• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Is anyone here saddened by what happened to Rainbow Road?

I for one really love the scenery and detail they put into the track. It's really beautiful. You see the Earth below you, everything's really bright and colorful etc.
But er.... The music was sorta lacking. >_> F-Zero X, MK:DD, and MK64 Rainbow Road music is where it's at in that order. (I really suggest listening to the F-Zero one, holy ****!)

PS, I love Funky Kong (XD wtf?) and Yoshi in this game.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
But er.... The music was sorta lacking. >_> F-Zero X, MK:DD, and MK64 Rainbow Road music is where it's at in that order. (I really suggest listening to the F-Zero one, holy ****!)
Have you heard the F-Zerofied version of the MK64 Rainbow Road theme that is in the F-Zero X Expansion kit? It's the best of the lot if you ask me. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXqJEEAA-sw

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Who doesn't love Funky Kong :laugh:
"Not I" said Viper. But anyways, I sent my Wii to Nintendo and won't get it back until next Friday. It's kind of sad..... by the time I get Mario Kart Wii, I can't play it. D:

But at least I got the other Mario Karts to pass on the time. "Play's it" ......IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!! DX

M.K

Level 55
Is there an MP3 of the F-Zero Rainbow Road? PLEASE direct me to it! (Did they create a track for Rainbow Road or something?

kthxbai!

§leepy God

Smash Master
I thought Rainbow Road was a sweet song in this game.... huh, I guess I have bad taste, but I'll be maining King Boo once again; ha haaaa!!!!

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered this. I'm kind of upset that the United States gets it last, but I guess we deserve it since other regions of the world got Brawl far later than us/still haven't gotten Brawl yet. In any case, I think this will be an epic game.

Banana Boy

Smash Rookie
so here´s my fc : 2578 34171150 (in -game name: MF~Zaphod)

but don´t judge me yet because this is my first post,i´m not that bad

and please send me a pm if you added me ,so i can add you ,too

XACE-K

Smash Master
so here´s my fc : 2578 34171150 (in -game name: MF~Zaphod)

but don´t judge me yet because this is my first post,i´m not that bad

and please send me a pm if you added me ,so i can add you ,too
Post count doesn't affect how well you play a game you really shouldn't be judged.

M.K

Level 55
I can't wait, tomorrow is the big day, I can't wait to race ALL of you on online play!

Just a quick question on some gameplay fundamentals, which weight class seems to be the dominant one this time around?

Patinator

Smash Champion
I have a question for the people who have this game.

How hard is it to unlock stuff? I read that there are a couple of pretty wicked unlock methods... For example...

OBTAIN AT LEAST ONE STAR RANK FOR ALL 150CC NEW CUPS. What. The. Flying. Mayonnaise.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah....but actually 12 more hours....until Gamestop opens -.-

Hold up, is there a midnight realese?

Banana Boy

Smash Rookie

How hard is it to unlock stuff? I read that there are a couple of pretty wicked unlock methods... For example...

OBTAIN AT LEAST ONE STAR RANK FOR ALL 150CC NEW CUPS. What. The. Flying. Mayonnaise.

It´s not that hard ,it just takes too long.
But i think you can unlock everything by playing on wifi I got Toadette for 1000 Victories(but I can´t tell you what exactly is meant by "voctory" because I haven´t done 1000 races yet)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

Definitely harder then MK: DD. Don't know about MK: DS.

It's not that it's hard, it just requires alot more work.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I got me the game.... with no Wii.... man this sucks to have my Wii imported by the time I get this game. DX

Banana Boy

Smash Rookie
Definitely harder then MK: DD. Don't know about MK: DS.

It's not that it's hard, it just requires alot more work.
Most work is to get
Mii Outfit B
and it´s somewhat pointless ,I can´t see a non-visual difference between that one and the first one .

Banana Boy

Smash Rookie
Well, thanks N9NE and Banana Boy.

So what's this I hear about "rubber band AI" on 150cc? Certain game reviewers complain about it.

I don´t really know, what you mean by "rubber band" (I`m German) ,probably the loads of blue and red shells and pow-blocks beeing aimed at you ,but to me it does´t seem much worse than in 100cc ,you just got to have a big distance between you and the others and parry the red shells .

And if you just meant their behaviour ,it didn´t seem to have changed that much they still won´t try to evade/parry items ,or keep some to evade your´s .

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
this game is awesome!
but 150 cc is really hard with all the items coming at you...it still rocks though!

Patinator

Smash Champion
I don´t really know, what you mean by "rubber band" (I`m German) ,probably the loads of blue and red shells and pow-blocks beeing aimed at you ,but to me it does´t seem much worse than in 100cc ,you just got to have a big distance between you and the others and evade the red shells .

And if you just meant their behaviour ,it didn´t seem to have changed that much they still won´t try to evade items ,or keep some to evade your´s .
Hmm. Well, I guess it could be that...

But... EVADING Red Shells? Since when is THAT possible? O_o

Banana Boy

Smash Rookie
Hmm. Well, I guess it could be that...

I mean you keep an item behind you to parry/repel/stave off/ward off the red shells (didn´t know the right word ,had to look it up in a dictionary ,sorry)

Banana Boy

Smash Rookie
Mario Kart is awesome! I'll give you guys my friend code once I train a little more and unlock everything.

Banana Boy, rubber band heißt Gummiband. Keine Ahnung was das mit KI zu tun hat, aber das ist die wörtliche Übersetzung.

Die Übersetzung war mir klar ,wusste nur nich was dass bedeuten soll ,dachte das wär irgend ein Sprichwort oder so *räusper*

Didn´t you unlock most stuff yet or did you get the game just a few days ago ?My friend list could really need some more entries....(Ich schreib ma lieber in Englisch weiter^^)

M.K

Level 55
I keep getting the "You were disconnected from the other players" message on Wi-Fi.

Is this a problem with my Wi-Fi connection?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Mario Kart Wii is good but the only things I hate are the new Rainbow Road and racing the staff ghosts.

If you want my friend code, its 4639-9351-2170

PM me if you add it.

D13

Smash Ace
There were a few times when I was able to powerslide away from a red shell so that it missed me. I can't do it consistently, but it's so awesome when it works lol.

*I haven't done it in Mario Kart Wii, I don't have the game yet.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want my Friend Code its 0001-3711-7850. im not that good yet but im getting used to he wii wheel (not realy) so PM me if youd like to add me.

-peace

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I keep getting the "You were disconnected from the other players" message on Wi-Fi.

Is this a problem with my Wi-Fi connection?
Nope don't worry happens to me sometimes.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to join a friend in a worldwide race? If so, sometimes all 12 slots get full before you join.

Mario Kart Wii is good but the only things I hate are the new Rainbow Road and racing the staff ghosts.

If you want my friend code, its 4639-9351-2170

PM me if you add it.
Don't worry about RR. I hated it too but soon you'll get used to it. I'll add you.

Btw guys add me, My FC 0301-9916-4866. Message me if you add me.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
what the best kart in your opinion? (speaking to everyone)

im trying to find a good cart but none really stand out to me....although i don't have all of them yet

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I started using Koopa and the Concerto.

But bikes are much better. Nearly all the time winners online use bikes.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
oh...i haven't been online yet so i haven't seen what everyone is using

so whats the best bike then? i just can't seem to get good rankings in 150cc

Yaya

Smash Champion
I use Koopa Troopa with Standard Bike S right now.

Haven't unlocked anything except for the Tiny Titan.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I just got done playing Mario Kart Wii over my firends place, so far I'm maining Rosalina. I didn't think she would be all that good until I played her and won a lot. Still waiting for Toadette after we get all the stages then go to time trials. -_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom