• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delfino Plaza Discussion

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I don't care if I don't have an exciting introduction or, actually, anything exciting at all about this topic. I have at least provided you people with screenshots, Sakurai's comments on screenshots, and some of my comments.

This is the central town of Isle Delfino, the tropical setting of Super Mario Sunshine.

Wow! That blue ocean is bright on the eyes.

Ahh... It makes me want to swim.

This particular battle stage flies around the skies above the island.

Fly here and there as you look down on the town below.

After a thrilling landing, it becomes a normal battle stage.

There are several landing points.

This flight path repeats, providing great sightseeing and brawling.
The changing scenary is so beautiful, you get absorbed into it.

You really feel like a tourist!

Ahh, Delfino Plaza. The place where Mario had to get Shine Sprites and remove graffiti made by Bowser Jr. disguised as Shadow Mario.

Speaking of Shadow Mario... Does this stage tell us anything about his appearence in Brawl?

Anyways, this stage looks like Mute City without the cars. It'll probably have the same tournament availability as Mute City.

Here is a vid I found that has Delfino Plaza's music on it. Maybe it will be used for Brawl's stage music of Delfino Plaza, but probably changed a little.

So, discuss Delfino Plaza!

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't a big fan of Sunshine and likewise, I'm not a big fan of this stage. It could be fun though, but it's a bit too colorful for my tastes, Yoshi's Island is the exception because I loved that game and the cell shaded crayon graphics look beautiful, and I like the whole changing seasons thing. Though I guess this level will be worth a try.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I like how Sakurai has made a lot of these stages more in-depth. The water is beautifull. xD If you look in the first picture, you can see that they changed Delfino Plaza so that you could fight..Ex. The statue is taken out, and also look at the big star, it has platforms on the side..

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I am wondering how they will go about switching places in the stage.

It seems that every picture is in a different place, one is a floating platform, two is surrounded by plaforms, and three is in a sort of "town square" place.

I am wondering how thats going to happen.

Any thoughts on that?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Final Destination, but sunnier.
No, it's more like a relaxing Mute City without the VROOMing cars. And it probably won't have the LOUD music. (No, I don't think Mute City's music is loud. You know, the music will be, calm.)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I'd like to be able to fight on the Shine gate, though.
You probably will. Like Salaad said, there are platforms sticking out of the sides of the Shine Gate, so you'll probably be able to brawl there.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I love how it looks exactly like SMS (graphics wise.) I always loved SMS's graphics, especially the water. Still I would have rather had the hotel as a stage, that'd look awesome.

Oh well, I kind of wish it would stay in one place, but I'll judge it when I play it.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I love how it looks exactly like SMS (graphics wise.) I always loved SMS's graphics, especially the water. Still I would have rather had the hotel as a stage, that'd look awesome.

Oh well, I kind of wish it would stay in one place, but I'll judge it when I play it.
Ah, yes... The Hotel Delfino was BEAUTIFUL.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/016/016713/img_1569695.html

You also had a clear view of the sunset right off Sirena Beach...

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/016/016713/img_1569709.html

...Beautiful...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I just hope they put better music to it if they decide not to go with the original music cause it just sounds to peaceful for fighting game.
Yeah, like Fountain of Dream's it sounded all girly and whatnot, then it got a little more manly. a little...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, but...
Someone tell me why the statue isn't there o_o am i missing something?

-KR
It's probably not there so people can fight there without it in the way.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post, but...

It's probably not there so people can fight there without it in the way.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
well, it wasn't exactly where the fighting area is. they could've placed it in the background o_o

eh, well, who cares.

-KR

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
This is my favourite stage. Every factor of it is so new to smash, it's very refreshing.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
When you get off the stage, it seems you can walk off it. It might be banned. It's such a sweet stage, too.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
i loved this game :D haha, poor sunshine...everybody dissin' it, anyways i love this stage too, and the music i hope they spice it up or something, well it dosn't really matter i still like the old one thogh, hope its good

Salaad

Smash Ace
When you get off the stage, it seems you can walk off it. It might be banned. It's such a sweet stage, too.
Nah, It'll be counterpickable for sure. It's only walk-off on some parts. Look at the shine gate, that doesn't look like one of the walk-off parts. xD

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
This is great. (Nothing like Final Destination he even said "there's lots of landing points")

Anyways, I love the different places in this game. I loved this game (although I know some didn't) and I think that it's definitely a perfect fit.

Even the happy cheery music is fine, since some of the music on the Melee stages wasn't exactly made for fighting (Yoshi and Kirby levels anyone?) I think they'll just rearrange it like they did to a lot of the other music.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
It'll probably have a calm intro and then go into a upbeat fighting theme. If it has catchy music then I'll end up playing the hell out of the stage as much as I did with Mute City in Melee.
I did the same thing with Mute city. I see myse;f playing this one alot too. i never even noticed the platforms by the sunsprite before.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, I must say, I absolutely loved Sunshine. It was so colourful and full of life, I was looking for my lower Jaw after I saw how beautiful the water looked.

Im really glad that they made a stage, but from what I see from the screenshots, the areas seem pretty dull so far, but who am I to be quick to Judge? I also noticed about the statue, but it might actually rise out of the ground like it did in the game whilst your brawling it out? Who knows..

Lets hope the platform takes us to the rooftops or even out of the Plaza and over to Bianco Hills, which is a slim chance, but would be awsome nevertheless.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I know this won't happen, but it'd be awesome if the platform took you throughout all of Isle Delfino. Delfino Plaza - Bianco Hills - Ricco Harbor - Gelato Beach - Pinna Park - Noki Bay - Sirena Beach - Pianta Village - Corona Mountain - Delfino Plaza - etc.

But, just Delfino Plaza is fine, too. (What is a Delfino?)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I know this won't happen, but it'd be awesome if the platform took you throughout all of Isle Delfino. Delfino Plaza - Bianco Hills - Ricco Harbor - Gelato Beach - Pinna Park - Noki Bay - Sirena Beach - Pianta Village - Corona Mountain - Delfino Plaza - etc.

But, just Delfino Plaza is fine, too. (What is a Delfino?)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Sounds interesting but I really doubt we'd see every single isle, unfortunately... :ohwell:

As for what a Delfino is, I always thought they just derived it from the word Dolphin since it's tropical and the island was shaped like a dolphin from memory.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Sounds interesting but I really doubt we'd see every single isle, unfortunately... :ohwell:

As for what a Delfino is, I always thought they just derived it from the word Dolphin since it's tropical and the island was shaped like a dolphin from memory.
Hey, that dolphin thing makes sense... Good thinking, Blobulator! :bigthumbu

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Although I think the game is a tad overrated (yeah, I went there) I still rather like Super Mario Sunshine. I'm glad that such a cool looking stage is being made to may homage to it.

Now if only the FLUDD jetpack were an item...

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
I think the general consensus is that anyone who liked Super Mario Sunshine love this stage, and the people who didn't like the game don't like it don't like it from bias. And for those of you who haven't played...I dunno.

I would love to hear a re-arranged version of the music that plays on Isle Delfino though.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I think the general consensus is that anyone who liked Super Mario Sunshine love this stage, and the people who didn't like the game don't like it don't like it from bias. And for those of you who haven't played...I dunno.

I would love to hear a re-arranged version of the music that plays on Isle Delfino though.
I like it because of Mario Kart DS.

blanko33

Smash Journeyman
they should putt has asist trphey or a normal character delfino mayor or the guy that you have to race him in the game(I dont really now his name)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
they should putt has asist trphey or a normal character delfino mayor or the guy that you have to race him in the game(I dont really now his name)
The guy you have to race? He's ll Piantissimo.

The guy in your post is Petey Piranha.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Top Bottom