• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(• Official Confirmed Stage Discussion •)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
(• Official Confirmed Stage Discussion •)​

Alright, this is it, folks. A brand-new forum, and this is the place to discuss stages that have already been confirmed. I'll do by best to keep it updated as the new stages are revealed. Please limit your discussions to confirmed stages only (that is, only stages we have actually seen in screenshots or videos).

I'll start with those stages already on the Smash Dojo site. Click on the stage name or screenshot to go to the specific stage discussion thread:

<Battlefield>​

A classic is reborn! This is a stage we've all spent a lot of time playing, and now, instead of the old dark and gloomy background, it's been given a face lift! As time passes, the background will turn from day to evening to night and then to morning.

Battlefield Discussion

<Delfino Plaza>​

It's like Mute City!...But it's not. Instead of the short, single platform that you spend your traveling time upon, Deflino Plaza takes you from place to place throughout the Island Delfino on a full platform complete with floating platforms. Could you ask for anymore? Oh, and the view is great, too.

Delfino Island Stage Discussion

<Yoshi's Island>​

The Melee stage returns, but the three floating platforms are replace by one big tilting platform. The clouds have also been taken away and are replaced by a big ghost who occasionally will bring another a platform on the side. Only minor changes, right?

Yoshi's Island Stage Discussion

<Lylat Cruise>​

What this? A Star Fox stage that doesn't take place on the Great Fox?! It's true; the battle takes place on a ship called Pleiades, which was designed specifically for Brawl. The layout of the three platforms will be an interesting twist, and the background as the stage tours the Lylat System will be amazing.

Lylat Cruise Stage Discussion

<Bridge of Eldin>​

2.5 FDs FTW!! This stage looks huge. The sides look like walk-offs, and occasionally King Bulblin or the Moblins show up to cause parts of the stage to explode. It's possible to get stuck underneath as well. It's a tossup: This stage could be used a lot or hardly at all. In any case, it seems that the stage is so huge that even with the giant gaps in the bridge, there is still plenty of fighting room.

Bridge of Eldin Stage Discussion

<Smashville>​

Best stage evar (IMO)...This one looks like it could easily replace FD. It looks pretty neutral, and there is one good-sized platform as well. It takes place in an Animal Crossing village, complete with the villagers watching you. If you're familiar with the Animal Crossing series, I'm sure you'll see a familiar face or two...or three...or...yeah, there's a lot of them. It also seems that this stage takes advantage of your console's internal clock to change the time of day, who appears, and what events are going on in the town.

Smashville Stage Discussion

<Rumble Falls>​

Oh my! Icicle Mountain deja vu. This stage is an up-scroller, just like IM in Melee. *many groans* However, this stage seems to have a constant direction and speed instead of the randomness that was IM. Another plus is that this stage is a lot wider and there seem to be a lot better platforms to interact with. You can also...climb...ladders? Interesting. Also, still trying to figure out what those buttons are?

Rumble Falls Stage Discussion

<Skyworld>​

Pit's stage!...yeah, we've seen it before. The platforms break pretty frequently, it seems. But, do not fret! You can still stand upon the clouds. The downside is that you can still be spiked through the clouds. Ouch. Anyway, There are a lot of aspects to this stage, even though it comes across as pretty simple. Overall, it seems like it will play out a lot differently than stages we've seen in the past.

Skyworld Stage Discussion

<Castle Siege>​

The Fire Emblem stage is revealed. There are multiple areas to this stage as well. You begin at the top of the castle battling, and at some point the party falls through the room into a throne room of some sort. From there, you will fall again into...??? (Well, actually, you can easily see that it's an underground cavern with water and stalactites by using Photoshop.) Anyway, this stage looks like it could be an adventure in itself.

Castle Siege Stage Discussion

<WarioWare>​

Finally, the WarioWare stage! This one looks simply amazing. For anyone who doesn't know, the scenery seems to have been taken from the Gamecube version of the WW series. The scenery changes as you play, albeit very quickly, just like in the real games. Basically, as it changes, it simply seems to go from a normal floating stage to a walkoff. Apparently, you also receive some sort of "reward" for completing each Microgame level. What all of this will entail is anyone's guess. But, I think this stage looks amazing and will be really fun to play on.

WarioWare Stage Discussion

the grim lizard

Smash Master
<Pokemon Stadium 2>​

This is the same old Melee stage, only...different. It appears that not only do various Pokemon pop up in the background (reminiscent of Saffron City), but the elemental transformations are all different as well. The elements included this time around are Ice, Ground, Flying, and Electric. How will this stage play differently from its predecessor? And, what does this mean for the old Pokemon stadium, since the other elements were intentionally avoided?

Pokemon Stadium Stage Discussion

<Battleship Halberd>​

This stage was in a lot of clips of the e3 2006 trailer. You start out in a hanger, and then after Meta Knight's ship takes off, the little platform you're on follows it. The ends of the main platform are raised, and there is a long floating platform above. Eventually, the main platform docks in the back of the battleship, and it will attack players with the double-barrel cannon and a mechanical arm. I wonder if the name of the ship has anything to do with the company that makes Kirby games...:confused:

Battleship Halberd Stage Discussion

<Shadow Moses Island>​

colbusman, you got your wish...

Here's a unique stage for ya...The place is encased on both sides by walls; there's one long platform on top followed by two smaller ones below. You have to kill your enemy by throwing them upwards, or you can attack the side walls and apparently it becomes a walk-off, then. Occasionally the spotlight will come over someone and a "!" will appear and do...something, and metal gears appear at different times in the match. As if that wasn't enough, there is a way to have special dialogs come up for snake where he talks about the other fighters. The ones shown were hilarious. I wonder how many there are altogether.

Shadow Moses Island Stage Discussion

<New Pork City>​

Where's the old Pork City you may ask? Well, I have no idea. Anyway, this place is huge! It's Eagleland meets Temple. There are plenty of platforms and billboards and skyscrapers, even a swinging boat and a little moster guy who will kill you in one bite. Too much to take in, as Sakurai says himself. Oh well, at least there is no pit of doom, right??

New Pork City Stage Discussion

<Pictochat>​

Wow. Totally didn't see this one coming. Who did? This is a very, very, very unique stage. It's slightly reminiscent of PokeFloats but still a stage all it's own. It starts out flat and as the round progresses, shapes draw themselves to form new..."platforms." There are also lots of random hazards and moving components based upon what is drawn. If nothing else, it looks like it could be a pretty fun, unique stage. The fact that this stage has its own icon, too, blows my mind. What could it all mean??

Pictochat Stage Discussion

<The Summit>​

Yay, new ICs stage! And one that doesn't suck, no less. OK, so we have another moving stage. This one has an avalanche of sorts that moves the glacier eventually into the ocean. There are appearances by polar bears and even a large fish. It seems that Sakurai is alluding to that fish's resemblance to the Balloon Fighter fish. Whether this is good or bad for BF's chances is anybody's guess. Keep in mind, BF's music was used on Icicle Mountain in Melee. Speaking of which, I wonder what alternate music we'll get for this stage...

The Summit Stage Discussion

<Norfair>​

Thought this would be the updated stage, you say? Ah, not so! In any case, this stage was revealed in the recent Nintendo Press Conference Trailer and was also featured along with the playable demo given the press this previous week. It looks like five equally sized platforms as well as lava that rises. Ah yes, the lava. Can't have a Metroid stage without that, now, can we? Well, home to Ridley is always welcome.

Norfair Stage Discussion

*Also, if you see a new update that isn't on here yet, please give me a day. I check the site daily, but I may not have time to update this immediately. Thanks.*

the grim lizard

Smash Master
(Unofficial Stage Names)​

Below are the stages we have seen in screenshots or videos but have yet to be declared on the Smash Dojo site. These are also acceptable for discussion here.

<Mario Kart>​

We've only seen this stage in two of the videos. It seems like it is similar to Mute City, but the fighting area is stationary. Basically, Shy Guys just drive around the circuit and you'll have to avoid them when they come by. It appears to be a walk-off (seems reasonable); you get a good look at the edges at the beginning of the Nintendo World video with Mario's intro.

Mario Kart Stage Discussion

Semi-Confirmed​

There is only one stage in this category, but as long as I have this extra slot (until we get a bunch more stage updates) I figured I'd use this for something useful...

<Arena>​

Melee added stages to the selection screen for multiplayer that were originally used only for 1-player/classic mode matches. It's entirely possible that we will see some new stages that are used specifically for 1-player but are unlockable. The first shot was of a giant arena, which appears kind of similar to Pokemon Stadium. It even appears somewhat suspended like PS, too. We also see Mario fighting some of the modeas on this stage; so clearly it is use for battling and not just for the cut scenes we already saw. Could it be possible that this is a new type of stage/arena similar to those of Battlefield and Final Destination? If so, it's entirely possible that this stage will be unlockable for mutliplayer matches as well.

I really think someone should make a stage thread about this one, but then again, maybe we can just leave it exclusively to this thread. It won't hurt my feelings either way.

*reserved for future updates*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yes, a thread just for the confirmed stages. i'll subscribe to this. looks good too, grim

EDIT: so i guess i'll start something...

what is your favorite stage so far? mine is the castle seige, just cause of all the flaming wreckage that will happen (plus, i'm curious about what the bottom layer will look like...platform wise and stuff)

Salaad

Smash Ace
yes, a thread just for the confirmed stages. i'll subscribe to this. looks good too, grim

EDIT: so i guess i'll start something...

what is your favorite stage so far? mine is the castle seige, just cause of all the flaming wreckage that will happen (plus, i'm curious about what the bottom layer will look like...platform wise and stuff)
It might have some platforms, but it might also be a walk-off/Flat stage..but you can go to my thread for that. xD

Grim, I would really appreciate it if you could make some links to the threads. Sorry if I'm asking for too much..

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I have links in the stage titles and images.

I might make a separate link think instead of an embedded one...

Tau

Smash Apprentice
i'm really happy with every brawl stage that i've seen, it just looks like there's been alot more effort put into them to make them more interesting than most of the melee stages ^,^

Salaad

Smash Ace
You are my hero Grim...This thread is a great index for people looking for the threads..Yeah, this thread should be stickied..

the grim lizard

Smash Master
OK, I think I have everything updated that has been confirmed in some way. I might add more photos for stages, or I might just leave it as it is.

Sticky would be nice, but...I'll leave that up to the mods to decide.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Great work on this Grim! Cant wait to listen to some KK while playing on smash ville XD!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I really want to see snake's stage, but anyway, grim you shouls start a petition and maybe the mods will agree to sticky it ;)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Nice thread Grim. It really just sticks out for a great thread. I would not get to high hopes, but get some hopes for Sticky considering Mic said he likes this better than his own. Nice thread and Yoshi's Island FTW!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I love the Kid Icarus music in today's update. Especially how they incorporated the Grim Reaper theme and Game Over music in at the end. Kid Icarus is an amazing game, I'm surprised it's only getting it's due now after about a good 15+ years.

Pit and Meta FTW!

Any bets on getting a Peach update tomorrow?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I love the Kid Icarus music in today's update. Especially how they incorporated the Grim Reaper theme and Game Over music in at the end. Kid Icarus is an amazing game, I'm surprised it's only getting it's due now after about a good 15+ years.

Pit and Meta FTW!

Any bets on getting a Peach update tomorrow?
Yeah, I don't know why people have been bagging on this music update. It's no worse than any of the others (not to say the others have been bad...they're all good). Not only that, but this sound quality is at least as good as Melee's. I have the whole soundtrack on my computer, and I re-listened to some tracks today...I don't get it. People were complaining about Melee having orchestration but these don't, but they sound the same. :ohwell:

I personally think Sakurai will confirm all of the standard Melee characters by the end of August.

On topic...what do you guys think of the "This World" arena becoming a usable stage in Multiplayer like Battlefield and FD?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
I think it won't be. It looks like just a simple Adventure Mode stage. But maybe it will turn out to be one. Like a run-off version of FD.

And I was looking at the Mario Circuit stage just before (I wanted to post this before, but I didn't feel like editing) and I noticed that the platforms above the stage look very much... like ramps and a tabletop. Do you think that maybe the ShyGuys won't just be driving down at the bottom, but maybe jumping from ramp to ramp as well? This could turn out to be a very interesting stage.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
When I made this, there wasn't a lot known. I did do a big update for it, but the forums spazzed out on me and I lost it and got frustrated. I'd close this and sticky Grim's but unfortunately I don't have mod powers in here (yet)
see grim you'll get this topic sticked for sure, as for that stadium it might very well be the "new" final destination but I was hoping better for a last stage if that's gonna be the case

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Is it just me, or does Mario seem like he's kind of in the background in that picture in the arena?

EDIT:
Also, it appears that the little doll guys are looking at him from their platform as if he were on a different one. Maybe that's just a runthrough sequence and Mario is jumping up above a side platform, and the badguys will jump off at you or something?

That's my guess. Either that or Adventure Mode will have semi-360* movement... and I don't think that's the case.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it could end up being a final destination stage, but i still think it's just an adventure stage.

it's probably like the wire frames and polygon stages. numerous baddies just fall on the stage to try and beat the crap out of you, except they die in one hit

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does Mario seem like he's kind of in the background in that picture in the arena?

EDIT:
Also, it appears that the little doll guys are looking at him from their platform as if he were on a different one. Maybe that's just a runthrough sequence and Mario is jumping up above a side platform, and the badguys will jump off at you or something?

That's my guess. Either that or Adventure Mode will have semi-360* movement... and I don't think that's the case.
Whoa I've never noticed that before. Hrm that's interesting. Maybe they're waiting for their turn to get their butts kicked or something xD.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
the new stadium seems very entertaining but there are so many questions

i however think that the enemies will come out one after another and is shown there to show who's next

but a 3d smash stage will be fun

but will take time to get used to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom