• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi: Final Smash - <Super Dragon>

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Dojo Link: Yoshi: Final Smash - <Super Dragon>

<Super Dragon>

It’s tough to know what to call Yoshi—some call him a dragon, others a dinosaur. Some people don’t know WHAT he is.

But whatever you call him, Yoshi’s true power will be seen here!

He’s gotten the oft-mentioned Smash Ball!

W-wings!

He starts spewing out a jet of fire...

But you can also press the button to spit out fireballs!

It feels like, um...beauty and elegance...mixed with clumsiness. Certainly, no one’s ever seen Yoshi like this!

Being able to fly around is nice, as is giving undivided attention to his attacks. Yoshi can live as he likes, for a brief period of time.

Oh, to think it’s already over...

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Heh tottaly unexpected Final Smash, I had figured he would be in a Kart before thinking he would be flying and spitting fire XD

Sakurai FTW

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
WHAT THE ****?! Yoshi...with wings?! Sakurai...wtf?!

I think he's lost it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It comes from his abilities in super mario world.

Edit: Lol three people posted at the same time saying the same thing. NOOB!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok...I didn't know Yoshi ever had wings...I started to freak out for a second and thought he just did something extremely random. I never played Super Mario World x__O

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm just flippin' glad his Final Smash isn't the stampede. This Final Smash is probably my favorite yet!
Imagine activating this while playing as a Blue Yoshi :p oooh, how awesome that would be...!

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Awww. I lost my bet. I was pretty certain Yoshi's FS would be more on the "Yoshi stampede" side of things.

Ah well. Yoshi going back to its Super Mario World roots, flying and breathing fire, it's not bad at all.

EDIT: darn, quadruple ninja'd

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
thats ****ing awesome. i didn't notice it til i saw this page, i didn't think it'd be a double update. lol did yoshi spit fire in super mario world?

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
So he got the wings (blue shell/purple Yoshi) and fireballs (Red shell/Red yoshi) from SMW. Think he gets the earthquake stomp (Yellow Shell/yellow yoshi) too?

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok, that makes sense then. I was about to come in here and be like "wings, fire, wtf?" I've played Super Mario World, but that was sooo long ago I barely remember any of it. I remember little football player guys trying to charge at you, the cape, and yoshi eating little fruit off the bushes. That's about it. lol

dan smith

Smash Champion
It's wacky that he did two updates...it's almost like he knows how much we loathe seeing "NEW UPDATE! ANIMAL CROSSING SONG!!"

EDIT: DUDE! ^^^ Seriously! Read the posts!! He can fly and breathe fire all over the place in SMW.

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
Those are his Super Mario World wings, and his fire breathing from the same game. It's all integral to Yoshi's very character, not some random peripheral aspect.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Imagine how sick of a recovery you could make with this... you're about to die at a ridiculously high percent when you activate, fly back, and own edgeguarders with the flaming breath of doom.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
howd u get that
I opened my browser and and typed in http://www.smashbros.com. :laugh:

This update just earned respect for Yoshi in so many ways I can't even begin. Yoshi in my eyes never seemed to be taken seriously when played against and this just up'd his cool factor.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
Hmm...
i definantly saw this coming, Super Mario World was filled with Different colored shell, blue shell gives you wings, and red shell gives you three fire breathes at one time, so the smash ball to Yoshi is just a blue and red shell fused as one...
again this is just my oppinion :)

gnosis

Smash Lord
Ugh. Sorry Yoshi guys, but the Stampede idea is so repulsive to me. And I don't know why. Is there a game or something that it comes from? I might be more sympathetic if there were more links of that idea to Yoshi other than just A) there's a lot of Yoshis, and B) we saw it Melee's opening video. That's all I can think of.

This though? This I like. Synthesizing his shell powers is bringing up some serious nostalgia. I might go play SMW now...

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Whoa he can fly! I guess I just never made it that far in SMW

Top Bottom