• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare

Smash Cadet
Agreed. I did not expect this at all. Excellent surprise for a New Comer!! I might change my main...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes... this actually excites me.

At first I thought it was "Oh god... this is going to be terrible." However it looks very awesome, especially controlling the three starters. Now that is what I call awesome.

Very unique, and I will probably use him, because it looks like a lot of fun!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow! I'm very impressed! PT sounds like a highly innovative character. I can't wait to see what kinds of special moves each Pokemon has! Kudos to Sakurai-san for such a cool idea. It sounds like his implementation really catches (pun intended) the flavor of the Pokemon games. Gahh, I'm so excited! =)

And I suppose this confirms Pokemon Stadium for this week. He announced Ike to match the Castle Siege stage, so I guess it's possible with PT.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Yayuh, all the new reveals have been lining up with what I've hoped so far.

Although, I'll admit that the method Pkmn Trainer uses is not what I was expecting.

And +++ to the Stamina idea; now it's not just 'find the Sheik in -this- transformation and use only that one!'

worldjem7

Smash Ace
yeah no one saw this coming lol everyone was like "peach, Falcon, AC, blah blah!" and then PKMN trainer pops out of nowhere

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
So, heres a way to put more Pokemon into playable characters? Awesome..

All bets are off.. Everyone is confirmed already haha.

Hes going to be a real real REAL unique character... Real interesting..

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
Before i could say much i want to see how well this works, the stamina is a good idea and may balance this

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
whoa whoa whoa but this might mean that pika mew2 jiggs might not be there huh? because they wouldnt have a pokemon trainer character, and then have pokemon characters themselves you know.

HarryPooter

Smash Cadet
whoa whoa whoa but this might mean that pika mew2 jiggs might not be there huh? because they wouldnt have a pokemon trainer character, and then have pokemon characters themselves you know.

Pikachu is already confirmed, heh

Also, anyone who complains about this ruining the game needs to GTFO the internet.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
This PT is more like Zelda/Sheik transformation only now you HAVE to change back and forth lol

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
Did you read the Stamina part? That doesn't sound like a viable strategy; switching too much or using one too long isn't a good idea, apparently.
Yeh like i said i want to see how it works and the stamina thing may balance it.
We are cant be sure how the stamina thing works, like how would it be not good for them? would they move slower, get some % or can get knocked back more easily

lollerskater

Smash Cadet
It's also interesting to note that changing between pokemon is different than the Zelda/Sheik transformation because there can actually be a period where there's nothing there for you to hit. Maybe the temporary invincibility will become part of the character's strategy?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Wow, I never would of thought that, just wow. Honestly I didn't like the idea of "Red" Pokemon Trainer when I've heard about it on the forums. Now that I see it I actually like the concept of it. Squirtle and Charizard are among my favorite pokemon ^_^ and I'll be able to play as them both. Ivysaur doesn't look half bad.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
this really opens up possibilities. this is extremely unexpected and I really didnt think anything remotely like this would be in the game. it makes me think some of the more wild ideas about what might be in brawl that are tossed around in these forums could come true.

lollerskater

Smash Cadet
Time to start speculating on the final smash: Possibly a triple team attack? Or will each pokemon have its own final smash?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Omg, wouldn't it be cool if you could also unlock more pokemon for the Pokemon Trainer to use? I doubt that'll happen but you never know.

gnosis

Smash Lord
For Final Smash, I'm expecting a fourth, Legendary Pokemon of some sort that just comes, does one rapey move, then goes back; like a Pokeball but, y'know, more Final Smash-y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom