• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Siege

Salaad

Smash Ace
Castle Siege, simply a Castle from Fire Emblem, but not from a specific game. In the backround you can see fireballs attacking the castle, but they are not a hazard while you are playing. Here is the stage..

After some time, the floor breaks and you will be inside of the castle..

You can also break the Statue's/Platforms..

It doesn't end there. Next, you move on to the underground..

It is suspected that there is a Dragon in the underground, but we will have to wait and see..

Shot at 2007-08-06

What do you thing is underground? How do the Statue's platforms break? How does the floor break?

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I think this stage looks like alot of fun, not only does it change and bring us to more areas which is really cool, there's also destructable environments which is even cooler.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Now Salaad, my good friend Salaad. Where's the information? The screenshots? What do we have to discuss? Perhaps the 14th century siege of Paris?

2 lines do not a topic make.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This is like the one of the most used stages for the daily update screenshots. There are loads of screenshots for this place.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I think that since it's not only one characters stage that it confirms at least one more Fire Emblem character..

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Castle Siege, simply a Castle from Fire Emblem, but not from a s
It is suspected that there is a Dragon in the underground, but we will have to wait and see..
break?
How many dragons are in FE? I think it something like the sacred stones.... where you fight the eggs, and gorgons.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I think it's gonna work like this: You start out as usual and sometime into the fight, a fireball breaks the floor and you go inside the castle. From there I think the castle will become invaded and I think that's what Sakurai means when he says "Quick! to the underground!"

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I think that since it's not only one characters stage that it confirms at least one more Fire Emblem character..
Well, yeah, that would be Ike.

The stage looks really cool, I just like the settings, they are awesome.

Not even putting the playability of the stage, just the setting looks awesome.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
From your sharpened version of the underground pic, I think I see molten lava on the left and a ruined building on the right.

I am a little disappointed, because the level might be TOO interactive. The first break-through into the castle Grand Hall is cool, but then falling into the caves below is just too much. that's just gonna be annoying. That is of course, unless it goes through a story a little like Lylat Cruise, where we then go through a whole bunch of rooms and find the Fire Emblem on a pedestal, just like Indiana Jones would've done....

Salaad

Smash Ace
From your sharpened version of the underground pic, I think I see molten lava on the left and a ruined building on the right.

I am a little disappointed, because the level might be TOO interactive. The first break-through into the castle Grand Hall is cool, but then falling into the caves below is just too much. that's just gonna be annoying. That is of course, unless it goes through a story a little like Lylat Cruise, where we then go through a whole bunch of rooms and find the Fire Emblem on a pedestal, just like Indiana Jones would've done....

Your right, but for all we know you could finish the fight before you get into the Kings throne room. (Assuming it's a 4-stock timed match).

Hong

The Strongest
I nominate "Decisive Battle" remixed for this stage's music, which would transit into the Fire Emblem Theme before the second loop.

As for what's at the bottom is a mystery which haunts us all. D:
A dragon would indeed be cool. Maybe the players land on a stone platform and the dragon picks it up and lifts it to a different side of the castle rooftop or something and it just loops. Who knows?

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
CAUTION: WALL OF TEXT/IDEAS

This stage looks pretty cool. If it doesnt loop you should be able to stay at certain parts of the stage for a good while, Like it starts on the roof tops, and after watching the battle around for a good while, a stray fire ball strikes the roof, breaking the floor and making you fall into the Hall. In there a battle is still raging, with those nights in the backround fighting each other, until maybe a wall in the background breaks, and in comes ALOT of knights who start fighting and blow up (? do they have bombs in FE?) the hall blows up and you fall to the bottom. where you fight in the lava til the end. If it DOES loop, then the coolest thing they could do with this part of the stage is when you fall down there's like a dragon roaring and fighting a couple archers & knights in the BG. Every now and then it spits fire that roasts the fighters and your characters. When the stage prepares to turn back to normal the dragon should rush the platform(s) the characters are on and carry them all back up to the top. That would be epic.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I am wondering if mabey the players "chose" when the stage goes threw things... that their attacking things is what really makes the stage go... boom and fall lower.... and then they... clime higher or something?

I think they should use all kinds of music, Lunadis, but that song should be in there.

Salaad

Smash Ace
But Sakurai says "Quick, to the underground!" which I think means that the enemies are in the castle. It could go both ways. I hope the underground isn't walk-off..

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Unless it loops or something, the underground, by definition of the word underground, would imply that there is a good chance it is walk-off.

I am a little disappointed, I would love if it stayed on top of the castle and/or just the roof and the inside. The underground I think is overkill, mate. (harry potter reference! zomg!!11)

cccck

Smash Journeyman
But Sakurai says "Quick, to the underground!" which I think means that the enemies are in the castle. It could go both ways. I hope the underground isn't walk-off..
A good point, we see them falling but that seems to say the players go underground because of something, and what other then an army could scare brawlers?

ok a lot of things could...
Unless it loops or something, the underground, by definition of the word underground, would imply that there is a good chance it is walk-off.

I am a little disappointed, I would love if it stayed on top of the castle and/or just the roof and the inside. The underground I think is overkill, mate. (harry potter reference! zomg!!11)
I think it is cool, but I hope there is not to much more after the underground..

Revven

FrankerZ
This looks to be our Hyrule Temple for Brawl. Unless, somehow, Sakurai makes another Castle stage (Bowser's Castle ...>_>) then this'll probably be our only big castle stage. That's only if, however, Hyrule Temple doesn't come back as a Past stage (and Sakurai would be nuts to not have it come back as a Past stage!!)

Beyond that, I love this stage so far. =D

Tau

Smash Apprentice
why isn't anyone posting here? this is one of brawls best stages, 5 star rate;)

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I was looking back at this stage today, and though I have never played a FE game I noticed something odd...

Strain your eyes guys, look way back there...Who is that? Again, no FE experience, so I have no idea who this guy could be. Maybe it's just a King guy, or...could it be the Black Knight? It does share a resemblance, like the color of his armor (Black and red)

What do you guys think.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I was looking back at this stage today, and though I have never played a FE game I noticed something odd...

Strain your eyes guys, look way back there...Who is that? Again, no FE experience, so I have no idea who this guy could be. Maybe it's just a King guy, or...could it be the Black Knight? It does share a resemblance, like the color of his armor (Black and red)

What do you guys think.
I did not seem them before??? well thouse are just plan out knights, which would lead me to guess that they are the attakers, and farther back is a not anyone, just an upgraded knight. I think...

IllidR

Smash Champion

What do you guys think.
Oh wow.. didn't see that. I'm guessing just plain old knights because i want Black Knight in as a character.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
That guy looks almost just like Zelgius...which wouldn't be good for BK supporters. >_>

See?

EDIT: Whoops, you guys were talking about the guy all the way in the back, instead of the Zelgius-esque guy with the sword in the ground. :O

IllidR

Smash Champion
That guy looks almost just like Zelgius...which wouldn't be good for BK supporters. >_>

See?

EDIT: Whoops, you guys were talking about the guy all the way in the back, instead of the Zelgius-esque guy with the sword in the ground. :O
I was talking about the guy up front, but now that i look at it it probably isn't Black Knight. Different color scheme on his armor and is he carrying a sword and a shield? That's just not Black Knight-ish. The guy in the back.. can't see that in the least. I'd guess it might be Ashnard since it is the throne room?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I was talking about the guy up front, but now that i look at it it probably isn't Black Knight. Different color scheme on his armor and is he carrying a sword and a shield? That's just not Black Knight-ish. The guy in the back.. can't see that in the least. I'd guess it might be Ashnard since it is the throne room?

By the guy up front, do you mean the guy with the sword in the ground, that looks like Zelgius? Or one of thoe other soldiers in red?

Spoilers~

You do know that Zelgius IS the Black Knight, right?

IllidR

Smash Champion
By the guy up front, do you mean the guy with the sword in the ground, that looks like Zelgius? Or one of thoe other soldiers in red?

Spoilers~

You do know that Zelgius IS the Black Knight, right?
The guy with the red who looks like Zelgius, the resemblance is uncanny and I'm HOPING that it isn't him. It could just be another random soldier. Plus it still looks like he has a shield in his hand? And yes i do know that he is.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...It's so blurry, that there still could be no one there at all. But I'd say if anyone that's not BK. The shape, if a person, seems to have a lighter colored spot where the head should be, thus indicating a face.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
It shouldn't be any FE characters in the background because it specifically says "this isn't a castle from a specific Fire Emblem". So, its just a castle with the spirit of Fire Emblem.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
It shouldn't be any FE characters in the background because it specifically says "this isn't a castle from a specific Fire Emblem". So, its just a castle with the spirit of Fire Emblem.
yes and plus if black knight really will be in brawl, wouldn't it be kind of weird to see him in the background while playing as him..? idk

Top Bottom