• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create Your Own Stages

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I think this goes in the OMG and Sonic Revealed level of updates, this has got to be one of the biggest updates Sakurai has graced us with!

With this we might even be able to draw our own stages in Picochat! I tip my hat to Sakurai, for not only meeting Halo 3, but also one upping it.

Florida

イーグランツ
This is by far the best update to appear on the DOJO!! thus far. I love functions such as this.

For a while I played at the Neopets website, and they had a game called "Hannah and the Pirate Caves". It was a game where you had to solve all of these puzzles, collect treasure, and find the door to proceed to the next level. To compliment such a fun game, they added a "cave maker", which gave you full control in cave-design.

I STILL create caves for that game, and show all of my friends online so they can attempt to beat it.

This game mode for Brawl, is simply too awesome.
And the fact that you can try out other people's levels every day with no effort put forth to receive it, is just amazing. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time with this sucker! ;)

EDIT: Re-name this thread "Stage Builder".

Rex+

Smash Ace
Straight-up, Final Destinaition style, Bramble music, mountain-background stage.
This is just about the greatest update ever to me.

Croco

Smash Lord
This is by far the best update to appear on the DOJO!! thus far. I love functions such as this.

For a while I played at the Neopets website, and they had a game called "Hannah and the Pirate Caves". It was a game where you had to solve all of these puzzles, collect treasure, and find the door to proceed to the next level. To compliment such a fun game, they added a "cave maker", which gave you full control in cave-design.

I STILL create caves for that game, and show all of my friends online so they can attempt to beat it.

This game mode for Brawl, is simply too awesome.
And the fact that you can try out other people's levels every day with no effort put forth to receive ti, is just amazing. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time with this sucker! ;)

EDIT: Re-name this thread "Stage Builder".
Mega Man Legends also had a level maker similar to this one.

The grid design.. rotations.. selecting themes, skins and colors.. selecting music..
saving it to a card.. and posting it. etc.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Also, dose this also in some way, confirm Miis for brawl? I know this may be jumping to conclusions, but a create a stage seemed less likely that create a character, or simply apply a costume to a move set for a Mii.

And before you say anything about Miis being unbalanced, do you honestly thing Sakurai would let that even pass? He is seeking the best game, the fan's game, and i doubt he would let any glaring flaws into it.

Croco

Smash Lord
Also, dose this also in some way, confirm Miis for brawl? I know this may be jumping to conclusions, but a create a stage seemed less likely that create a character, or simply apply a costume to a move set for a Mii.

And before you say anything about Miis being unbalanced, do you honestly thing Sakurai would let that even pass? He is seeking the best game, the fan's game, and i doubt he would let any glaring flaws into it.
you would think he wouldn't ignore such a brilliant idea.
It should be possible to make customizable Mii characters balanced..

TourneySmasher

Smash Rookie
The first thing I'm making is a completely flat stage without any unpredictable dumb stuff happening, so us pros can focus on actually fighting each other and not the stage. Great.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
The first thing I'm making is a completely flat stage without any unpredictable dumb stuff happening, so us pros can focus on actually fighting each other and not the stage. Great.
yes we will make infinite FDs and battlefields. too good, too good.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I'm to try and make my Sonic the Hedgehog - Green Hill stage I posted in the Green Hill thread, I'll post the picture in a sec...

Edit: Found it, here you go
Here my idea I have for the "Green Hill Zone" Stage

Sorry I didn't add any palm trees, if I did the image would be too cluttered.

First of all, you can walk underneath the raised platform on the right and drop down onto the Spikes, or more preferable, the swinging platform below. Because of the spike, you can't KO anyone from falling.

The loop is can only be run through if you have enough momentum, seeing as that is now a big part of the game. So characters like Sonic and Captain Falcon can just run through it, but other people might need to use other means, like Wario's motorcycle. Or it can just end up being a fancy wall or in the background.

The platforms around the loop meet in the air, but platform C goes up and down once before it meets with B.

Also, Dr. Robotnik sends his Badniks after you, such as the chameleon one that appears out of walls and hovers over the ground, or the Buzzbomber the flies from one side of the stage to the other, shooting once at the first person in range, than quickly flying off screen.

Finally the primary way of KOing people on this stage is via the sides, or if you catch someone on a platform.

Any comments? Ideas?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, all of us just lost our lives. I plan on making like the ultimate stages EVER, and using them online. When Sakurai says we'll spend the rest of our lives doing this, he isn't joking. There goes any chance of playing any OTHER non-smash game after Brawl's release! :laugh:

And this tops Halo 3's map builder...it wasn't even a map builder. It was a vehilcle, turret, respond, teleport, man cannon, weapons, and gernade placer. THIS IS A ACTUAL STAGE MAKER! This blows Halo 3 into the dust. :)

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if you can have moving platform stages...like Mute City in Melee and Delfino Plaza in Brawl. I don't care though. I'm going to stuff my stage FULL of traps. If only I knew all the traps...

Perhaps, as well as the spikes, they have traps from other stages. Which means:
- The fire arrows from Castle Siege
- The propellers from the Flying Mode of Pokemon Stadium 2
- The giant laser from Battleship Halberd
- The Metal Gears from Shadow Moses Island
- The Ultimate Chimera from New Pork City
- The flames from Picto Chat

And that's only the ones that do damage and the ones I know for sure! The possibilities are endless!

What would make this game truly the best thing in the entire bloody universe (wait...it already is) would be a Character Creation mode...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai really is trying to match Halo 3: Replays, Forge, Stage builder, Wii Mic next please!
Match? No good sir, One up. Remember, Halo 3 didn't have a stage builder, only an editor and I do think we will have a "Forge" for Brawl as well. Sadly Nintendo has the power over that last feature. If we do get it, it will only be through the fans ability to sway to powers that be at the head of Nintendo and give them an option to implement it.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Character Creation...Character Creation...

Or just colour editor. Except in colour, Ike matches most of the characteristics I had in mind, including big sword, so I could just edit colours to suit me.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you can have moving platform stages...like Mute City in Melee and Delfino Plaza in Brawl. I don't care though. I'm going to stuff my stage FULL of traps. If only I knew all the traps...

Perhaps, as well as the spikes, they have traps from other stages. Which means:
- The fire arrows from Castle Siege
- The propellers from the Flying Mode of Pokemon Stadium 2
- The giant laser from Battleship Halberd
- The Ultimate Chimera from New Pork City
- The flames from Picto Chat

And that's only the ones that do damage and the ones I know for sure! The possibilities are endless!

What would make this game truly the best thing in the entire bloody universe would be a Character Creation mode...
Your forgetting Metal Gears, and what about some Hazards that are as grand as those, but used only with Stage Builder?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
They took some ideas from Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis with the stage design and posting it on wifi.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
"And a stage selected from the entire daily collection will be sent from Nintendo to your Wii. A stage made by someone else will come to you over the Internet once per day!"

I wonder if you can save some of those stages into your SD card

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
"And a stage selected from the entire daily collection will be sent from Nintendo to your Wii. A stage made by someone else will come to you over the Internet once per day!"

Currently, it doesn't sound like it. But Sakurai like to keep a few Aces in his hand, and a dozen more under the table.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
I hope those winning fan made stages are not once per day, but once per week, tough I guess it will take them alot to check all the stages from all the fans in one week
Id like that, Id like the fact tath you could only send one per week or month, but not per day, so those stages were like really good stages, and that you coud save them in your SD card, it would be fun to have 12 new awesome stages a year xD

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can't handle it man...

It keeps getting better and better...

It is almost like...like a dream!
^ You worded it best, but that's everyone's thoughts right now! :)

Dude, make that one random area in DK64 you liked, the first Snow Level from SM64, Phendra Drifts from Metroid Prime, my house in Animal Crossing, my real life room (ya, that'd rock), fight with a Wii and a DS as platforms, fight on trophies, God d*** make watever the f*** you want. If you are not HAPPY, you are STUPID! :)

Let your imagine run lose, people. And buy lots of SD cards! :)

...maybe TOO MANY SD cards. :lick:

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
^ You worded it best, but that's everyone's thoughts right now! :)

Dude, make that one random area in DK64 you liked, the first Snow Level from SM64, Phendra Drifts from Metroid Prime, my house in Animal Crossing, my real life room (ya, that'd rock), fight with a Wii and a DS as platforms, fight on trophies, God d*** make watever the f*** you want. If you are not HAPPY, you are STUPID! :)

Let your imagine run lose, people. And buy lots of SD cards! :)

...maybe TOO MANY SD cards. :lick:
WTF???
Ooook *******, I was just saying that I hope they change their opinion about the fact that it seems that is not posible for you to download the once per day winning smash stage into your SD card

AIM0001

Smash Lord

To be honest I doubted Mii's in Brawl atleast a good 90% but now the chances look better for Mii's. I gotta say this is the most unexspected update since they announced Sonic and King De De De.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
yes we will make infinite FDs and battlefields. too good, too good.
Unlimited potentional for anything at your very fingertips, and you make a straight line.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
My idea of trap heaven:
- Explosives
- Mounted rocket launchers
- Soldiers with swords and bows
- Something involving electricity
- Spikes, moving and stationary (a moving spike platform would rock)

And more.

Plus every single trap in every normal stage in the game.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Frogger Lane
Bullet Bills above represent cars while platforms further up are the logs.

Pipe Dream
Pipes as platforms with highly acidic slime flowing between them.

Tetris Town
Lots of suspended Tetris pieces.

Kongstruction Site
The 1st level of Donkey Kong (if not already in).

Pac-Maze
A maze from Pac-Man.

Pong
Turned on it's side, the middle line is now the main platform with the paddles bouncing the dangerous ball back & forth.

Break Out
Watch out for falling debris!

It's doubtful that all of this would be possible of course.

tiglionabbit

Smash Rookie
Will we be able to make scrolling stages with this tool?
The ability to create looping scrolling stages like Rainbow cruise, and repeating scrolling levels like Icicle Mountain, would add some interesting possibilities to custom stages. I'd like to make a long dangerous corridor that players have to make their way through before they fall off the left side of the screen.

Top Bottom