• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Shadow Moses Island Discussion

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
This stage recreates the structure in front of the helipad on Shadow Moses Island.

High walls on the left and right?!

Walls tower over the stage on the left and right, giving it a caged death-match feel.

The searchlight spots someone, and the"!" icon appears!

You can destroy the walls on the left and right with attacks. Those who aren’t skilled at launching foes upward may want to be proactive about attacking them.

The walls come tumbling down.

Oh, and occasionally a Metal Gear will appear from the background.

Metal Gear REX!

Metal Gear RAY!

Apparently one other kind appears, too. It’s supposedly a slightly newer model.

On this stage, Snake communicates with his team to learn the key characteristics of his rivals... Whoa... Seriously?

We’ve intercepted some of these communications and we’re delivering those to you now.

EDIT: Here is all the various Japanese codec messages for every character in Brawl. Now, from what I've heard, all you have to do is crouch in front of the character and, after a set amount of time, the codec message starts. Anyway, enjoy. If you can translate the messages, I'd be much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ScdNs0-8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30zcBpIg2wk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0moMrOsnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lUo3BcrDOA

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I knew you'd make this one, colbusman...

It looks pretty cool, though, quite different from stages we've had before...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can't really say for sure, but it looks like those two screenshots you showed are taken at the same spot, only at different angles. (The second one being how you would normally see it?)

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost SURE it's Shadow Moses. And just wondering..will Snake be getting a.."partner" character? Like..Grey/Gray Fox? And if so, what about the Big Shell? Will that be a stage? Eh..back on topic, I think it looks really fun, and I have no idea why it seems like there's and outside AND inside.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I can't really say for sure, but it looks like those two screenshots you showed are taken at the same spot, only at different angles. (The second one being how you would normally see it?)
They only show this place like two or three times and only for about 5 seconds each. The part with link is different because you can see Zamus and Snake on this part later on (also there is a clip where Snake is running past this part). There isn't a whole lot shown about this stage yet. I have a couple different pics that I posted in the confirmed stage discussion, too.

edit: I just noticed someone else has a MG/Helipad stage discussion...looks like they beat you, too. lol >_>

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I think that this might act as the Fire Emblem stage,which is unfortunate because that seems to be a growing trend. :ohwell: But I know this stage will be awesome anyway.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

I really, really want to see his stage already, but since Sakurai mentioned adventure mode, now i'm wondering what kind of stage it will be for it, but I'm geeting a hunch it might be in a hangar or something

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Well we can see the same design on the platforms in both pics so i think it's fair to say it is the same stage. I think it will be a still stage but i could be wrong.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
I think it's one stationary stage, and on the left side there's a large wall or building of some sort.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
I think there's some things we can gather from these screenshots. The characters are always facing a certain way. So I gather that the big, boring, flat metallic-looking wall would be in the background when you fight, while the cool buildings and mountains would be off to the side...?

It makes sense to me, from the screenshots, but not from a gameplay perspective... why leave all that cool stuff at the periphery? Hopefully there'll be even cooler stuff happening in the background. Maybe the Hind D will come and cause some trouble. Or even Metal Gear REX...? Would that even be possible...?

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
that second pic is definitely from inside. If youve ever played MGS it appears to be the Dock area where you start the game. The first picture is like colbus said, the helipad just above the dock. Im guessing everyone falls through at somepoint or you start at the dock and for some reason ride the elevator to the top

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sweet, nice find.

I completley forgot about this stage.

It would be lame if it were the same as Castle Siege, though.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Boy, we really need a stage update on this one. Don't forget, some of the screens could have been from the adventure mode also.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
We can't really derive much from what we've seen of it.
I REALLY hope we get more stage updates and soon. But I'm really liking the stage so far, it looks neat from what we've seen and I can't wait to see more.

OmegaXXII

yea at first it seemed really weird because at the time of Melee I really loved it as well as playing MGS and always thought to myself "what if snake could be in it" and somehow I know it's coming true because when I saw the screenshot of snake I got shocked and I'm now anxious to know how he will develop in terms of moves and definetly curious about this stage, especially how it will turn out but knowing Kojima I know he will do an excellent job with it in terms of it's overall look.

Spazznid

Smash Cadet
I think the inside and outside are two separate stages but they might go into each other (maybe the inside stage has a floor that rises to the outside like an elevator or something...

muesli

Smash Journeyman
Germany, Waldkirch (nobody knows this place)!
Sneseless thread, you can also do an Official how many Mario stages will be in the game or on witch planet from the Metroid Universe will you be able to fight? In my opinion nothng special and I dont know yet! Why is Solid Snake in Brawl he is not from Nintendo :dizzy:

Solid Snake: sucks! buh
(sry for that rudeness)

muesli :)

OmegaXXII

Sneseless thread, you can also do an Official how many Mario stages will be in the game or on witch planet from the Metroid Universe will you be able to fight? In my opinion nothng special and I dont know yet! Why is Solid Snake in Brawl he is not from Nintendo :dizzy:

Solid Snake: sucks! buh
(sry for that rudeness)

The only reason you think it a senseless thread is because your not a Metal Gear fan, so if you don't like snake, then I suggest you stop flaming and not post at all, maybe if you play a little of his game you might like him a little

Why is Solid Snake in Brawl he is not from Nintendo :dizzy:
because he originated from the NES way back in '87

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... you know, there's a pretty fair bet that we're looking at two stages here for Snake. I know there's no more evidence for my opinion than for the two-section stage idea, it's just a hunch I have. Maybe that outdoor section we see is the Subspace Emisary portion of the stage, whereas the indoor portion will be where some pivotal battle will take place. If so, then it would be this portion of the stage that might be usable in Vs. mode. Again, just a hunch, it's really hard to guess given what little information we have.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How the hell do you kill someone on Snake's stage...only at the top?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
**** yeah, metal gears!!! I think this might be my favorite stage so far :)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Once again - it looks like the side will be like the Yoshi one in melee i.e. a slope but you can go over the edge

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i knew we'd be getting this soon! updated the first page. but i love this stage even more! it seems like those two stages....it was the same one! cause all the screenshots ever shown fit everywhere on the first pic. I love it! it's good to see the "!" appear somewhere in this game like i thought it would and the fact 3 types of Metal Gear try and attack you...pure genius

and then Sakurai even tells us Snake can communicate with other members of his team....are you serious?! just like Fox and Falco on Corneria! just that part there easily puts this as my favorite stage. can't wait

Top Bottom