• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

So there's Luigi. As we all know he is Mario's brother. His first appearance was as a pallete swap, though later on he's developed in his own character, including getting his own game called Luigi's Mansion in 2001.

Movesets featuring his new abilities from recent games would be nice.

(BTW, if mods think this should be locked fine. Apparently there wasn't a GENERAL Luigi discussion topic, just one on Vacuum Luigi, which I figured is different.)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well you said "End of discussion." Implying (at least in my mind. -_-) that the discussion should end with that statement.

Anyways I'd kind of like to see an electric move from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Sure Pikachu has electricity, but at least it could differentiate him from Mario and perhaps get rid of his green Fireball once and for all.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash BROTHERS!!! No more comments or debate regarding Luigi being a playable character. (sorry, I had to say it)

I don't see how Luigi could make it out of the clone category. Mario and him have to be similar, and even if some of there moves vary from one another, he will still be considered a clone.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't see how Luigi could make it out of the clone category. Mario and him have to be similar, and even if some of there moves vary from one another, he will still be considered a clone.
I don't see why they have to be similar. Sure they can keep their jumps similar. However in recent times Luigi has changed and got many things that could be used for his moveset. Why shouldn't Sakurai make them different?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
maybe just a different move or two and maybe work on some balancing but Luigi imo is good the way he is as for a FS I have no idea what it would be oh wait.. green fire rage

EDIT - btw...http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=111490
Well I made this topic so we'd stop having all of these other topics about Luigi. If you want to talk about the FS we should do it here.

I still think Luigi should be changed, and he probably will be. Maybe not drastically, but I can say a few moves will probably be altered greatly.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
4. His FowardB is kind of odd...I like it, it's weird and random like him so it's fine. Killing himself is one of his disadvantages in a way lol

5. His pose is sweet lol seriously though...

6. If Wavedashing is carried on (which it most likely will) he's gonna Rule!!! EVEN ! MORE!!!! ....... Why? They will bring more diversity to this game, the heavy guys heavier, the shooters more firepower based ect...but always BALANCED! Luigi's biggest difference off the end of the spectrum compared to the others is his "sliding" abilities and lack of friction...I look for that to be fun and sweeeeeeet!

Other than that...his speed, strength and stamina in every form was relative to the roster quite nicely...

Edit: WTF it cut my post in half

Dynamism

Smash Lord
1. His Uppercut of Doom and Tornado of Horror are perfect the way they are, maybe modified to fit Brawl but that's it.

Edit: WTF my comp's wacked I hit EDIT ****IT!

2. His jumping ability and air battle is AMAZING and that'll definately carry onto Brawl

3. His B needs improvement, it's the worst in the game. It's slow, bad range, no knock back. I guess it makes him balanced with the others though.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
HIs green fire should just be rplaced by a vacume move or something and his over b should not be random it should only explode if you press taunt while charging it.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
It would be nice "sexy" to control the explosion "of love" wtf...
But I'm thinking...AND I THINK THIS WOULD BE PERFECT...he could charge it and press Z (like sheiks B) to hold it. And when fully charge, you don't just "take off" you sit there. If you let go, you take off. If you press Z, you hold it and it's now EXPLOSIVE!!!

cool eh?

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice "sexy" to control the explosion "of love" wtf...
But I'm thinking...AND I THINK THIS WOULD BE PERFECT...he could charge it and press Z (like sheiks B) to hold it. And when fully charge, you don't just "take off" you sit there. If you let go, you take off. If you press Z, you hold it and it's now EXPLOSIVE!!!

cool eh?
that would be cool too.
Im tired of randomly dying so any means to control it would be great.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i thought this was about a character called general luigi, i was like "when was he in a military game?"

Noshiee

Smash Ace
They should add a vacumm attack and the ability to jump higher than others, and maybe the super jump from Super Paper Mario.

I think he will come back, he is anyway the second most recognised character in Nintendo after Mario XD
JUst my opinion

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Man... Luigi needs to be there...

Makes me wonder again where the name "Super Smash Bros." came from..

Super cause they're all awesome.
Smash.. Smash movoes duh!
Bros... This is a hard one..

Well I like Luigi, he doesn't seem like much of a clone to me unlike Waluigi. I mean they're brothers.....
*Starts thinking of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha.. and me and my bro.*
Never mind :p

Chepe

Smash Lord
I cant wait to see Luigi in Brawl! New looks, new voice (YES!), new attitude (none of that flamboyant crap). Im not homophobic or anything, but that seriously isnt Luigi in Melee...

For his moveset, I prefer if he didnt have the vacuum out at all times, perhaps if his Side B is changed to that (though Im sure many wouldnt be happy about it). I really want his forward smash to change to resemble Dr. Mario's, because then the Thunderhand stuff from Superstar Saga would be there. Mario already seems to sport Firebrand in his forward smash...

One thing though: I recently read that Luigi was voted most for removal from the Smash series by Japanese players, which kinda troubles me... Anyone else heard or read this that can provide a link to the info? It makes me a little mad - why would they have anything against the other brother? Many prefer him to Mario, including moi...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the regular Luigi....by general he meant that its not Vacuum Luigi...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'd love to see him wearing his striped socks >_<

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
I liked the way he was kinda, dunno, femenine in melee, but Id love to see how they change their moveset to make him a complete new ccharacter, something from his own game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Who is General Luigi?? :confused:
ClarkJables beat you to that.

Anyways, yeah I think his B should be a Thunderhand move. It would work kind of like Mario's Fsmash, except you could hold B and charge it and it'd have a greater range.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
ya luigi will make it but probably as an unlockable like before. i REALLY dont see the point in that seeing how every1 already expects him to be in it.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I'd like to see the forgotten plumber revamped. Perhaps with the thunder Palm like in Superstar Saga, or even better with the Poltergeist 300. I saw a pretty interesting move set somewhere.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I understand. A lot of people would. IMO, I think the characters should be more diverse. Sakurai stated that lots of people wouldn't return. I'm having my fingers crossed that he meant clones. I wouldn't minded if he they returned, but it would be cool if their movesets were changed. A little...

IllidR

Smash Champion
I understand. A lot of people would. IMO, I think the characters should be more diverse. Sakurai stated that lots of people wouldn't return. I'm having my fingers crossed that he meant clones. I wouldn't minded if he they returned, but it would be cool if their movesets were changed. A little...
I don't recall him saying lots of people wouldn't return. I remember it more as not everyone will be returning. And i think Luigi should stay relatively the same.. he's a fun character, definitely not a clone because you play him completely different from Mario.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Without Luigi, Super Smash Bros. couldn't be Super Smash Bros.

If by some chance he was kicked out, it would really piss me off. There are so many different movesets that could be created to make him completely different from Mario, it would be a waste if they just scrapped him for that reason.

So much of a waste I probably wouldn't spend the $300 for the Wii and game.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Luigi

he is a great jumper

B=Take out his vacumm and sucks the enemy in, like kirby but you can tap B rapidly to make more damage. The enemie can free himself from the vacumm also by taping buttons and moving their joystick. They'll be a max of 3 seconds inside the vacumm before being freed automaticly. (Luigi's Mansion)

Front B=He will charge his hand with electricity and the release a lightning sphere from it, hitting those in front of him multiple times and stun them. It can be charged to make the thunder sphere bigger and sronger. (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga)

Up B=Is like Yoshi's second jump, it doesnt make any damage but works as a great recovery as it gets very high up. (Super Mario Bros. 2)

Down B=He jumps up rapidly andit works as his front B from Meele but goes almost vertically up and doesn't explode upon contact and can hit more than one character. It can be charge (it looks like he is getting squished) to make more damage and get higher. It only works while in the ground. In air it only goes a little up and makes very little damage in comparison with the original jump. It can be charged in air. (Super Paper Mario)

Final Smash=I dont know, maybe getting inside his Brobot from Super Paper Mario when his brainwashed as Mr.L (hey, I got an idea, Mr. L can be one of his cosumes ^^) (Super Paper Mario)

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Ok for all those people out there that are so stupid to think that he wont making to brawl your full of it. Its just like Peach there making suspence.. lol and for everything else hes an original its like taking mario out lol.

Top Bottom