• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The (Official) Sora Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

Sora, the main character from Kingdom Hearts, is a much requested character. He is voiced by Miyu Irino in the Japanese version and Haley Joel Osment in the English version.

Born and raised on Destiny Island he, together with his friends Riku and Kairi, decide to get off the island and see other worlds. Little did he know his dreams would come true. Together with Donald and Goofy he now has to face the Heartless as the Keyblade wielder to stop the worlds from being destroyed. But will he ever find his friends again?

Moveset

Sora has many moves to his disposal, but there are just a few spots available. Here are some ideas.

Gary's moves

Here I will show several possibilities.

Standard special
Vortex (KH1)
Gamefaqs description:
"When running at an opponent and it's in range, pressing X will cause Sora to do a powerful spinning attack instead of the normal running attack, a thrust."
This could also be a standard move though, but it still could work. However, in the air, this could result in...
Aerial Spiral (KH2)
Gamefaqs description:
"Sora closes distance between enemies by flipping through the air to his target."
So, this could greatly help.

Upper Slash (KH2)
Gamefaqs description:
"In the middle of a ground combo, hitting Square knocks the enemy into the air, if possible."
Again, this could work as a standard move too.

Explosion (KH2)
Gamefaqs description:
"Finisher Move. Sora finishes his combo by creating balls of energy around him, and exploding them, causing multiple hits to the surrounding enemies."
As an added effect, this could damage yourself. However, it isn't really needed if the knockback isn't that strong.

Forward special
Strike Raid (KH1)
"When pretty far away from the enemy, the command Strike will appear in the bottom box. When selected, Sora will fling his Keyblade at the enemy. When it returns, Raid will appear in the top box. When selected, he flings his weapon again. You can continue to do this until
the Judgement command appears, which is a powerful two-hand throw."
This could be a powerful move. When it hits a certain character, timing your special right will result in a homing towards that same character. Any other character in the way also gets knocked, but the strike raid will still home towards that person you first attacked.

Up special
Aerial Sweep (KH1)
Gamefaqs description:
"When an enemy is above Sora and X is pressed, Sora will spin up into the air doing a powerful spinning attack. This attack is much more powerful than the standard aerial uppercut. Quite useful."
In the original game, this gave you an upwards boost, but only if an enemy was higher than you. In Smash this could just give you the upwards boost.

Down special
Guard Break (KH2)
Gamefaqs description:
"Finisher Move. Sora pulls back his keyblade and thrusts it into the enemy, normally knocking them into the air."
So, this could attack trough the guard of your opponent, making it the only attack which instantly breaks the guard. However, it has some hard lag, not too extreme, but not too useful to use every time.

Final Smash
Trinity Limit
Kingdom Hearts 1
Gamefaqs description:
"When close to an enemy, the Trinity command will appear in the last box. I'm not sure how to trigger Trinity if other abilities are equipped. If selected, Sora will go into an impressive series of flips and eventually plants his Keyblade into the ground and summons a huge energy wave, crushing all enemies in the room. The more MP you have remaining, the stronger the attack. With seven or eight MP, you'll reduce Bosses' Health by whole bars at a time. Despite its' awesome power, it takes all MP and really isn't too reliable because of that."
This is basically MetaKnight's Final Smash, so I won't blame you if you don't like this version. However...
Kingdom Hearts 2
Gamefaqs description:
"A Limit move. Sora does 2 sets of multiple slashes on enemies in front of him. If Donald and Goofy are in party, attacks extend to use attacks based on STR level, MAG level, and FORM level, as well as a powerful finisher that hits all enemies. "
This could be a mix between Mario's and Link's Final Smash. Basically Sora rushes forward, until the end of his reach, attacking everything that comes in his way, then he goes back. This can be the same as omnislash though, but that's okay, right? I mean, it's a cool move. You can control the directions he moves in as well, but only up and down work, since he always goes back and forth. Not exactly like in the game, but we can take some liberties.

Stats

Since I'm not too good at stats, I'll leave that too others.

SamuraiPanda can edit this first post to his likings, even making it official, since he is a moderator and all :p

Oh, and remove these last two lines if you do. It looks kind of stupid to leave it on.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see him in, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3253290&postcount=509

I posted this in a recent pro-Sora thread I locked: "uh... my thread was linked in the character support thread index? Thats why people keep posting in it. I never figured it'd become the "official" Sora in Brawl thread, especially because I think he won't be in the game."

So, given that this is apparently the "official" Sora in Brawl thread, I'd like someone to come up with a suitable first post including pictures, background story, and moveset, which I will add to the first post, and give you full credit.

EDIT: Someone just make a new Official Sora for Brawl thread.
Before someone blurts out crap again.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea as much as I want him in......Disney will NEVER fork him over....

Smash Ace
This IS crap, hell even this message I'm typing at the very moment is crap.
The second part of your statement is right on.

Sora is one of those "either way" characters for me. If he's in I'll enjoy it, but I'm not really attached to him.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
First of all, yes, Sora = Disney, second, I just made this thread because nobody else would make an official support thread.

Third, anyone still discussing the ownership of Sora should go shoot himself. It's not about that. This is a "What If", not a "ZOMG HE WILL NEVER BE IN ANYWAYS SO LET THIS DIE PLOX".

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Originally Posted by TMS
No, Sora=Square Enix.
no....he is owned by Disney....I remember someone proved that Disney owns the rights to Sora in another Sora 4 Brawl topic thingy thread thing......

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
why do you call it "samuraipanda's sora support thread" when he didnt make this one...

also sora's chances are extremely low, I highly doubt he would get in, especialy with his afiliation with disney...

KiddyDong

Smash Cadet
Sora is owned by Disney? Wow, way2go nomura. But, by the slim chance that he could be put in, that would be awesome.

To those saying he would feel out of place, doesnt Snake seem out of place?
His alt colors could be master form/valor/wisdom/final.
His final smash could be trinity attack.

I would automatically make him my secondary if he ever got in. Fat chance though :(

D

Deleted member

Its not that he's not popular enough. He is.

Its not even that he wouldn't fit. He would (Subspace seemd like a KH rip-off at first lol)!

Howver, its just that he hasn't done much for a Nintendo console apart from appearing on a few portable games that weren't linked to any previous major series. Same with Cloud, or most other SE characters apart from those in the Mario games (GENO!).

There's probably only one more third party place after Sonic and Snake, and that is probably going to the one who's helped Nintendo so much he's almost become tedious: Megaman.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
lol, Sora = Disney. They'll never let him in.
Sora= in one of the best selling gameboy advance games.

Sora= Final fantasy + Disney.

last time I checked. both have showed up on Nintendo consoles once or twice.

I think a better final smash would be Final form. with a slight chance of turning into shadow form

Alt costumes.

KH1 looking costume.

Wisdom Form (blue)

Valor Form (red)

a random green outfit (green! no wai)

possibly his master form outfit?

then his normal KH2 outfit.

Please no glide for Up special.

his Forward special needs to be the Keyblade throw.

and for his diffrent outfits possibly diffrently colored Keyblade?

I dont think it would be too hard to do.

There's probably only one more third party place after Sonic and Snake, and that is probably going to the one who's helped Nintendo so much he's almost become tedious: Megaman.
well. if your putting an extra two months of development into the game why not put another 3rd party in?

I know evereyone has seen this...

but seriously guys. go to the musicians page. theres a person that did music for Kingdom Hearts. thats about the best hint out there. plz no flaming or any thing. seriously guys. im just pointing it out. same goes for golden sun.again. its as good as a theory as any when it comes to sora. and now you guys are going to be all like "THE BUST THEORY ABOUT SORA IZ THAT HE R NOT MAKING IT INTO BRAWL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL". that'll be fun to watch.

Sora for Brawl

KHIII for Wii.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Like I said before I would love if Sora was in brawl I just don't think he has that high of a chance. But what I really wanna know is where did this "you must have a long history with nintendo to be in" came from. Is this just some BS that someone made up and everyone went along with it or did Sakurai actually say this himself.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think its used to use in an argument over a 3rd party char's chance in Brawl...I think Sakurai only said that they had to have at least been on a Nintendo console....methinks......I dunno for sure......

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Roxas > Sora ;):laugh:

Maybe for SSB4, if there is one. Because by that time Roxas will have been on a Nintendo console! ^_^

Anyways, I support Sora. It's just an opinion of mine, and I don't expect him to make it.:ohwell:

vesperview

Smash Hero
Sora is owned by both Square Enix and Disney, but Square can use Sora outside of a KH context while Disney can't is the same case as it is with Geno, plus, Sora was on the poll, but the reality is, he has more things going against him than going for him, so his chances are very low.

and the upcoming DS game, doesn't feature Sora cause it is a prequel, so don't think that ups his chances.

Darkwolfg

Smash Apprentice
**** i was gonna bring the ds game up. oh well, i think sora would be awsome for brawl,even though it is very unlikely for him to get in.come to think of it, if sora got in it would help build hype for the next kh games coming out for nintendo

Black/Light

Smash Master
Like I said before I would love if Sora was in brawl I just don't think he has that high of a chance. But what I really wanna know is where did this "you must have a long history with nintendo to be in" came from. Is this just some BS that someone made up and everyone went along with it or did Sakurai actually say this himself.
Fan made BS. Sakurai said "most have been on a Nintendo platform before and can't be from anime/ manga". People simply sling it around as if it means something cause Nintendo fan-boys are soo pro Nintendo that they would attack any character choice closely related to anything non-Nintendo and as a result would whole heartly agree with such a assumption.
(Look at Snake. . . .if Sonic had been shown before him he would be worst off than Sora on this site)

I also support Sora as a character and thats all I can really say on the matter. Really, after Snake got in my only real guess was Sonic and thats it. . . .gots no idea who else could be in.(MM seems likely. . )

Things to support the notion of him being in. . .
KH composer (I wouldn't use this unless I had abit more to say about it. The only other noteable Nintendo platform games she has worked on are SF2, and some Mario RPG games.)

KH DS may show that the series is becoming more open to moving away from Sony.

Sora would, either effectively hype KH DS and/ or KH Wii (if it happens. . .seems likely) if he where in Brawl no matter if he appears in the KH DS game or not.

Disney "hearts" Nintendo and they own Sora (just as S/E owns Geno. . . no co owning on either's case)

Would use the "he was highly replied about by Sakurai and friends on Sakurai's journal" but I think that journey doesn't mean much.

Thats as much guessing as I feel like doing. Just some food for thought before people bash him.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Things to support the notion of him being in. . .
KH composer (I wouldn't use this unless I had abit more to say about it. The only other noteable Nintendo platform games she has worked on are SF2, and some Mario RPG games.)

KH DS may show that the series is becoming more open to moving away from Sony.

Sora would, either effectively hype KH DS and/ or KH Wii (if it happens. . .seems likely) if he where in Brawl no matter if he appears in the KH DS game or not.

As if all of those arguments aren't fan made BS as well, a composer doesn't raise the character's chances, if they wanted to hype the ROXAS KH game, they would put Roxas in Brawl, cause if anything having Sora in Brawl only makes people more eager to go play KH one and two on the playstation, and Roxas would be more suitable cause he isn't an unknown character and they also have a PSP portable game coming out so the KH series is not becoming Nintendo exclusive anytime soon and NO is not KH Wii, is DS!

Black/Light

Smash Master
As if all of those arguments aren't fan made BS as well, a composer doesn't raise the character's chances.
Look here Wiitard. .
"Thats as much guessing as I feel like doing. Just some food for thought before people bash him."
I wouldn't have said this unless. . . ya know, I was GUESSING.

Plus this. . ."Things to support the notion of him being in. . ."

What does that mean? Things that may support the thought that he could be playable. NOT "reason why he will be in/ reason why his so called "chances" are high/ reasons for him to get in ".

if they wanted to hype the ROXAS KH game, they would put Roxas in Brawl.
Sora = KH's most recognizable mascot. He reps KH. . . like how Snake is modeled after the first MGS on Nintendo game Snake and not Snake on MGS PS3. Both series get hype nomatter what mod is used as long as it reps the series.
they also have a PSP portable game coming out so the KH series is not becoming Nintendo exclusive anytime soon
. . . When the hell did I say that? I said that it Ma MA MA MA MAAAAYYYYYY show that the series is more open to moving away from sony. Never said that it would stop being on Sony platforms, just that it may move away from being so closely tied to sony if you didn't catch the context of that statement.
that and NO is not KH Wii, is DS!
Read again bud. . .
"Sora would, either effectively hype KH DS and/ or KH Wii (if it happens. . .seems likely)"

Now claim the hell down.:ohwell:

Black/Light

Smash Master
So you're guessing cause there isn't any real good argument to support him? Hmm...:dizzy:
Look again Wiitard (yes, I will keep calling you that till you learn to read my post)

"I also support Sora as a character and thats all I can really say on the matter. Really, after Snake got in my only real guess was Sonic and thats it. . . .gots no idea who else could be in.(MM seems likely. . )"

. . .Seems pretty clear that I simply su su suuuu sssuuuuuuppport him getting in but have no idea who else will be in there fore Im not saying he will or wont be in (No reason to list reason for him to be in if Im not saying he will be in/ is likely/ SHOULD be in no is it?) . Like I said, I keep my debates about Nintendo characters cause 3rd parties are a whole other thing. . . :ohwell:

Now I would like it if you would STHU and stop trying to hound me for reasons to make some debate out of:p

vesperview

Smash Hero
Now I would like it if you would STHU and stop trying to hound me for reasons to make some debate out of:p
Oh funny cause you keep avoiding that, you just support Sora cause he could be a wild guess or a WTF third party character or you're just a biased KH fanboy and no he won't get in before Megaman or even Bomberman, Kojima had wanted for Sakurai to add Snake since the Melee days so he wasn't such a wild guess unless you had no idea of that, unlike Sora.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
IMO Sora would be a good addition, but I don't think many people would recognize him as a Smash character.

As for people saying he doesn't fit in:

He doesn't fit in, but yet Snake does? Not really a good argument for Sora not to be in SSB

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh funny cause you keep avoiding that, you just support Sora cause he could be a wild guess or a WTF third party character or you're just a biased KH fanboy and no he won't get in before Megaman or even Bomberman, Kojima had wanted for Sakurai to add Snake since the Melee days so he wasn't such a wild guess unless you had no idea of that, unlike Sora.
I will tell you why I support Sora and why he should be in. . .

CAUSE I LIKE CANDY AND POP TARTS!!!!

There, enuff reason for you?

(Really, I could point out all the crap in your post but this is much better:p)

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I think ANYTHING is possible at this point. We still have a lot of curve balls heading our way.

Sora would be a good Square-Enix rep. His story could very easily be connected with SSE.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I think ANYTHING is possible at this point. We still have a lot of curve balls heading our way.

Sora would be a good Square-Enix rep. His story could very easily be connected with SSE.
Geno from a higher authority, kills Sora 10 times resulting in overkill, and a fatality.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Why can't Geno and Sora BOTH be in the game? Just because Snake is in the game, doesn't mean Simon Belmont won't be playable. Just because Sonic is in the game it doesn't mean NiGHTS won't be playable.

We know almost next to nothing about this game, the only thing we have so far are crazy made up internet rules that might not even apply to the game. Like the rumor that only 3 or 4 3rd party characters are in the game could be absolutely false, even if Sakurai said it...maybe he changed his mind.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Why can't Geno and Sora BOTH be in the game? Just because Snake is in the game, doesn't mean Simon Belmont won't be playable. Just because Sonic is in the game it doesn't mean NiGHTS won't be playable.

We know almost next to nothing about this game, the only thing we have so far are crazy made up internet rules that might not even apply to the game. Like the rumor that only 3 or 4 3rd party characters are in the game could be absolutely false, even if Sakurai said it...maybe he changed his mind.
Actually it does , Most likely there will be one third party rep per company BUT He never said anything bad about putting in geno and another (Since geno is reffered to as first-party By sakurai.) And with Square being able to use him outside of KH (Still i doubt it :/.) AND Geno being a likely canidate the idea of sora is not to far off (Still likewise to what i said i doubt it will happen , But you never now...WE DID GET SPAGE BUILDERZOMGZ [/starts comparing bad logic] JK XD.)

vesperview

Smash Hero
I will tell you why I support Sora and why he should be in. . .

CAUSE I LIKE CANDY AND POP TARTS!!!!

There, enuff reason for you?

(Really, I could point out all the crap in your post but this is much better:p)
You never had a good reason to start arguing with me or to continue, cause unless you don't recall you're the one that started this whole thing so now DEAL WITH IT! IF you were gonna start this argument at least have better points in your favor than saying "Sakurai never said that".

and don't say the same oh I'm not claiming I have arguments to support Sora like you, I'm just proving you wrong, cause it's a lie and seriously, this has been pointless since the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom