• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Circuit Thread

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
After many many MANY months, the Mario Kart stage that was shown last November finally arrives at the DOJO!! with the name "Mario Circuit".

Huge! Too bad you're only fighting in one part of it....

Just as we thought, the Shy Guys are racing around the stage. They can either come from below:

It seems that DK's traumatized.

Or from the side of the stage, depending where they are on the lap:

Fierce Shy Guys!

It's very similiar to Melee's Mute City, except you're not moving around the stage.

Also you can defeat the shy guys. If you're lucky, I guess.

It's a battle between a car and a bat! Who will win?

Here is the video that was posted when this thread was created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qknz4lJN3LY

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
First they clone characters, now levels? When will it end?!?!
Actually, this level isn't a complete clone of Mute City. Delfino Plaza is the other half because of the constant-moving platform. THIS stage has the cars.

LOL If you can hit the cars and eventually send the Shy Guys flying out of them. :laugh:

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Mario gets Delfino Plaza.
Peach gets her castle.
Bowser gets his castle, I suppose.
Luigi gets his mansion.
Toad gets Mario Circuit!

That's just wishful thinking, sadly. I'm interested to finally see an official update on a Mario stage, so I'm looking forward to it. (Realistically, Mario will get the Mario Circuit and Peach will get Delfino Plaza).

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
The Mario Kart stage looks like fun.Not a terribly lot of fun,but enough fun.Seems sort of lacking though.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Not too excited about this one, I didn't play on Mute City too much either.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I think this game will be slightly different when it's finally released, as I always thought that that is just an early prototype of the level
I don't know,... I think we have not seen all of it yet... but what we have seen is like it is going to be.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I personally love this stage, because, personally, Mario Kart has been one of my favorite game series, ever.

I really hope they use the soundtrack from "Super Mario Kart." 'Twas my absolute favorite game when I was a kid. I still miss it even today (hurry up, Nintendo, and put that thing up on the Virtual Console)!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
They Shy Guy aspect is the only similarity, really. The stage's actual design, sans Shy Guys, is original to the Smash sereis, and could be very interesting, especially if players get trapped between those two ramps. But even if they do, those SG are still probably easy to dodge, as the enviorment doesn't shift like it did in Mute City. (That and Pikachu was shown to dodge them all with ease)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Mario gets Delfino Plaza.
Peach gets her castle.
Bowser gets his castle, I suppose.
Luigi gets his mansion.
Toad gets Mario Circuit!

That's just wishful thinking, sadly. I'm interested to finally see an official update on a Mario stage, so I'm looking forward to it. (Realistically, Mario will get the Mario Circuit and Peach will get Delfino Plaza).
Peach doesn't deserve Delfino Plaza, Bowser Jr. does, and he WIll get it mark my words.

This Mario Kart stage will probably be a back up Mario stage, since the Mario Kart franchise does not generally boast a single spotlight star.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I personally was holding out for either a Rainbow Road stage as a stage for SSBB.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
If the Rainbow Road wasn't a Mario Kart exclusive it wouldn't be so fun to race on it anymore.
why not? It is still the same level... but I hate how the new rainbow rodes are easier then the old ones, (to me at least)

vesperview

Smash Hero
why not? It is still the same level... but I hate how the new rainbow rodes are easier then the old ones, (to me at least)
Actually the only "hard" so to speak Rainbow Road is the first one, due to the fact that there was nothing on the edges that kept you from falling, all of the others were plain easy. and why not? well because the Rainbow Road is like the stage you are always most looking forward to in Mario Kart, therefore it should stay as a Mario Kart exclusive.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What was the one in DD with the night and buildings. I would say that, Rainbow Road, or maybe the Chocolate level or the desert-train level in Super Mario Kart 64. In the train one, the level could be right on the train.

I owned at every rainbow road.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Actually the only "hard" so to speak Rainbow Road is the first one, due to the fact that there was nothing on the edges that kept you from falling, all of the others were plain easy. and why not? well because the Rainbow Road is like the stage you are always most looking forward to in Mario Kart, therefore it should stay as a Mario Kart exclusive.
that is the one I was talking about, and true it is the stage you are looking forward to, and it is in many ways "the stage" of mario kart, but to each their own I guess.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I.. haven't seen anyone mention this, but It looks like the race track shaped like an 8 and you fight where the course intersects. So one moment you'll be dodging Shy Guys below by fighting on top of the platforms, but the next you'll be fighting below the platforms as the Shy Guys race overhead. Throwing your friends into them will be fun!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I.. haven't seen anyone mention this, but It looks like the race track shaped like an 8 and you fight where the course intersects. So one moment you'll be dodging Shy Guys below by fighting on top of the platforms, but the next you'll be fighting below the platforms as the Shy Guys race overhead. Throwing your friends into them will be fun!
I noticed that as well, but neglected to mention it. I guess you'll always have to be on your toes for this type of stage.

Of course this whole stage will probably not be legal in tournamants, not because of the Shy Guys though, but the walk of stages. :O

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I think this is just part of adventure mode... which knowone took into consideration..It could also be a mini game...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
The name of the stage is Mario Circuit. Sorry, no toad Xp

Seem it says Mario Circuit? And that's the level from Mario Kart. And Mario Kart Stage is a weird name. And I like pizza < Chocolate < Girl > Money

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that the Mario Kart Stage's official name will be "Mario Circuit" because that's what it says on the sign in the level.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Out of all the old stages shown in the trailers, only this one remains. How long do you think it will take until it's finally shown on the site?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mario Circuit might be the most boring pick for a battle stage out of all the courses in Mario Kart. That is a shame.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Mario Circuit might be the most boring pick for a battle stage out of all the courses in Mario Kart. That is a shame.
Yeah, but it's also the default Mario Kart track. It's the perfect stage to represent Mario Kart.

I hope that what we saw in the trailer was an early version of the stage, and the final version will have various Mario characters driving that karts instead of just Shy Guys.

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, I noticed this too, so the level is actual completely different than Mute City fortunately.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
We don't even know if this stage will move yet, it may not be all that much like mute city in the end...

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Bah.. This stage is looking quite dull from what I've seen so far, especially the boring hoards of shy guys. Lets hope the platform top centre does move all around the course, maybe landing in a hazardous area full of piranha plants or just a large chain chomp nipping at you, but the change of scenery would be cool enough. It would be a real letdown if it didn't.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Bah.. This stage is looking quite dull from what I've seen so far, especially the boring hoards of shy guys. Lets hope the platform top centre does move all around the course, maybe landing in a hazardous area full of piranha plants or just a large chain chomp nipping at you, but the change of scenery would be cool enough. It would be a real letdown if it didn't.
I'd rather it be just the area shown to us in the video. I don't want it to be Mute City.

Top Bottom