• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This could be interesting...a new Nintendo event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but I feel it is my duty to post it lol.

No, this is not a rumour.

I found this link after a bit of searching around (and on gamefaqs :(). Apparantly Nintendo is holding an exclusive event on the 5th September to showcase material from games released this year.

Meaning Brawl and Galaxy. What can we expect? Last time this happened we got a new trailer!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=24021

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Agreed. I'm sure there could be some info revealed, but I don't wanna end up disappointed again like I was with E3.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo shoud show us that brawl will have Ice Climbers...\o/

or some other non-Nintendo character

Sir James

The Doctor
Some people have posted on these boards claiming that Nintendo is announcing online play for Brawl next week. Could it be at this event that we'll hear about it? I hope it's true.

Adi

Smash Lord
God Nintendo has such ******** buisness plans. They should have been doing these kind of things months ago to hype Brawl.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
E3 blowed chunks... mainly because it wasn't Nintendo-exclusive... so I wasn't really expecting more Brawl news. But now... there's hope...

Mainly because there are like three 1st party games coming out in the next three months.

JPW

Smash Ace
i'm kind of hyped hoping for a few things from Mario Galaxy, Brawl and Mario Kart.

Now the attention is on Mario Kart as Metroid: Corruption(remember there is still PAL regions to go.) is starting to get released.

I reckon it wont be too bad though.

Maybe this is the answer to the Nintendo World Tour from last year. That wasn't such a bad event.
Then again all i took from that event was the Smash Bros. 2nd trailer. But that's enough for a show... right?

Doesn't it seem weird though that both Capcom and Sega also have a press conference and that Smash Bros. Brawl was possibly announced to be at this event. Maybe it's just a coinicidence. Now would be a great time to drop a bombshell Nintendo.

burrito

Smash Lord
How come I haven't heard of this from anywhere else? Shouldn't it be big news?

Anyhow, if this is true, I had a crazy thought. What if the reason that Sega and Capcom are holding conferences so close together with Nintendo conference was to show off their partnership with Nintendo to each include a character in Brawl. I doubt that would happen, but it would be really awesome. Sonic and Megaman FTW.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Fifth of September is officially my new birthday. Here's hoping for a presence on the right side of underwhelming.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
God Nintendo has such ******** buisness plans. They should have been doing these kind of things months ago to hype Brawl.
How silly of them to build momentum on a big series only three months before it's release. They should have done it months before so that the excitement could die out later!

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
well dont forget, that nintendo already mentioned that day were going to have their one special event to showcase brawl, which they still havent done. this may be that event...peace

-hiroshi
When did day say that? Sources, please :)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, and with both SEGA and Capcom doing their own things around the same time...

Seriously, if Nintendo was allowed to include Sonic or Megaman in Brawl, it would be ideal to say so some time before release. And I am still waiting for a beginning roster revelation like with Melee on the E3 before release!

This could be the big event. Lets hope...

E3 blowed chunks... mainly because it wasn't Nintendo-exclusive... so I wasn't really expecting more Brawl news. But now... there's hope...

Mainly because there are like three 1st party games coming out in the next three months.

I just wanted to add this. Whoever thought E3 sucked (That's if you are American) because there was no mass information leak, don't complain. We got a release date, and we still get daily updates. I wouldn't expect a massive amount of information considering that Brawl is being released in a few months.

Also, if Japan doesn't get a release date before us, it may proove to be very problematic for those who want a Wii in the near future. Japanese players may want to import from us (for once, lol).

:p

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Japanese players may want to import from us (for once, lol).

:p
I'd laugh. A lot.

Anyway, here's looking forward to next Wednesday!! (and the entire week) Chances are it'll be disappointing I'm hoping for two things...
1. All release dates
2. And I have an image in my mind. And it's so very, very good. A SSBB trailer, all very nice and cool... but with another surprise ending... the silhouettes of Sonic and Megaman...

I have to go and, uh... freshen up now XD

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
5th September?! Great. Nintendo holds their big event right the day before I have my most vital exam. I am going to have to hide my router if I want to get anything done, due to the anticipation :laugh:. I hope someone here will be so kind as to repost here whatever info we get with detail, so that I can see it the next day. Pretty please?

D

Deleted member

lol at saying a game will suck if it doesn't have online

*looks at Melee*
Right you are Lemon.

Melee is still great, even when brawl is on its way. But I would be very disappointed if they pulled an E3: gave us the Japanese release date, confirmed online, then left.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to add that Nintendo did announce that they were going to have another brawl-specific event, and that is why they didnt announce much info at E3.

I heard this on the IGN website, a reputable source i think

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to add that Nintendo did announce that they were going to have another brawl-specific event, and that is why they didnt announce much info at E3.

I heard this on the IGN website, a reputable source i think
I think i heard that too but can u get a link to the article?

Smash Ace
I just want one image:
the character select screen.

who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom