• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trashday 4: Tournament of Upsets - Houstin, TX - Apr 12, 08

Trashday

Smash Rookie
Trashday 4: Tournament of Upsets 4/12/08 Houston,TX

Trashday 4: Tournament of Upsets is the only tournament to have a Guarantee pot for DR and it's not sponsored, supported by the community for the community.

Guarantee $1,600 pot for DR
1) $1,000
2) $300
3) $200
4) A nice hand shake or a pat on the back and a better luck next time....

TRASHDAY 4
Date:April 12, 2008
Venue: University of Houston

Venue Fee: $5

Games
Tekken DR
($1,600 pot)
$25 dollar entry fee
2/3 matches
3/5 matches in losers and winners finals
4/7 matches for the grand finals
Double elimination

Marvel vs Capcom 2
(70%,20%,10%)
$10 entry fee
2/3 matches
3/5 matches for the grand finals
Double elimination

3rd Strike
(70%,20%,10%)
$10 entry fee
2/3 matches
Double elimination

Capcom vs SNK 2
(70%,20%,10%)
$10 entry fee
2/3 matches
Double elimination

Soul Calibur 3
(70%,20%,10%)
$10 entry fee
2/3 matches
Double elimination
VC only allowed post-GI (and you must not attack)
VC allowed except for zas-rethrow and any other glitch that messes up the camera...

Run by- Mr.3000
GGXX:AC
(70%,20%,10%)
$10 entry fee
2/3 matches
Double elimination

Run by - Mr.3000
SuperSmash Bros Brawl
Guaranteed $700 POT!!
1st - $400
2nd - $200
3rd - $100

$15 entry fee
singles
doubles

more games to come.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it's gonna be in April of '08 you might want to look into hosting a Brawl tourney instead...

Just a suggestion. Also don't double post.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
^What Drew said. Brawl plz.

TGM

Smash Lord
Brawl or not. i will attend and i can help run this in away you guys see fit......if u need me. Ive ran a huge amount of tournaments on houston.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I remember correctly, the place wasn't really crowded last year other than the actual playing area where all the TVs were. For anyone that goes to UH, it's that huge empty room across from the Game Room at the UC that has a huge glass window. At least I think that's the place...

Do you need people to help by bringing TVs/systerms/discs?

Trashday

Smash Rookie
Brawl or not. i will attend and i can help run this in away you guys see fit......if u need me. Ive ran a huge amount of tournaments on houston.

yeah we could use some help running smash brothers.

If I remember correctly, the place wasn't really crowded last year other than the actual playing area where all the TVs were. For anyone that goes to UH, it's that huge empty room across from the Game Room at the UC that has a huge glass window. At least I think that's the place...

Do you need people to help by bringing TVs/systerms/discs?

yes, we need all the help we can get with Tv's/systems/discs. IF YOU BRING A SETUP, YOUR VENUE FEE WILL BE WAIVED.

which system would be best for you guys?

Would everyone perfer bawl? if so it will be brawl.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Brawl if possible. Two months should be enough time to practice. A general rule set should be created by then, and most people should have everything unlocked by this time.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ahh...I wanted to hit up the last Trashday just for AC, but with smash in it now too its a done deal. I'll bring a cube+tv.

I'm assuming smash will be double elim?

Also, listen to TGM regarding rules. Hes ran lots of tournies, and smash rules is really complicated compared to like AC and 3S.

Trashday

Smash Rookie
we are making it brawl.

Ok We are starting the registration process now...everyone should have used to the format before but if not...

ex:

Jerry Flores(Full Name)
Superman (Handle)
T5DR (Games)
Houston, Texas (State)

we need your help on getting everything to run smooth.

Trashday

Smash Rookie
The tournament will be Brawl

please register to help make this tournament run smoothly.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Might as well go ahead and register, aye?

Alexander Maguire
Sethlon
SSBB, + Guilty Gear AC
Magnolia, Texas

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
David Chen
Rockettrainer
SSBB
Sugar Land, Tx

This will be epic.

Trashday

Smash Rookie
thanks for registering, I need everyone to register to help make this tournament run smoothly.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
I've been hitting up Trash Day since #2, and I fully support the tourmanet.
No doubt I'm showing up for this!

Trashday

Smash Rookie
here is the rule set for Brawl:
- 1v1
- Time limit: 6 min
- 3 stock
- Items: off
- Stage selection set to random, looser of previous round selects stage
- Stages for Random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Isle Delfino, Yoshi's Island(Brawl version), Halbeard, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Pokemon stadium(DX)

- Stages for Counterpick: All the one's within random plus, Great Sea, Norfair, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise

- Banned stages: Luigi's Mansion, Mushroomy Kingdom, Rumble Falls, Coneria, Eldin Bridge, Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Onett, Port Town, Wario Ware, New Pork City, Skyworld,The Summit, 75m, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 2, Pictochat, frigrate Orpheon, Electroplankton Stage, Shadow Moses, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island(DX), Big Blue, Distant Planet, Castle Siege, Mario Circuit, Greenhill Zone

heytallman

CTALL
It's good to see Norfair on the counterpick list, but I'm a tad disappointed at Corneria being banned. Also a bit sad to see mario circuit and pictochat. Oh well. This'll still be a really fun tournament though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This isn't the final ruleset right? It might need some revisions. Once the game is released, can we make some suggestions?

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
This isn't the final ruleset right? It might need some revisions. Once the game is released, can we make some suggestions?
This is the tentative ruleset for Trashday. The finalized ruleset will be re-posted a few weeks before the actual event. If you would like to suggest a change to the ruleset, please post it in the following manner:

Change: (describe the change suggested)
Reason: (give a detailed reason based on facts, not on opinion)

(The following is an Example)
Change: Ban the stage Pictochat
Reason: Certain random elements appear that deal waaaay too much damage/kill players

Any suggestion NOT following the above format will be Ignored.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Registration will begin at noon.
The Brawl set-ups will start at 1 pm.

Brawl 1v1 tournament will begin at 1:30 pm.
Brawl 2v2 will start immediately after 1v1 concludes.

These are the 1v1 and 2v2 rules for Brawl.

- 1v1
- Time limit: 6 min
- 3 stock
- Items: OFF
- Stage selection set to random, looser of previous round selects stage
- Stages for Random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Smashville
- Stages for Counter pick: All the one's within random plus, Mario Circuit, Pirate Ship, Frigrate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Isle Delfino, Pokemon Stadium
- Banned stages: Norfair, Luigi's Mansion, Mushroomy Kingdom (both versions), Rumble Falls, Eldin Bridge, Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Port Town Aero Dive, Castle Siege, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, The Summit, Skyworld, 75m, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 2, PictoChat, Hanenbow, Shadow Moses Island, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Onett, Big Blue

- 2v2
- Time Limit: 6 min.
- 3 stock
- Items: OFF
- Team Attack: ON
- Life Stealing: Allowed
- Each player must use a different character. (Ex: no Pit & Pit teams)
- Random stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Halberd, Lylat cruise, Smashville, Rainbow Cruise
- Counterpick stages: Mario Circuit, Pirate Ship, Frigrate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Isle Delfino, Pokemon Stadium
- Banned stages: Norfair, Luigi's Mansion, Mushroomy Kingdom(both versions), Rumble Falls, Eldin Bridge, Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Port Town Aero Dive, Castle Siege, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, The Summit, Skyworld, 75m, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 2, PictoChat, Hanenbow, Shadow Moses Island, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island(Melee), Onett, Big Blue

In General
- Dave Stupid Rule: If player wins on a certain stage during a set, he can not counter pick that stage again during the set.
- No pausing during a match under any circumstances, or DQ
- No sudden death. Ties broken by %

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm freaking pumped I really hope my friend can come too.
This would make that weekend sooo much better.

Peyton Swartzell
Popertop
SSBB
Beaumont, TX

heytallman

CTALL
DugFinn, where is Isle Delfino? In the updated ruleset, I didn't see Isle Delfino listed anywhere, on either th 1v1 and the 2v2 lists. I'm hoping it's still set on neutral.

Top Bottom