• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/22 MD/VA C3 Presents the September Tournament SSBM Singles/Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

aho43

Smash Lord
Date: Saturday, September 22

44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

Events:
Smash Singles/Doubles
Possibly other fighters(i'm not in charge of any of these)

Entrance Fees:

$10 for singles
$10 per person for teams
$8 venue fee, venue fee includes a soda and a bag of chips

Schedule:
11 am - Arrive, Sign-ups start
12 pm - Teams Starts(Little to no slack on this, be on time, or plan on only entering singles)
2 pm - Teams Finishes/30 minute break
2:30 pm - Singles Pools Starts
4:00 pm - Pools finish up
4:15 pm - Singles Brackets Starts
6:00 pm - Finish

Format:
Teams - Seeded Double Elimation Bracket, Seeding will be done based on prior C3 tournament placing and for OOS players, placement in established competive tournaments/national tournaments will be taken into consideration for seeding

Singles - 8 Round Robin Pools leading into a Double Elimination Bracket. Pools will be seeded with a clear cut 1 and 2 seed, the rest will most likely be random. In the event of over 32 people showing, only the top 2 from each pool will advance. If over 50 people show, we'll prob use 16 pools and have top 2 advance to a 32 man bracket. For less than 32 people everyone will advance to brackets, with pools for seeding.

I'm gonna be helping run these tournaments from now on while Renegade is gone, along with anyone who wants to help out. Expect the same format tho.

All the info you need is above. Here's the big thing people, if you want more friendly matches you're gonna have to bring TVs + setups.

PLEASE BRING TVS + CUBES.

The venue only has so many TVs available. I want to run things as fast as possible so I'd like to have at least 8 setups. If you don't want every TV to be hogged for tournament matches, bring a setup and a TV. I'm bringing 2.

Last time we got a decent OOS showing. I hope they enjoyed it and will come back for more.

FYI, theres gonna be one of these every month.

Lock in = yes

Other dates:

10/20
11/10
12/22

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Yeah people, we need more cubes this time, we didn't have a lot of stations for a long time.

Mine will be coming as usual.

Actually, it's a maybe. Depends on school

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So I talked to aho, and i'll obviously be there and helping, along with waving my Nazi flag and DQ'ing people who arent there on time around every corner.

Teams are starting at 12:00 PM
Promptly.

Registration starts at 11, the tournament starts at 12. Don't plan to get there at 12, because if you get there at 12:01 you aren't enterring. Tough cookies. There will be no "send me to losers" jank either, because that just screws over the teams who got there on time in losers bracket.

So yea, we're going to be cracking down no matter who you are. You aren't special because you're good at a game. Fair warning. The only people who I have sympathy at all for are the OOSers who have to travel 4 hours and get up early to make it by 12. However, at least then they will be able to get home at a reasonable hour if they so choose. Im sure it's worth the tradeoff. Everyone from VA who shows up at 2:30 PM for teams is just pitiful.

Since we'll be starting on time, we won't have to start singles while teams is still going.

Between teams and singles there will be a 30 minute break for people to get food.

This prevents people from leaving during singles to say they had to get food etc etc etc. Since no teams will be left, nobody has any excuses and people who don't show up for matches within (x) minutes of the time they're called will be disqualified.

Ill also bring my vcr next month and record intriguing matches then upload them within the next few days.

The Rundown

Teams starts at 12. After teams ends, there will be a 30 minute break to get food before singles starts. Nobody then has any excuses to not be at their matches on time, so we will promptly DQ people for not showing up for their matches.

Sorry to be a complete dick, but the innefficiency of tournaments these days is just disgusting.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I concur with Plank's post; if tourneys would start and end on time, I'd be able to enter them without canceling other plans.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So I talked to aho, and i'll obviously be there and helping, along with waving my Nazi flag and DQ'ing people who arent there on time around every corner.

Promptly.

Registration starts at 11, the tournament starts at 12. Don't plan to get there at 12, because if you get there at 12:01 you aren't enterring. Tough cookies. There will be no "send me to losers" jank either, because that just screws over the teams who got there on time in losers bracket.

So yea, we're going to be cracking down no matter who you are. You aren't special because you're good at a game. Fair warning. The only people who I have sympathy at all for are the OOSers who have to travel 4 hours and get up early to make it by 12. However, at least then they will be able to get home at a reasonable hour if they so choose. Im sure it's worth the tradeoff. Everyone from VA who shows up at 2:30 PM for teams is just pitiful.

Since we'll be starting on time, we won't have to start singles while teams is still going.

Between teams and singles there will be a 30 minute break for people to get food.

This prevents people from leaving during singles to say they had to get food etc etc etc. Since no teams will be left, nobody has any excuses and people who don't show up for matches within (x) minutes of the time they're called will be disqualified.

Ill also bring my vcr next month and record intriguing matches then upload them within the next few days.

The Rundown

Teams starts at 12. After teams ends, there will be a 30 minute break to get food before singles starts. Nobody then has any excuses to not be at their matches on time, so we will promptly DQ people for not showing up for their matches.

Sorry to be a complete dick, but the innefficiency of tournaments these days is just disgusting.
quoted for second pagesies

Cia

das kwl
thankz for tellin us Plairnkk. some of IHNC's members will be resuming classes by this time, but we'll see what happens. if we do make it out there, can anyone house??

we'll let guys know as soon as we're sure about anything

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thankz for tellin us Plairnkk. some of IHNC's members will be resuming classes by this time, but we'll see what happens. if we do make it out there, can anyone house??

we'll let guys know as soon as we're sure about anything
ooo vanz ur ihnc? nice! didnt know that. too good. and yea i could house u most likely.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Looks awesome. My parents didn't want me staying at yesterday's C3 past 6, so if this ends on time, everything will be perfect! Now I must proceed to stage 1 of entering this tournament.. persuasion.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Lolz I turn 17 on the 19th So I guess I'll Try to Come *Makes NO sense* My Falco's Gonna Be 2wice as good by then (I thiiiiink)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Can you explain team seeding a bit more? For instance, is team seeding based off a specific team that continues to enter C3 tournaments, or how well certain people place in team matches (even though they may not particularly have the same teammate, they continue to place well with others)? Me and Vist took 2nd the past two C3's and I just got 3rd with KM. Would I have to team with either of those two to get a good seeding for the next tournament?

I'll be in school this semester, but I'm now in walking distance from the metro so I'll be able to go to Vienna Metro Station if Blues, or anyone else can pick me up on Friday.

Aho and Plank will make a good pair for organizing these tournaments. I can guarantee any OOS's these two definitely will keep their word and don't make exceptions.

Everyone plan to bring set-ups in advance. If you are bringing a Gamecube/Wii and/or a TV, post here so Aho can update the front page with how many set-ups are estimated to arrive. For those who came to the lock-in and a few hours into Saturday morning, there weren't enough Gamecubes or copies of Smash.

Aho: I talked to Chu this past C3 and he said something about getting the venue fee lowered. I don't have a problem with it now, but if Chu already negotiated the venue fee to a lower price, it might be something to look into.

Expecting a huge turn-out next month. Sucks for those of you who choose not to attend because it will be amazing.

*Edit:* Juggernaut July. Adios August. I'm thinking we need another cheesey title name for September. How about SLAMMIN' SEPTEMBER? Yeeeeeeeeea.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hahaha he had one before, but i think felt a bit too corny. And @ getting the venue fee lowered, i hear david is pretty strict about that.

Promptly.

The Rundown

Quoted for third pagesies

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
is it really necessary to quote your own post every 15 posts

its especially annoying when i have it set to 40 posts per page so it's pretty useless
id rather annoy people on the boards and get the point across than have people whine when they get there because we started without them.

HAT

Smash Ace
I'll be there, provided I get the practice necessary to place well.

I know I'm not quite competition for you guys, but omni/meep/plank/husband/aho/kirbstir/kaiser/fonz and maybe some others, do you wanna play some smash before this tournament? I'd like to get my **** rearranged so I can fix my DI in some combos and stop approaching in stupid ways. If you guys want a few of you can come over to practice against each other, considering your skill difference isn't as much..and I can get some games in.

Just PM me, thanks.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Man, I didn't get any MD smash this summer aside from Pound 2. I really wanted to see C3's new venue too. I guess I'll have to wait till December, but then Brawl will be out so who knows where we will be.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
For annoyance and emphasis' sake.

Promptly.

The Rundown

I'm coming, and hopefully, I'll have money this time around. C3 should lower their venue a bit, or at least take out the entry fee, with college and all, money is a bit tighter than it used to be....even 28 dollars is a lot. Just how I feel.

As for the name, how about SEXY/SPICY/SAUCY SEPTEMBER. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom