• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Offical Final Destination Thread

iankobe

Smash Lord
As we all know, Final Destination is a stage where you fight the final "boss" master hand. As far as we know, we DO NOT know if Master hand would return. This stage, while being of the most important stages in melee, takes a important role of a good stage.

So what are your thoughts? Personally FD would return as one of the main stages again because of its flat platform and its balanced-liked stage for every character.

If FD doesn't return what else can replace it? Or maybe Master hand wouldn't make it back this time around? IF it does return, what would they do to it? Would they follow the structure like the new battle field? (see that the old FD and battlefield have the same kind of new-tech looking, and the new BF have the ancient kind of looking.)

Discuss.

This is what we had:

And this is what we have now:

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i second that motion............

its a great stage for people to fight on with skill alone compared to other maps with obstacles in them (though those are cool too...)

Yoshi Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I think it will come back. The closest thing we have as of now is Bridge of Eldin, and it has events happening (King Bulblin). And, as far as I can tell, you can't really fall off like you could on Destination.

Master Hand will probably come back if Destination does.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I personally think that the arena area seen in the first cut scene and in the picture of Mario kicking a "Modea" (I know that isn't the real name, bite me :p) is the Final Destination of Brawl. It seems like it would be, considering it has that "final" mood to it and it's completely flat.

In my opinion, that HAS to be Final Destination. It's possible that there are two completely flat levels and the level shown above is just a flat "arena" stage made just for Brawl, but chances are that there will be one and only one level like FD.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I thought that was the OPENING. Watching the trailer of Subspace Emissary, it seems like its just the opening. I'm thinking that you'll go through an adventure, and end up in another place. A place that you fight the final boss.

IllidR

Smash Champion
In my opinion, that HAS to be Final Destination. It's possible that there are two completely flat levels and the level shown above is just a flat "arena" stage made just for Brawl, but chances are that there will be one and only one level like FD.
That doesn't necessarily HAVE to be Final Destination. There have always been stages in adventure mode that weren't featured as a stage in multiplayer that looked similar to what we were allowed to use. For example, in the link part of adventure mode you would encounter several parts where you would fight a link, that was the same as battlefield. And at the part where you stopped to fight the Yoshi brigade you fought on a stage that was again like battlefield. So very well this could be a "clone" of Final Destination.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
It's possible, but those "levels" were part of bigger adventure style levels, this looks to be a level on it's own.

IllidR

Smash Champion
If you saw just that part they would have looked like a level on their own. The link "battlefield" would disappear the rest of the stage and the background would be a vortex. And you forget this arena stage was shown with the new "adventure mode".

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I realise that it was, but it's possible that it's the FD of Brawl, I never said it was 100%. :O

Yoshi Yoshi

Smash Rookie
The way the edge curves, it looks like it's pretty small. Either it's a vortex like IllidR said, or it's the actual Destination. It does seem kinda small though, even in comparison with the current one.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I would like to add though, that i would like for this to be the new Final Destination. It is very appealing even though it has parking spaces.

Edit: This is very off topic but the enemies on the "final destination" arena stage look like they copy other characters as polygons had in the past. And the one's posture reminds me a bit of Diddy Kong... just wanted to get that off my chest.

iankobe

Smash Lord
This picture that's showing the stage isn't big enough for us to see if it'd be the new FD. Maybe it will, but its not clear enough to see the entire stage.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
I think the new FD needs to be totally, totally awesome and abstract, as melee's was.

I think there should be a really really super special secret on the stage. Like if you shot samus's bacon at the black hole on the bottom of Melee FD, the arena would blow into two, and chaos would ensue, unlocking a new something. Imagin playing around with friends, then trying some crazy stuff unlocking, Sonic!!111!!1!

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I think the new FD needs to be totally, totally awesome and abstract, as melee's was.

I think there should be a really really super special secret on the stage. Like if you shot samus's bacon at the black hole on the bottom of Melee FD, the arena would blow into two, and chaos would ensue, unlocking a new something. Imagin playing around with friends, then trying some crazy stuff unlocking, Sonic!!111!!1!
Wait, that actually happened!? O_O

iankobe

Smash Lord
That'd be an awesome idea. Both Master Hand AND foot shows up. LMAO.

Well that makes FD a bigger, longer stage, wouldn't it.

Sir James

The Doctor
FD better make an appearance in Brawl. I have a feeling Final Destination will be a Classic stage. It'll be left in Brawl unchanged. I wouldn't mind it, but I would like to see a newer updated version of FD.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^trust me, we might see it updated since Battlefield got a new look, I wouldn't even be surprised if a "new" look came around for FD, but yea the classic FD look is also awesome

Sir James

The Doctor
^trust me, we might see it updated since Battlefield got a new look, I wouldn't even be surprised if a "new" look came around for FD, but yea the classic FD look is also awesome
The original FD does look cool, but I don't know if I can play the same stage again for another 6 years lol

Darkurai

Smash Master
Final Destination needs to be in Brawl exactly as it was in Melee, but with the next-gen graphics.

Yen-Yoshi

Smash Rookie
all i care is if they hav a stage the same size and flatness of final destination on melee

Darkurai

Smash Master
It's always swirling and going from light to dark. It's like if you play Guitar Hero for too long. Eventually everything seems as if it is scrolling up, even the whole T.V.
I've played Guitar Hero for hours on end, and that's never happened.

Weed

Smash Lord
We have yet to see the final boss of this game, and probably wont until it's release.. I'm sure It'll have a similar design, if not better.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I would love an updated Final Destination stage, but just make it completely flat. No secrets, no extra platforms, nothing but nice flatness.

Also, I thought that the Ancient Minister was the final boss.
I thought Bowser was the final boss of Melee.
Look what happened there.

Yen-Yoshi

Smash Rookie
i dont know if that could be fd because how would u fall off=P... whatever it'ds just my opinion

Top Bottom