Dixie Kong (Subspace Emissary)

Mii Man/Girl [Caped version of your Chosen Mii] (Share with 30 friends over Wi-Fi/ or play 300 VS matches)

Snake (Subspace Emissary)

Knuckles (Clear C.lassic Mode with Sonic on Hard)

Krystal (Subspace Emissary)

Bowser Jr. (I cannot remember this one for the life of me! Neither does Ace...)

Tamagon (Clear All Events)

Ray (Unlock every character,thancomplete ****c mode with each )

Phew. There is your list, 44 in all. I'm taking questions on this list on MSN and on the forum.

Contact Information: Rock2ways@hotmail.com

Boofer

Smash Ace
We've already discussed this in the Rumor thread. Serebii basically confirmed it was fake. Though I'd kill for Knuckles in brawl.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
This could be fake, when was it proven fake anyways? XD

Also, he doesn't say anything about Falco being in :o

EDIT: nvm looked at the above posts o.o

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord

We already had threads about it, so I'm sure it would get closed anyway.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Epic failure. Some of those are common sense/reasonable guesses that most of us have probably made. Others are just ******** and/or go against what Sakurai said. Also, this is coming from GameFAQs...Just...no...

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
we will see if he is telling the truth when the game comes out....if he is telling the truth awsome, if not im gonna slap myself for believing him.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles taking the 3rd slot for 3rd parties AND as another rep for Sonic? That's a big no no. There are many 3rd party games that have influenced Nintendo in Japan and America.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Interesting....
Not sure if I can or cannot believe this cause has an equal amount of "too good to be true" and "sounds right" info

Cocoashadow

Smash Apprentice
It really doesn't take much to persuade people that you have legitimate information, does it?
Sad, really....

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
He contradicts the Dojo's statements several times in his post, it's a fake.

Also, Pusle&Minum Playable=FAIL.

My work is done.

Here's an Example: Sakurai stated the 3rd Party characters will be unlockable, but his Roster says Sonic and Snake are Starters!

Coselm

Smash Ace
Still nothing proven fake.

One nameless source can not prove another nameless source wrong in my opinion.

Pretty cool update he did.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Tamagon belongs in the same world as Devil. Devil did not have an icon. His list had Tamagon as playable. Its fake.

Macrofly

Smash Cadet
Not saying this is true at all, but...I think the logic of "WHAT? My favorite character isn't in! This has to be false!" fails horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom